Start by marking “Dark Fairy Tales” as Want to Read:
Dark Fairy Tales

Dark Fairy Tales

In a castle adorned with gems, coated in gold, and dusted with luxury, the youngest of the Constantine Family will be introduced to the elite of New York. But the party isn’t all glamor. Villains lurk in dark corners, evil deals are struck, and starcrossed loves are born.

FAIRY TALES INCLUDED:

The Ugly Duckling by CJ Roberts
Beauty and the Beast by Willow Winters
Cinderella by
Published August 18th 2020 by Dangerous Press (first published August 14th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Fairy Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Fairy Tales

Start your review of Dark Fairy Tales
Cheyenne
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read Danger's First Kiss by Aleatha Romig.

This was such a creative introduction to the Sparrow world. I loved it! I was hooked from the very beginning and now I want more! It adds a fun twist to the fairytale of Cinderella, and Aleatha Romig did an amazing job incorporating the Sparrow world.

I can already tell this collection is going to be amazing! I would highly recommend it and I can’t wait for the rest of these stories!
Chris
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My review is for Danger's First Kiss, Aleatha Romig's contribution to the Dark Fairy Tales collection of novellas. This is a modern day Cinderella tale. Hold onto to your hearts ladies, a few of Ms. Romig's spectacular Alpha-men make an appearance (or two)!. You absolutely DO NOT have to have read any of the Sparrow Webs World books to enjoy Danger's First Kiss, although I highly recommend you do! I LOVE the Sparrow men! Lorna and her brother, Mason, are front and center in this Cinderella story ...more
Melanie Cesa
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Danger’s First Kiss by Aleatha Romig

I loved this!! What a great introduction into how Lorna and Reid meet. I enjoyed seeing how Lorna ends up at the tower and how she becomes the one that takes care of everyone as we’ve seen in this series.

Aleatha sure has a fabulous way of writing and captivating us. This story is short, sweet, and fun and I’m looking forward to getting the rest of the story!
♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️

“You feel good, my little witch.” He drives in again—hard, hard—sending me to my toes. “Fuck. I’ve missed it. Missed this pretty cunt. Missed these green eyes flashing at me, like you can’t decide whether you want to hiss or purr. There’s nothing like fucking you,” he growls as he rams himself inside me once again. “Nothing.”

The Princess and the Pea by Sierra Fucking Simone!

I can NEVER get enough of Sierra's writing! I devoured this short, sexy all-consuming Fairy Tale! The perfect dirty read!
Babel
Book buddies, I have read one of the short stories in this anthology, Midas Touch, by Skye Warren, and wow! :-D

With just a handful of chapters, this master storyteller is capable of magic.

Midas Touch is an allegory of depriving ourselves of what we crave the most. It ends up being the poison we cannot live without. Raoul and Anita meet for the wrong reasons, but lust and longing awaken a storm of true emotions for them.

Luxurious parties, a devious pact, a beautifully crafted night out and an un
❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review
Title: ➳ ❤ Dark Fairy Tales: A Midnight Dynasty Anthology
Beauty and the Beast
Author: ➳ Willow Winters
⭐⭐⭐⭐
Publication: August 18th 2020

A fabulous collection of twisted and delicious fairy tales.
I have only read Beauty and the Beast so far, but trust me I plan on reading the rest of these stories very soon
These are some very sexy & tantalizing remakes of original tales

Can you imagine reading Beauty and the Beast in W Winters twisted imagination, since this is only 6 chapters I wouldn’t go into d
Ally *Wasted Life Books & Romance*
What is not to love about steamy, dark retellings! All of the stories are kindle melters that will leave you one-clicking new books!

My personal favorites have been Skye Warren's King Midas a story I wasn't too familiar with because I wasn't sure how she would spin the touch into gold angle, but it's really good!

Sierra Simone's the Princess and the Pea! Be warned that Princess has characters from the American Queen Trilogy;) In my opinion, it made it even better!!
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
King Midas from Skye Warren
What a delicious treat this was. A bite sized look at what money can and can’t buy. I loved their banter, his hidden kindness and their chemistry was so hot it just about melted my iPad! Loved it 🔥🔥

Jack & the Beanstalk from Marley Valentine
Gah! This was a filthy dirty treat of MM deliciousness. This one had gasp out loud moments & an undercurrent of danger and depravity that I loved!

Princess & the Pea from Sierra Simone
Wow! Gosh I have missed her writing. This was a b
Skye Warren
Aug 17, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Dark Fairy Tales is live on Amazon!
Grab your copy and shout it from the rooftops...

AMAZON KINDLE ❧ https://bit.ly/2Y6uW6r

The other retailers go live at the stroke of midnight...

Google Play: https://bit.ly/2E0fbav

And I have an excerpt from my retelling of KING MIDAS!

It feels like there’s a scarlet letter stitched into my skin.

I have pretty dresses at home. Little black dresses.

None of them t
✰ Liz ✰
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, arc
"...maybe I can make him pay."
description

Rumpelstiltskin by Celia Aaron, featured in the Dark Fairy Tales Collection, delivers a dark and delicious "twisted" tale. With intrigue, passion, and a tale of fate, Lily McDaniel is seeking a way out of the drudges of her daily life. With hopes of a better future for herself and her mom, she has made a deal with a mysterious man. But when she finds herself in a compromised position, will she be delivered to safety or delivered to darkness forever?
"I want yo
Wendy'sThoughts
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Multiple Authors, Romance
5 Oh So Good Stars-Oh, Goodie, It's FREE!!!!
* * * * * Spoiler Free
This was a perfect way to try out many of these authors. When I first came here in 2013, I dipped my toe with darker reads. I was new, learning, and fell for Tiffany Reisz, C. D. Reiss, and a few others. They were my first taste of this darker erotica/romance genre.

Now as a novice,
I read and sampled, finding what connected. I was also reading many other types of romance and my reading became extremely varied...and as readers know
TMR
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Willow Winters' Fans And Romance Lovers
Note: An ARC was given generously in exchange for an honest review.

Another Note: This was a short, 6 chapter story, of Willow Winters, called Beauty and The Beast. It is part of an anthology. I only received the WW short, as part of her team.

My god, where do I start with this steamy and heart strings pulled book?

It was just so wonderful, giving my one hour to this short story. The steam, the dialogues, the defiant characters, all of it was wonderful and awesome to read honestly.

I still can't
Cora Reilly
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I loved writing a story for this amazing anthology! If you love fairy tale retellings you should check it out!
Dark Fairy Tales is live everywhere! Over 600 pages of original dark romance fairy tale retellings! You will find a prince, but you might choose your happily ever after with the beast...

Amazon: https://bit.ly/2Y6uW6r

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
This was purely an impulse buy. I saw tons of people raving about getting ARCs. Then I saw a bunch of promo for it. The fact that it's only available for a limited time made me rush to one-click it! A bunch of quick reads by some of my favorite authors? Yessir!

King Midas by Skye Warren
Dual POV - 1st person
Heat - 4
Rating - 4

The heroine tried to be an escort so that she could support her family and get through school. The hero is a dominant billionaire who doesn't like to be touched. There was act
Abibliophobia-the fear of running out of things to read 🥺
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️✨ 4.25 stars

Definitely the best anthology I have read so far. Each story was good in its own way. I love fairytales retelling so this was really great, but I prefer them not set in modern times. These authors are all amazing and I am so glad that they came together.

I really liked that every story revolved around a single party in New York, very interesting!

Below I will rank each story!

1. King Midas
2. The Swan Princess
3. King Thrushbeard
4. Rumpelstilkskin
5. Little Red Riding Hood
6. Cinde
Willow Winters
Aug 11, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Amazon: https://bit.ly/2Y6uW6r

warhawke
Story Title: Rumpelstiltskin
Author: Celia Aaron
Genre: Dark Romance
Type: Short story from Dark Fairy Tales Anthology
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Lily McDaniel was in trouble. Desperation forced her to take an extreme measure and it worked, but only until the next trouble came in. She must find a way to escape it or risk losing herself in the process.

“Oh, princess.” He strokes the hair away from my brow. “Don’t get any ideas about me being your hero. I didn’t want my prize ruined, that’s
Dora Koutsoukou
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This amazing dark anthology of fairy tales consists of novellas, some shorter and some longer but complete standalone. My only discomfort was the limited ground for further development.

Cinderella / Aleatha Romig - 4 ❤️❤️🖤❤️ 👠 ⚡️👠🌟s❣️(18/08/20)
King Midas / Skye Warren - 4 💛💛🖤💛 🌟s❣️(18/08/20)
Rumpelstiltskin / Celia Aaron - 3 🖤❤️🖤🔥🔥⭐️s (18/08/20)
The Ugly Duckling / CJ Roberts - dnf (18/08/20)
The Princess and the Pea / Sierra Simone - 3,5 ❤️🖤❤️🔥🔥🌟s (08/10/20)
Little Red Riding Hood / Karina Halle -
Momandbooks
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A dark spin on modern fairytale, yes please. I had the privilege of reading Willow Winters version of Beauty and the Beast. Wow oh wow was it hot, hot, hot. I devoured it and can’t wait to read the rest of these dark yet fun fairytales.
Michelle
Popsugar Challenge 2020 - An anthology

Eleven short stories all tied together by the same masked ball.

My highlights:

I really liked Princess and the Pea and how that tackled not only switching but how it feels as a strong independent woman to be a sub and those internal feelings of guilt that you are letting down the sisterhood and overcoming them.

Jack and the Beanstalk is the best male male sex scene ever, the steam factor was through the roof.

Snow White, forever the best hostage scene! Real
Beatrice Masaluñga
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
When you're in a huge mood for dark romance books, this is a perfect treat for you as these authors write novellas based on classic fairy tales. The setting is in an elite birthday party.

King Midas by Skye Warren - ★★★★
> Enticing. Raoul and Anita have a great chemistry. I'm left wanting more of them.

Rumpelstiltskin - Celia Aaron ★★★★★
> That's dark and sinisterly hot! Clark Evergreen is a sexy anti-hero. The scenes are steamy as fuck.

The Princess and the Pea - Sierra Simone ★★★
> Damn. The sexua
CC
4 ★
Rumpelstiltskin by Celia Aaron

Lily McDaniel was desperate to be accepted into posh society and made certain decisions to reach her goal. But when Lily is close to securing financial security, it all collapses until a benefactor steps in to make his claim.

“Don’t get any ideas about me being your hero. I didn’t want my prize ruined, that’s all.”

Told in dual POV, the game of cat and mouse is afoot. The dynamic between Lily and Clark is hot, as both are willing to push limits despite the ris
25 Readings Or More
Aug 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
𝑱𝒂𝒄𝒌 & 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒃𝒚 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒆𝒚 𝑽𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒆
★★★★★★
" 𝒯𝒽ℯ𝓎 𝓈𝒶𝓎 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝓂ℴ𝓈𝓉 𝓂ℯ𝓂ℴ𝓇𝒶𝒷𝓁ℯ 𝓁ℴ𝓋ℯ 𝓈𝓉ℴ𝓇𝒾ℯ𝓈 𝒶𝓇ℯ 𝓉𝒽ℯ ℴ𝓃ℯ𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 ℯ𝓃𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝓇𝒶ℊℯ𝒹𝓎. 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓉 ℯ𝓃𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝒹ℯ𝒶𝓉𝒽".
Six chapters full of darkness, lust, obsession and twisted love....
Six chapters that made me fall in love with Grayson and Kai.
Marley Valentine had me wrapped around her fingers from the first word and now i want more 😭😭😭😭

𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒆𝒂 𝒃𝒚 𝑺𝒊𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒂 𝑺𝒊𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒆
★★★★★
I LOVED IT!!!
The author was able, in just four chapter, to make me feel Morgan's inner struggl
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Danger’s First Kiss by Aleatha Romig

This is the beginning of Reid and Lorna’s story from the Sparrow Web World. I love that it starts with a stolen kiss. We also get the background of Lorna and Mason who are siblings.

In all, this was a great start to the Dangerous Web trilogy. I also loved that some of my favorite characters from Aleatha’s other books made appearances.

I am definitely excited for Reid and Lorna’s complete happily ever after story.

Princess and The Pea by Sierra Simone

Simone Sier
Jen
*** 3.5 Stars!!!***

It has been awhile since I’ve read an anthology, and this one was definitely a delicious dark treat! It included a wide variety of dark fairy tales from some very well known and loved authors! If you are a reader who likes your boundaries pushed, then this is for you! There are stories that have m/m; f/f; and then m/f. I enjoyed it because I got a taste of everything!!!

I loved some stories, and others were just so so for me.. I felt that a 3.5 stars was a fair rating as a whol
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
PRINCESS AND THE PEA BY SIERRA SIMONE

I’m convinced Sierra Simone is a witch I’m under her spell. This story. This world! Gah! I simply cannot get enough. I don’t very many authors who can tell a fully developed and expertly written story and so few words, yet Sierra has.

Fans of the New Camelot Trilogy will squeal with glee for this sexy little nugget of yum! I sure did!
Lorne is perfection! Morgan, though flawed, is amazing. And the two of them together - explosive!!

Here’s what you need to know
_All.Things.Steamy (V. Simran)
💫MIDNIGHT DYNASTY💫

The moment I saw the beautiful cover, I was mesmerised. The second I saw the list of these amazing and my favourite authors, I knew I was going to read it no matter what. Finally I took the plunge and what a terrific start it is.

The world is midnight dynasty where only the powerful and ruthless people survive and thrive. It’s the Constantine family’s extravagant ball for the celebration of their sixteen year daughter and guess what....we all are invited.

KING MIDAS

4 “Our
Melanie (mells_view)
I didn’t read enough of the stories to rate it. I will say that some simple editing could have been used for the one I did read. It’s not like it was expensive for me to buy, but it’s sort of annoying when in just a few chapters the continuity is practically non-existent. Things that would have been caught by a second read. But ohhhh welllllll.
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
• King Midas by Skye Warren - 4.5 ⭐️

“Now that the woman is in front of me, nervousness and anticipation written across her exquisite features, I’m wondering if I made the right call.
Hell.”
- Raoul Midas

“Some people want a love that feels light as a feather.
Our love is twenty-four karat gold. It’s heavy and true. Veins run through us like bedrock. They hold us up through the months and years that follow.
It never really stops hurting. We love too much for that.”
- Anita Washington

• The Princess and
hooked_on_books
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing

image: description

𝑨𝑹𝑪 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒍𝒚 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘.
𝑅𝐴𝑇𝐼𝑁𝐺:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒕 by Willow Winters.
This entire series is a modern-day fairy tale retelling by all those great authors.

I don't know about you all, but i am a Disney girl through and through. I was so excited when i heard about this anthology and i couldn't wait to get my hands on it.
Beauty and the beast has always been my favorite story since i was a little girl, i always loved broken things, and the moment i read it i kn
Romance Retreat: Dark FAIRY TALES 2 28 Sep 02, 2020 06:58PM
Romance Retreat: DARK FAIRY TALES IS AN AMAZON BESTSELLER! 2 14 Aug 18, 2020 05:42AM

• Stories of September
  • You Are My Hope (You Are Mine, #2)
  • You Are My Reason (You Are Mine, #1)
  • You Know I Love You (You Are Mine, #3)
  • You Know I Need You (You Are Mine, #4)
  • Simply Irresistible
  • But I Need You
  • It's Our Secret
  • And I Love You the Most (This Love Hurts, #3)
  • Then You Kissed Me
  • Heartless (Starcrossed Lovers Trilogy, #1)
  • Keep My Heart
  • I Have Lived and I Have Loved
  • Tales of Darkness and Sin
  • Wounded Kiss
  • The Wreckage of Us
  • Faker
CJ Roberts is an independent writer. She favors dark and erotic stories with taboo twists. Her work has been called sexy and disturbing in the same sentence.

Her debut novel, CAPTIVE IN THE DARK, has sold over 150,000 copies and is the first of three books in her bestselling and award winning series DARK DUET.

She was born and raised in Southern California. Following high school, she joined the U.S