Start by marking “Blood Work” as Want to Read:
Blood Work

Blood Work

Dying's easy. Lying's hard.
Cam never wanted to come to Oxford. He's only here because he followed Ed, the man he loves, but Ed's more interested in his experiments than he is in Cam.
It looks like it's going to be a boring few years, until Cam stumbles into a crime scene and unwittingly becomes a key witness. He faces a choice: continue being bored, or go undercover to help
40 pages
Expected publication: August 5th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Blood Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Work

Start your review of Blood Work
Siobhan
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’m a big fan of Josie Jaffrey’s Silverse, and Cam has consistently been my favourite character. Therefore, I was more than happy to jump into this little short story that explains how he came to find himself in Oxford for the Seekers series.

Blood Work shows Cam in all his glory, giving us an insight into his romantic life and his general charms. Not only do we get to see more of Cam, we’re introduced to some of the characters that will play an important role in the Seekers series.

Whether you’re
Mehsi
I received this book from Storyoriginapp/the author in exchange of an honest review.

This was a fantastic novella, Josie Jaffrey really has a way with her words. I loved how despite this being only 40 pages it felt like a full complete story. Recommended!

Review to come July 2021.
Haley Renee The Caffeinated Reader
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: earcs
Ahhh it's a Cam story and I love Cam!

It's also his origin story for joining the Seekers so that was like kudos points on top of kudos points for me.

Jaffrey manages to give us a fully fleshed out tale in so few pages and it impressed me, not to mention she included a nice little mystery in it as well.

It was great to see Cam on his own and to watch our resident puppy vampire find his own path to take as he initially followed his lover, and ended up becoming a Seeker!

Kelly-Marie Pollock
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this!
It was great reading about Ed and Cam's relationship in more detail and finding out how Cam joined the Seekers.
Whilst it wasn't particularly info heavy it did well to join the dots and fill in any blanks that may have arisen from May Day, book 1 in the new Seekers series.
As always Josie gets to the core of her characters in a flawless fashion.
A well deserved 5 star read, short but sweet .
Spira Virgo
Sep 05, 2020
Maimona masarwi
Oct 05, 2020
Nicola  Mckenna
Oct 12, 2020
M.R. Pin
Oct 17, 2020
I have always written stories, but it wasn't until I started the first book in the Solis Invicti series in 2014 that I really became obsessed with writing. I love to read, particularly where the escapism of the story is enhanced with an element of fantasy or science fiction. For me, writing is simply an extension of that journey, but I get to decide what happens next (though it's amazing how often ...more

News & Interviews