Start by marking “Hideaway (Hideaway Legacy #1)” as Want to Read:
Hideaway (Hideaway Legacy #1)

Hideaway

(Hideaway Legacy #1)

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  467 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
NO SECRETS ARE SAFE...
Parris Simmons has spent the last ten years hiding. Hiding from her ex-Husband's deadly threats. Hiding from her ex-lover, Martin Cole. Forced to flee West Palm Beach because of another man's evil designs, Parris would never forget her passion-filled nights with Martin...or the precious gift he left her.

...IN THE BRIGHT LIGHT OF LOVE
Now, the hiding
Paperback, 2nd
Published April 1st 2000 by Harlequin (first published May 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Hideaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hideaway

The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Sexy, suspense, intrigue, passion

Parris has been hiding out for years with a big secret. She has now been found and her world is about to change yet again. The complications of this change will not just encompass her but the man she has loved for years and the secret she has worked hard to protect.

Alers gives a beautiful story of lost love and family love and loyalty.
Sophie Sealy
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this book for the billionth time and it is still deserving of its original 5 Stars. This book was my introduction to AA Romance and will forever remain my absolute favorite.
Taida
Wow couldn’t even bring myself to finish this despite reading 95% of this. Parris read like a female MC from 80’s romance. A young Parris falls in love with the billionaire and is dramatically forced to leave him only to be found by him ten years later and coerced to return to her home state of Florida despite her life being in danger, because love? LOL.

The author goes to great lengths so that the hero was the only man the female MC slept with despite the passage of ten years making the charact
Lillie Green
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

This was a well thought out story. It was well written and characters were well developed. This story has several layers that worked well together. It had redemption, career changes, romance, suspense, intrigue, physical attacks , betrayal and undying love.
This story was written with intriguing twist and unexpected turns. Most questions were answered but room was left for additional stories if author wanted to expand.
This is good book. Editing was a little off but not a problem.
Reco
Pierrette
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting Plot but...

Can stay i enjoyed it but mainly because i was intrigued by the hostility amongst the Coles. I really wanted to find out more about Joshua but to be honest i was constantly annoyed with the characters, just had to power through. Hope the next book reveals more about the family and has less annoying characters.
Tammara
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It could of been

I didn't lover it or hate it, I just didn't like it!! Paris was a tad selfish and immature to me, I could not find anything that I liked about her. Martin truly loved her. Even more than their child who was kidnapped (😖) I would not recommended this as a good read.
Clara James
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trust

Excellent read. I enjoyed the storytelling of Martin and Paris love affair. Intriguing how they became a couple. She had trust issues because of her marriage and relationship with Owen, her ex-husband. Interesting Owen was able to remarry have two children and move on with his life.. Really good read, I will seek additional work by Rachelle Alerts.
Rebecca Cecil
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS BOOK. THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ THAT WAS WRITTEN BY AN AFRICAN AMERICAN. NOT SURE WHY I MEAN I DO NOT GO OUT OF MY WAY TO READ ANY CERTAIN RACE BOOK. GUESS IT JUST NEVER HAPPENED.
BUT BACK T THE BOOK -- IT WAS AWESOME. WOW SURPRISES AROUND THE CORNERS AND ALL. KEPT ME READING ON. LOVE THE WAY THIS COUPLE LOVED EACH OTHER THROUGH LOTS OF ADVERSITIES.
yvonne carter
Mar 19, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible

This is my first time reading this author's book. The first part of the book was hilarious. Omg, I couldn't stop laughing. The female Parris was such an A$$. The second part was even worse. First and last time reading another book by this author. Thank God this boring aka horrible story only cost $.99 plus tax. Lmao.
Christine E. Williams
I have been a fan of Ms. Alers for sometime but this was one of the best books I think she has written it had EVERYTHING LOVE, MYSTERY, ADVENTURE, JOY, HAPPINESS, HATE etc. it had it all. The characters were interesting and could be continue on with their own stories (books). Held my INTEREST from beginning to the end.
Elizabeth Rose
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I really enjoyed this book, it was so much more than a love story. I really liked Martin and Parris, even though I felt it took her a little to long to tell what happened. There was a very good mystery within the story as well.
A. Jones
May 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Old school romance. A complete story, instead of a two-month relationship.
Tigger
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
True rating 3.5 stars

This is my second time reading this story

just might have to go back and re-read the entire series
Faridah N.
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I LOVED this book! Alers has created a love story full of complications, passion, and secrets that keep the pages turning. Parris is coming out of hiding, hiding from her ex-husband and her ex-lovers pasts. She's a victim of loving men who have complicated lives. Now she and her daughter return in hopes she and her ex-lover Martin can rekindle their passion and put the past where it belongs. Unfortunitely the secrets she's been hiding are going to come to the surface.

I thought this was a very w
Celeste
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Martin & Parris obstacles

What does one do when fear becomes all consuming and all powerful? What has when ambitions result in unthinkable choices being made that could effect an entire family? This is what is faced with Martin and Parris's relationship. While they had fire and passion it was so much more. As the weight of the Cole name wasn't something either truly realized had binded them so deeply. With the elements of Sammy, M.J. and Joshua the story took on a life of it's own that truly
Bree
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
It was a good read. It started out slow at the beginning, but then it got very interesting. I was so anxious to see who was trying to kill Parris. I was surprised when I found out who was behind the blackmailing. I give this book a 2 thumbs up.
Ashley
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one it started a little slow but once it started it really had my attention. I really enjoyed the twist that was revealed in the last chapter, I never would have guessed it. Overall it was a great read.
Monica
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, it kept my interest from beginning to end, it was indeed a page turner. Parris sort of got on my nerves at times, but it was definitely a very hot romance and I loved the relationship between Parris and Martin, Martin is what I would call the perfect man.
Nicole Samuels
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read

I really enjoyed this book, very well written. This story flowed, there were no dry areas. The leading female drove me crazy, she had no courage at all, which was the only down side to the book. Where are our strong black women!!!!!
Regina Bolden
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book

Love this book

This was the very first book I read by Rochelle Alers. I fell in love with everything she wrote. The hideaway series is wonderful reads!
Alicia
Jan 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story...fanciful, intense, passionate. Very compelling hero and heroine.
Nevvie
Dec 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite author and the this books was on the chain as my kids would say. I love this book tell a read the whole series.
Kim
Oct 27, 2016
Lisa Washington
Jan 31, 2014
  • True Love
  • Tender Secrets (Secrets and Lies, #1)
  • Heart of the Falcon
  • Heart's Secret (Match Made #1)
  • Taming the Wolf (The Wolf Pack #1)
  • Until The End of Time
  • The Edge of Dawn
Rochelle Alers was born in Manhattan, New York, USA, where she raised. She obtained degrees in Sociology and Psychology, before started to work. She is a member of the Iota Theta Zeta Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., and her interests include gourmet cooking and traveling. She has traveled to countries in North, Central and South America, and Europe. She is also in accomplished in knitting ...more

Hideaway Legacy (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Hidden Agenda (Hideaway Legacy #2)
  • Vows (Hideaway Legacy #3)
  • Heaven Sent (Hideaway Legacy #4)
  • Harvest Moon (Hideaway Legacy #5)
  • Just Before Dawn (Hideaway Legacy #6)
  • Private Passions (Hideaway Legacy #7)
  • No Compromise (Hideaway Legacy #8)
  • Homecoming (Hideaway Legacy #9)
  • Renegade (Hideaway Legacy #10)
  • Stranger In My Arms (Hideaway Legacy #11)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
  • The Boy I Hate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
  • Happy All the Time
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99