Start by marking “The Secret of the Villa Mimosa” as Want to Read:
The Secret of the Villa Mimosa

The Secret of the Villa Mimosa

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  474 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
A beautiful Jane Doe with no memory of who she is or how she got to the bottom of a treacherous ravine; and a psychiatrist who joins her on her search for her identity.

Dr. Phyl Forster was intrigued by the lovely woman who had been recovered from a San Francisco hillside and taken to the hospital where Forster was a resident psychiatrist. When Jane Doe regained consciousne
Unknown Binding, Large Print, 603 pages
Published November 5th 1995 by Thorndike Press (first published December 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret of the Villa Mimosa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret of the Villa Mimosa

Saleh MoonWalker
Onvan : The Secret of the Villa Mimosa - Nevisande : Elizabeth Adler - ISBN : 745136591 - ISBN13 : 9780745136592 - Dar 603 Safhe - Saal e Chap : 1994
Oana
I'm only writing this out of hatred. Pure human hatred. And I hate the book even more, considering it isn't bad. Cute idea, good descriptions and beautiful writing. Some stupid situations and plot holes, true, but that's another story. I will exclusively talk about the lead female character, because comparing to her, everything bad in this book seems pure genius. I cannot even remember her name, that's how she pissed me off.

She is SO stupid. I mean, too stupid to even exist. While I was reading,
J Jahir
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
2.75 estrellas.

sí, éste se llevaría el puntaje más bajo de los que no me gustaron. la trama podría haberse sacado con más jugo, pero hay una cosa que entorpece todo: el sexo y las aventuras ocasionales de la psicóloga que estaba ayudando a la chica a recuperar su memoria. siendo alguien con su profesión y con la voluntad de mantenerse fuerte y de centrarse en la chica, se deja llevar por sus bajos instintos... cielos! yo pensé que iba a haber más de lo otro! pero no voy a negar que sí hay acción
Neema
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
An easy read. I enjoyed it.
Wendy
Apr 18, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: nobody - it's kind of crap
Shelves: fiction, romance, e-book, 2010
Nancy
Nov 05, 2014 added it
John Mcconahey
I’m an action mystery fan, but I wouldn’t classify this book as such. It’s a fascinating and intriguing romp through three generations of wealth and how genealogical factors have affected the lives of a few of principal characters – both living and dead – interspersed with enough coincidences that even a few of the players feel obliged to comment about them.

A young girl becomes the target for assassination (with unknown motive) and is disposed of in remote woods near San Francisco. She survives
Booklady
Jul 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Set in San Francisco, Hawaii, and France, all exotic locations for me, thiss book is another Adler gem. I enjoy her stories because they are easy reads, have exotic settings and either very normal characters or over the top evil villains ("You must pay the rent") types. These villains always get their due and I like that. No loose ends. The main character in Villa Mimosa is Bea French who has lost her memory because she's been thrown from a ravine and left for dead! How's that for a bad situatio ...more
Karen
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
The plot has some amazingly improbable coincidences woven through it, and the main character is...stupid; I was screaming at her in my head. But that being said, I must have liked the writing style/basic story/setting or something, as I DID read it twice...but will not read it three times.
May 12, 2016 rated it liked it
A well crafted murder mystery with a very dated cover. Interesting if not overly complex. The killer is a wolf in designer clothing and you spend the book waiting for the main characters to figure it out. Adler's descriptions of locations was great and she "paints her scenes very well."
Mary Anne
great mystery/romance
Goerge Moyer
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A good read with lots of suspense.
Bonita Adair
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
A fun and suspenseful read!!!
Judith A.
Poorly designed

Total reliance on coincidence and stock, silly physical descriptions. Paring back generations would have made few interesting characters more plausible.
Jenny Granby
Oct 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Elizabeth Adler books are a great escape! They are mystery/romance in a vacation spot that she writes about it great detail!
Marian
Aug 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was a fun summer read!
Peggy
Feb 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction
Horrible! Just horrible
Claudia (CJ)
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Forgot about this one, but read it when it first came out in 1998. A woman looses her memory, and her doctor trying to help. Enjoyable read, far away places too.
Stephanie Dahlberg
May 31, 2016 rated it liked it
I didn't love this book but parts of it kept me reading it. I am surprised by how vitriolic some of the criticism is, even unkind.
Erica
Jul 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spooky
Super creepy.
Annie Myers
Jun 17, 2007 rated it it was ok
I wasn't crazy about this book.
Marie Hornster
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • The Chalice: A Glastonbury Ghost Story
  • Secrecy
  • Shadow Dance
  • My Lady Judge (Burren Mysteries, #1)
  • Blowing It
  • The Millionaire's Rebellious Mistress
  • What Happens in Vegas
  • Spanish Magnate, Red-Hot Revenge
203833
Born in Yorkshire, North England, Elizabeth Adler met her husband Richard (an American) while both were working in London. They have lived in England, Ireland, France, Brazil, and the United States and have traveled extensively. They have one daughter and live in Palm Springs, California. Her first novel, Private Desires (also titled Leonie), launched an enormously successful writing career, she a ...more
More about Elizabeth Adler...