Start by marking “The Stone Thieves and the Honourable Order of Inventors (The Fabulous Arrangement of Atoms: Book 1)” as Want to Read:

Escape into a world you never knew existed.

There is a book which has shaped the course of history. For thousands of years, a secret society of inventors have guarded it. From the Greeks and Persians to mighty Hannibal and the formidable Caesars of Rome. Viking raiders. Crusaders. Even Genghis Khan and the Conquistadors sought it. Yet none have come close to finding
Published February 18th 2020

Be the first to ask a question about The Stone Thieves and the Honourable Order of Inventors

Start your review of The Stone Thieves and the Honourable Order of Inventors (The Fabulous Arrangement of Atoms: Book 1)
Bedside Book Review
What an adventure for four hapless teenagers who have been enrolled into a summer apprenticeship like no other. They learn of The Few and their quest to guard ‘a book’ against the evils of Harbinger Robotics. As the four learn secrets, martial arts, how to weld weapons and face the dangers lurking in jungles they become friends and a force to be reckoned with.
Eddy has written a brilliantly compelling story with countless twists and turns, enjoyable characters and witty banter. I eagerly await t
Paul Warrilow
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Fabulous Arrangement of Words. Absolutely brilliant.

The overall premise of this book could be happening right now, with maybe a few exceptions. The main characters are great, the supporting characters are also well written. I could not help thinking about this as a film as I read the book. It would make a great family film, in the way Harry Potter did. This may of been aimed at the young adult market but I am 51 and cannot wait for the next book to come out. The world Eddy has created is uniqu
thebookishlinguist
The Stone Thieves is a YA sci-fi novel that combines chemistry with legend to create an interesting and complex novel filled with action, technology and intrigue.

#gifted | I was very kindly sent a copy of this book by Eddy Telviot (@fabatoms) in exchange for an honest review.

The Stone Thieves is the first book in a new sci-fi series that follows four teenagers as they are invited into a group they never knew existed and taught extraordinary secrets. They are offered an opportunity few would refu
Danielle
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I'm not going to lie, when I first started this book, I had my doubts, but it is so amazing and I'm glad I gave it a chance.
So Stone Thieves is written in *mostly* short scenes. In the beginning, it was a little hard to follow and get in to, but as the book goes, it really drives the pace. It also gives you the chance to see things from multiple view points, which Telviot switches through seamlessly. Doing this made the book seem fuller, more details, more characters that I connected with,
Sebastian
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! I’m not even sure there are enough superlatives to write a review for this! It is honestly one of the best books I’ve read, not only this year but ever! Eddy effortlessly makes you care for the characters and the world in which they inhabit. I shall leave no spoilers, but I implore you to read it. Your world will be better off for it!

It is written by a phenomenal storyteller and I have absolutely no doubt that it is a name and book we will remember for years to come!
That Book Guy
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great YA novel, think Harry Potter but better.

The story follows 15 year old Sam and friends as they enter an apprenticeship for The Few, part a secret society that seeks to protect humans from themselves. The action jumps from a monastery in the Himalayas to a South American jungle to a circus in NYC. Fast paced, action filled and gadgets/inventions galore.

Great premise, great execution, I loved this book. Cannot wait for the next entry. Fabulous atoms indeed.
E.S.
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book Rating: ★★★★☆ (3.8 / 5 stars)

Forget everything you think you know.

Sam thought his father worked in the boring patent office in London, pushing papers and stamping documents. After his father brings him to work one day, Sam discovers that the patent office is far more than he ever thought. It turns out, his father is one of the Few, aiming to protect humanity from risky inventions that threaten to take over the world. After an attack occurs in a room that shouldn’t exist, Sam is offered a “s
Natalie Daydream Reader
The Stone Thieves is a traditional childrens’ adventure story with a futuristic twist that I feel will be enjoyed by teenagers and adults alike. There are flavours of Lord of The Rings, The Hunger Games, The Maze Runner, The Night Circus and Harry Potter but make no mistake; this is a unique book in its own right.

The world building really drew me in. It was imaginative and vivid with lots of recognisable ‘real world elements’ which helped me as a reader connect to the story. You can tell the aut
Maria Carolina
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Breath-taking opening act to a sci-fi must-read series!

A month ago, I stumbled across an ad on Instagram about this fiction book on Amazon, and now, after finishing it, I couldn’t be more grateful to that algorithm! It’s not every day that we see such a promising first book to what I think will become one of my favorite fiction series. To me, there’s almost no way to love reading, fiction, and science fiction and not to fall in love with The Fabulous Arrangement of Atoms.
The story is captivatin
Lisa
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a compelling action-packed science fiction adventure with plenty of suspense. I loved reading about all of the characters, from the very likeable Sam and his cohort of friends to the ruthless Ms Keller! The world of The Few is fantastical and fascinating with elements of His Dark Materials and Harry Potter - it introduces a world of pure escapism that will keep readers gripped until the very end. I could see it translating incredibly well from book to screen!
Looking forward to Book 2.
Merle W
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intricate, yet believable - and totally fascinating! The young protagonists spring vividly to life through their realistic dialogue and repartee. Descriptions are word paintings of the highest order, while the attention to detail given by the writer's incredible imagination would make creating a film script a task worth undertaking. Scope for special effects could be amazing. Please continue the series, we need to know what happens next!
Matt
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Been a while since I wrote a review, but this is a cracking read. Squarely aimed at the YA market, The Stone Thieves has some awesome concepts wrapped inside a fantastical adventure/science fiction story that has “movie” written all over it.

The ideas make this stand out from the crowd, and even though this is clearly a “set up” book for more in a series of novels, it still works great as a stand alone story.

Highly recommended.
Jonathan Watts
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Stone Thieves is a meticulously crafted tale full of verve and wonder,that will suck you in and leave you breathless.
This globetrotting,highstakes adventure,
follows a band of young protégés as they struggle to protect the world from dark forces.
I haven't read such an exhilarating book in a very long time.
The only downside is the wait for the next installment!
Nirmit Singhal
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A brand new sci-fi thriller, brilliant writing and a great combination of science and ancient history, I have never read a book in such depth before.
Eagerly waiting for the next books in series, looks very promising.
Jean Herman
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story I can’t wait for the next book! The writer draws the reader in from the start, it’s a book that’s difficult to put down.
It’s well written with amazing detail - immensely enjoyable ! I highly recommend it.
Pip Herman
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely awesome book! Kept me intrigued the entire time! Stayed up far to late for finish it!! Can not wait to see where we go next with our new friends!!
Rachel Kay
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An intriguing and well-written fantasy adventure that had me hooked from the start. I really wanted to keep on reading to find out what happens next. Fabulous!
Gin Barnard
This Book is Brilliant. I am awed by your imagination and sheer knowledge, passion and insight into Science, Creativity and Fantasy. Beautifully written. A truly excellent Book, that will definitely captivate readers worldwide! Loved the fact that all 3 of my girls, 13 to 17 will all enjoy your writing, and with the full assurance that this book, is 100 % child rated. No worries of foul language, or dodge 'scenes', and yet, the vocabulary and detailed descriptions, will challenge even adult read ...more
Sai Sumanth
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!

A page turner. This book very well suited for you if you are into science and gadgets.

"Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should do it"
Alison Hamer
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well had me hooked from the beginning, the getting together of the characters and how they all worked together using their different skills, ‘the adventures’, and the way the plots took their twists and turns. Anyone from age 10 (competent readers)up could read this and enjoy it, and would be looking forward to the follow up too. Totally believable and love the fact it ‘The Few’ kind of looking after the rest of us here on earth!
Douglas
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meticulously written and researched. The incredibly wrought storylines and character arcs of this book are effortless to read and impossible to put down. The tale itself is a quantum journey through time and imagination within infinite possibilities on every page. Comparing the Stone Thieves to any other tale would sell it well short, although one might imagine a combination of a supra-competent version of JK Rowling, a dash of Carl Feynmann, sprinkles of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Rudyard Kipli ...more
Jemma Carter
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m just over half way through this book and felt I had to leave a review! A must read for those interested in sci-fi adventure. The story line grips you from the beginning, I can’t put it down!!
Shay
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was actually really good. When I read the synopsis I was little put off but I was thinking about reading a Sci-Fi and I'll honestly give anything a shot. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I was pleasantly surprised by Mr. Eddy Telviot. I do not think that the synopsis on Goodrrads does this book ANY justice at all. The Stone Thieves is a really great take on sci fi in current society. I was getting Doctor Strange x Matrix vibes once I got to the good part.

The story mostly follows 15 year old Sam Van Sandt but whe
Hendry
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A page-turning imaginative epic sci-fi/fantasy replete with intrigue, insidious and heroic secret societies, gadgets and surprises.
Will delight teens and young adults
Lucy Wilson
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read it now - this is the start of something truly amazing!

I never thought I’d get that “Harry Potter” feeling again and I’m not going to lie, I was skeptical. The cover didn’t grab me and the reviews seemed a little too gushy - some very big names are being thrown around - The Hunger Games, Divergent, The Maze Runner amongst others. All ground-breaking stories that dominated their genre...

But, the comparisons are justified. I was transported into another world and the pages flew by - I genuinel
Paul Warrilow
Oct 08, 2020
Mustafa Raza
Sep 12, 2020

• Layla's Song
  • Sojourner (Song of the Sword, #1)
  • Regretting You
  • Fog City Fraud
  • The Coldest Night (EMP Survival in a Powerless World #22)
  • All About Us
  • The Rage
  • The Aroostine Higgins Series: Box Set 1 (Books 1 and 2) (Aroostine Higgins Thriller Box Set)
  • The Lone Mystery: who is TUM? (The Mystery of the Lone Island Book 1)
  • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
  • Dharmayoddha Kalki: Avatar Of Vishnu (Kalki #1)
  • Satyayoddha Kalki: Eye of Brahma (Kalki #2)
  • Mahayoddha Kalki: Sword of Shiva (Book 3)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
  • Everything I Know About Love
  • Deadbreak
  • The Nowhere Man (Orphan X, #2)
Eddy very nearly became a mad scientist (and we’re probably all still alive because he didn’t). Shelving ambitions in Biochemistry and Genetics for another day, he chose to pursue a career in technology and channelled his penchant for science into the realm of fiction. The first love child of this union is “The Stone Thieves and the Honourable Order of Inventors” and will form part of “The Fabulou ...more

News & Interviews

“The impossible is, in most cases, possible. Things you never thought exist, do. Accept that and you’re halfway to understanding our world.” 0 likes