Start by marking “Witch Wars (Witches of Orkney #3)” as Want to Read:
Witch Wars (Witches of Orkney #3)

Witch Wars

(The Witches of Orkney #3)

Abigail’s second year at the Tarkana Academy has been an all-out disaster. She’s just unwittingly helped Vertulious, an ancient he-witch and powerful alchemist, destroy Odin’s Stone and restore his powers, and now all of Orkney is caught up in the threat of war as the witches prepare to destroy the helpless Orkadians. Determined to set things right, Abigail and Hugo set of ...more
Paperback
Published October 13th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Witch Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch Wars

Start your review of Witch Wars (Witches of Orkney #3)
Paige Green
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher. Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Book: The Witch Wars

Author: Alane Adams

Book Series: The Witches of Orkney Book 3

Rating: 5/5

Recommended For...: witches, paranormal, childrens books, magic

Publication Date: October 13, 2020

Genre: MG Fantasy

Recommended Age: 10+ (some scary moments)

Publisher: SparkPress

Pages: 208

Synopsis: Abigail’s second year at the Tarkana Academy has been an all-out disaster. She’s just unwittingly helped Vertulious, an ancient
Brenda
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, witches
As with her previous books, Adams begins each of her stories with a prologue, providing an introduction to previous events, some of the Norse mythology the stories are based on and this time she introduced the reader to Iduna, the caretaker of the magical apples that give the god's their immortality. We also learned some of the backstory about Vertulious, his interest in alchemy and his connection to Rubicus. There's even a quick glimpse of Thor.

I must say Witch Wars is my favorite book of the s
Tiffany Martin
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Abigail, known as the blue witch, and her best human friend Hugo, embark on a dangerous journey to the isle of the giants to find Thor and borrow his hammer. It is the only weapon strong enough to stop a dangerous war that is coming between the witches and the humans. But a lot of others wish to stop them or to get the hammer for themselves.

What a fun third book in this middle grade series! I loved it! I’m a huge fan of Norse mythology so this was wonderful and had Thor and Loki and other mytho
Annie
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

Witch Wars is the third book in the Witches of Orkney middle grade reader fantasy series by Alane Adams. Due out 13th Oct 2020, it's 208 pages (print version) and will be available in paperback and ebook formats.
This is a fun fantasy series for middle grade readers. There are a lot of Norse mythology tie-ins, magical schools for readers pining for Hogwarts, lots of ineffectual (really dimwitted) adults running around trying to destroy the worl
Kellen Green
Oct 12, 2020 rated it liked it
More magic, more adventures and more norse myths all I. The hands of little Abigail.

Once more we follow Abigail Tarkana's quest to save her wold from the wicked desires of dark witches (or he-witch in the case!).

As the third installment of the Witches of Orkney series, we follow the events of book two and a company Abigail and Hugo in their quest to regain a magical artifact that might persuade the Tarkana witches to stop their warfare endeavours against the Orkadians.

This search will lead them
Melina Lobo
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Witch Wars by Alane Adams is the third book in the Witches of Orkney series.
I haven't read the first two books so going into this it was a little confusing but soon I started to get the hang of it and enjoyed quite a lot. There are still a few things I really want to know from the first two books so hopefully I get a chance to read them to get the complete timeline.
I loved the main protagonist, Abigail because from what I know about her not only is friendship important but so is doing the right
Aug 23, 2020 rated it liked it
I am not going to be very specific in this review because it's the 3rd book in the series. If you haven't checked out The Blue Witch, you should totally go back and check it out. That being said, it's a fun series, and I love following the adventures of Abigail the blue witch. Her friends (and enemies) and the trouble they get in (and out of) are always so fun. This book brings back all of the friends- Starfire, Robert, Hugo, Endera, Safina, and more- for a sweet ride. Personally, battle/fightin ...more
Stephanie Boyle
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We wanted to give it 10 stars, but only 5 were available. My 9 year old said "it's one of the best books I've ever read'. My 10 year old said 'its an amazing tale of adventure and working together'. We hope there is a 4th book on the Witches of Orkney series. Thank you Once Upon a Book Club for introducing us to another great author.
Jamie
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had received an ARC of this book in my Once Upon A Bookclub Middle grade box. This was such a fun series.
Alissa
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I got this as as an advanced reader copy. This book was great and an excellent 3 book in the series! I can’t wait for the next one!
Tristan Munoz
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
My son and I had a wonderful time reading this series together. I love the cover art. My son really enjoyed the adventures of Abby and you Hugo. Wonderful MG books!
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Visit www.cover2coverblog.blogspot.com for a full review. ...more
Kelly
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Abigail is one of my all-time favorite characters. She tried so hard to do everything right, and it so often turns out so wrong! I can’t wait for her next journey!
Rocelyn Hidalgo
Oct 01, 2020

• The Last Piece
  • How the Penguins Saved Veronica
  • Today Tonight Tomorrow
  • Raybearer (Raybearer, #1)
  • The Daughters of Foxcote Manor
  • Murder's No Votive Confidence (Nantucket Candle Maker Mystery #1)
  • Murder Makes Scents (Nantucket Candle Maker Mystery #2)
  • Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: 100 Immigrant Women Who Changed the World
  • The Crowns of Croswald (The Croswald Series, #1)
  • 20th Victim (Women's Murder Club, #20)
  • The Bookshop of Yesterdays
  • Miss Meteor
  • Tune It Out
  • The Herd
  • High School Debut (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1
  • Pain Studies
  • The Swap
  • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
"Dear Readers: I wrote the Legends of Orkney series for my twelve-year-old son who challenged me to write something he would enjoy reading. The Red Sun is filled with exciting characters who struggle to find their true path. Sam learns so much about his past and how to overcome his anger, but will he continue to use his power for good or will he be drawn to the dark side? I hope you enjoy reading ...more

The Witches of Orkney (3 books)
  • The Blue Witch (The Witches of Orkney #1)
  • The Rubicus Prophecy (Witches of Orkney, #2)