Start by marking “Low Water Crossing, Book 2 of the Sulfur Gap Series” as Want to Read:
Low Water Crossing, Book 2 of the Sulfur Gap Series

Low Water Crossing, Book 2 of the Sulfur Gap Series

(Sulfur Gap #2)

A human skeleton is unearthed on Wayne Cheadham’s ranch. The grisly discovery stops the digging and points a bony finger at Wayne’s long-gone first wife.

Fast-paced and laced with humor, the three loves of Wayne’s life tell their own stories. These beautiful, strong-willed women present Wayne with unique challenges to test his mettle and refine his spirit. He shares his ref
Published 2020

Be the first to ask a question about Low Water Crossing, Book 2 of the Sulfur Gap Series

Start your review of Low Water Crossing, Book 2 of the Sulfur Gap Series
Lone Star Literary Life
Featured on Lone Star Book Blog Tours. Lone Star Blogger Team average rating: 4.4 stars. ...more
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
When I decided to read this book, I had no idea it was the second in the series or that I had read the first book. Granted, I had read the book 4 years ago and there have been many books between then and now. But as I was engrossed in the book, some things sounded familiar especially towards the end. That being said, you do not have to read the first book, The Lark, to fully enjoy this story.

This novel revolves around Wayne Cheadham but is told from the perspective of his three wives with brief
Lynn Poppe
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-review
Low Water Crossing is one of those books that I found difficult to categorize or explain when asked what I was reading. I re-read the synopsis and thought, yep, that pretty much covers it! I can certainly agree that this book is an appreciation for the heartache of the main character, Wayne Cheadham, and the three loves of his life.

While this novel is not a typical romance, it is told from the point of view of each of Wayne’s romantic interests, interspersed with Wayne’s own thoughts. As for ea
Mike
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Low Water Crossing is a small town family drama that takes place in West Texas. The characters, more than anything else, really bring this novel to life. The story follows the adult life of West Texas rancher Wayne Cheadham in the small town of Sulfur Gap, Texas.

The story is written in the first person point of view (POV). However, it is not always the same character telling the story. The novel begins with a prologue, and Wayne, the protagonist, is telling the story. After the prologue, the sto
Melissa
While I have not read the first book in Dana Glossbrenner’s Sulfer Gap series, I had no problem jumping into the power and the poignance of Low Water Crossing.

Opening with a first-person narration by Wayne Cheadham, the pivot point around which this whole novel revolves, this story is told in sections, which are then subdivided into chapters, each one depicting a significant moment in that character’s life. Wayne is in every “book” but the three pov characters, Lucy, Cynthia, and Lou, are the th
Ruthie Jones
"I want to live the rest of my life in living color, with the moments bright and joyful."

Wayne Cheadham is one of the main citizens in Sulfur Gap, Texas, who owns a ranch just outside of town and who takes under his wing a couple of mistreated children and a few animals who need a loving home. Wayne also attracts women without even trying because he is a too-good-to-be true sexy cowboy with plenty of Texas charm. In Low Water Crossing, Wayne goes through three marriages from the late 1980s to 20
Eugene Stonefield
Virginia Duncan
Aug 12, 2020
Barbara
Sep 18, 2020

• 6 Feet Under Texas: Unique, Famous, & Historic Graves in the Lone Star State (Cemetery Tales)
  • Escape From Wheel (Conquest Of The Veil Book 2)
  • The Diary of Asser Levy: First Jewish Citizen of New York
  • Airborne
  • Nothing Short of Wondrous (American Wonders #2)
  • The Secret of You and Me
  • Slanted Light
  • Enemies of Doves
  • Landing in My Present: A Father, a Daughter, and the Singular Himalayan Journey that Reunited Them
  • The One and Only Ivan
  • The Gulag P-Pa Diaries: A Bittersweet Memoir of Grand-Parenting
  • Something Worth Doing
  • Nacho's Nachos: The Story Behind the World's Favorite Snack
  • Gates of Mars (The Halo Trilogy, Book One)
  • A Delightful Little Book On Aging
  • Endless Skies
  • The Sword & Mr. Stone (An Edward Stone - Insurance Adjuster - Adventure #1)
  • A Hero for Hailey (Love will OUT, #1)
Dana Glossbrenner has spent most of her life in West Texas, with small towns of the region forming the inspiration for the fictional locale of Sulfur Gap. She's married with two children, two step-children, and six grandchildren. She currently resides in San Angelo, Texas.

Sulfur Gap (2 books)