Start by marking “The Knockout Rule (Showmen, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Knockout Rule (Showmen, #4)

The Knockout Rule

(Showmen #4)

Siskind’s latest slow-burn romance is stay-up-all-night addictive and proves love hits when you least expect it…

Growing up with an adoring father for a boxing legend isn’t all sunshine and rainbows. It looks more like hospital visits, bloody noses, and cracked ribs.

Isla Slade now works as a physiotherapist, helping athletes heal their bodies. Except for boxers. She has no
Published February 24th 2021 by Kelly Siskind
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about The Knockout Rule, please sign up.
Kelly All the books in this series can be read as complete standalones! They are only loosely linked.

Start your review of The Knockout Rule (Showmen, #4)
Red Reader
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There's only one way to review this...by yelling it from the rooftops about how awesome it is! Aaaaand, letting you read everything I felt during my read in a one-sided conversation.

**Just got to chapter 5 and I have to tell you, I LOVE THIS!!!! Love love love!
**Umm, hello. I need an Eric hug. Stat. I love this part so much! Isla sobs and he just keeps hugging her and kisses her head. I fell in love with him right there! Boom. Dead in love.
**Also, my heart hurts. I hate that they have feelings
Brenda Brown
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Five all-the-feels stars!!
I loved Isla and Eric - both of these characters are so full of passion and heart - and their romance is what happily-ever-afters are made of. The characters are all so well-developed - even Whit, the dog. (I also had to Google whether Ramona Estle was real because her poetry is so poignant and perfect for this story!) Highly highly recommend!
Sentranced Jem
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-2021, 4-5-stars

“Turn the last page. Keep reading. Keep turning. It never ended.”

This is my first book my Kelly Siskind…Considering her book New Orleans Rush is so popular…Shocking, right?

I love a good sports romance and I have a weakness for boxers or MMA fighter romances *swoon*.
I felt like a Meerkat when I found out that this was a sports romance hahaha and after I read the synopsis, I was excited to get my hands on The Knockout Rule.

This slow-burn contemporary romance is heavenly.
Eric and Isla have
Micheline Ryckman
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For me, this book was different from the first three books in this showmen series, but that wasn’t a bad thing at all. This story explored so many themes and topics I hold dear and I love the way Kelly handled them all so beautifully and respectfully, it was heartfelt and downright moving.
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Meh. Don't mind me, I'm in a cynical mood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ...more
Rozberry🍓
3.75-4 stars

As you can see, it wasn’t without its flaws/a 5 star read, but overall I’m actually pretty satisfied with my first KS read, The Knockout Rule.

TKR offers one of the sweetest cinnamon rolls I’ve read in months all wrapped in 6’6 250 lb heavyweight boxer package AND he’s incredibly bright to boot. The man is adorable & so selfless. Eric(hero) is so kind in fact, he finds himself (albeit a bit reluctantly) in a situation as a bit of Cyrano de Bergerac thanks to a friend/his manager - ya
Ilaria 🌸
Sep 24, 2021 rated it liked it
Isla and Brick story…..this new heartwarming funny classic love story nicely written and mostly catching
Isla after a difficult beginning gets bette and more likeable and i finally get in tune with her
Brick agent with his coaching wooing lessons is something else
The third person telling and the too too too much poetry made me struggle
I just reviewed The Knockout Rule by Kelly Siskind. #TheKnockoutRule #NetGalley
[NetGalley URL]
Margo
Mar 22, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Both H and h are really nice people who love their families and who treat each other well. They regularly communicate their feelings, too. This is a sweet read.
PP's Bookshelf
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kelly Siskind once again amazed me with wonderful characters, glorious feels and intriguing storyline in The Knockout Rule. She perfectly captured the tremulous road to finding love and self.

Isla has one rule in her life. No dating or working with a boxer. Beind daughter of one of the most famous boxers and enduring the brutal fights did that to her. But when her sick father asks for her help as physiotherapist and as a cover up for a six weeks trip to Vegas where he will be training the new lig
Rosanna Leo
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kelly Siskind's The Knockout Rule blew me away. This romance ticked all my boxes. It has heat, an intriguing conflict and a memorable love story. Isla and Eric make wonderful main characters. At the start of the book, they believe they are perfectly wrong for each other, but as in any good romance, it becomes clear very soon that they are actually perfect for one another. However, the author has built up such great tension and believable reasons for keeping them apart, and we just fall in love a ...more
Em
I've waffled over the rating for this one and landed on 2.5 stars because the story premise is good. Unfortunately, underdeveloped characters and a goes-nowhere plot sabotage the best bits, and drop the grade down into C-/D+ territory.

The Knockout Rule is told from the dual PoVs of Isla Slade, a physiotherapist raised primarily by her father - a former boxer, and Eric Kramarov (aka "Brick Kramarov"), a a quiet Jewish boy who loves to read and study, but better known by boxing fans as Brick Krama
Tracey
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kelly Siskind is such a unique and special author that if you haven't read her books, you're missing out on some spectacular reading! I have read every book written by this author and I've thoroughly enjoyed each and every book, but there's just something about the characters in the Showmen series that touch my heart. Having said that, I think Isla and Eric are my favorite couple by far. If Eric doesn't make you swoon, you can't be swooned because he is such a kind, sweet and compassionate soul. ...more
Asteroula
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Kelly Siskind is my favorite and I cannot lie! The 4th installment in the showmen series was phenomenal. I loved the characters, all of them. The guys were amazing, smart and funny. The girls were amazing, smart and funny and I'm in love! I'm in love with both Isla and Eric. They are so good together that make you swoon from the first till the last page.
All the side characters are also lovable that I kept thinking, can we maybe have their stories pretty please!!! :)
I have to admit, I've read the
Nena
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was very excited to receive an ARC of The Knockout Rule. I love characters this author creates. They are unusual, original and quirky. Eric is everything that Isla needs and everything that terrifies her. He can’t afford distractions because this one match can make a huge difference for his family. It’s a beautiful slow burn story that warmed my heart. Also Heather needs her own book. She is hilarious.
... Lost  In Bookland...
If you are looking out for a book that will stir your heart and leave you sleepless, then definitely this is a great choice. Emotional and witty, The Knockout Rule will nail you down to the pages from beginning to end...
Isla and Eric story will definitely stay with me for a long while...
The writing is so perfectly balanced, with the right amount of details and all the feels, not to mention seamlessly paced. Both the main and secondary characters are greatly built and likeable.
All in all, a perfe
Clara ✨
Thank you, NetGalley and Xpresso Book Tours for providing an ARC of this book, in exchange for my honest review!

“Isla was okay being a blizzard made of millions of quiet snowflakes.”

In this story we follow Isla, a smart and strong physiotherapist who is the daughter of a famous former boxer. She went through major stress dealing with her father's career, so much so she developed panic attacks. Clearly dating a boxer is off limits for her, until she meets Preston, The Brick. He has a very arrogan
Caryn - iam.caryn
I’ve read a lot of romance novels in my time. It takes genuine talent to make a hug the most intimate and romantic scene I’ve read in a long while, and Siskind pulled that off and then some.

The Knockout Rule felt a smidge different that the other books in this series, but not in any bad way at all. It felt the most REAL, if that makes sense. If anything I felt this story the most deeply. It was amazing.

This series is a favourite of mine and I still can’t pick a favourite out of the four of them
Olívia
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily read and reviewed and advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Thank you so much to Xpresso Book Tours for providing me an arc of this book via Netgalley!
I was so excited when I found out my request for this book was approved, mainly because of the cover and, of course, the description. I expected to like it, but I definitely didn´t expect to love it as much as I did! We're still in January and I'm already sure this is one of my favorite books of 2021.
That
Olívia
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
That
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon / Amazon Worldwide / Nook / Apple Books / Kobo

Isla doesn't date much. She definitely doesn't date boxers. Boxing ruined her father's life, and made her growing years a mass of anxiety and panic attacks. So when she meets her newest client and her father's newest mentee, Eric "Brick" Kramarov, she doesn't give him a very pleasant first impression. But when she finds out he's a brilliant linguist guiding his manager through dates with her? Yeah, talk about a change in opinion. She canno
Yvonne (It's All About Books)

Finished reading: January 26th 2021

"Sometimes control is a hindrance. Chasing it keeps you from experiencing life fully."

*** A copy of this book was kindly provided to me by Netgalley and CD Books in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ***

(view spoiler)
Marie
Kelly Siskind’s Showmen books have quickly become favourites of mine. They feature unique characters, lots of heart and humour, and swoony romances. The Knockout Rule was quite different from the other three books - it was slower paced, more intense, and didn’t feature the quirkiness I’ve come to expect from Kelly’s characters - but it was a beautiful story about life, family, and love, and I know Isla and Eric will stick with me right along with all the other characters from this series.

Isla a
Jessi
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is my favorite in the series so far! I loved the forced proximity trope, the clear timeline, and this version of an athlete romance where the athlete isn't already a superstar and millionaire. It made me appreciate the hard work Eric put into his training and helped me understand his goal to win to be able to support his family and not worry about money anymore.
Isla is witty, focused on taking her career to the next level,and fantastically self-assured. I loved her, and Eric, the se
Patricia Noblet
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Knockout Rule is book 4 in the Showmen series. It's a bit different, i don't know how to explain it but be reassured this novel is as good as the others and Kelly Siskind explores and magnifies another Art.
Poetry, writing, the art of the WORDS, their meanings, their power, their goals...
_"I love how words can build worlds and mean different things to different people."
_"Readers have so much power, as Eric had said. The choice to redefine a passage, depending on the day or mood or person rea
Kristi Davidson
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book! I didn’t want it to end! Made me laugh, cry and get mad at some of the characters! She pulls you into her worlds!
Anna Reads Here
For those who like:
» Sports romances
» Slow burns
» Gruff looking men who are softies
» Soft women who are true badasses
» Boxing!
» Poetry
» Scorching chemistry that sets you Kindle on fire

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ | Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Review:
“She was his knockout rule. His loophole to true happiness.”

Let me start by saying that everything about this book was beautiful. It is officially my favourite Kelly Siskind book, even if I haven’t read all the others. There was just something so poignant and powerful about t
Jeeves Reads Romance
Feb 20, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021-arcs
My thoughts about this are all over the place, honestly. There’s a lot that I really loved about it, especially the ADORABLE hero and the depth of the story. This touches on some difficult subjects, and has a very unique feel. However, it also dragged a LOT in the middle, and the writing style just didn’t work for me at times. I found myself rereading paragraphs and taking breaks from the book, which is not ideal. Storyline-wise, this is a 5-star read for me overall. In terms of enjoyment though ...more
Shannon
New Orleans Rush was my favorite of the Showmen series until The Knockout Rule knocked me off my feet! Oh how I loved this story! There isn't a single thing I'd change about Isla and Eric's book, it was sweet and swoony and heartfelt from start to finish.
I'm not sure how Ms. Siskind was able to make a 6'6" 249lb hunk of man a cinnamon roll, but she sure enough did. I adored Eric, so freaking much. He is everything you could ever want in a man and I'm so sad he's just a fictional character. His
Reads & Reviews
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars.

A few years ago, when I still did the Twitter thing, I “met” an author through another friend. I managed to get an ARC of her newest book, MY PERFECT MISTAKE, and I was hooked. Since then, I’ve read everything that Kelly Siskind writes and it’s the happiest of days when one of her books hits my Kindle.

THE KNOCKOUT RULE is Siskind’s newest book and 4th in her Showmen series. Like all the others in the series, this one is a standalone and, more so, a great addition overall to the wonder
Sindu
Jan 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: contemporary, romance, slow burn, sports romance
Shelves: arcs
The Knockout Rule By Kelly Siskind was a really great book! It follows Isla Sade, the daughter of heavyweight champ, Swinging Graham Slade. Growing up as a boxer's kid scarred Isla, mentally and emotionally. As an adult she avoids boxers like the plague. She decides to become a physiotherapist after growing up as a witness to the toll sports can take on an athlete's body. But, even there she refuses to work with boxers. Until her father begs her to work with his trainee, Brick Kramarov, in the l ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Cover Update 2 13 Dec 05, 2020 11:27AM

• A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
  • The Friend Zone (The Friend Zone, #1)
  • Like a Boss
  • Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers, #1)
  • Grin and Beard It (Winston Brothers, #2)
  • The Stopover (Miles High Club, #1)
  • Famine (The Four Horsemen, #3)
  • Gypsy Blood (All The Pretty Monsters, #1)
  • The Silent Waters (Elements, #3)
  • Torn (All Torn Up, #1)
  • The Heart of Rutherford: Life Lessons Novels 1 - 3
  • Fae (The Prince's Prisoner, #1)
  • Gods and Daemons 4 - 5 (Gods and Daemons #4-5)
  • The Midnight Bargain
  • Tempting the Scoundrel (House of Devon, #3)
  • Chasing Romeo (Soul Mates in Romeo Romance, #1)
  • Just Like in the Movies
See top shelves…
A small-town girl at heart, Kelly moved from the city to enjoy the charm of northern Ontario. When she’s not out hiking with her husband or home devouring books, you can find her, notepad in hand, scribbling down one of the many plot bunnies bouncing around in her head. Her novels have been published internationally.

2015 Golden Heart® Finalist

Where to find me:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Kelly-S

Showmen (4 books)
  • New Orleans Rush (Showmen, #1)
  • Don't Go Stealing My Heart (Showmen, #2)
  • The Beat Match (Showmen, #3)

News & Interviews

Ellen Oh is an award-winning author of middle grade and young adult novels such as Spirit Hunters, The Dragon Egg Princess, and A Thousand...
“Family is like that," he said gently. "They're the most important people in my life, but they also contribute a lot of stress. Unconditional love is amazing” 2 likes
“We see the world the way we want to see it. Warp our views to fir our own agenda” 2 likes