Start by marking “Rogue Affair (Cedarwood Beach, #3)” as Want to Read:
Rogue Affair (Cedarwood Beach, #3)

Rogue Affair

(Cedarwood Beach #3)

MrRomantic: I kissed my bully. And I liked it.

Sweet_Peaches: And? How was it?

MrRomantic: It was hot. So hot. But...

Sweet_Peaches: But?

MrRomantic: I think I’m in love with someone else.

Sweet_Peaches: Who?

MrRomantic: I think I’m in love with you.

Sweet_Peaches: But you haven’t even met me. You should give your bully a chance.

MrRomantic: Why?

Sweet_Peaches: Because he has feeli
Published August 16th 2020 by Rhys Writes Romance

To ask other readers questions about Rogue Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue Affair

Start your review of Rogue Affair (Cedarwood Beach, #3)
AL
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well, I did not expect THAT! Not only is the book full of fun and entertaining characters, not only is the plot drawing you in the further you go, but we also get a bully redeemed and a hurt boy being the savior! I loved the emotions between the guys and loved how it wasn’t all roses and sunshine from the get go. The story felt genuine and that’s all you can really ask for. Bring on the next one!
Fernanda Parente
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books of 2020 so far.
Great book, great characters

This is the last book in this series and I'll have to go after to read everything at first

Loved it!

Karolina Cebula
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Rogue Affair" is the third volume in the very interesting and lovable series "Cedarwood Beach" written by Rhys Everly. Well, what can I say about this installment in the series? Let's start with the most basic fact, which is that the novel is simply fantastic. In this story, the author touches on many important and deep problems that perfectly match the theme of love, and thus the one that is, in a way, the axis of the entire book. It is worth noting, however, that "Rogue Affair" is largely a s ...more
Amy Stauffer
So. Many. Things. This book has me feeling so many things, all at once. I don’t even know where to start, but I’m gonna pull myself together and give it a try. I’ve enjoyed this series before reading this addition to it. This book may be the best one yet. I will have THE worst book hangover the day this series ends. RHYS EVERLY! That day IS NOT today, ya hear me? We...I...need more. I’m not ready to say goodbye. I feel like I’ve already moved in with Yaya. This is my family.

Nathan and Hudson ha
Linda
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
A 👬friendship knocked off the rails: can it be righted?

Hudson and Nathan, the one-time good friends separated by bullying and prejudice. Their romance was a good one, enhanced by Hudson's sad family situation and a malevolent wannabe mayor and her son. Good steam but balanced with emotion and an interesting storyline.

Hudson was my favorite of the two leads. Despite his actions that hurt Nathan in high school, he's trying his utmost to build a new life. From his first appearance in the story, Hu
Amber Antus
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love bully redemption stories and this one was really good. While I don't believe in excuses for bullying, like Nathan, I kind of understand why Hudson did what he did, though I don't condone it. I loved the way that the two of them connected to each other even after so long and so much bad history. Hudson's background brought tears to my eyes and of course I loved Nathan's family. I liked that this book takes place at the same time as Kyle and Andy's since it gives the insight of what Nathan ...more
Fran
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Two friends turned into enemies because of bullying brought on by peer pressure. Hudson and Nathan grew up together and were close until Nathan took an ounce of courage and came out in high school. He believed Hudson would still be his friend (though Nathan wanted more) but Hudson stayed with his clique, turned his back on Nathan and has learned to regret his actions. Now Hudson desperately needs brainiac Nathan's help as his tutor so Hudson can leave his homophobic father and make something of ...more
Mrs.V
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Enemies to lovers are not always my favourite trope, but this one was so well written, I read it in one sitting, I just couldn’t put it down!
Also, this in not only an enemies-to-lovers story: it’s a lifelong relationship! Nathan and Hudson are best friends since childhood, thick as thieves, always together. Then Hudson turned his back on Nathan when he came out and became one of his high school bullies. But things aren’t always what they seem and Hudson is not that boy anymore.
Nathan is so conf
Catherine
Shelves: arc-s
Like all the books I’ve read by this author before, Rogue Affair pulled me into the story from the beginning and never let go until the satisfying end. Nathan and Hudson were childhood best friends turned enemies in high school d/t Hudson’s bullying. However, things changed when Hudson needed a tutor to get his GED and Nathan was the tutor offering his services. What started out grudgingly ended up with them becoming friends then lovers. There is some angst they both need to deal with over the p ...more
Vicki
Aug 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Rating : 4.5 stars. At times I was so heart sore on behalf of Hudson. He worked so hard to improve himself, to overcome undeserved obstacles, so he could get out of the life that was leading him nowhere. He’s positivity was tested but he would pick himself up and continue on.
Nathan had no time for Hudson after being bullied in high school but he changed his opinions once he began to see who Hudson was in spite of his circumstances.
The chemistry between these wonderful former best friends was s
Anabela.M.
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book of small town, second chances, old friends turned enemies who reconnected and then became more.

The author gave Hudson and Nathan the time to try healing old wounds, and I appreciate that. For them it wasn't a rush of falling into love, because both had struggles to overcome, deep set fears and pain, anger and hurt ... I mean they had a lot of healing to do first, but they had a real connection neither could dismiss. I cheered when they were finally ready to move forwa
Janet Hunt
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First off, it is not necessary to read the books in order, but it does help somewhat. I really like Kyle, although I thought he was a bit wishy washy at times. Hudson’s story broke me, big ugly tears!! They were childhood best friend until high school, until Hudson started bulling Kyle. Hudson had changed so much since high school, but Kyle could not see it. I loved these characters!! So many steamy times with a lot of emotion. The sexting was a great addition to the story line, really helped to ...more
Audrey Pott
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rhys did an amazing character maturity of Hudson and Nathan, both had so much to learn and progress. At times I cried for Hudson, he had an homophobic dad a real douche., also had a loveable dog in Romeo. This was a roller coaster ride of emotions, I cried and laughed throughout. Nathan and his damned list, I wanted to throw it out. I definitely loved the both of them, so hot together and lots of amazing side characters.

I voluntarily reviewed an arc of this book for my honest opinions of which
Nadja
Shelves: gay-book
Rating: 4,5 stars (thanks for the ARC)

This book has blown my mind, I loved it so much. Rhys is such a good author and let's you feel the emotions of every character.

I'm beyond proud of Nathan and Hudson (Can we three be best friends, please) and how they handled everything thrown their way if together or apart from each other. Both have matured over the years and we're able to put their past behind them to rekindle the friendship.

If you liked the other books of the series, you'll going to love
Tammy Jones
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book got so hot, I'm surprised my Kindle didn't short circuit! These characters were so loveable. Nathan has a heart of gold and just wishes he could find somebody to check all the boxes on his "date list". Hudson just made me want to cry. He's been through so much in the past few years and just wants to move on with his life. When these two cross paths after their troubled past, a series of events occur which lead to redemption, healing, and the possibility of true love. This series c ...more
Autumn Breeze
Sep 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Ehhh.

I didn't not enjoy this book. It was just . . . okay.

It felt like Nate got attached to Sweet Peaches way to fast. They barely had any on page interaction that would lead to an emotional attachment. Nate was just suddenly so in love with him and it was a little left field.

Hudson was a sweetheart even if his negative self image was over done. He had a hard knock life though so it is expected for him to be so down in the dumps.
PortlandAvidReader
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming story about atoning for having been a bully.

A well written story about an ex-bully seeking to right his past wrongs, and finding a wonderful reward. To me Hudson's and Nathan's story is very credible. Hudson seems to have gotten his head on straight (pun intended) before the story starts. It takes Nathan a while to wake up and smell the coffee. The rationale why Hudson behaved as he did in the past is realistic. IMHO, this is the best book in the series so far.
Jacquie Stewart
Redemption arc

It was easy to forgive Hudson for his past when we are given dual pov and can get into his head. He really was just a sweet guy that had been held back by circumstance.
Nathan I didn't actually like for some of it but that's what's so great about these books.
Told at the same time as the events of book 2 and can be read as a standalone but I wouldn't recommend it as the secondary characters are so good
E.Muddle
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a decent former-friend-who-becomes-a-bully-then-lover story. It kept my attention from the start and had good chemistry between the two MCs. As the bully, Hudson, has surprisingly good emotional depth to his character and not only was I was able to sympathise with him, but I found it pretty easy to do so. There is some angst as they both grapple with the past, some incredibly steamy and tender moments, and a solid redemption story that gives Nathan and Hudson their heartfelt HEA.
Lyndsay TC
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nathan and Hudson were definitely my favorite couple of the series. This friends turned enemies turned lovers was heavy on the dislike from Nathan at the beginning but as Nathan saw more of Hudson's life, his feelings changed drastically. Their happily ever after was sweet and much deserved for both men. Absolutely a must read!
Katie Townsend
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rogue affair was such a intriguing journey

I loved every wore of this story one minute my heart broke and the next my heart felt lighter

I was hooked on every word

Sometimes i wanted to shout at my kindle the next i wanted to hug it

I was laughing at times and then the next part i was crying

Rogue affair is about redemption and trust i would highly recommend
Linda
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I liked where the author went with this. Friends since they were 5 enemies by high school. A bit if everything in this, angst, romance, sex. Some moments made you want to kick butt other moments you just wanted to hug them. An ARC for honest opinion.
Lisa Klein
Another amazing book

Rhys does a fabulous job of writing characters that the reader can relate to no matter what. This story has you crying, laughing, and everything in between. You'll be rooting for their HEA the entire time. This is a definite must read!
Stephanie
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing story. I love Nathan and Hudson's story! I just love going of their journey to a happy ending. This so far my favorite of this series. Seeing them from being friends to enemies to lovers just fall in love with this story.
Sharing The Book Love
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hudson and Nathan, bullier and bullee? (Well that's the words in my head)

People change, people grow, i loved this friends to enemies to lovers read and it was good! It was written with tact and was interesting to read the overlap with previous books!
Coral Mitchell
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nathan was bullied by his former best friend and still harbors anger three years later. Hudson made several mistakes in high school and deeply regrets how he treated Nathan, only no one in town will let him forget. Hudson is a great character and you want his life to get better.
MacTíre
Oct 01, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish
Not for me.

Pozor, pozor, tohoto autora už nechci číst. Nástup byl vysloveně nezralý.
dian_puspita
This book has never ending dramas..! And what's wrong with Nathan? How in the world he can fall in love with stranger he chat online meanwhile Hudson already declared his love to him and Nathan keep pushing him away. Tsk tsk tsk
Jamie
rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2020
Bre
Aug 29, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• How to Catch a Bachelor (Chester Falls, #4)
  • Laying Pipe
  • Just Friends (Never Just Friends, #1)
  • Two Men and a Baby (Love & Luck #5)
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
  • The Experiment
  • Sunshine & Shadows
  • Marry Me (Tattoos and Temptation #1)
  • Natural Twenty (Roll for Love, #1)
  • Sawyer (BAR 28 #2)
  • Fix Me (Tattoos and Temptation #2)
  • Try Me (Extracurricular Activities, #2)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Free Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #3)
  • Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
  • The Edge of Heaven
  • Drive Me Crazy (Food Truck Warriors #1)
  • Everything to Lose (Learning the Ropes, #1)

Rhys writes gay romance. He has been writing since the tender age of 11 and hasn't really stopped since.

He publishes urban fantasy and paranormal romance under the pen name Rhys Lawless and contemporary sweet and steamy romances under Rhys Everly.

Rhys currently lives in London, UK with his husband and their 12-year-old puppy.

You can find out more about him and his works-in-progress by joining his

Cedarwood Beach (3 books)
  • Fresh Start (Cedarwood Beach, #1)
  • Wayward Love (Cedarwood Beach, #2)

News & Interviews