Start by marking “Worth It” as Want to Read:
Worth It

Worth It

The price of love could be too high to pay.

Elliott Meyer is a dedicated student . . . and a part-time sex worker. College is expensive, and after his mother’s death left his family struggling, he’s desperate to avoid drowning in debt. Problem is, he just lost his only client. Time to hit the clubs and find a new benefactor before bills start piling up.

Enter Aiden Kent: ric
Published October 5th 2020 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Worth It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth It

Start your review of Worth It
W.
Sep 11, 2020 rated it liked it
If you are looking for something sweet, cute and sexy with medium levels of angst and a healthy dose of melodrama Worth it , is the book for you.

I have mixed feelings about this Pretty Woman (the movie) style book . One , because could not connect with the MC . Two, because it have my number one pet peeve - The Big Misunderstanding - completely unnecessary in most cases, unless is pivotal to the plot and its resolved immediately, that is acceptable . Alas, it was not the case here.

Nevertheless
Stephi
Aug 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Worth it is a fun, sexy romance between two strong characters with a complicated relationship. I enjoyed Elliott's dilemma between his education and his relationship with Aiden, but I felt that the conflict was resolved a little too easily at the end. I love it when things miraculously work out in real life, but I like my characters in books to suffer a bit more. (view spoiler) ...more
W.
Sep 11, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Nevertheless
Joyfully Jay
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: camille
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Worth It is a contemporary story that features a smallish age gap, largish experience gap, and obvious wealth gap between our romantic interests. The age gap serves as sort of a joke most of the time. For example, Elliott teases Aiden about being an old man when Elliott learns Aiden really does want to just sit around and watch movies with someone. But Aiden’s 28 years to Elliott’s 21 sometimes does cause friction. I think this is most clearly shown during the crisi
Liz104
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing, I loved it, it was so hot and filled so many of my kinks, and the relationship between Aiden and Elliott was so sweet, they had great chemistry together. I wished I could keep reading about them, I tried to make the book last but I couldn't stop reading. I'll be looking for more books from Chloe in the future for sure.
Kelsie ♡
Aug 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh
Santy
I found the blurb of this book so "right up my alley"(I usually do with the "rent boy" troupe) that I clicked "request" the moment I saw it on Netgalley. And for the most part, I enjoyed the story.

In my humble opinion, I believe this would've benefitted from us having a glimpse into Aiden's mind/POV. As it was, even by the end, I still did not feel like I knew him well enough.

Also, the character that was Elliot. I liked him, but after the whole "thing"where he came up with the silliest solution
Evie Drae
Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing an advanced copy of this book. I am providing a voluntary review. All thoughts and views are my own.

I'm not sure what I was expecting with this book, yet it still managed to exceed all of my expectations. The writing was smooth as butter and did absolutely nothing to detract from the compelling story, which is a welcome indulgence in my pleasure reads. I sometimes find it hard to turn of my editing brain and just enjoy a story, but this was
Bookwormlipa
I have received an ARC of this book by NetGalley and Riptide Publishing and I am voluntarily leaving an honest review. This book it will be out on October 5.
The synopsis of this book caught my attention because it was different. While reading it I thought: ok how is this going to work? So when I received the book, I was very happy.
I will not lie that I was a little disappointed, for several reasons that could have been more labored. One, Aiden and Elliott's relationship - there was truly little
True Loveislovereview
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, lgbtq
This was a solid story, down to earth, not overly romantic, still intriguing, and captivating it felt all quite natural. When business and feelings entwined it got more and more emotional.

Elliot has his future planned. It will be hard work but he doesn’t need much. Being a student and still want to support his dad financially it’s hard. He had a client who paid him for sex and showing off. He has to find a few new clients.
Aiden, a lawyer and rich, also Elliot’s previous client's cousin, tells hi
Nadia
Aug 14, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this ARC from the publisher and Netgalley for my honest review and opinion. I loved Elliott and Aiden. I thought the romance between them was sweet. There were some funny moments thrown in that I enjoyed. I was invested in what happened for them to the end. I would state that the uncles relationship made me cringe just a tad bit. Otherwise this was a well done book.
Lu
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange of an honest review! Thank you so much, Riptide Publishing, for the chance to read this book!

Elliott is a dedicated student, he loves studying history and he wants to be a professor, one day, but the college is expensive and, after his mother's death, his family is struggling financially, so Elliott decided to be a sex worker to support himself and help his father.
After losing his only client, Elliott starts to hit the club hoping to find someone
CrabbyPatty
The blurb for "Worth It" grabbed my attention and I went into this story thinking of the male version of "Pretty Woman" - a light-hearted fairy tale of the hooker, the charming John, the great clothes and the HEA. However ...

21-year-old Elliott, working his way towards his dream of making the ancient history faculty list before he's 30, is not afraid of work. "His dad - and his mom, when she was alive - had told him to work hard, be his own person, and get what he wanted in life." And the way E
WycEd Reader

Check out our full post for WORTH IT on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Veronica – ☆☆☆☆
Elliott agrees to a contract of sorts with rich, handsome lawyer Aiden but finds that unlike his previous benefactor, Aiden doesn’t want just sex and a date for parties, Aiden wants boyfriend. Aiden wants someone to cuddle on the couch with and watch TV, someone to hang with, and some naked time too. I have to be honest and say I expected this story to have way more sex than it did given
Veronica
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Elliot agrees to a contract of sorts with rich, handsome lawyer Aiden but finds that unlike is previous benefactor, Aiden doesn’t want just sex and a date for parties, Aiden wants boyfriend. Aiden wants someone to cuddle on the couch with and watch tv, someone to hang with and some naked time too. I have to be honest and say I expected this story to have way more sex than it did given that it is the story of a college studen
Lucy
This book has so many of favourite tropes - mutual pining, fake relationship, sex workers in romance (not sure if that is a trope or not)

It’s hardly a surprised then that I enjoyed Worth It, I actually read it in one sitting as I couldn’t stop reading! Elliot is a broke college student who supports himself, and to an extent his dad, so when he started dating an older guy who was willing to pay for his time it seemed like easy money to Elliot.

When that relationship falls apart he needs to find
Veronica of V's Reads
Elliott Meyer is a 21 year old sophomore in college. He goes to school in LA and is determined not to borrow a penny to do it. His father, a police officer, has been in dept up to his eyeballs ever since Elliott's mother died, following a prolonged illness. and the house up-keep is too much for his small-town cop salary to afford. So, Elliott has decided he's going to earn his tuition money as a part-time escort. He had a sugar daddy a few months ago, and older, wealthy lawyer who enjoyed paradi ...more
Shirley Frances
I was looking forward to reading this "rent-a-boyfriend" story after stumbling into this book in NetGalley, so I was pleased to have been approved a copy to review. Unfortunately, I found myself having a love/hate relationship with one of the MCs which ultimately affected my enjoyment of the story.

For whatever reason, I came into this story believing that Elliot was a smart, young man trying to get out of debt while pursuing his studies. I don't know, maybe something got lost in translation (as
Charlotte
This is the first book of Chloe B. Young’s that I have read, and I believe it is a debut novel. It’s a “Pretty Woman” type of story and definitely has the same vibe as the film.

Elliott has been working part-time as a sex trade worker. He’s putting himself through College and attempting to help his father save their family house. He takes a lot of pride in “making his own way” and doesn’t feel as though there’s anything wrong with what he does. After leaving a long-term arrangement with one man…
Agalactiae
Aug 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, m-m
3,25/5

Elliott Meyer est un jeune étudiant de 21 ans. Afin de financer ses études et d'aider son père, il donne des cours, mais en plus de cela, il a un autre travail qu'il cache à son entourage : il se prostitue. Sa précédente histoire avec son ancien « employeur » étant terminée, il est à la recherche d'un nouveau contrat. Il ne s'attendait pas à ce que Aiden Kent, le neveu de son précédent bénéficiaire, lui fasse une proposition.

On voit bien vers où tout cela va mener bien évidemment. Elliott
Shirley
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I admit, Worth It took me a little while to get into. It probably had to do with Elliot’s unconventional choice of professions to get him though college. The more I got to know him though, the more his logic in that choice made sense… kinda.

Elliot was a driven, compassionate man who knew what he wanted and did whatever it would take to get him there. He was determined to help his dad stay afloat and reach his educational/professional goals and come out ahead, not drowning in debt. He ke
A
Oct 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth it follows Elliott who is a sex worker paying his way through college and medical bills. After losing his first and only client, Elliott finds Aiden who is the nephew of Elliott’s first client.

I was intrigued by the synopsis of this book. I wanted to read a story that centered around someone who’s profession lies in sex work without the movie cliches. I wanted a story where the main character wasn’t forced into sex work or felt obligated. For the most part this book had what I was looking
Georgia Fradico
Thank you to Riptide Publishing and Netgalley for provide me an e-book in exchange of an honest review
This book was much fun and cute to read , much more that I expect in a book about a sex worker. Ainden is not a typical Alpha male Dom and I appreciated that very much. Elliott is a very charming and likeble protagonist.
I was a little reluctant after I requested on an impulse because the main theme was something delicate and I was afraid that I wasn't the right person to review it. I can't tell
Kirsten Pullen
Sep 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Books about sex workers are hard--reconciling the demands of an HEA and a romance that feels true with the realities of commercial sex is always tricky.

Young writes an ambitious review with plenty of promise, but didn't nail the execution. Aiden and Elliott want to have it both ways: No strings, transactional sex AND love. Monogamy AND the push-pull dynamic of client and sex worker. (And, I'm really not into daddy kink--don't mean to yuck anyone's yum, and I'm mentioning it but not really taking
Rafael Rodriguez
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable read, even if I struggled a bit to identify and relate with the main character. I'd recommend this to anyone who might be looking for an easy read.
Both Elliott and Aiden are likable characters who build a fast and emotional relationship. Elliott has some reservations about the changes with Aiden. As the story goes on, they both learn how to listen and respect each other.
Aiden was definitely my favourite character. I felt as though he was the more likeable of the two mains.
RACHEL REED
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elliot Meyer is a student and sex worker. When he is drowning in debt and loses his only client, he knows he has to lookout for a new benefactor to help him pay his bills.

Aiden Kent is rich, attractive and also the nephew of Eliot's previous client. When he offers Elliott a friends with benefits deal, he is eager to accept. What could go wrong?

But as boundaries blur, feelings grow and hearts get tangled. They have to decide whether they are on the same page or cut ties forever.

This was a sweet r
Elaine Gray
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Emmett is a college student and works as a rent boy to pay for his college tuition and help his father. He’s recently broke up with is love and didn’t know how he was going to pay for his tuition. He was propositioning by Aiden even though they knew he had ties to his previous lover. Aiden is a lawyer, who works all the time and don’t have time for a relationship. They decided to keep it professional with no emotional ties. Their relationship to something more after they started spending time to ...more
Elaine Gray
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roberta Blablanski
Worth It by Chloe B. Young was a nice, light read for me. I enjoyed the development of Aiden and Elliott's relationship from a business arrangement to a romantic one. Elliott's previous arrangement with Innes added an interesting twist to the story, and I kinda want his backstory too.

Thank you to the publisher for providing an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.
Oct 08, 2020

• Common Goal (Game Changers, #4)
  • Rocking the Boat (CalPac Crew, #1)
  • The Couple Next Door
  • Born for Leaving
  • Better Than People (Garnet Run, #1)
  • The Assistant
  • The Vicar and the Rake (Society of Beasts #1)
  • The Love Study
  • Trade Deadline (Hat Trick, #3)
  • Splash
  • Gay All Year
  • Feinted Love (Crimes of the Heart, #1)
  • Conventionally Yours (True Colors, #1)
  • There Are Things I Can't Tell You