Start by marking “Nice Werewolves Don't Bite Vampires (Half-Moon Hollow #8)” as Want to Read:
Nice Werewolves Don't Bite Vampires (Half-Moon Hollow #8)

Nice Werewolves Don't Bite Vampires

(Half-Moon Hollow #8)

The “enchanting” (Publishers Weekly) Jane Jameson series is back with a new paranormal romantic comedy about werewolf yearning to find her own place world, and the group of admittedly unique vampires who help her find love.

Tylene McClaine, black sheep of the McClaine Half-Moon Hollow werewolf pack, has spent a lifetime blocking out the criticisms of her boisterous pack. Th
Audible Audio, Unabridged
Published September 28th 2020 by Audible Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Nice Werewolves Don't Bite Vampires, please sign up.
Kylie Oberlies I completely agree. The story wasn't very flushed out. The romance was not given the attention it needed and the conflict felt more like an inconvenie…moreI completely agree. The story wasn't very flushed out. The romance was not given the attention it needed and the conflict felt more like an inconvenience.(less)

Start your review of Nice Werewolves Don't Bite Vampires (Half-Moon Hollow #8)
Ian
One of the challenges for an author is maintaining originality as their books accumulate. Molly Harper has been returning to Half Moon Hollow for 10 years and maybe a dozen books and calling a spade a spade she hasn't wandered too far off the well beaten path. It's not really a problem, her books are entertaining light hearted fun and I enjoy them just for that.

I don't love them as much as I did but I still buy them because I know I'm going to get a laugh and have a few hours of escapism.
Thomas
Oct 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, fiction, romance
I’ll call this three-and-a-half stars.

This is a fun return to Half-Moon Hollow. A supernatural romance, a growing sense of family, an annoying bad guy and a truly evil bad guy. Everything we’ve come to expect.

My only quibble is that she might be trying to squeeze too much in too short a book. It maybe should have been longer.

An entertaining confection.

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
I really used to like these stories. Now I feel like these are being written to fulfill a shorter word count. I don’t like insta love and that’s what the last several have been.

In this book in particular, the timing when they exchange I love yous is far too soon and unnecessary. She could have waited until the end. They spent like two minutes on the page together (not counting off page) and they were saying I love you.

I wasn’t fooled by the Cillian either. Overall cute but the insta love left a
Kristine
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? I happen to have a soft spot for Half Moon Hollow and all of the wacky supernaturals that call it home. I've even gotten to the point where I hear Amanda Ronconi narrate and her voice just sounds right for the Hollow. Crazy, isn't it?

So, when I got up this morning and saw that my "pre-order" for the newest Half Moon Hollow book was in my library today, I thought, "Yay! I'm in the mood to laugh!" And, laugh I did.

It's funny how even the characters seem to be maturing to me. (It's
Donna
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice Werewolves Don't Bite Vampires brings us back to Half-Moon Hollow, Jane Jameson, Dick Cheney, and the whole vampire gang. Everyone knows someone like Tylene McClaine, the quiet one the one who just doesn’t fit in with the rest of the crowd. Not in a creepy way, just in they’d rather be anywhere else. Tylene is smart and fighting against family expectations. And when you’re a werewolf those expectations are backed up with tooth and claw. But if Jolene could do it so can Ty. This was a fun ta ...more
Tori
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anytime I get a chance to revisit Dick and Jane I jumped at it. Fans will roar with laughter when the gang gets together to investigate a series of vampire targeted crimes while helping a young werewolf with true love.
Anna Aurora
4 stars
Natalia
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this world!
Kristin
I liked the book. I just felt it ended too soon. Too much wasted time growing up/changing circumstances/my family doesn't understand me/I was not loved even though the rest of the world loves me....sorry. I digress.

Not enough time in the actual relationship. I don't even feel like I know who this music teacher is. I love this author but I'm feeling jipped.
Michelle
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A collection of typos, grammatical and spelling errors, and entirely jumbled sentences. Did you publish the rough draft??? This has the most errors I’ve ever seen in one small book. And given what a shite state editing and proofreading has been in over the last decade...that’s really saying something. Reading this was brutal. I had really been looking forward to it, too. Molly Harper books make me feel happy and relaxed. They’re my escape valve. This is the first time I’ve considered not finishi ...more
Eden
2020 bk 3??: A Worthy entry in the Half-Moon series. In this, Jolene's cousin Tylene is beset by aunties and parents who want her married and with children, afterall, she is pack. As a single, young werewolf who is running her own online company in social media design, Tylene wants her own life and to pick the men who she wants to see, not her aunt's choices. Enter the new music teacher in town - a vampire and an old one at that, but very attractive and the very man for Tylene. It is a struggle ...more
Heather
Was great to catch up with Half-Moon Hollow and all my favorite vampires and werewolves. The story centers around Tylene McClaine (Jolene's cousin) and her struggle to live her own life apart from what her parents and the pack are pushing her to do - including dating a vampire instead of settling down with a nice werewolf boy.

While I liked the book okay, it definitely isn't up to the usual Half-Moon Hollow standards. The character development and romance felt very forced and rushed, and the wri
Malinda
4-4.5 stars

I read this a few weeks ago and forgot to review it but I remember that this was a fun and enjoyable story. It was pretty typical of the stories in this series and I liked it very much. :D

* note - I listened to the audio version of this story and the narrator did a great job.
Jessica Frances
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable entry into this beloved series! While a little short and with an underdeveloped hero, this was still a fun walk through this series and a return of some favourite characters. Definitely recommend, and as usual the audio was stellar and worth the credit/purchase.
Linda Baker
Jan 21, 2021 rated it liked it
I really needed a stress break and Molly Harper always fills the bill. Not the best of the series but some good laughs. Great narration as usual by Amanda Ronconi.
Heather
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's fun to be back in Half Moon Hollow with Molly, Amanda, and the crew. This was similar to previous volumes in terms of characters, plot, etc. I didn't feel much chemistry between Tylene & Alex so the insta-love was a little hard to believe. But enjoyable nonetheless. ...more
Anita
Everything by this author has a friends-that-are-better-than-family vibe, and a focus on light mystery and romance. This one is no exception. A werewolf woman and a vampire music teacher man fall for each other, despite the displeasure of the woman's extended family. And someone is causing problems, including arson, directed at supernaturals, including the music teacher.

Kelly at
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .
REVIEW PROVIDED BY: Kelly
NUMBER OF HEARTS:
Tylene McClaine has always known she isn’t your typical wolf, but she didn’t know just how unusually she really was until she started hanging out with vampires.
Alex Bonfils has lived a very long life and never has found a place to call home. That is until now, but he has to convenience a certain werewolf to take a chance on him.

You know what I love the most about long series? That every-time there is a
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Tylene is the “black sheep” of the McClaine werewolf pack. While her parents want her to fit in, get mated, raise pups, and work for the pack businesses, she broke the mold by going to community college, getting a degree, and starting her own business, which she hides from her family. She only feels herself when she’s with her new vampire friends, including sexy music teacher Alex. When a vandal starts targeting the vampires in town, Tylene worries her family may have found out her secrets and i ...more
Carrie
Dec 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
These books are so wonderful! I could read 100 of these and never tire of the world, the characters, and the zany antics. I'm sure you can step in and start these at any point in the many series or spinoffs but I am loving going through them one by one.

Tylene is a character who exists in this world, is in the pack we've heard bad things about, and has never particularly stuck out. She has unfortunately gotten herself trapped being the dependable and accommodating one. What may have been OK when
Lizbeth
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been binging most of Molly Harper's novels during this month.
It's the type of series that leaves me feeling sad if there isn't more to read asap.
To be honest, I now consider it to be one of my favorite series. It's a feel good series about accepting one's differences and accepting love from a found family. I can see myself reading them or listening to them on a bad day.

Enough gushing and onto this book's actual content. Tylene is having a rough time living with her family. She's a werewolf
Kris
Nov 13, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Would be 4 stars except holy crap where did the editor go??? Extra words, missing words, commas (more than once) hanging out in space, the wrong form of there (it was supposed to be their). I don’t think I managed a chapter without hitting at least one obvious error. It significantly detracted from my enjoyment of an otherwise good story.

I’ve read loads of this author’s books and have never run into so many errors. An error or two throughout the book is absolutely to be expected but this was pr
Ines
Dec 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
If there is a thing werewolves hate more than being hungry is vampires. So when Tylene McClaine realises she is an adult and needs to have her space, falling in love with a music professor that happens to be vampire is not going to help improve her relationship with the rest of the pack. Moreover, when someone starts targeting vampire businesses at the Hollow, Tylene is afraid some members of her family might be the culprits.

I think the story is 3-star OK because the villain was tremendously obv
Jay Paparella
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As Half Moon Hollow books go, it's good.

Good, but not great. Not one of my favorites.
2nd tier.
This is not because of any shortfall with the main character, but I think the male lead is a bit underdeveloped, and the villian isn't much of a threat. Actually, I say that, but I really wanted Tylene to "wolf out" and put the fear of werewolves in him, but that didn't exactly happen.
Also, Tylene doesn't seem to have a "wolfman" or combat form? She seems to be either a wolf or a human (though a supern
Maria Mercedes
May contain spoilers!

No matter where her stories take place or who is in them, I love her stories. She never disappoints me with the sense of humor her characters have. I would definitely say that I identified with Tylene. My Cuban family definitely wanted me to follow every rule and date only approved guys. I rebelled!
And I am much happier for it. In the end my parents may not have been thrilled with choices but they knew I was happy and thats what counts.
So it is with Tylene and Alex. His well
Darcy
Sep 28, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a fun one to read. I loved that we got to see Ty's growing pains, how she wanted her own life but her family held her back and how she found a new sense of belonging with the vampires. It's always fun to see this crazy group of vamps take a new person into their fold, they then to want to wrap them in bubble wrap to keep them safe. Ty really needed this caring, so different from her werewolf family where she never felt like she fit in. The romance with Alex was a bonus. I loved how it w ...more
Christine
Feb 24, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was adorable! Super quick supernatural/contemporary romance. Young werewolf girl meets sultry vampire boy and sparks fly. Not a ton of world building or deep character development was needed and that was refreshing after several 600-800 pages books that I've been getting through. Still the characters were well balanced, funny, relatable even with their supernatural roles and I didn't feel like there were any large gaps missing. I got this on a whim in an audible sale so I didn't know it was ...more
Noelia
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the second time in a row I get disappointed with a Molly Harper book and I am not sure why the books have changed so much. I had to give up this book before anything really interesting happened because I got tired of reading about EVERY small detail in Tylene's life. You want to get to know the main character but you also want to move on with the plot, which in this book is happening painfully slow. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• I Loved You First
  • Hideaway
  • Louisiana Longshot (Miss Fortune Mystery, #1)
  • Circle of the Moon (Soulwood, #4)
  • True Dead (Jane Yellowrock, #14)
  • Flame in the Dark (Soulwood, #3)
  • Dead in the Water (Gemini, #1)
  • Dog with a Bone (Black Dog, #1)
  • Heartless (Crossbreed, #9; Mageriverse, #24)
  • Moody And The Beast (Shadowvale, #4)
  • Sucker Punch (First Fangs Club #3)
  • Immortal Angel (Argeneau, #31)
  • The Undead In My Bed (Dark Ones #10.5; Half-Moon Hollow #2.5; Midnight Liaisons #1.5)
  • Miss Frost Says I Do (Jayne Frost, #7)
  • The Accidental Troll (Accidentally Paranormal Book 19)
  • The Werewolf Dates The Deputy (Nocturne Falls, #12)
  • Bewitched (Betwixt & Between #2)
  • First Place Witch (Beechwood Harbor Magic Mystery #8)
Molly Harper is the author of more than 30 romance titles including the Half-Moon Hollow series and the Mystic Bayou series. She lives in Michigan with her family. For more information, go to www.mollyharper.com. ...more

Half-Moon Hollow (8 books)
  • The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half-Moon Hollow, #1)
  • A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half-Moon Hollow, #2)
  • The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire (Half-Moon Hollow, #3)
  • The Single Undead Moms Club (Half-Moon Hollow, #4)
  • Where the Wild Things Bite (Half-Moon Hollow, #5)
  • Accidental Sire (Half-Moon Hollow, #6)
  • Peace, Blood, and Understanding (Half-Moon Hollow #7)