Start by marking “Blacksad (Blacksad, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blacksad (Blacksad, #1)

Blacksad

(Blacksad #1)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  3,208 Ratings  ·  193 Reviews
Meet John Blacksad, a cat in the shadows. Imagine New York as a city of criminal rats, jazz-playing gorillas and rhino thugs. Enter a mystery where the suspects have tails. Find out why comics' biggest names are wild about one of the freshest graphic novels in years—a 2005 Eisner and Harvey Award nominee. Enter the world of Blacksad.

Natalia Wilford is a famous actress. To

Published September 1st 2005 by ibooks graphic novels (first published November 10th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Blacksad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blacksad

Michael Finocchiaro
Fantastic graphics, original ideas - I loved this beginning of the Blacksad series. I loved all the humanized animals and the dark, romain noir atmosphere. A pure joy to read.
Jokoloyo
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WARNING: in opinion this comic book is not for kids. The genre is noir, regardless the gorgeous arts of animals. The arts absorb some of the violence content of the story and I think it is a great quality of this comic.

One peek and I like it already. The art is really super. I love the puns here and there regarding the animals traits.

I can say more regarding the story. It is a simple noir and a first book from a series, so I guess the story is not so deep.
George K.
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Βαθμολογία: 9/10

Το Μπλάκσαντ ήταν ένα κόμικ που ήθελα πολύ να διαβάσω, αλλά πάντα κάτι άλλο μου τράβαγε την προσοχή και έτσι η ανάγνωση του πήγαινε συνεχώς από αναβολή σε αναβολή. Μέχρι που σήμερα το πήρα απόφαση, έστρωσα τον πισινό μου κάτω, και διάβασα τον πρώτο τόμο. Ήμουν σίγουρος ότι θα μου αρέσει, μιας και είμαι φανατικός των αστυνομικών νουάρ ιστοριών (βλέπε Τσάντλερ, Χάμετ, Μακντόναλντ, Τόμσον, Ελρόι κ.α.), και οι αγαπητοί δημιουργοί του δεν με άφησαν παραπονεμένο. Τουναντίον, το "Κάπου
Artemy
Blacksad is a very well-drawn book with a very boring, predictable and by-the-numbers story, with the only twist being those awful, AWFUL anthropomorphic talking animals as characters. This is something I hate in almost any story, and here I just couldn't get over it as well. I thought I'd read the whole hardcover collection, but after finishing this first chapter I just couldn't force myself to continue reading. So, not my cuppa.
Aleshanee
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ich bin ja noch etwas unerfahren, was Comics betrifft, aber schön langsam finde ich Gefallen daran :)

Dieses Mal ist es ein Krimi im New York der 50er Jahre und erinnert wohl an "film noir". Ich musste erstmal googeln, denn ich konnte mit dem Begriff im ersten Moment nicht viel anfangen. Aber die ganze Aufmachung spiegelt düstere Schauplätze wieder, raue Umgangsformen und eine Jagd nach einem Mörder. Passt für mich also auf jeden Fall in die alten Krimis und Detektivgeschichten, denn John Blacks
Sofia
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it

My first Blacksad on the recommendation of Ije, whom I thank.

I loved the sketches which eliminate the need for words being so full of detail.

Blacksad version of hardboiled noir went down a treat. Going on more more.
description/>

Fitting into slot 10 of Lena's reading challenge. A book with a cat on the cover.
Paul
Feb 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Okay, okay... I'm sold. For a couple of years I've been hearing about how good the Blacksad graphic novels are, but the world is made out of hype and I'm tired of chewing it, so I wasn't biting this time.

Recently, though, I ran across the graphic novels at Periscope Studios, where I work, and since they're hard boiled detective fiction, and that's what I was in the mood for, I brought them home and read them.

And, yeah, they're fantastic.

Juan Diaz Canales hits all the right chords for detectiv
Pauline
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bd
Superbes dessins !
Димитър Цолов
На този комикс албум няма какво да не му харесаш, а гледам, че е оценен по достойнство и от критиката - спечелил е наградите за Нов талант и Най-добра творба в "Салон на комикса" в Барселона през 2001 г. Мрачна детективска история, с ретро привкус, сякаш излязла изпод перото на Чандлър, само че героите са животни, на които сценаристът Диас Карналес и художникът Гуарнидо са придали човешки черти. Хипер яко, ще знаете! Джон Блексед е корав котарак, разследващ убийството на мацурана, с която е имал ...more
Javier Muñoz
Blacksad es un cómic que utiliza animales antropomórficos como personajes en una historia de serie negra, esto sirve para que asociemos características de los animales en los personajes con lo cual podemos adivinar bastantes de sus rasgos de personalidad en la primera viñeta que aparecen. Es un recurso que ya nos suena de otras obras pero que aquí está muy bien conseguido por el soberbio dibujo de Guarnido, que consigue capturar expresiones y sentimientos en las caras de distintos animales a la ...more
Marion
The first time I heard about this was almost 10 years ago when my best friend came back from Spain with the first volume and was head-over-heels for it. We even bought her a framed print of the character (which was really pretty). But back then she was reading them in Spanish, and I don't speak Spanish, so I couldn't borrow her copies to read them.
Time went on, I still heard about the series on a pretty regular basis, but never took the jump to actually go out and buy it.
And then at work, one of
Ryan Mishap
Nov 13, 2010 rated it it was ok
Spaniards obsessed with noir, racial oppression in the United States, and McCarthyism. Weird. Oh, and the characters are all anthropomorphic animals--Blacksad himself being a cat. The stories are okay but they are shallow raking across ground already dug deep.

Every panel, however, could be a painting hanging in a gallery. So much beautiful care wasted on human-shaped animals. Sigh.

This totally got dinged for one of my mystery-crime pet peeves: showing the dead body of a woman (a cat woman in t
Книжни Криле
Преди камара години от Студио Арт Лайн издадоха „Блексед 1: Някъде сред сенките”, който определено е един от най-красивите, най-стойностните и най-непреходни комикси, които някога са виждали печат у нас. Нещо повече, Блексед е един от най-добрите и епични комикси изобщо, в световната комикс история. Не преувеличавам ни най-малко. Прочетете ревюто на "Книжни Криле:

Entre letras y cámaras
"Blacksad nos traslada a la época de los años 50, en plena Nueva York. Allí está el detective que protagoniza esta historia, al cual le han quitado a quien él amaba. Es un detective duro, afligido, el arquetipo de personaje que caracteriza a la novela negra. Además, para darle más énfasis a su personaje, Blacksad es un gato negro".

Para leer la reseña completa haz clic aquí --> http://entreletrasycamaras.blogspot.c...
Galy
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Galy by: Laire
Shelves: read-in-2018
Menos mal que hay más después de este porque es muy interesante y tengo curiosidad de ver dónde lleva la historia.
Willem van den Oever
With police cruisers parked outside along the driveway of a colonial home, a private detective is leaning over the corpse of a young movie starlet. Next to the private eye, the chief of police keeps hammering into him when the detective last saw the young woman and later warns him to keep out of this one. It’s police work. The detective pulls up the collar of his trench coat, tells the chief to go to hell and walks out.
Blacksad’ starts off like any pulp novel from the 1950’s. The dialogue is sn
Philippe Lhoste
Jan 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bd-europ-enne
Un livre déjà réputé, ce qui soulève souvent chez moi un peu de suspicion...
Une BD animalière, un genre que je prise peu, à quelques rares exceptions près (Usagi Yojimbo, les Macherot...).

Et pourtant, cela prend. L'histoire est ultra-classique, un polar dans les règles de l'art, où on n'évite pas les clichés, on les embrasse sans qu'ils soient un carcan. L'intérêt est souvent dans l'intrique et dans la narration, languissante ou palpitante selon les moments. Bien raconté.
Le dessin n'est animalie
Alan
Jul 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I would not have thought anyone could have told an excellent noir story using anthropomorphism, but these creators did it. While a brief tale, we get to join PI Blacksad on an emotional journey that can leave one almost as dejected as the PI himself. There are no winners, and everyone loses something (life, love, idealism, etc.)
reea
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Az érzelmeim mindezek dacára egyértelműek, szerelem volt első látásra, s míg a többiek társasoztak - nagyjából az első tíz percben kiestem -, én átszellemülten olvastam, és csodáltam a kötetet. Képtelen voltam betelni vele, és még most is hasonlóan érzek.

Pablo Bueno
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Impresionante. La historia está genial, pero no puedo por menos que destacar la expresividad del dibujo.
Héloïse
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
J'adore ! Le style, l'univers, l'ambiance, ont est complètement dedans ! Vite la suite !
Lucas Mota
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
O personagem e o universo noir de investigação, com animais, é muito instigante. Dá pra imaginar mil coisas só pelos animais escolhidos pra compor cada cena.
O roteiro possui algumas falhas sérias. Em momentos importantes para a trama, as soluções se mostram mais como um recurso conveniente para o roteirista do que algo que realmente sirva bem à trama.
O grande show aqui está na arte irretocável. Cada quadro é uma atração à parte. As diagramações de página funcionam como uma excelente embrulho par
Tiago
I never really cared for anthropomorphic characters, but I enjoyed this more that I was expecting to. I always had a thing for the noir style, no matter how cliché the stories usually are, I always end up enjoying the atmopshere, and there's really nothing new here storywise, but its a fun quick read, with enjoyable writing and wonderfully illustrated pages, all the characters personalities and their expressions are very well done.
Abián Torres
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dibujo exquisito, embobado con algunas viñetas y composiciones. Historia entretenida, pero tampoco nada del otro mundo: típica historia de detective atormentado de los 80 (si no fuera porque todos los personajes son animales, me hubiese aburrido bastante). De todas formas, la narrativa hace que gane mucho. Habrá que ver cómo sigue.
Nina
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Este cómic llegó a mi como una recomendación y vaya que la agradezco.

Género negro bellamente escrito y concebido, con ilustraciones verdaderamente hermosas. Los personajes son animales antropomórficos pero no es algo que distraiga de la historia, al contrario, pareciese natural.

Es una joya por donde se mire.
Háganse un favor y léanlo.
Luis
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it
La premisa es muy interesante, los personajes a cada cual más pintoresco. En general, es un inicio más que atractivo.
Continuaré la serie para saber más sobre esta obra de Juan Canales.
Justė Valantinaitė
Great characters, beautiful illustrations and witty dialogues and monologues. The plot itself did not leave me speachless but it is definitely an enjoyable book for 2 hour read.
Carol
Muy interesante, entretenido y lleno de acción, intriga y suspense. Perfecto para pasar un buen rato!
Clara
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
The art is five-star worthy, but I give the overall work only three stars for the one dimensional female characters.
  • Ce qui est précieux (Le combat ordinaire, #3)
  • Le Secret du janissaire (De Cape et de Crocs, #1)
  • Le Labyrinthe d'Émeraude (Long John Silver, #3)
  • Coeur de canard (Donjon Zénith,#1)
  • Idées noires : L'intégrale
  • Le Pays Qâ (Thorgal, #10)
  • La Marque du Diable (Le Scorpion, #1)
  • Peter Pan #4 : Mains rouges
  • Le Rige (La Quête de l'oiseau du temps, #3)
  • Là où va l'indien (XIII, #2)
  • Betelgeuse: L'intégrale (Bételgeuse #1-5)
Juan Díaz Canales is a Spanish comics artist and an animated film director, known as the co-creator of Blacksad.

Blacksad (6 books)
  • Arctic-Nation (Blacksad, #2)
  • Âme rouge (Blacksad, #3)
  • L'Enfer, le silence (Blacksad, #4)
  • Amarillo (Blacksad, #5)
  • Blacksad (Blacksad, #1-4)