Start by marking “This Is The Earth” as Want to Read:

Paperback
Published January 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about This Is The Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Is The Earth

Start your review of This Is The Earth
Jypsy
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Iread Book Tours for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

By: Deedee Cummings

REVIEW ☆☆☆☆☆

This Is The Earth is another children's book filled with teachable moments from Deedee Cummings. Additionally, the illustrations of Charlene Mosley grace the pages with vivid colors and bold strokes.

The underlying idea of the story is a wonderful one. Every person has value. Every person deserves respect. Each one of us is ent
Stephanie Ward
This is the Earth combines themes of compassion, kindness and empathy in the gentle, compelling and artistic pages of a very sweet storybook.

In few words and even fewer pictures, This is the Earth highlights important, complex issues in a way that children can grasp. I'm amazed at how much is conveyed through this deceptively simple book. A glance through the (very helpful) supplemental information at the back of the book shows just how many areas could be considered after reading it. From theo
Joy
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the Earth is another really good book from author Deedee Cummings. I love this children’s book because of the lessons it teaches children. It her unique way, this author uses simple words to show kids everywhere that we are all different, be it color, race, physical disabilities, it doesn’t matter because we can all live together in this world peacefully. In these times, I feel it important to teach children of all ages the words of this book.

And again Charlene Mosley has so uniquely cre
Virginia Winfield
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic story for young children to read or have read to them. The illustrations are great. My favorite illustration was if the caterpillar. This shows children working together and compromising. Many adults should learn from this tale also. I received a copy of this book from the ireadbooktours for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will.
BreeAnn (She Just Loves Books)
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
This book is something that we need right now. Not just that our children need it, but that WE as adults also need to read.

This is the Earth is a beautifully written story with a theme of understanding and accepting everyone. You can’t get better than that!

I really loved the way the author chose to share this content. The story flows from place to place and person to person so well. My kids enjoyed reading this story with me, and they adored the illustrations. We spent a lot of time discussing t
Rajiv
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing

[Blog]::[Youtube]::[Twitter]::[Instagram]::[Pinterest]::[Bloglovin]

I loved this book so much. It’s honestly a book I feel adults should read, more than children.

Firstly, the author did a fantastic job with the story, and I loved its theme. It shows how we all are in this world for a limited time, and we have to adjust and compromise with each other to come to an understanding and middle ground. Each of us is unique, and we will have our own goals and aspirations. However, that doesn’t mean we ne
Angela Thompson
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the Earth Introduces Some Valuable Life Lessons. The author does a beautiful job sharing the concepts of acceptance, diversity, and peaceful living in a simple children's book. With easy to read words and brightly illustrated pages, the author expresses a wealth of emotions and ideas. This is the Earth is another book that presents many life lessons and social skills in a short space. Every time we read the book, we can pick up something new to discuss as the author and the illustrator p ...more
Leila
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have to tell you – Deedee Cummings books may be geared toward children, but they are absolutely books that I think every person should read – regardless of age!

In the two books I have read by her, the message is great to start children with, but are messages that many adults forget as they get older. Especially in times of a pandemic and politics. Both this book and In the Nick of Time need to be broadcast to all people to try and get society back to a “nice” place.

This is the Earth is super s
Amy
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the Earth is a good book for younger readers by Deedee Cummings. It was so cute and sweet that made my own young ones stay captivated from start to finish. I was just as entertained as they were and enjoyed teaching them some valuable lessons that was within the pages of the book. The lessons are some that all readers – young and old – could learn from. Just because we are all different, we all can still live in this beautiful world together in peace. How beautiful is that?

I really enjo
Gina R Mitchell
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I recommend This is the Earth to every citizen on this planet. Although the book is advertised as written for children and middle-grade ages, I can't think of a single person who would not benefit from reading this story.

The messages of love, peace, inclusion, and responsibility shine through every word and illustration. Speaking of which, Charlene Mosley created vibrant, bold, and colorful illustrations for the book.

I sincerely believe if we start young, we can raise a new generation of caring
C.E. Hart
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Wow. What a gentle, compassionate, and effervescent book celebrating our diversities! This is the Earth is simplistically powerful.

What I liked:
This a is highly inclusive and relevant book, promoting compassion, acceptance, appreciation, and peace. Such beautiful messages to instill in our young readers! The rhyming text adds an enjoyable cadence to the narration.

The lively full-page illustrations are adorable. They’re colorful and sweet and do a wonderful job of displaying our diverse cultur
Lisa's Reading
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There isn’t a more important book for our world right now than this simple children’s book. If only the adults in the world could read it and take it to heart….

This book by Deedee Cummings gives a simple message, but it seems like it is so hard for adults to live. The illustrations by Charlene Mosley are wonderful. They capture the imagination of a child’s mind and children will get lost in them.
I received a complimentary copy to review.
The book portrays a beautiful world, filled with gorgeous n
Amy’s Booket List
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don’t typically review a lot of children’s books, but right now, I think it’s really important to teach children about diversity and equality.

I saw This is the Earth and realized it had the message that I want my children to learn. The world is a big place, full of different people, all of whom are beautiful.

This is the Earth is a great children’s book about diversity because it explores so many different cultures, races, and physical abilities. The illustrations perfectly depict the story and
Betty
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I loved this book with its simple language and colorful illustrations. This is the best book I have read for children addressing diversity and acceptance. It “reinforces the fact that every human being is our neighbor, and we are all part of a larger family”.

Each statement in the book can be used as an opportunity to discuss living together with respect, inclusion, and compassion. The illustrations beautifully reinforce the written words and even go beyond the words in some cases. An example: T
Dawn
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I chose to read this book after receiving a free copy. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

This is the Earth is for young children. It is full of vibrant colors and the story shows them that we’re all basically the same no matter where we come from. It encourages us to care for and respect each other and with that comes peace.

The colors will keep the attention of young children and that will encourage them to read this book over and over, which will help the message si
Connie Carpenter
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written and beautifully illustrated children's book. I read this with my 9 and 7 year olds and they enjoyed it very much. There is so much disagreement and hate right now in the world - that this book should be read by everyone. The author has done a great job showing that everyone is different. We may not think alike, act the same or do the same things - and that is OK. It shows that there are difference all through out the world - but it is our job to live peacefully.

I especial
Jasmine
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the Earth is a sweet children's book that teaches kids it's okay to be different, and that even with our differences, we're all the same. We all share the same planet, we're all human, and we all should learn to get along. Give love and peace a chance.
The illustrations are colorful and engaging, and the story is easy to read. Young readers will enjoy the simplicity, and parents will enjoy the message the story offers.
5 stars.
The Pen & Muse
With beautiful illustrations, Cummings shows us that we are all the same and that we're a family. I love the positive message that this book portrays. It's something that I think all children should learn and see that we're all in this together.  That we must learn, respect, and understand each other. For those looking for a positive book to read to children, this is it.  ...more
Gary
liping
is currently reading it
May 29, 2021

• Dragons Don't Dance Ballet
  • Mia and Nattie: One Great Team!
  • Cleo Can Tie A Bow: A Rabbit and Fox Story
  • The Goose on the Roof
  • M.C. Plays Hide and Seek
  • Animals at the Office
  • I Can Handle It (Mindful Mantras, #1)
  • War at the Ice Cream Store: Mustachio Pistachio vs Bully Vanilli (Frank TL Frogg and Friends Book 1)
  • Journey To A New Earth: Penelope Panda and Kobi Koala Discover A New Earth
  • Caroline and Mordecai the Gand
  • Marvellous Macey, The Delightful Days
  • The Adventures of Molly & Ollie: Moving Day (Mom's Choice Award Winner)
  • Zippy's Special Gift
  • Mickey on the Move
  • Abracadabra Whoopsie
  • The Adventures of Forkman:What that Noise?
  • Dear Brave Friend
  • Whenever a Child Is Born
As a therapist, attorney, CEO of Make A Way Media, and award-winning author of fifteen diverse picture books including the Kayla: A Modern-Day Princess 5-book series to be released in 2021. Deedee has always had a passion for making the world a better place.

Her children's books are not only fun for kids and adults to read, but they also work to teach coping skills, reinforce the universal message

News & Interviews

There's something so special about each class of debut YA authors; after all, young adult fiction is all about the hopefulness of new...