Start by marking “After Felix (Close Proximity, #3)” as Want to Read:
After Felix (Close Proximity, #3)

After Felix

(Close Proximity #3)

Sometimes the best love stories come in two parts.

When Felix met handsome journalist Max Travers, it was lust at first sight. It was just his luck that he then had to develop a terrible case of feelings and got his heart broken. However, two years later, he’s over all of that. His job is going well, he has good friends, and he doesn’t lack for male company. Which, of cours
Published August 2nd 2020 by Lily Morton

To ask other readers questions about After Felix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Felix

Start your review of After Felix (Close Proximity, #3)
☆ Todd
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it

Oh, Felix, Felix, Felix, you are truly one of a kind.

I adored both Felix and Max from the very start, mainly due to Felix's snark and witty comebacks, and Max's love for the sharp-tongued banter, which kept him challenged and entertained.

From Felix and Max's very first banter-filled meeting, I was pretty sold on them as a couple.
“Can I help you?”

“Just listening to your little book club.”

“Did you want to join? There’s an admission price and you’ll have to learn the password and the group theme
Snjez
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance

There’s a lot about this story that I loved. Felix and Max are great as main characters. I adored Felix. I really enjoyed the humor, the snark and the banter between them – it totally worked for me in this one. I loved the London setting, the bookshops and Felix’s boat.

The two parts of the story were done really well. Although there is a time gap between them, the story flows naturally and smoothly. I actually really loved part one. It’s more emotional and I loved seeing how Max and Fe
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

I was hesitant heading in because I don't like stories that include a long separation, but I became so invested in Max and Felix's relationship I couldn't wait to get to the "after" part.

This book is all the good things:

~ age gap
~ snark
~ hot sex
~ Venice
~ boats
~ friends who mean well
~ HEA that will make your face hurt from smiling so hard

I loved Max but didn't blame Felix one bit for walking away when he did. Max's behavior at Ivo and Henry's wedding was deplorable.

Visiting with various
Jan
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, age-gap, lgbtq
It feels so good to splash 4 stars here since this series has been a flop for me.

Felix had that "It" that makes a character stand out from the same 'ol same 'ol.
His personality and life-boat-style were captivating and unique.

And Max? *ahem* *squirms*

Could I have one of those, please?

Oh, well...
Max was swoony, and Felix and I loved his grovel technique. 😏
Feel free to drool over now.
You're welcome.

(view spoiler)

["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>
Cadiva
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I swear, every time I think I've found my favourite couple, Lily Morton writes me another pair that steal my heart.

Now, Caden and Malachi are never going to lose their place at the top because hey, Lily wrote me a rare breeds farmer and so duh! (see Spring Strings ) but Felix and Max are now very firmly ensconced in second place.

I loved how this book took a different narrative style than most of Lily's others, giving us a very definite book of two halves. The first concerns all the build up to w
Leslie

**Now Available**
My actual thoughts as I read this series went like this:

While reading book one: "I love Zeb and Jesse so much. There's no way I'll love the next two books in the series as much."
While reading book two: "OMG Charlie and Misha are amazing. I take that back. This is the best book in the series. There's no way the third one will be as good."
While reading this newest book: "I take it back again. THIS is the best book in the series. Felix and Max are everything!"

It went somethi
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tbr, male-action
4.5 Stars!

I kind of surprise myself evertime I read a Lily Morton and like it as much as I do.

I generally don't enjoy it when the MCs aren't a couple for most of the book. So it's a testiment to her writing.

It's engaging, it's funny. It just works. I couldn't help but love Max and Felix and want to root for them.

Great addition to the series and probably my favorite so far!
M.I.A
I expected Lily Morton's usual snarky banter and a feel-good love story. Which she delivered of course.
I didn't expect to get all the feels. Nor did I expect the hurt in After Felix and the depth of emotions.
Though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised Felix and Max have been circling each other and having painfully tense conversation during the other books in this series.
It was nice to finally get their story and find out what happened.
It was also quite nostalgic seeing characters from Mixed
Vanna
4 Loved-it Stars!! 🤩 😍 This was another lovely story with all the humor and snark that Ms Morton's books are known for..😉 Felix and Max are known to the readers of the Close Proximity Series since they have featured in both of the previous stories. We readers knew that there was some history behind all the sniping and backtalk that they constantly indulged in and we find out exactly what happened in the Before Felix part of the book.
Told only from the perspective of Felix, we see how Max and
Bev
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved it! Lily Morton sure knows how to bring the snark and banter which lightens the angst and she did this pure LM this time.

I've been curious about Max and Felix since first meeting them and loved how this one played out.
The before and after worked a treat, and Max played his "win Felix back" card just right. I loved the build up to the crash in part one, that constant push towards their split and the way Felix handled it? Brilliant.

I also loved seeing Max's growth, his realisation of his
Ariana
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku, lgbtq, made-me-laugh
4,5 stars

A classic Lily Morton.
First class banter, lots of chuckles, oozes of feels and two really lovable guys.
Definitely the best in the series so far!

This is what a second chance romance should look and feel like.
Max and Felix have both had their fair share of men by the time they meet, both living happily in the ‘absolutely no commitment’ zone. So, when they click beyond the physical, neither trusts his feelings, even if it’s blatantly clear they are both falling.
The light-hearted, cute b
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Max and Felix

Overall 4.25 stars

This book has a Before and After.
I give the Before 5 stars. I loved it. It showed the beginning of Felix's and Max's relationship. It was lovely. What was supposed to be simple & fun turned complicated and emotion filled.

I give the After 3.5 stars. This is after the fallout between the two. The fallout that changed Felix. He wasn't the fun guy as in before. He was spiteful and cruel to be honest. I didn't like that side of him. I understand he was hurt but some of
Achim
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5
Have to admit I was a bit wary to start this book because after the first books of this series it seemed like Lily Morton began to rely on her success formula of snark and banter while the story itself became more a framework. It was still good but I wondered if it wouldn't be a nicer idea to read one of her older beloved books before I get disappointed.

It still had such doubts while reading the first pages. Sass and sarcasm thrown left and right loosely tethered by hot but casual sex dates t
Eugenia
Huh.

It’s me. It’s not the book.
It’s the pandemic.
It’s my inability to concentrate.
Yet, these two men—polar opposites—didn’t worm their way into my heart.
I liked them alright, but I wasn’t dying to see their story through to the end.
And that’s as much of a review you’ll get out if me today.

My rec? Read other reviews, because this one ain’t worthy.
haletostilinski
After Felix is absolutely marvelous and I loved it. I couldn't put it down until 4AM, because I just had to finish it.

For about the first 40-ish percent, we get the "before" as if we get to understand and see what really went down between these two, because in the first two books in this series, this has been this tension and the knowledge that Max broke Felix's heart somehow.

Max and Felix met almost three years before the start of the "after Felix" section, and it was at a bookstore, of all pla
Ele
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

Finally! A book that measures up to the awesomness that was Rule Breaker, my favorite book by Morton to date.
Chris
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-contemporary
This was adorable and had me reading this in almost one hit - as only Lily can do. Felix was a ball of emotions, with vulnerability being at the top. From snarky & sassy but extremely protective. He unexpectedly falls for Max who is right for the sass & sex but just not ready for the heart - until he realizes it’s too late. Seems like both men need to get their timing right Loved it
.Lili.
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing

After Felix by Lily Morton is lovely!! It drew me in from their first meeting at the book store to the very ending.

I laughed, I cried, I got frustrated, I swooned. It gave me so many feels; I love when stories can bring forth so many emotions.

Some highlights:

· Dual POVs
· The relationship timeline (you'll see).
· Felix and Max. I love these two to bits.
· STEAM
· Secondary characters. It's so neat to recognize names and start putting things together from other books.
· The end ♥

I have to say t
Lyndy Ann ♫
Aug 24, 2020 rated it liked it
I have enjoyed a lot of Lily Morton's books but I am sad to say I have fallen out of love with her books.

I went into this hoping I would love it but I found myself struggling to remember either Max or Felix, I just about remembered the secondary characters which I have read all their stories.

Too much talking/having sex or in this case shag or shagging (I HATE these terms).

I found Max and Felix boring as well.

This is my opinion ONLY, please read it for yourself. I have struggled with the last fe
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
The author states this can be read as a stand-alone. Ignore that. It can't.

I mean, this is book 3 in a series which should be your first clue. Not to mention you are totally doing yourself a disservice if you are reading this without reading the first two books not to mention the two series that came before it, the Mixed Messages Series and the Finding Home Series. It is a spin-off afterall. Why wouldn't you want it know it all? Answer? You would.

To get the full impact of this story do yourself
Lelyana's Reviews

Sometimes the best love stories come in two parts.

Felix is not a best looking guy in the world, but to Max, he's the most beautiful in his eyes. With all his snarky words, his posh and smart words, that's the things drew Max to Felix the first time he laid his eyes and ears on him.
It was a hookup deal, because Felix was 'easy' (his words not mine). Then Max became addicted to Felix, he stays longer and longer.
Sometimes he forgot about the 'f**k only' deal, and their problems started
Ravenclaw Silverstripe
Aug 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
This could have been great, but I am just so fucking over randoms coming up to Felix and reminding him or informing him of their carnal knowledge of Max. Okay, we get you know the taste of his dick and the feeling of him inside you, but for the love of gay batman, shut the fuck up.

"I just hope you can get over the fact we used to fuck each other and have fun with other people on occasion." says Ivo.

OH REALLY, IVO? Maybe he can get the fuck over it if Max's past fucks would stop shoving it in h
Papie
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored the story of Felix and Max. I’d give it more stars if I could. From the first book of the series, I couldn’t wait to read this story, and I was very disappointed when Charlie’s book came out first. But I have say, this delightful book was well worth the wait.

This had many elements that I normally hate in a story. It’s written in two parts, the past and then the present. I hate that because I am usually too impatient to get to the present. And then once we get to the present,
Amanda
Absolutely amazing. I've been curious about Felix and Max's sour relationship ever since I read about them in the previous book. Told in before and after their breakup, their story gives me so much feel. Max really do deserve the get Felix back and we are just waiting for Felix to finally realized that he is the one Max love. I am thoroughly swooned over by the way Max trying win Felix back. All the grand gesture, the romance and the affection. Oh my. Wish this book is longer! ...more
W.
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lily Morton's books are consistently Rom-Com Tours de Force

And, After Felix is a remarkable example of this author exquisite story telling abilities.

This story made me sad and made me cried. It also made me , hopeful, exhilarated, anxious, delighted and angry . It made me horny AF and laugh with gusto . LOL, my snorts were so loud, they startled my sleeping hubby beside me.

It made me fall , madly , in love with Felix and Max; their second chance at love and their well-deserved HEA.

And for few
Ed Davis
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

I loved all the Close Proximity books. I think this was my favorite. But to be honest I probably say that about every book I read by Lily Morton.

I’ve been reading some books I didn’t love lately so I chose this because I knew it would be a winner for me.

Felix had to grow on me. His sassy mouth and attitude weren’t enduring at first, but soon I loved him as much as Max does. Sweet , sad and happy are are the ways this wonderful book makes me feel. I’m just sorry to see this series end
Sanaa
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars.

I'm surprised but I don't know why. Lily has written some of my favorite books and this one probably tops the list.

I was not expecting this. Damn this was good!
Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers
Wayyyyy too much drama and waaaaayyyy too much OBNOXIOUS snark. I love snark. I love sarcasm and wit and wry humor. But I was not a total fan of Felix. Just irritated me after a while, the things that come out of his mouth. I think he's one of those love him or hate him kind of guys and I'm definitely not in the love camp.

Max. The drama between Max and Felix was way overdone. Drawn out and when I read about them in an earlier book, I disliked them right away (in particular Felix), just didn't GE
Ina
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance, 2020, lgbtq
I already thought that cover of "Charlie Sunshine" was ugly, but this is no better. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
  • The Making of Jonty Bloom (Unfinished Business, #1)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • The Happy List (Better With You, #1)
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Try Me (Extracurricular Activities #2)
  • Spotlight (Famous, #2)
  • Pieces of Us (Missing Pieces, #3)
  • Rooming Together (The Boys of Talbert Hall #1)
  • Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey, #2)
  • Bossy
  • Name From a Hat Trick
  • Just Friends (Never Just Friends, #1)
  • On the Run (Whispering Key #2)
  • Hard Knox (Havenwood #3)
  • Fools (Licking Thicket, #3)
Lily is a bestselling gay romance author.

She lives in sunny England with her husband and two children, all of whom claim that they haven't had a proper conversation with her since she got her Kindle.

She has spent her life with her head full of daydreams, and decided one day to just sit down and start writing about them. In the process she discovered that she actually loved writing because how else

Close Proximity (3 books)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)

News & Interviews

“Tim, there is nowhere in the world that has weather hot enough for those shorts. They’re held together by spit and willpower.” 0 likes
“My heart is obviously a duckling; it imprinted on Max a long while ago and won’t totally let go.” 0 likes