Start by marking “The Book of the Wing (Vesik 15)” as Want to Read:
The Book of the Wing (Vesik 15)

The Book of the Wing

(Vesik #15)

A cryptic map. A lost coin. A threat emerges from the battlefield of the past...

Investigating clues hidden in an ancient mosaic beneath Falias, Foster and Zola are taken east to blood-soaked lands the old necromancer hoped never to return to. What awaits the battle weary warriors in Antietam can only be described as a field of death.

The utukku who guard those sacred ground
Kindle Edition
Published July 28th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Book of the Wing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of the Wing

Start your review of The Book of the Wing (Vesik 15)
Penny
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was excited about Foster’s story (well, to be honest, I’m excited for all their stories!), and I dived right into this one. I am constantly amazed at how well this author just makes you frantically turn pages to see what’s going to happen next. I was drawn into this book immediately, and just like every other book, the author is so good at description, you feel like you are there…even when you don’t want to be at the Denver airport. LOL! This latest is a great addition to the series, and I’m a ...more
Angela
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the Vesik series and I sincerely hope they continue. I love all of these side stories of the characters and their history. Mr Asher could continue to write just about them and some of their battles and have books out the wazoo. This book did not disappoint. Since Foster is one of my favorite characters, having more of him in the story is always fun. He's fiercely loyal and ready to snap (literally) into action if called upon. Getting to know some of his backstory is great but I really wan ...more
Susan
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Book of the Wing is the fifteenth book in the Vesick series. This is part of a continuing storyline and should not be read as a standalone book. There is violence and the use of magic. I love these shorter stories in the Vesick series. It gives us the chance to go indepth with some of the other characters as they try to save Vesick from Nudd. This book does end in a cliffhanger for the next book.
Ellis Pinkerton
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Book of the Wing - By Eric R Asher
Well, let me say this. If you have read any of the Vesik books, this is picking up where The Book of the Sails left off.
The Books of the Dead are classified as novellas, instead of novels. This just means they are shorter.
The Book of the Wing is the seventh Book of the Dead and the 15th Book of Vesik. With that said, you’ll find a new point of view from the original eight (books of Vesik) and the other Books of the Dead.
I want to give details, but I hate spo
Steven
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The _Book of the Wing_ is the next installment of _The Books of the Dead_ and the 15th book in the Vesik series. The efforts to rescue the necromancer, Damian Vesik from his horrible fate proceeds as does the war against the mad fairy king, Gwynn ap Nudd. The fight ranges from the fae city of Fallas to the modern Denver as well as a return to the old battlefield of Antietam. All varieties of creatures natural and otherwise are called to battle as the struggle continues. Even Damian Vesik in his ...more
Lel
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The war continues, with Nudd sending more and more horrific entities
at the human realm. In a truly desperate bid to stop a monster beyond
any of Zola's cohort, Vicky enacts a desperate tactic which could have
a terrible cost.

There are battles and gore aplenty in this instalment of the Books
of the Dead. As always, brilliantly written, descriptions which will
instantly put pictures in your brain as you are lost in the story.

Mr Asher sucks you in with his storytelling, putting you in the middle
of the
Danita Mitchell
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This installment to Eric Asher's "The Books of the Dead" series centers on the Fae known as Foster. Vesik's friends continue their quest to save Damian while battling Nudd's forces at every turn. Foster is one of my favorite secondary characters, after Zola. There is action aplenty, and even the moments of "peace" keep it interesting. I wish Eric would've given us a bit more of Foster's background as the Demon Sword, but I loved every minute of this book. ...more
c. woods
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I will never stop singing the praises of this series!

This is not your run of the mill urban fantasy. These books are on the level with The Dresden Files, The Iron Druid Chronicles, The Eric Carter series, Monster Hunter Inc, The Elric Saga, etc. Eric R. Asher is a badass writer who breathes life into his characters so well, that they become a part of you, leaving you sad when you leave their world & overjoyed when you re-enter their world.

Also, Eric R. Asher writes a lot. So no waiting years b
Kristen Sanderson
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wings, werewolves, and sparkles!

This is one of my favorites of the series so far. So much happens in a short space of time. It's like watching a series of vignettes in The different areas of the storyline. The war is intensifying on multiple fronts but still leaves room for sarcasm and fun, because who doesn't like sparkles? While this was mostly following Foster around, I really enjoyed catching up with several of the others, and especially enjoyed Vicki and Luna's adventure. In this installmen
Amy Bellino
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As with all the Vesik series, the energy starts on the first page and never stops. So many paranormal series are all the same, but with the Vesik series, it is the characters that make me keep reading. Characters everyone can identify with…fae, vampire, the human who is just going with the flow, mermaids, dragons, ghosts and ghost parrots, werewolves, mages, gods…and you will fall in love with them. I always enjoy tagging along with this sarcastic band of misfits while they try to save the world ...more
Kate
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~Things forgotten will always return~ Eric R Asher

I’ve eagerly awaited this latest addition to the Vesik Series and this novella tells the tale of Foster’s involvement in the recovery of the artefacts that are needed to hopefully restore Damian Vesik back to his life and those who miss him dearly, his family and friends who are fighting to not only save his life but to prevent the takeover of the world by the Mad King.
Marilyn Hunt custer
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the next installment of the Books of the Dead. it's also another novella. It's nice they are published more often but the size is frustrating. I'm really getting into the story and then it's done. Maybe it's just me. The Book of the Wing, as the title suggests, is centered on Foster's viewpoint. The story is still moving forward in the fight against Nudd and saving Damian. This is another great book by Eric Asher. ...more
Wendy Schindler
Here is yet another fantastic addition to Eric Asher's 'Books Of The Dead'!
Foster is the central player in this story and he is great! The Vesik gang is still fighting Nudd and are more determined than ever to get Damian back in the fold. It's getting difficult to keep reading and wading through the next horror that Nudd throws at the gang/world world in general. But it's well worth the read!
Kristofer Stachowiak
Book of the Wing is just the latest chapter in my obsession with this world and these characters! Seeing the progression of the war, the battles, and the secret weapon (you'll have to read it to find out, but trust me it's worth it!), I find myself craving every page and not stopping until the book is complete. Another fantastic addition by Eric R. Asher! ...more
Marlena
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dudes, this is some straight up amazing story telling. In this book my guy Foster gets the lead. Along with the help of Zola, Foster continues the search for a way to bring back Damian. With craziness at every turn its hard to get bored with this series. I honestly can not get enough of these books.
Joscelyn Smith
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Foster takes center stage in this installment of the "Books of the Dead" as the quest to save Damien continues. I really enjoy these short additions to the Vesik world as they give more voice to the side characters in the series while also weaving into the main story. A very enjoyable read.

*I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book*
Andrea Laws
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The quest to save Damian Vesik continues

The latest installment of the Books Of The Dead focused more on Fosters journey. The intertwining of the characters points of view is amazing and you can't help but lose yourself in the world building. Writing so good you wonder if it's a prophetic glimpse into a parallel universe. Can't wait for the next one!
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Asher has done it yet again. I say it every time, but I am still blown away by the author's mad world-building skills! In this installment, the reader gets a closer look into Foster's mind where we find he is torn between duty and friendship. It was a thrilling read with Nudd's allies hot on their heels.

I am still waiting with bated breath to see if Damien survives.
Connie Fogg-Bouchard
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
breaking hell lose

oh Eric, what have you wrought? all the creatures of the Burning Lands have been alerted against our intrepid band. the Warded Way has grown more dangerous. and to protect commoners, you bring out the one on whom so many hearts depend. you dance a delicious dance for us readers and i can't wait for the next book!!!!
Gisela Moreno
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really good story telling

I can’t stop reading/following this story. I can’t wait until I see what will really happen to Damian. I’ll really upset if I don’t get to read of him eating chimichangas again. I really love how the story evolves, it gets complicated, then you have your moment of laughter, then a battle .... and a cliffhanger.
Maya Barbery
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Don’t tell Aideen

The have a crush on Foster! He is such a bada$$!!
In this book we get to see him in all his amazingness!

Love the battles and how the build up of the characters has gone so far! We are almost near the end and part of me is super excited and part of me wants more books of the dead!!
Peter
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow I was kept on the edge of my seat through out the entire story. With Zola leading the way with the help of some of the best characters, Foster to name one. The quest to help a beloved friend continued in a fast paced read. I highly recommend the entire series.
Jackie
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Impossible but each book is better than the last. Enough action to keep you absorbed in the story. The main characters have their hands full with the battle they have to deal with. Hoping there’s more.
Ginelle Blanch
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Battle after eye popping battle! Very vivid and visual story telling. This book was pretty surprising although, with the way this series has gone, nothing should come as a surprise any more. Anything can and will happen. Looking forward to the next book!
Alan Boggs
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This is part of the the arc that are The Book of The Dead. This entire series is excellent and this book is no different. This book follows Fostor in his trials together his piece to help Damian.
David Clements
Excellent book but way too short! This is a wonderfully fast paced dash through the efforts to save Damian and the efforts to dam him. definitely an important piece of whole story and worth the read.
Dave
Ronald Manley
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable and excellent story with more info about the characters.
Sandy
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eric R. Asher is back at it again! This time he brings Foster to the front as the main character. He shows the fairy's amazing talents in helping to rescue Damien. Eric also throws in a couple of jaw droppers this time. He shares the secret identity of one character that you might have already guessed! If you haven't, well, it will be a great surprise for you! As for the other one, grab this book to find out!

I received this book as an ARC and am voluntarily giving this review.
Todd
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Foster's time to shine. As with all of Eric's Books of the Dead there's plenty of action and humor, but it's the characters and their love for each other that makes it so amazing ...more
Mike Arthur
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amaze-balls book in the "The Book of the...." run of Vesik series. So much going on . Each of these books centers on a character out of the series, but still progresses the main story.
READ THEM, BINGE THEM, LOVE THEM !

• Savage
  • Trinity (Feathers and Fire, #9)
  • Moonshine (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #11)
  • Dark Glass (Montague & Strong Case Files #11)
  • Walking The Razor (Montague & Strong Case Files #12)
  • Druid Arcane (Colin McCool #11)
  • Blood Rule (Rule of The Council #3)
  • Dragon's Scrape (Badlands Paranormal Police Department #5)
  • Night Hunt (Harbinger P.I. #9)
  • Anghellic (Feathers and Fire #8)
  • I’m Glad You’re Dead (The Preternatural Chronicles, #1)
  • Underground Druid (Colin McCool #4)
  • Forged (Alex Verus, #11)
  • The Ordeal of the Haunted Room (Chronicles of St. Mary's, #11.5)
  • Dragon's Mire (Badlands Paranormal Police Department #4)
  • By Demons Driven (Happenstance and Bron, #3)
  • Blood Ascension (Rule of The Council #1)
  • Carnage (The Temple Chronicles #14)
Eric is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers.

Vesik (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Days Gone Bad (Vesik, #1)
  • Wolves and the River of Stone (Vesik, #2)
  • Winter's Demon (Vesik, #3)
  • This Broken World (Vesik, #4)
  • Destroyer Rising (Vesik, #5)
  • Rattle the Bones (Vesik, #6)
  • Witch Queen's War (Vesik #7)
  • Forgotten Ghosts (Vesik #8)
  • The Book of the Ghost (Vesik #9)
  • The Book of the Claw (Vesik #10)

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...