Start by marking “The Stone Thieves and the Honourable Order of Inventors (The Fabulous Arrangement of Atoms: Book 1)” as Want to Read:

Escape into a world you never knew existed.

There is a book which has shaped the course of history. For thousands of years, a secret society of inventors have guarded it. From the Greeks and Persians to mighty Hannibal and the formidable Caesars of Rome. Viking raiders. Crusaders. Even Genghis Khan and the Conquistadors sought it. Yet none have come close to finding
Published February 18th 2020

Be the first to ask a question about The Stone Thieves and the Honourable Order of Inventors

Start your review of The Stone Thieves and the Honourable Order of Inventors (The Fabulous Arrangement of Atoms: Book 1)
Kate
Mar 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book follows four teenagers as they take part in a summer ‘apprenticeship’ for The Few - a secret society designed to protect the world from it’s worst inventions.

It gripped me from the very beginning - the idea of the book, that all of these amazing inventions are hidden from us, felt like something that could be (and probably is) happening in the real world and that really interested me!

The story and characters are so easy to become invested in and the writing is so fun to read that u co
Bedside Book Review
What an adventure for four hapless teenagers who have been enrolled into a summer apprenticeship like no other. They learn of The Few and their quest to guard ‘a book’ against the evils of Harbinger Robotics. As the four learn secrets, martial arts, how to weld weapons and face the dangers lurking in jungles they become friends and a force to be reckoned with.
Eddy has written a brilliantly compelling story with countless twists and turns, enjoyable characters and witty banter. I eagerly await t
Cassidee Lanstra
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I found this to be a really cool novel. This YA sci-fi almost gives me some Mark Lawrence feels, it reminded me his Impossible Times series. They aren’t the same at all, but they do feature a band of young adults, a lot of science, and a desire to help the world. I loved that this had a good dose of history in it as well. I’m a sucker for books that weave history or mythology into the story.

There was a natural progression of closeness that our characters felt within each other and through their
Paul Warrilow
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Fabulous Arrangement of Words. Absolutely brilliant.

The overall premise of this book could be happening right now, with maybe a few exceptions. The main characters are great, the supporting characters are also well written. I could not help thinking about this as a film as I read the book. It would make a great family film, in the way Harry Potter did. This may of been aimed at the young adult market but I am 51 and cannot wait for the next book to come out. The world Eddy has created is uniqu
megan
The Stone Thieves is a YA sci-fi novel that combines chemistry with legend to create an interesting and complex novel filled with action, technology and intrigue.

#gifted | I was very kindly sent a copy of this book by Eddy Telviot (@fabatoms) in exchange for an honest review.

The Stone Thieves is the first book in a new sci-fi series that follows four teenagers as they are invited into a group they never knew existed and taught extraordinary secrets. They are offered an opportunity few would refu
Danielle
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I'm not going to lie, when I first started this book, I had my doubts, but it is so amazing and I'm glad I gave it a chance.
So Stone Thieves is written in *mostly* short scenes. In the beginning, it was a little hard to follow and get in to, but as the book goes, it really drives the pace. It also gives you the chance to see things from multiple view points, which Telviot switches through seamlessly. Doing this made the book seem fuller, more details, more characters that I connected with,
S.D. Reed
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! I’m not even sure there are enough superlatives to write a review for this! It is honestly one of the best books I’ve read, not only this year but ever! Eddy effortlessly makes you care for the characters and the world in which they inhabit. I shall leave no spoilers, but I implore you to read it. Your world will be better off for it!

It is written by a phenomenal storyteller and I have absolutely no doubt that it is a name and book we will remember for years to come!
That Book Guy
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great YA novel, think Harry Potter but better.

The story follows 15 year old Sam and friends as they enter an apprenticeship for The Few, part a secret society that seeks to protect humans from themselves. The action jumps from a monastery in the Himalayas to a South American jungle to a circus in NYC. Fast paced, action filled and gadgets/inventions galore.

Great premise, great execution, I loved this book. Cannot wait for the next entry. Fabulous atoms indeed.
Nirmit Singhal
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A brand new sci-fi thriller, brilliant writing and a great combination of science and ancient history, I have never read a book in such depth before.
Eagerly waiting for the next books in series, looks very promising.
Brian Shotton
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really cool world.

Very weird broken 4th wall ad in the middle of the narrative about the crucible that is so jarring I actually grew angry.
E.S.
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book Rating: ★★★★☆ (3.8 / 5 stars)

Forget everything you think you know.

Sam thought his father worked in the boring patent office in London, pushing papers and stamping documents. After his father brings him to work one day, Sam discovers that the patent office is far more than he ever thought. It turns out, his father is one of the Few, aiming to protect humanity from risky inventions that threaten to take over the world. After an attack occurs in a room that shouldn’t exist, Sam is offered a “s
Natalie Daydream Reader
The Stone Thieves is a traditional childrens’ adventure story with a futuristic twist that I feel will be enjoyed by teenagers and adults alike. There are flavours of Lord of The Rings, The Hunger Games, The Maze Runner, The Night Circus and Harry Potter but make no mistake; this is a unique book in its own right.

The world building really drew me in. It was imaginative and vivid with lots of recognisable ‘real world elements’ which helped me as a reader connect to the story. You can tell the aut
Maria Carolina
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Breath-taking opening act to a sci-fi must-read series!

A month ago, I stumbled across an ad on Instagram about this fiction book on Amazon, and now, after finishing it, I couldn’t be more grateful to that algorithm! It’s not every day that we see such a promising first book to what I think will become one of my favorite fiction series. To me, there’s almost no way to love reading, fiction, and science fiction and not to fall in love with The Fabulous Arrangement of Atoms.
The story is captivatin
Kobe
Feb 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

A fun book full of action that I couldn’t put down!

I absolutely loved this book! It was so different to what I’ve read before. The unique inventions and technology were integrated well into the narrative, so it was easy to understand and gave the story an added layer of depth.

The characters were all very well-written, and some of my favourite parts of the book involved the interactions between them. I really loved seeing how the relationship and dynamic in the group evolved as the book p
Matt
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Been a while since I wrote a review, but this is a cracking read. Squarely aimed at the YA market, The Stone Thieves has some awesome concepts wrapped inside a fantastical adventure/science fiction story that has “movie” written all over it.

The ideas make this stand out from the crowd, and even though this is clearly a “set up” book for more in a series of novels, it still works great as a stand alone story.

Highly recommended.
Merle W
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intricate, yet believable - and totally fascinating! The young protagonists spring vividly to life through their realistic dialogue and repartee. Descriptions are word paintings of the highest order, while the attention to detail given by the writer's incredible imagination would make creating a film script a task worth undertaking. Scope for special effects could be amazing. Please continue the series, we need to know what happens next! ...more
Lisa
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a compelling action-packed science fiction adventure with plenty of suspense. I loved reading about all of the characters, from the very likeable Sam and his cohort of friends to the ruthless Ms Keller! The world of The Few is fantastical and fascinating with elements of His Dark Materials and Harry Potter - it introduces a world of pure escapism that will keep readers gripped until the very end. I could see it translating incredibly well from book to screen!
Looking forward to Book 2.
Jonathan Watts
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Stone Thieves is a meticulously crafted tale full of verve and wonder,that will suck you in and leave you breathless.
This globetrotting,highstakes adventure,
follows a band of young protégés as they struggle to protect the world from dark forces.
I haven't read such an exhilarating book in a very long time.
The only downside is the wait for the next installment!
Niranjana Siva
Jun 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous start of an YA series

I really loved this story. All the characters were relatable and the pace of the story was also beautifully written. This is a great escapism from the real world. If you are a fan of harry potter or divergent series, I strongly suggest you read this story. This book gave me similar vibes along with a really strong vocabulary. Splendid book to start a series.
Jean Herman
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story I can’t wait for the next book! The writer draws the reader in from the start, it’s a book that’s difficult to put down.
It’s well written with amazing detail - immensely enjoyable ! I highly recommend it.
Pip Herman
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely awesome book! Kept me intrigued the entire time! Stayed up far to late for finish it!! Can not wait to see where we go next with our new friends!!
Rachel Kay
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An intriguing and well-written fantasy adventure that had me hooked from the start. I really wanted to keep on reading to find out what happens next. Fabulous!
Vicky
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved this so much..can't wait for the next one ...more
Gin Barnard
This Book is Brilliant. I am awed by your imagination and sheer knowledge, passion and insight into Science, Creativity and Fantasy. Beautifully written. A truly excellent Book, that will definitely captivate readers worldwide! Loved the fact that all 3 of my girls, 13 to 17 will all enjoy your writing, and with the full assurance that this book, is 100 % child rated. No worries of foul language, or dodge 'scenes', and yet, the vocabulary and detailed descriptions, will challenge even adult read ...more
Sai Sumanth
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!

A page turner. This book very well suited for you if you are into science and gadgets.

"Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should do it"
Alison Hamer
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well had me hooked from the beginning, the getting together of the characters and how they all worked together using their different skills, ‘the adventures’, and the way the plots took their twists and turns. Anyone from age 10 (competent readers)up could read this and enjoy it, and would be looking forward to the follow up too. Totally believable and love the fact it ‘The Few’ kind of looking after the rest of us here on earth!
Douglas
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meticulously written and researched. The incredibly wrought storylines and character arcs of this book are effortless to read and impossible to put down. The tale itself is a quantum journey through time and imagination within infinite possibilities on every page. Comparing the Stone Thieves to any other tale would sell it well short, although one might imagine a combination of a supra-competent version of JK Rowling, a dash of Carl Feynmann, sprinkles of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Rudyard Kipli ...more
Jemma Carter
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m just over half way through this book and felt I had to leave a review! A must read for those interested in sci-fi adventure. The story line grips you from the beginning, I can’t put it down!!
Shay
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was actually really good. When I read the synopsis I was little put off but I was thinking about reading a Sci-Fi and I'll honestly give anything a shot. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I was pleasantly surprised by Mr. Eddy Telviot. I do not think that the synopsis on Goodrrads does this book ANY justice at all. The Stone Thieves is a really great take on sci fi in current society. I was getting Doctor Strange x Matrix vibes once I got to the good part.

The story mostly follows 15 year old Sam Van Sandt but whe
Dan Bassett
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
There is a book which has shaped the course of history. For thousands of years, people have been sworn to protect it.
As of yet, no one has come close to finding it... until now.
You join Sam, a typical teenager who leads a pretty typical life and with it a father who works a menial job for the patent office, but little does Sam know just what sort of wonders, modifications and dark science dwells within the walls o

• The Girl in His Shadow (Nora Beady #1)
  • Captain Madigan (Tales of the Whiskey Richard Book 1)
  • Regretting You
  • Blind Tiger
  • Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2)
  • Koven Chronicles Books 1-3
  • Astrum Vermis
  • Turtle Bay
  • Night Born (Dagger of the World #1)
  • The Woman They Could Not Silence: One Woman, Her Incredible Fight for Freedom, and the Men Who Tried to Make Her Disappear
  • The Cursed Princess (Kyra Baxter, #1)
  • Shifter Origins II (Series-Starter Shifter Variety Packs Book 2)
  • Pandora's Jar: Women in the Greek Myths
  • Target Viper
  • USS Hamilton: Ironhold Station
  • The Immortals (Lila Stone #1)
  • A Dead Red Alibi (A Dead Red, #4)
  • The Phoenix Quest (Isle of the Phoenix #1)
Encumbered with a very common name, David writes as Eddy Telviot, which is an anagram of his children's names. They love it!

David very nearly became a mad scientist (and we're probably all still alive because he didn't).

Shelving ambitions in Biochemistry and Genetics for another day, he chose to pursue a career in technology and channelled his penchant for science into the realm of fiction.

The fir

News & Interviews

It’s hard to believe the year 2022 is already coming to an end. That went fast, didn’t it? Still, there’s just enough time to wedge in a...
“The impossible is, in most cases, possible. Things you never thought exist, do. Accept that and you’re halfway to understanding our world.” 0 likes