Start by marking “The Golden Boys (Kings of Cypress Prep, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Golden Boys (Kings of Cypress Prep, #1)

The Golden Boys

(Kings of Cypress Prep #1)

West Golden—easy to hate, yet so hard to resist.

Don’t let that pretty face of his fool you. He isn’t the boy next door, or the kind you trust with your heart. He’s the devil in designer jeans, with all the charm of a bona fide psycho.

Trust me.

He swears I did something to cross him before I even stepped foot inside Cypress Prep, but it’s a lie. No one knows better than me t
ebook
Published October 16th 2020

Start your review of The Golden Boys (Kings of Cypress Prep, #1)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
For Gossip Girl Fans...Later, Peeps!

The following ratings are out of 5:
Romance: ❤️💙💜💛💚
Heat/Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Story/Plot: 📕📗📘📔📙
World building: 🌎🌏🌍🌎
Character development: 👤👤👤👤👤

The setting: Cypress Prep Academy

The Hero(s): West Golden (a.k.a. KingMidas) – The first born of the Golden Triplets. Seniors, football stars and they run the schools. West is the de facto leader of the popular group. He thinks Blue is out to ruin his family and thinks he has every right to take her down.

The heroine: Blue Riley
Meredith Wilson
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
The Golden Boys is the first book in the new Kings of Cypress Prep series by Nikki Thorne and Rachel Jonas. Both are new authors to me, but after reading this, they are definitely on my radar now. This book right here is bully romance at its best, and I was hooked from the very start.

West Golden aka King Midas is a football star, and the king of his school. A guy that nobody would dare cross. But when he finds dirty pics of the new girl (Blue Riley) in his father's safe, he makes it his mission
Abstract  ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

Web-Photo-Editor He’s not the boy next door, or the kind you trust with your heart. West Golden is a devil in designer jeans, with all the charm of a bonified psycho. Still, even with all the hatred I hold for him, I swear I feel him all over me. Like a ghost."

“Golden Boys” is the first part of the “Kings of Cypress Prep” series by the best selling author Nikki Thorn.
First of all , Why did no one tell me that this was a Cliffhanger??? This is
BLuvsBooks

A good enemies to more/ bully read.
Enjoyed the slow burn and spiteful banter.
Also liked the nod to gossip girl and the crazy pranks.
I wasn’t sold on the reason why West hated Blue in the beginning but the last part of the book made it more believable.
Looking forward to the next.

NA. Bullymance. Not RH. Cliffy
Alyrica
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I just finished this book and my stomach is in knots. I am a big ball of anxiety. Honestly, bully books aren't my favorite because usually they keep me anxious and frustrated. That being said, I really enjoyed this one, mostly.

What I Liked:
* Blue, the main female character. She wasn't completely impervious to the bullying but she was strong enough to keep my frustration at a lower level. I also really liked her dedication to her sister, Scarlett.
* The pacing. I never felt boredom or the urge to
Sunny Shelly Reads
Welp, I pretty much devoured The Golden Boys in a day. Stayed up waaaay too late reading into the wee hours of the morning because I was so wrapped up in West and Blue's story. I never liked bully romance all that much, but over the past few months, I can't seem to get enough of them.

I really can't wait for book #2, because I need more. Like, now. Is Blue guilty of what West is silently accusing her of?

Both of these characters are really broken. West has lived his entire life as the keeper of s
♡Meme♡Reads love♡
Oh my freaking goodness!!!!
It did not just end that way? Ms. Rachel and Ms. Nikki you didn’t have to do my heart like that! F$%^*@ damn cliffhangers!!!!!
Where is it? Where is the next book?????
I need it a.s.a.p, like seriously A S A P!
description

This book was the biz! I freaking loved this one! All the feels and *fans self* the sexual tension between the h&h was the bomb.com. That pool scene!!!! They might want to sprinkle some holy water in it after that! Ms. Rachel and Ms. Nikki freaking teased the h
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
The mystery behind The Golden Boys is killing me! What's the thing with his father and what about her mother? *biting my nails*

I absolutely adored shared moments between West and Blue. They fought the chemistry, but failed myserably - even with all that bullying going on. Stubborn aholes. Gotta love them.

To me West was a broken boy behind all that facade. But Blue, gah, I loved her. Her life was hard and she rocked it still.

My favourite part of this story are the sceenes behing closed doors (f
ABookLover73
Review coming soon
CourtRocks'
Sep 26, 2020 marked it as to-read
Liam is a lot to live up to, but I'm putting hope in this book🤞😍
Dayang
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
4⭐️

This is my first ARC and reads from the authors. I've read the blurb and got hooked by it that's why I signed up.

I knew this was more than one book but I didn't know this was going to end in a cliffhanger... I thought the next book was going to be about the other brother—either Sterling or Dane *sigh* I hate cliffhangers. It's not good for my anxiety... wish there was a warning at the beginning, or if there was I've probably missed it.

I love the story. I love enemies to lovers romance, high s
Priscilla
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it

A46134-DA-7446-40-A5-9468-6970948-C5-D35

The words use and overall review shouldn’t reflect personally on the author or any other of her series and books.

Steamy, Entertaining! A page turner!

I was actually very entertained while reading this and that doesn’t happen often. And mostly recently that I haven’t found books that I love truly.
I was more excited about the mystery part of this book. We get two leads from opposite backgrounds and life styles. Opposites that attract which I love. We get the bully! But the difference is in t
Meryl
Oct 05, 2020 added it
Read as an ARC, and giving an honest review.

Right at the start of book one my heartbreaks for Blue and Scarlet. Their mother leaves them to an uncaring alcoholic father and their older brother has been locked up for a heinous crime.

Her brother apparently sent in her application for Cypress Prep and she has been accepted. So her last year of school is on the North side of town and she knows nobody. She knows West and his brothers from having seen them at a party but doesn’t expect them to sit do
Ashleigh
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
High school bully romance done brilliantly!!

I LOVE a strong MFC. And Blue is definitely fierce. She handles her own shizz, she doesn’t rely on anyone and she owns that independence.
Moving to a new school on a scholarship in her last year at school, Blue knew that things weren’t going to be easy at Cypress Prep. But having set her sights on a future for not only her but for her younger sister she’s willing to take what people throw at her.
Then she meets West and his brothers Dane and Sterling
AriHenry
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
BRUHHHHH! That emotion I’m feeling? I can’t even describe it. This book is SUPERB! Honestly one of the best books I’ve read this year. I absolutely need book 2, because this one has me on the edge of my seat, fingers running thru my hair, needing answers to that cliffhanger. Read at your own risk, because you WILL want more.
Carrie
Nov 02, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was ridiculous

I found my self skimming a lot of this book. If you write a book that 350 pages and can conclude the story, you are just a money hungry shitty story teller. I will not read the second book. For one it doesn’t come out until April. Two. You spent 75% of this book just opening up questions. You answered nothing. I’m never reading this author again.
Adriana
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg this book , could not put it down read it in one sitting . First book from this author for me , love discovering new authors . This book had the passion , the mystery the steam it had it all loved every second of it . Need book two now
Nikki Galloway
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! 👏👏

What an amazing start to a new series! I fell absolutely in love with this storyline and the characters. The chemistry between West and Blue is hot🔥!! You wont be disappointed with this book and will devour it in no time!
Wendi Wilson
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best high school bully books I've ever read! The push and pull between Blue and West makes this story literally unputdownable! They're fighting themselves as much as they're fighting each other, and the magnetism is undeniable. I literally CANNOT wait for book 2! 5-stars all the way!
Kallie Kennon
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This author has brought it to a whole new level. This is a must read. The Golden Boys was way beyond anything I could have imagined. It captivated my attention the whole time and was well written. I fell in love with the characters.
Rain  Forrest
Nov 20, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not for me

I didn’t really like this one. It just isn’t... good? It’s like the author took all of these components and tried to make a book. But she didn’t realize that they have to fit together, then there needs to be some glue. You the guys who is suppose to the angst hero type, but he’s shallow, not sexy there is nothing to stand him apart from any other poor misunderstood bad boy in the genre. He is so pathetically normal for these books there is. I thing original at all. Of course a manwhor
Renee
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing

West Golden--easy to hate, yet so hard to resist. Don't let that pretty face of his fool you. He isn't the boy next door, or the kind you trust with your heart. He's the devil in designer jeans, with all the charms of a bona fide psycho. Trust me. He swears I did something to cross him before I even stepped foot inside Cypress Prep, but it's a lie. N one knows better than me that I"m all out chances.
TXBRITGAL
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
YOWZA!!!! What a juicy, mind spinning read!. Be warned, it ends with a cliffhanger that will leave your jaw on the floor desperate for book two! I have faith in our author that all shall be revealed. It will just be a helacious wait 😉. Blue has grown up raising her little sister as neither parent actually did that job. It starts with her discovering a note her mother left explaining why she'd snuck away and left them all like a thief in the night. She claimed it was to clear her head, and would ...more
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
I was riveted and on the edge of my seat through the entire book. The Golden Boys is a deeply dark bully romance and is not for the faint of heart, but it is also wickedly good.

West Golden is haunted by his father's sins, tormented and twisted inside, but bestowed with the face of an angel. He sets out to ruin Blue Riley, the new girl attending their elite prep school, but she isn't like the rest of the rich elite, she's there on scholarship. West has his reasons for singling her out (justified
Cassidy Wallace
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-books-read
Well this was one wild ride from start to finish. The only complaint I have is that West is kinda stupid in the fact that he doesn't ever just ask Blue if what he thinks is true actually true and just believes his father who he knows lies and is kinda an asshole. Another factor I didn't fully like was her best friend (who I'm totally blanking on the names of), I don't know I just feel like she just rubbed me the wrong way a bit and that she was just a bit to full of herself, not that she wasn't ...more
Jenifer Briggs
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
So I'll admit that most bully romances are the same, which is why I usually stay away from them, but there was something about this blurb that really intrigued me so I decided to give it a shot and HOLY SHIT I'm so glad I did!!!!! I'll admit, the fact that it was a cliffhanger threw me for a bit, and I was ready to chuck my poor kindle into the wall when I got to the last page, but DAAAAMMMNNN, what a wild ride!!!

The plot is kind of the same recycled storyline: new girl who's alone/life falling
Felicia
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Golden Boys by Rachel Jonas and Nikki Thorne is a dark high school bully romance. This is the first book in the Kings of Cypress Prep series.

The book does come with a warning/caution "The Golden Boys are all smokin’ hot, but there’s only one guy for Blue Riley, which means this romance isn’t a reverse harem. Also, full disclosure, this saga does contain strong bully themes. So, if you’re not into romances where hate turns into love (well … eventually), and if you don’t like your heroes of t
Dona M
BULLY ROMANCE WITH A MYSTERY PLOT

so you know, i just love this whole NA enemies to lover trope, and this is first book in the series. let me tell you this was a hot read!!!

i was hooked and sole from the first chapter, and i can sprout 1000 reasons for it but i will state the most obvious one, i just loved the way it opened.

THIS BOOK BRINGS TWO CHARACTERS FROM THE OPPOSITE SIDES OF LIFE AND TRACKS, BLUE & WEST, THE GOLDEN BOY. WEST FINDS SOME *STUFF* WHICH MAKES BLUE THE TARGET OF HIS WRATH BU
bookobsession000
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
New to me authors and I honestly had no idea what to expect with this book.
Bully romance books can be really hit or miss.
The Golden Boys was 100% a HIT!!!!
I LOVED IT!!! This was a FANTASTIC book! Probably one of the best bully romance's that I have read. To me personally, the bullying was a little light but it did not bother me at all. The story was so well written and in my opinion, the storyline was faultless. Great character development with the right amount of chemistry and sexual tension
Kimberly Garner
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What did I just read?!? Holy...shit.(reminder to myself to remove that tidbit for Amazon)But holy smokes y'all, buckle up.The ups and downs, and twist and turns makes most roller coasters look tame. There are so many questions, and yes..it's a cliff hanger, not it is not RH. That's all I saying about the plot. This is straight bully at it's finest. I just wish I had the right words to put forth for my review, cause right now, other than holy shit...I got nothing.
The charcters, yes lets talk char
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Pretty Little Savage (Sick Boys #1)
  • Trick Me Twice
  • Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Do What I Say
  • Rival (Briarcliff Society, #1)
  • Striker (Redwood Rebels #1)
  • Wicked Devil (Devils of Sun Valley High, #1)
  • Fallen Heirs (Windsor Academy #3)
  • No Good
  • Corrupt My Mind (North Haven University #1)
  • Wicked Titan (Golden Olympus Academy, #1)
  • Cruel Titan (Golden Olympus Academy, #2)
  • Taint Her (Rebels at Sterling Prep, #3)
  • Taunt Her (Rebels At Sterling Prep #1)
  • Trust Him (Rebels at Sterling Prep #4)
  • Virtue (Briarcliff Secret Society Series Book 2)
  • Tame Him (Rebels At Sterling Prep, #2)
  • Necessary Cruelty

Kings of Cypress Prep (2 books)
  • Never His Girl (Kings of Cypress Prep, #2)

News & Interviews

“A few seconds behind, Dane freezes with his mouth half-open when he finally spots her. Then, his brow jumps and he’s taking it all in, the details I refuse to find appealing about her—tight little waist, sun-kissed skin, legs for days, nice size rack, pretty face. Not the typical, magazine-class pretty face, either. It’s unique and ethereal, makes you want to stare. Makes you want to get closer. She’s the human equivalent of oleander. Beautiful. Delicate. Dangerous.” 5 likes