Start by marking “Shadows in the Salon (Sugar Mountain, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shadows in the Salon (Sugar Mountain, #3)

Shadows in the Salon

(Sugar Mountain #3)

A spooky mystery, a promising romance, and a secret society of scheming women…

Michelle owns the Salon, Shear Genius, on Sugar Mountain Main Street, a favorite with the tourists and locals alike. Lately she’s being plagued by eerie and unexplained goings-on. Is it a sign from beyond that she should rethink her life choices?

Matt Hopkins moved to Sugar Mountain after losing
Paperback, 1, 280 pages
Published July 31st 2020 by Augustine Press

To ask other readers questions about Shadows in the Salon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadows in the Salon

Start your review of Shadows in the Salon (Sugar Mountain, #3)
Grady
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘I’m a developer. I came to invest in Sugar Mountain’ – another cozy mystery unfurls!

Author Kirsten Fullmer has worked in the field of engineering, has been a teacher at the college level, was a freelance consultant, and has an affinity for art. Now retired, she has published ten novels including her six part HOMETOWN SERIES, LOVE ON THE LINE, and her SUGAR MOUNTAIN series of which SHADOWS IN THE SALON is Book 3.

One kindred spirit in Kirsten’s romance novels is the presence of strong female char
needra little
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining book

Liked all the characters and the way the story played out. Liked the way each character came to life with their own personality.
Grymm Gevierre
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my 3rd Fullmer book (I read a bit of her Hometown Girl series). Kirsten Fullmer. This particular book is the 3rd in her Sugar Mountain series, and it definitely fits the Fullmer M.O. (strong female leads, romantic, and well-developed characters). I will say that this book is written with a different style…there's a mystery here and even a secret(ish) society. I do feel like I may have missed something not reading the first two, not necessarily in regard to Michelle’s story, but in regard ...more
Lisa Malmquist
May 12, 2022 rated it liked it
Michelle owns a salon on Main St. The town is Sugar Mountain a quaint small town in the mountains.
But she is having all kinds of trouble with weird things happening in her apartment and salon.
Furniture has been moved, lights are not working right, weird writing on the mirror in the bathroom.
She is at first thinking she is getting haunted by ghosts. But then it looks like something else is at work.
Meanwhile, the mayor is up to his typical shady dealings.
Matt Hopkins is a real estate developer tha
Tina Birkett
Jun 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious and mysterious as the ladies work to solve another mystery

The ladies of Sugar Mountain Historical Society embark on another mysterious occurrence as Michelle thinks her apt. is being haunted. Turns out they find the suspect and continue on to celebrate Christmas in the haphazard way they celebrate everything else. Wonder what's next.
Pegboard
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shadows in the Saloon by Kirsten Fullmer is a cross between romance, thriller and comedy. Matt Hopkins is looking for a new project to invest in. While settling into the quiet town of Sugar Mountain, Matt faced with the oddities of a small community. Everyone knows everyone’s business, yet no one observes the threats to Matt and Michelle. The Sugar Mountain Ladies Historical Society steps up to their meddlesome reputation to see if they can uncover the mysterious happenings.

If you have read any
Cally Walker
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The ladies

Hysterical I mean historical society never quit, especially when one of their own is involved. Another nice guy moves to town and finds you don’t just love to a small town, one arrives
Aparna J
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

How absolutely thrilling! I loved the Secret society of Women playing sleauths to Save Michelle from being a victim of a haunting. The best part of the book is about the identity of the culprit and how Michelle discovers him. Superb.
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Not sure what to make of this book. It's #3 in the series, and I admit to not having read the prior two books. Perhaps I would know more about what these people in this town are all about.

Michelle owns her own business, a salon, and appears to be business savvy and a decent stylist. She tells us repeatedly in the story that she 'comes from money'. Been married 3 times already (not sure of her age but definitely not middle aged). She falls in love with a newcomer, right after she meets him, but m
hana
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021
"Nobody messes with my friends and gets away with it."
Shadows in the Saloon by Kirsten Fullmer is a romantic thriller comedy in a cozy setting.
New arrival Matt Hopkins is looking for a new project to invest in the quiet town of Sugar Mountain, Matt faces the oddities of a small community where everyone knows everyone’s business, yet no one sees how one of their own's has to face the harassment alone.
Coconuts
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant book from Kirsten Fullmer, an absolute pro at cozy mysteries. As I said in another review all of the books in this series follow a similar vein but remain so special in their own right. They are wonderfully written and the characters are original and quirky in their own individual ways. The plot always seems to offer something unexpected and I have loved all the series so far.
Bluebird
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I borrowed this book from my sister to read on our less adventurous summer vacation and really liked it. It was actually the perfect book to take on a trip as while the story is exciting, fun and mysterious it's also straight forward and easy to read in one week. I liked the characters and the secret...ish society and I also liked the romance that gave the story a nice little extra. ...more
Rachelle Steward
Light hearted fun!

Wonderfully sweet and charming these characters make you fall in love with them immediately. The small town cheerfully celebrating the holidays with their traditions. Friends who literally run to you to help in a crisis. Everyone has a task in the mission and does it well. These ladies are fierce, so watch out criminals! Romping good fun, all in all.
Cathy Stratman
Jul 23, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am really enjoying the series of Sugar Mountain. The society ladies are funny, witty and smart. The story moves right along with enough twists and turns to keep it interesting. Stella is my favorite society lady - she is a hoot. Looking forward to book 4.
DeLois Tribulato
Great series.

This series, four books, is hard to put down and thoroughly entertaining. I have raced through the first three and can't wait to read another. I also downloaded another of her series. A really good storyteller.
Brenda Parrott
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
.Love the characters

This is my third book I have read with Sugar Mountain as the backdrop. The characters are lovable, eccentric and interesting.
Peggy Ranburger
Aug 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. Keeps you excited till the end..
Brenda Barrett
Oct 06, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the characters
Joanne Bull
Oct 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They’ve done it again!

I want to live in this town with all of its
quirky characters.
I could open a quilt shop.
Or, a craft cottage.
Out of my way. I have packing to do.
Gloria
Oct 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love The Book

This series gets better and better. I really enjoy the stories. Book one was good. Book two was great. Book three is even better.
Donna
Nov 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Fun
Michelle
Nov 12, 2021 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the first two books of this series but this one I skimmed thru half of this book. I hope the last book is better.
Mary Cokenour
Jun 13, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better.
Catarina Águas
Jul 06, 2022 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. Michelle was a fun character, she had her moments but I liked her. Matt was so sweet and loving, so cuteeee
Margaret Stevens
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Michelle the hairdresser/salon owner seems to have a problem, or maybe more than one. She thinks maybe she has a ghost or a spirit warning her not to date Matt, the new man in town. But all the spooky things started a few hours before she first met Matt, so that couldn't be the problem. Could it? But Michelle's friends in the Sugar Mountain Ladies' Historical Society are on the job, trying to get to the bottom of it all and to make sure nothing bad happens to Michelle. And Matt? Even Judy, Miche ...more
Melanie Hallford sullivan
Good story but otherwise trash

This storyline was actually very good but I have to wonder if the author has an editor and test readers. I’m a test reader for a New York Times Best Selling Author and an USA Today Best Selling Author. There were so many grammatical and spelling mistakes in this book that I know I can never read this author again. If you are male the correct spelling of this hair color is blond. If you are female it’s blonde. Y’all is a contraction of you all. Ya’ll isn’t a contract
Susan
Jul 14, 2021 rated it liked it
Book 3 centers on Michelle, the owner of the beauty salon. She is also a member of the ladies 'secret' society. But strange things are happening - flickering lights, falling blinds - and Michelle is convinced that it's a ghost trying to tell her something, and she's scared. When she meets the handsome new guy in town, Matt, she decides it is Matt that she's being warned about, because of her previous bad choices in men. But Matt is a mystery, so the society ladies of course have to solve it. ...more
Evelyn Grabas
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read. Loved the characters. The mystery goes on from the very beginning of the book until the end when you find out who the perpetrator is. I know I couldn't figure it out, but there weren't many, if any, clues.
All in all, a very enjoyable book and one which I heartily recommend to one and all who like a mild, intriguing and mind challenging mystery. No murder, just mystery, which I found refreshing.
I know I will be following this series and hope others will too. Try it, you'll like it.
Suz
Nov 09, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not loving it.

Grammar mistakes irritate me.

Waaay too much description. Sadly, I found myself doing what I always do with a book like this. I skipped to the next to the last chapter to see how it ended.

Premise was cute. If you aren’t a grammar freak, and you like detailed descriptions, it might be just the thing for you.
Katie
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful

This is a mystery blended with romance to bring smiles to the reader. The setting is a small town with characters typical of such who must solve unexplainable events. It is an enjoyable and fun read.

• Murder at the Snowed Inn (Claire Andersen Murder for All Seasons Cozy Mystery Series Book 1)
  • The Ice Twins
  • Sworn to Silence (Kate Burkholder, #1)
  • The Client
  • The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
  • A Gracious Enemy
  • A Killer Cupcake (Beachfront Bakery #1)
  • Honeysuckle Season
  • Betrayal of Faith (Zachary Blake Legal Thriller, #1)
  • The Witching Place: A Fatal Folio (Curious Bookstore Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2)
  • Death by Dark Roast (Charleton House Mysteries, #1)
  • Tooth for Tooth (Talion #2)
  • Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)
  • The Scarlet Pimpernel
  • The Pull of the Stars
  • Falling into Magic (Destiny Falls Mystery & Magic, #1)
  • The Handyman Homicide (Reckless Camper Cozy Mysteries, #1)
Kirsten is a writer with a love of art and design. She worked in the engineering field, taught college, and consulted free lance. Due to health problems, she retired in 2012 to travel with her husband. They live and work full time in a 40' travel trailer with their little dog Bingo. Besides writing romance novels, she enjoys selling art on Etsy and spoiling their four grandchildren.

As a writer, K

Sugar Mountain (4 books)
  • Trouble on Main Street (Sugar Mountain, #1)
  • Where There's Smoke (Sugar Mountain #2)
  • Problems at the Pub (Sugar Mountain, #4)