Start by marking “Something Borrowed: Christmas Weddings Collection” as Want to Read:
Something Borrowed: Christmas Weddings Collection

Something Borrowed: Christmas Weddings Collection

Old friends, new loves, and a borrowed tiara.

Always Been Yours by Jaycee Weaver — Hanady's planning her dream wedding, but her injured best friend Keenan isn't the groom. If she can't see she's marrying the wrong guy soon, his leg won't be the only thing broken.

All the Moore by Toni Shiloh — Leilah Anderson has been living behind the screen to hide her disability, then she

Published October 20th 2020 (first published October 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Something Borrowed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something Borrowed

Start your review of Something Borrowed: Christmas Weddings Collection
Cara Putman
Nov 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Toni’s novella! The heroine was unique and the hero perfect.
Paula Shreckhise
*True friendships bend gracefully through every season of life.*
This was just the cutest collection of Christmas wedding stories. The connection was the SOMETHING BORROWED tiara that is passed to all the brides who were college roommates and great friends.
Two of my favorites were by Toni Shiloh and Mikal Dawn. All The Moore has a wheelchair bound heroine which is so interesting. A Holly Bolly Christmas had a Scottish groom in a kilt and a bride in a Sari.
Each story told of earthly love and God
Brittany
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a really fun collection to read! I loved getting to experience the relationships and weddings of each of these five friends. Each story was connected by the “something borrowed” item, a tiara that each woman wore at their wedding.

Always Been Yours by Jaycee Weaver – Keenan and Hanady were so perfect for each other. Keenan treated Hanady so well and truly valued her. I loved it when they FINALLY found love together!

All the Moore by Toni Shiloh – This story was packed with emotion! I love
Marylin
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful collection of stories! I enjoy reading books written by all these fantastic authors and putting them all together is like a special Christmas gift!
These stories each had a sweet spin to them. Five authors, six friends, five sweet romances, and five beautifully unique weddings!
I loved the thread of close friendships and support these books share. Each story has a different twist and a distinctive flair, mixed into the characters. Oh, to have close friends like this!
While reading
MJSH
It's a fun Christmas wedding novella collection that follows six tightly-knit college friends as each finds love. Only five of them actually have their stories in this collection and the tradition of passing down a tiara as "something borrowed" in each subsequent wedding starts with Ruth Ann who is already married with multiple children (thus her full story is not included). Each author has a unique voice and writing style and it's quite fun to see this group of friends support each other throug ...more
Susan Snodgrass
Sep 16, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This collection of 5 little novellas is so cute. Five friends gather and share each others' wedding stories. And one very special tiara. Perfect for a cozy fall or winter read just before the holidays, you can settle down into this and be blessed as you smile your way through these girls' weddings. Recommended.

*I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher. The opinion here is my own.
Ochegba
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Want to get into the early Christmas mood? then this collection is for you.
Beautifully written, it follows five friends and their love stories.
Besides Jaycee Weaver I had read a book or two from each of these authors and was excited to read more. It was a great introduction to her stories and would definitely be looking out for more.
With themes of acceptance and loving yourself for who you are or the challenges that come with intercultural/interracial marriages to calamities that could happen ju
Melissa Wardwell
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ingenious and delightfully entertaining

Weddings, I don’t know too many readers that do not enjoy them. Add the fact that the wedding is around the Christmas holiday and you double the joy. When I saw this collection, I knew that I must have it.

Each author is uniquely talented in crafting their individual contribution to the collection. Love and heartache, laughter and tears, and most importantly—weddings and romance. It is the craftiness that each story intermingles with the next through the con
Anne
We all know 2020 has been a challenging year. So, more than ever, I anticipated the season of Christmas-themed books! I knew Christmas-y novels would lift my spirits and put me in a better frame of mind. Something Borrowed accomplished those tasks! This has probably been my favorite Christmas anthology, and I recommend it to all my reader friends who adore sweet holiday romance. I loved how the stories are tied together by a group of friends. I also enjoyed the diversity of the characters, it fe ...more
Lynda
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
These are all new authors to me, but I was intrigued that the novellas are about a group of friends and Christmas. A perfect read in December!

Always Been Yours by Jaycee Weaver

I enjoyed this author's writing style and loved the main character. Hanady is the kind of friend I look for: fun, sweet, spunky, and a little bit sassy, yet fiercely loyal and loving. She's also a little clueless in her romantic life, but that makes for a fun read and a romantic ending of the novella, one that was blissf
Suzie Waltner
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Five friends celebrate the loves of their lives at Christmas in the Something Borrowed novella collection. While the tiara (the something borrowed) makes an appearance in each story, it’s the bonds of friendship forged over the years between these women that really tie the collection together.

I appreciated that the time frame of the whole collection was spread out over a couple years (nope, all five do not get married together) and that each story had an established relationship—whether that be
Becky
Dec 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
Something Borrowed has something for everyone: friends becoming more, an online relationship moving into the real world, lots of parental drama, a bridezilla, and lost love found again. I really enjoyed watching each of the friends find her happily ever after. I did enjoy some novellas more than others (as is typical for a collection like this--my favorites were by Toni Shiloh and Jaycee Weaver), and I had a difficult time telling when each story took place in relation to the others (a simple ye ...more
Andi
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: empty-shelf-2020
This was an absolute delightful collection of Christmas wedding stories. A group of friends from college, who I could see as my friends, have Christmas weddings with a few hiccups that made me giggle.

Teresa Tysinger and Andrea Boyd are new to me authors and I thoroughly enjoyed their stories.

I adored the way each of the authors wrote their story. Quirky characters, venues that might or might not work, ridiculous family members. Everything that most if not all brides can identify with. I could.
Anne
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’m a huge fan of collections. They’re a great way to be introduced to authors. These five novellas follow six friends as they pass along a beautiful wedding tiara one-to-the-other, and of course they each get married at Christmastime.

I enjoyed the friendship dynamic between the girls. You could tell they had genuine relationships by their affection for each other, clothed in honesty and encouragement. A couple of the novellas stood out a little more to me because of a deeper faith element and
Deana Dick
Dec 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This collection of stories follow a group of friends as they find love and happiness. I loved the tiara that was passed to each woman and the meaning behind it. There is laughter, tears and joy as each author blends their story together to make a wonderful collection . I liked how we get to see each of the friends share their ups and downs with each and how a treasured item is passed to each woman on a special day.

Always Been Yours by Jaycee Weaver

I loved this story so much and thought that Han
Connie Carpenter
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best thing about being a book blogger is finding new authors to read. "Something Borrowed" is collection of 5 Novellas by 5 amazing authors. The only author that I have read prior to this was Toni Shiloh. The other authors were new to me. I enjoyed EVERY single one of these stories. I love when I can read collections like this. All the stories are unique but tied together by a central theme. We see 5 friends that you will feel like are your friends as you read about their relationship ...more
Chloe Flanagan
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When five friends decide to take turns wearing the same tiara at their weddings, it would seem that the good fortune attached to the “something borrowed” bridal tradition should be inevitable. But as it happens, a cherished object, highly detailed wedding lists, holiday cheer, and even romance are not enough to guarantee these brides an obstacle-free trip down the aisle. Each heroine in the Something Borrowed collection must find her own way to lasting love with the help of faith, friendship, an ...more
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Always Been Yours by Jaycee Weaver
Awwww Keenan and Hanady! Friends to more has always been a favorite of mine and this wasn't an exception. Swoon worthy with lessons in faith that is inspiring and worthy of emulation.

All The Moore by Toni Shiloh.
Toni Shiloh has always had my heart with her books and this one was no exception. I loved the stories, I loved the characters, the humor, banter was just so heartwarming.

A Holly Bolly Christmas by Mikal Dawn
It was the settings of the wedding in this s
Faye
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fun filled collection of Christmas wedding themed short stories that follow a group of college friends as they each find their happily ever after, and continue the tradition of getting married at Christmastime.

An utterly charming collection of stories, I loved how they tie into, and build upon one another, as we get to know each of the brides and their beautifully, unique love stories. I couldn't keep a smile from my face as I read through each of the stories.

I loved Hanady and Keenan's chem
Kelly-Ann ~ Sassy Bookish Mama
Want to get in the Christmas holiday spirit?! Then this collection of stories is for you! I loved reading these. It was like reading one big story as these authors wrote the characters with such fluidity that at times I thought I was reading one novel instead of 5 different novellas. They really did an outstanding job.
The stories follow five friends in pursuit of love and marriage even when they believe that it will not be happening for them or when it actually comes in the most of unexpected w
Marguerite Gray
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh, to have friends that stick close through the years. My sister has a college clan like this one in the novel. After years removed from the connection in college, my sister’s group plans not just girl weekends, but girl weeks where they meet, bringing all their lives from miles apart together for renewal and focus (usually at the beach or the mountains). The bond has not been broken even though the woes of life—physical, mental, and emotional woven with spiritual. They have something special t ...more
Erin
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celebrate-lit
I love collections like this. They have lots of fun short novellas and that means you feel like you’re reading a lot of books but they’re short and read quickly. Plus I love meeting all the new characters and feeling like I get to know them and follow them through all of the books.

I really enjoyed A Promise so Sweet because it was not your average love story and it’s always fun to have love stories that are unique.

Most of the authors that have contributed to this are ones I’ve read before and
Donna C
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing

What I think you should know:
Something Borrowed is a compilation of contemporary Christian Romance novellas. It contains the following novellas : Always Been Yours by Jaycee Weaver, All the Moore by Toni Shiloh, A Holly, Bolly Christmas by Mikal Dawn, Somehow, This Christmas by Teresa Tysinger and A Promise So Sweet by Andrea Boyd.

What I think about this collection:
This was such a delightful Christmas collection. I love the idea of strong friendships that stand the test of time and distance, i
Kendra Neal
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Christmas Weddings are very popular every year. 2020 won't see many
traditional Christmas Weddings. I enjoy the beauty of Weddings year
round, but Christmas Weddings are beautiful. I also enjoy reading
about Christmas Weddings, so this book was a must read for me.

Something Borrowed is a collection of stories by 5 Authors. The Novella
is about a Group of College Friends who are all having Christmas Weddings.As with most weddings, each of the weddings in the Novella are not without drama or issues.
Aminata Coote
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This collection had all the feels–great characters, intriguing storylines, and the strands of Christmas running throughout.

I loved the idea of a tiara being the “something borrowed” in the five weddings while also being a way to pay tribute to their friend Ruth-Ann. It was fun getting glimpses of the friends in each of the stories and though there were a few inconsistencies, it did not detract from the stories. Each novella in Something Borrowed chronicled the romance of one of the five unmarrie
J.E. Grace
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every one of these authors has their own unique writing style, but each story fit together seamlessly. I follow one of six friends telling their own story about how God led them to their happily ever after mate. The first to marry passes a tiara down to be worn by the next friend to marry.

They are inspiring love stories. The characters are playful, down-to-earth, and witty. I enjoyed getting to know each one of them. They were written so well that they could have been a friend of mine next door.
Katie Edgar
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed every novella in this collection. It was fun to follow the ladies through the other stories too.

Always Been Yours kicked off this collection with a fun, best-friends story. I really liked Keenan and how Hanady and Keenan interacted.

All the Moore was one of my favorites in this collection. Reggie is a fantastic character, great book boyfriend material!

A Holly, Bolly Christmas was my other favorite in this collection. The wedding venue was so cool! These characters had their work cut o
Sydney
Nov 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Something Borrowed is an absolutely adorable and charming Christmas Wedding collection. The story ties together with five friends that share a tiara that they all wear at their wedding. Each author has her own voice, while connecting it in with the others in the collection. This delightful collection is an excellent read for the holiday season.

Genre: contemporary romance; holiday
Publisher: Indie
Publication date: October 20, 2020
Number of pages: 600

Disclosure statement: A complimentary review co
Amy
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Something Borrowed: Christmas Weddings Collection is a collection of five stories. These stories include:
All the Moore by Toni Shiloh
A Holly, Bolly Christmas by Mikal Dawn
Somehow, This Christmas by Teresa Tysinger
A Promise So Sweet by Andrea Boyd
I loved every single of these stories. If I had to choose a favorite of the five, it would have to be Toni Shiloh’s All the Moore. All of them were sweet and such a delight to read.

I am giving Something Borrowed: C
Patti Pierce
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Combine Christmas with weddings, and this collection provides the perfect holiday book to read. This collection of stories chronicles the lives of six friends who pass on a wedding dress to one another. The relationships between the women beautifully show up in the pages of these novellas.

Five beautiful weddings bring these stories to life. These authors come together to create a wonderfully inspiring Christmas collection. The collections capture all the joy surrounding Christmas. Each story dis
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Thief of Blackfriars Lane
  • To Steal a Heart (The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency, #1)
  • A Match Made at Christmas
  • An Unlikely Proposal
  • Nicole  (Sewing in SoCal #3)
  • Jocelyn  (Sewing in SoCal, #2)
  • Hearts Aglow  (The Christmas Lights Collection Book 5)
  • Like a Christmas Dream (Port Willis Romance)
  • The Key to Love
  • Restoring Fairhaven (Merriweather Island #6)
  • Beauty Among Ruins
  • Bookers on the Rocks (Independence Islands, Elnora Island #7)
  • The Red Ribbon (True Colors)
  • The Price of Dreams (Faith & Fortune 3)
  • Bride by Blackmail (Moonlight & Magnolia)
  • The Gold Digger (True Colors)
  • Hope Between the Pages (Doors to the Past)
  • Mishaps Off the Mainland (Merriweather Island #5)
A Nevada native and New Mexico transplant, Jaycee is a happily married mother of 3. She enjoys reading, writing, singing, photography, & all things kitchen and crafty. She considers herself a recovering perfectionist, grateful for the grace of God that covers a multitude of eclectic hot messiness.

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...
“Her father had a way of making her feel like a treasured princess and a mental patient all at once.” 1 likes
“I found the strength to value myself above what some guy thinks of me.” 1 likes