Start by marking “Whiskey Temptations (Love & Liquor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Whiskey Temptations (Love & Liquor, #1)

Whiskey Temptations (Love & Liquor, #1)

Henley Blackwood.
She’s loyal, fiercely independent, and the one girl I shouldn’t want.
The ultimate temptation...my best friend’s younger sister.

I’ve been fighting my attraction to her since she graduated culinary school and started running the kitchen in my bar.
There’s too much between us.
Her age. My past. Our families.
But lust burns through me like a shot of whiskey every
Published March 5th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Whiskey Temptations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whiskey Temptations

Start your review of Whiskey Temptations (Love & Liquor, #1)
Sofia Lazaridou
Mar 12, 2021 rated it did not like it
Whiskey Temptations is a stand-alone novel in the Love & Liquor series by Kate Stacy. As I was reading the book, I kept getting the feeling that I was missing things and that if I had read the previous books I would have known what was going on way better, but this book is listed as the first in the series, so I was a little confused. As it turns out, the author has written the Stars Align series and it's about Holden's sisters.

This book is about Hanley and Gabriel who formed an unlikely but st
MelodiousBookNotes
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart! As a huge fan of the Stars Align series, I have been patiently awaiting Holden Sterling's story. Whiskey Temptations is book one in Kate Stacy's Love and Liquor series. It is a continuation of the Stars Align series set in the small town Blackwood, NC and centers around the employees of 80 Proof Bar & Grill. It is here that Holden carries a secret flame for chef Henley Blackwood, who also happens to be the little sister of Holden's business partner/best friend. Due to painful pasts, ...more
Michael King
Feb 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Holden and Henley want to love but they have so much to conquer to accept their love. Holden was abandoned by his last girlfriend, all she left behind was a letter. However, he has a secret causing things to get complicated. Holden has been attracted to Henly but never acted on it because she is his best friend's brother. The night after his sister’s wedding, he wakes up with her in his bed, he lets his friend know and he gives him his blessing. Henley is  a driven woman that runs the kitchen at ...more
Sherri
Mar 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading Kate Stacy, and I am hooked. This book is a continuation of the Stars Align series. Even though it is nice to read books in order, Kate writes in a way that you don't feel like you should have read the other books before reading this one.

Holden wakes up in a strange bed, not alone and not remembering what happened the night before. Holden uses his opportunity only to find out that his opportunity is his best friend's sister. Since Henley came back to Blackwood, Hol
Donna
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Holden Sterling has been in love before but she walked out and broke his heart. So he put up a wall and didn't let anyone in. He and his best friend since childhood, Jax are partners in the bar/grill they own. They have decided to have Jax's sister Henley run the grill part of it since she graduated from culinary school.
Henley Blackwood has plans and feels she needs to prove herself. Her upbringing was rough and has left scars.
But after one night together with Holden there's an attraction that t
Samantha
Mar 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the author thru Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving my review. Henley and Holden have known each other for years. He is her boss and a best friend and partner with her brother. That alone would be enough to keep them apart. Their baggage of the past is going to get in the way. Both have reasons to deny their feelings but that only lasts for so long. You cannot help but root for these two. Regardless of what they do not say, their actions show how great they are together

I
bookish_ashley90
Mar 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
****ARC for honest review****

Whiskey Temptations
By : Kate Stacy

Whiskey Temptations is my first book from Kate Stacy and I'm in love.

Henley Blackwood and Holden Sterling is fighting against each other due to certain circumstances. They want each other but things are holding them back till that one night they can't remember.

I really enjoyed this first book in this new series. If you haven't read it, I suggest you to go and do it now. Go on, go and read it.
Jenn the Readaholic
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Holden and Henley had so much love to give, but they both hid their hearts behind brick walls fortified with rebar and concrete. It felt like every time they got close to making it work, something popped up to push them apart. And yet, I still had to know what came next. Between Gabriel’s unlikely BFF-ness, family and friends getting in the way while trying to help, and past hurts walking into their present (for both Henley and Holden), they sure managed to tear themselves down a lot. But along ...more
Sarah Sargent
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
We officially have the long-awaited story for Holden Sterling! Repeat we finally have Holden’s story. We learn in Whiskey Beginnings that Holden thought he found someone to love and to love him back. That is not the case. He holds a secret that no one knows about. But there is one person who he has fought an attraction to since she came home two years ago. His best friends’ little sister. Yeah, no, don’t go there. But the temptation is there and one night after his sister’s wedding that is exact ...more
Ellen
Mar 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this story. I really liked Holden and Henley and how great they are together and for each other.
Nate
Mar 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Henley & Holden had an entertaining read. Interesting book. I received a free copy of the book. And am voluntarily leaving my honest opinion.
Jasmine Bell
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The perfect combination of sweet and steamy, I was hooked from the very first page. Filled with family drama and secrets that fuel insecurities, we get to watch how the oldest Sterling sibling gets his girl. I loved Henley and Holden and cannot wait for the next one in this series.
Cynthia
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book and the first from this author. The storyline kept me turning pages and i was able to finish it in one day. Holden and hennley has such great chemistry and totally belong together.
Daniela_1112
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing

Whiskey Temptations is my first book by Kate Stacy, and it was such a great book! I will be reading more of this author.

The storyline kept me hooked from the beginning; I was able to finish it in one sitting. Henley & Holden's story was such a sweet one.

Henley is a determined girl, and she works hard to achieve all her goals; she's a workaholic with no time for distractions. Everything she went through in her past left scars and made her build some walls around her heart; Henley only allows on
Meredith
Mar 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
The number guy rule, don’t fall for your best friends little sister, no matter what. But that is exactly what Holden did. After a night of drinking Holden woke up naked in the bed of a woman and he doesn’t remember how he got there. After fooling around with her he finally sees her face and he knows, he’s going to be in trouble, cause his bedmate is his best friend, Jackson’s, little sister Henley.
While Henley doesn’t remember what happened the night before, she does know that they didn’t have
caffe.and.books (Aimee)
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
𝖩𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗀𝗋𝖺𝖻 𝗈𝗇 𝗍𝗈 𝗆𝗒 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝗌𝗍𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌 𝖺 𝗉𝗎𝗅𝗅! 𝖧𝖾𝗇𝗅𝖾𝗒 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖧𝗈𝗅𝖽𝖾𝗇'𝗌 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀, 𝗌𝗎𝖼𝗁 𝖺 𝗌𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗍 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒.

𝖧𝖾𝗇𝗅𝖾𝗒 𝗂𝗌 𝖽𝗋𝗂𝗏𝖾𝗇, 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝖿𝗎𝗅𝗅 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝖾𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗆𝗂𝗇𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗀𝗈𝖺𝗅𝗌. 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝗉𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖼𝖺𝗎𝗌𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝖻𝗎𝗂𝗅𝖽 𝗐𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗌 𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗇 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗇𝗌𝖾 𝗇𝖾𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗁𝖾𝗋𝗌𝖾𝗅𝖿. 𝖲𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝗈𝖾𝗌𝗇'𝗍 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝗍𝗂𝗆𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝖺𝗇𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗄. 𝖧𝗈𝗅𝖽𝖾𝗇 𝗁𝖺𝖽 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗄𝖾𝗇 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗂𝗌 𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖻𝗈𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗈𝗐𝗇 𝗌𝖾𝖼𝗋𝖾𝗍𝗌. 𝖧𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍𝗌 𝗍𝗈 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝖺𝗀𝖺𝗂𝗇 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅𝗌 𝗁𝖾'𝗌 𝗎𝗇𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗁𝗅𝗒.

𝖳𝗁𝖾𝗌𝖾 𝗍𝗐𝗈 𝗍𝗈𝗀𝖾𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝖾! 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖼𝗁𝖾𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗍𝗋𝗒 𝗂𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗋𝗈𝗈𝖿 𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗍𝗁
Elsie Pitt
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Prepare to have your heart pulled and your soul tangled! This is Henley and Holdens story and what a story is weaved! These two have been side eyeing for a hot second and each have baggage that is holding them back. But they are two strong willed characters who want what the heart wants and it is a drink that goes down so smooth! If you have not read any of Kate Stacy books this is a great one to start with. I have never read her before and I was pleasantly captivated with her writing!

I received
Vinessa
Mar 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Its just a kiss..
Reading about the intense feelings in this book.He fights his feelings. She ignores the thumbs.
I welcomed the trials, of familuarity and forbidden aspects.. The emotional confusion and the unexpected passion. The chemistry between the H and h is undeniable and unexpected. Connecting with the characters may come easy in this story, following the plot might not be

Shanna D
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Whiskey Temptations by Kate Stacy. Henley and Holden bring intense chemistry and heavy heat to this story. I enjoyed this story and thought it had a good mix of drama, personal conflicts, witty banter, steamy scenes, along with dual POV. Good one click pick choice if you are looking for something steamy, full of drama and many feels. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Deb
Mar 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars
I loved reading this book. It had everything I liked in s story to make it fun and inviting. The characters are lovable. They each have things in their past that has caused them to be a bit broken and in his case, reluctant to be hurt again. It was a beautifully crafted story that drew me in and made me a believer of their love.

I requested a copy of this book so I could provide an honest review.
thenerdybookworm_
Mar 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Kate Stacy is a new to me author and Whiskey Temptations was a great read.

Holden and Henley have known each other for awhile. He’s her boss and she’s his best friend’s sister. One night changes everything when they wake up in bed together and can’t remember how they got there. Due to awful pasts, these two are full of insecurities and feelings of unworthiness. Can they overcome their self doubts to hold onto the love that’s there or will it be their downfall?
Nicole Collins
Jul 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Bar life

Not the typical bar life, they are family they chose. Learning to let go of insecurities and the past. So much drama and heat. I loved everything about this extended family. I highly recommend this book to others.
Chelsea
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing

Whiskey Temptations was a fast paced entertaining read! I love this world and all the characters in it!

Holden & Henley’s story was steamy, heartbreaking at times but ends with a HEA

I can’t wait for Noah’s story ♥️
Nicole Wagenblast
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. It takes you on an emotional ride. Hanley and Holden are made for each other. Can't wait to read Noah's story.

I received an ARC copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Vivian
Mar 15, 2021 rated it liked it
3,5 ⭐️ It‘s a quick & nice read. Loved to read more about the characters from the “Stars Align Series“.
Gunjan Gupta
s.
Mar 12, 2021
Alberta
Mar 07, 2021

• One More Time (Ruby Falls #2)
  • His Moonflower (Single Dad's Romance, #3)
  • There's More To It (Single Dad's Romance, #4)
  • Whiskey and Sunset Nights
  • Minor Trouble (Single Dad's Romance, #7)
  • Until Blaze (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • The Touch of a Villain (The Boys of Clermont Bay, #1)
  • Off-Limits (Rixon High, #1)
  • Free Fall (Wilde Boys, #2)
  • Over the Moon
  • Savannah's Salvation (Single Dad's Romance, #1)
  • Until Amy
  • Flag on the Play (Single Dad's Romance, #5)
  • Tangled Sheets
  • Kiss To Defy (Blairwood University, #3)
  • Violent Tendencies: A Bloody Antihero Anthology
  • Four
  • Envy (Deadly Sins Syndicate Book 2)
Ordinary life. Extraordinary love.

For more information on Contemporary Romance Author, Kate Stacy:

Visit her website: www.katestacy.com
Sign up for Kate's monthly newsletter for book news, giveaways, and more: https://katestacy.eo.page/signup

She loves to connect with readers on social media. You can find her here:

➜Instagram: instagram.com/authorkatestacy/