Start by marking “Trending Topic #Murder” as Want to Read:
Trending Topic #Murder

Trending Topic #Murder

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  11 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Meet 28-year-old celebrity blogger Coco Cline, who has started her own social media consulting company in her hometown of Central Shores, Delaware. Her new clients, Peter and Olivia Chen, are ten days away from the grand opening of their specialty consignment shop when Coco finds their store clerk Stacy dead behind the register.
Published September 8th 2020 by Camel Press

To ask other readers questions about Trending Topic #Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trending Topic #Murder

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Trending Topic #Murder
Cindy McDonald
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Social media guru, Coco Cline, finds herself in a new, uninvited vocation--detective! No worries. She's got the technical skills via her phone and tablet to delve into this cozy murder mystery along with her friends, Jasper and Charlotte, and let's not forget her boyfriend, Hudson. Ms. Burr breaths life into all of her characters, and the seaside town of Central Shores, Delaware. Written to keep you engaged to the very end! 5 STARS!
Lane Stone
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Trending Topic’s Trending Topic #Murder sleuth Coco Cline is confident, chic and cool. The book is fun and I enjoyed spending time with the characters. Coco’s breeziness and style reminded me of the Agatha Raisin in the TV series. I'll definitely be reading the rest of this series.
J.C. Kenney
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With Trending Topic #Murder, Sarah Burr makes a buzz-worthy entrance into the cozy mystery world. Coco Cline is a popular life style blogger and social media influencer. But when a young woman is murdered at the shop one of Coco's clients owns, she adds detective to her list of job qualifications. With the help of Hudson, her hunky boyfriend, who may or may not have a commitment problem, and her friends Jasper and Charlotte, Coco pulls back the curtain on the seemingly peaceful beachfront town o ...more
Carol
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I recently had the pleasure of reading a review copy of this delightful first book in Sarah Burr's new cozy series, The Trending Topic Mysteries.

Sarah does a great job of bringing the seaside town to life and of introducing her engaging, youthful characters. Coco Cline is a wonderful protagonist--likable and smart and timely. I found the details of her job as a social media PR expert to be fascinating and the mystery she solves to be engrossing.

Highly recommended.
Nada Sobhi
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Stacy Lockner was killed with an eighty-thousand-dollar teapot."

Trending Topic #Murder is the first book in the Trending Topic Mysteries by Sarah E. Burr.

I picked up the book for personal reasons like exploring how a digital marketer would handle a business AND be a sleuth. :D So in addition to a great mystery, I got to do some research and see a live example (sort of).

Coco Cline is an entrepreneur, who with several friends sold their app to Facebook and came out with millions of dollars. C
Evan Grant
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First, I’m so excited to see the author give us a story that branches outside the fantasy category where she’s cut her teeth and I’m impressed with her skill in both genres. If you haven’t read her other work, do yourself a favor and check out her author page!

To dig in on this book, it’s really refreshing to read a story written with the tools of social media and internet instead of around them. The link to the reality of today’s internet and idea of constant social media presence with ability t
Rose Kerr
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!
It's the first in a new series and I can't wait to read more.
The main character, Coco Cline, drew me into the story. She's young, smart, funny, and self-confident.
The supporting characters are a delight to meet. Charlotte and Jasper are her partners in crime and Hudson, her hunk of a boyfriend, is a strong supporting character.
The descriptions of the small town, businesses, and the people are well done.
The story is well plotted out with red herrings along the way.

I received a
Angebalina
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wasn’t too sure a quarter of the way in if this is going to be my thing (it was mostly character building) but then it pays off. You get to know the characters and whether or not you guess the murderer, by the end you’re ready for the next one. Someone had commented in another review, and I agree, that using modern technology and platforms makes it more believable. This is a fast read, and assuming there will be more, I think now we know the characters the next will be even more of a page turner ...more
C.A. Rowland
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Trending Topic #Murder is such fun. Coco Cline is popular and a smart protagonist. I love the social media influencer is so timely and provides a new take on a cozy mystery. Coco is smart and uses all the technology we use today as well as her intelligence to follow the clues and identify suspects. The mystery draws you in and I loved all the details of how she uses her expertise.

I enjoyed seeing this fast-paced read develop as I read about Coco’s friends and feel like I know the beach town in
Colleen Shogan
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun debut mystery

I look forward to more social media mysteries with Coco and her gang of friends. The plot moved quickly and I enjoyed a contemporary focus for a cozy.
Nicole Wilson
Vicki
Crystal
Crystal
Sep 22, 2020

• Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man
  • In Five Years
  • ABCs Animals from Africa (Animals of the World Book 1)
  • What Not to Wear to a Graveyard (Resale Boutique #2.5)
  • Murder in the Bayou Boneyard (Cajun Country Mystery #6)
  • Bon Voyage to Murder: A Fiona Quinn Mystery
  • See Her Die (Bree Taggert, #2)
  • Fair Warning (Jack McEvoy #3)
  • Lost and Found
  • Pretty Guilty Women
  • This Secret Thing: A Novel
  • Mystic Falls (Coyote Wells, #1)
  • Shadow Canyon (Coyote Wells, #2)
  • LOTTERY GIRL: part 3 of 6
  • Spirit Lake (Coyote Wells, #3)
  • Fire Mountain (Coyote Wells, #4)
  • Tea & Treachery (Tea by the Sea Mysteries Book 1)
  • Dead Land
Sarah E. Burr lives near New York City. Hailing from the small town of Appleton, Maine, she has been dreaming of being Nancy Drew since she was a little girl.

Her novel HARROWED HEIR is the latest adventure in the Court of Mystery series, featuring her fearless heroine, Duchess Jacqueline Arienta Xavier, first introduced in "The Ducal Detective Mysteries." Sarah is represented by Blue Ridge Literar

News & Interviews