Start by marking “How to Get Lucky” as Want to Read:
How to Get Lucky

How to Get Lucky

A sexy standalone romance written by #1 NYT Bestselling Author Lauren Blakely and Award-Winning Romance Narrator Joe Arden!

Every man knows there are lines you don't cross. Like this one -- don't bang your boss's little sister.

Too bad I didn't know sexy, clever, irresistible London is related to the guy who signs my paychecks. Would have been helpful to have that intel
Published January 20th 2021 by Blakely Arden Books (first published January 18th 2021)

To ask other readers questions about How to Get Lucky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Get Lucky

Start your review of How to Get Lucky
Red Cheeks Reads
5 SMOOCHES!

I’ve read thousands of romance novels over the years, but for whatever reason, I just never got into audiobooks. I think I thought – very mistakenly – that they weren’t going to be my thing. As the 2020 holidays crashed down on me, and I was suddenly dawn-to-dusk busy with preparing to make this holiday season special for my family during a time when it felt anything but. I remember thinking as I was wrapping presents how all of this would be better if someone was reading me a story.
Dali
Facts: How To Get Lucky is a standalone, contemporary romance by Lauren Blakely and Joe Arden. It is a told from the hero’s point of view with some chapters from the heroine’s friends’s group chat. Genres/Tropes: Contemporary Romance | Rom-Com | forbidden romance

Hero: Teddy Lockhart is a DJ at Edge, a club with an all-male revue, he also has a radio show but his end goal is to have his own business deejaying. He’s a great guy who loves his family, helps the elderly and rescues dogs.

Pam Nelson
First Congrats to Joe and Lauren on a great book!
Teddy and London are a fun couple and the way the come about is exciting.
I had a hard time with the romantic connection and I think that was just on me.
Teddy has a lot of background story he is working through and I don’t think I really realized just how hard his past plays a role in his choices.
London is a fun character and though we don’t get her POV often the parts we do are my favorite. I felt like I was on the group chats with the girl it w
Elisa ❀
Jun 13, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
summary: love at first sight, forbidden work romance.
(low angst)

as always Lauren's books are good, the audiobooks are even better, and the covers...WOW!
this book is only on his pov, but we get some chapters of her group chat with her girlfriends.
even though we don't get her pov, i still connected to her.
Rochelle
Jan 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
OMG, this book was so good. Lauren Blakely and Joe Arden (yes that Joe Arden) came together and wrote a book that will have you laughing one minute and then swooning the next. The banter between Teddy and London was so much fun to read and then the chemistry between them was off the charts. Loved how they brought these characters to life. You could not tell that this was his first time writing a book. They both killed it. Loved this read and can’t wait to read more from either of them.
lowkeyreader
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know I said this in every one of my reviews, but you can really never go wrong with Lauren's writings! It will always turn out amazing! Teddy and London's story is no different. It is sweet, it's funny, it's swoony.

They don't have much in common, but somehow they fit perfectly with each other. Everything about London and Teddy's story was just beautiful. Their chemistry, their banter is just amazing. They made me laugh like crazy and swooning the next. I truly enjoyed Teddy and London’s love s
Lynn Mullan
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Narrator Joe Arden teams up with the Queen of rom-com in this sweet, sexy, romantic comedy that has all the feels. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Melissa
***ARC And ALC provided courtesy of the Authors***

It’s safe to say the world knows I’m a huge Lauren Blakely fan. If she writes it then I’m reading it. I am also a HUGE Joe Arden fan so I was very intrigued when this duo announced they were writing a book together. How To Get Lucky is a fun, sexy, incredible ride. Once I started I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face if I tried.

How To Get Lucky tells the tale of Teddy and London. I absolutely adored Teddy. He was the perfect mix of adorable, hot
Pamela Lilley
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forbidden romance at its best. Lauren Blakely is a firm favourite of mine, and as a fan of her audios I’m used to listening to Joe Arden’s scrumdidlyumptious voice. Now we get to hear his written word too. When Teddy ‘DJ Insomnia’ Lockhart and London Hollis first meet they have instant spark. It’s sweet, it’s sexy, and their banter is truly endearing. These guys are just too cute. They have so much in common, including the fact that they’re both dog people, the inclusion of rescue pit bull David ...more
Monique
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I had a few doubts when I saw that this book was a collaboration, because some work and some definitely don't, but I am happy to say this one works extremely well! It took me a chapter or so to get the groove of the vibrant, energetic and spirited Teddy Emery who falls for London Hollis instantly. She was vivacious and sparkling which matched Teddy to a T. They discover they are both science nerds and dog lovers amongst other things. It is all moving along swimmingly until she discloses that she ...more
Jodi
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to get my eyes on the much anticipated author debut release, How to Get Lucky, from Joe Arden, which he co wrote with Lauren Blakely. I have been a fan of Joe’s narrations and Lauren’s books for quite some time. I knew I would not want to miss out on this fantastic collaboration!

This story is told through Teddy’s point of view (first person) with a few added texts from London and her Woman Power Trio. Teddy is a deejay at a Male Revue show in L.A. Teddy loves his job, but longs
Elizabeth Clinton
Lauren & Joe have written a fantastic new read, you will not only fall for Teddy but London is his perfect match. Their love of science, dogs and ice cream brings them together, but their can only be one obstacle in the way.
Who knew that the girl your falling for might just be the one you can’t have, watching the fun times they have together makes you cheer them on more. Sometimes you have to take that leap to find your HEA and fingers crossed it works out the way you want.
Heidi
3.5*
Really wish I could have felt more for this adorable audiobook. Love Joe Arden and his combined effort with Lauren Blakely is commendable. I mean it has everything I love: puppies (rescue pittie specifically), Jane Austen references, and sexy book narrators. I probably was not in the right headspace for this book, and I feel bad about that. Ultimately, it is a cheesy, sweet read with an abundance of borderline-cringy sexual innuendos and a nicely tied up ending with bonus epilogue and outta
AMcGee
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was sweet, funny and gave me many nergasims!! love me some Austin references. A fantastic collaboration between Lauren and Joe!
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
How to Get Lucky is a new standalone by the ever-talented, Lauren Blakely and narrator, Joe Arden! Fun, right? Joe has been narrating Lauren’s books for years and now they have written one together. And it’s so good!! I laughed so hard. Kara says I have a twelve year old hidden away inside me. 🤣

Teddy is a deejay for a male revue show but that is not his endgame. He wants get his side-hustle up and running so he can become a full-time DJ for events such as weddings, dances, corporate, and everyth
Jeeves Reads Romance
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021-arcs
This has got to be my favorite book from Blakely in almost a year (which, considering how many books she publishes, is saying something), and I can only attribute that to the addition of the adorably sexy male perspective. It's a quick, playful read with a whole lot of sweetness, and it absolutely flew by. Sitting somewhere between 4 and 5 stars for me, this is the kind of book that I devoured in one sitting, but isn't likely to leave a lasting impression. It's easy, charming, and highly readabl ...more
Rachel
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Teddy is building his reputation as DJ Insomnia, working a radio show, at a nightclub, and building a growing side business he hopes will one day be his main gig. His bread and butter for now comes from the nightclub, where he has developed a close knit group of friends and some great contacts. He knows the nightclub is good steady work for now, but he has goals that will have him leaving the club at some point, if he can take a chance on himself.

London is excited for the change to cho
Kim
Jan 13, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-5-stars
Teddy Lockhart aka known as DJ Insomnia spins tunes at a male revue and radio show as well as working on getting his new deejay business off the ground. Even though he is around an environment that oozes sex, his own experiences have not been that adventurous due to a long term relationship and then a bad breakup about a year ago that cost him more than just the girl. Now he would like to get lucky and maybe sow some wild oats he never had the chance to.

London Hollis appears in his lif
Mel
5 stars!

The first time London and Teddy meet, there is a spark. They have an amazing first date and then they discover an important detail about London. Her brother is Teddy’s boss. Having previously experienced what can go wrong when you mix your job with your personal business, Teddy won’t make that mistake again. It’s a huge disappointment because they have a genuine connection.

Despite trying to extinguish the spark between them, the more time they spend together the closer they grow as does
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
How to Get Lucky is a new standalone romance written by Lauren Blakely and Joe Arden. It's a laugh out loud, sizzling boss's sister romance that I absolutely adored! I love when authors collaborate and I was excited to see how my favorite author and one of my favorite narrators wrote a book together! Let me just say this: I loved it! When they meet, Teddy doesn't know she's his boss's sister. They have an instant connection and they bond over dogs, sushi, and music. Teddy is trying to get his ne ...more
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I loved this one, from the beginning to the end. I don’t think I can justify a proper review for this one. From the minute I started reading this book all I could hear was Joe Arden’s voice in my head, lol

But let me just say, Teddy was totally sweet, sexy, hot and adorable and funny. London was a bit quirky, smart and had lots of sass. What more do you want from two characters. And the connection between them was amazing.

Teddy is a DJ at a male Revue show. He enjoys his job but wants to own his
Bree Lauren
♡ Boss's sister romance
♡ Cinnamon roll hero
♡ DJ & choreographer
♡ Great audiobook narration

I was so excited to read this book as it is one of my favorite narrator's very first books he ever wrote. I've watched interviews with him and have always liked the things he's had to say, so I was curious to see what his first romance novel would be about.

Lauren Blakely books are hit or miss for me, content-wise, but her audiobooks are always outstanding because she cares about the audio and the narrators.
Lisa Stinson
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was fantastic. If I didn’t know that this was a book co-written by a first time author, I would have never been able to tell. This was truly a great romance put together perfectly. Teddy and London were just the cutest and most fun couple I’ve read in a long time. There was the perfect amount of fun flirty banter mixed with the growing emotions of a new relationship.

Both of these characters wanted to do what was right but ultimately the heart will lead you down the path you are destin
Liz
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5-stars!

How to Get Lucky by Lauren Blakely and Joe Arden was such a fun and delightful read! I have been reading and listening to Lauren’s books for a long time and just love them. I have also been a huge fan of Joe Arden the narrator and with this debut, co-writing with Lauren, I know I will be a huge fan of the author as well. They are quite the duo. The story was enjoyable and charming.

Teddy meets and feels an instant connection with London. They have a great time together but imagine his
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
"Congratulation to Lauren and Joe for an outstanding romance.

Teddy and London were such a fun couple to get lost in, I absolutely loved their story. Teddy was a great mix of sweet and sexy, London felt like she could be your best friend, she has such a spunky attitude and lust for life.

They have an incredible connection to one another, it starts as a wonderful friendship that moves on to so much more. Their chemistry is off the charts hot, and I love sometimes a book flows and doesn’t have a lot
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Two thumbs up, Five stars, all the signs of approval for this story. I loved so much about it.

The main characters of course. London and Teddy were great. I loved their spark. They had a lot in common and I really enjoyed the building of their relationship.

Even the title had more meaning than I initially thought. Teddy wasn't just trying to "get lucky" in the physical sense.

I loved the mostly male POV. I don't get to read that much but it was so well done. There were a few moments that we got
Chris
What I loved most about this book was the immediate spark between Teddy and London. The wonderfully sexy show build up of their friendship and right on into lovers was absolutely perfect! From their sense of humor to their love of dogs, you can't help but love Teddy and London. I really enjoyed how Lauren and Joe brought in more of London by using the text messages between her and her besties, Olive and Emory.
Joe did a wonderful job bringing Teddy to life from the pages of the book. He gave us t
Cat Nunez
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-books
I loved this book!! Teddy was the perfect hero, he loved to read, loved dogs and he was a really nice guy, besides he was really sweet with London and he was honest with his friends and everyone he knew. London was amazing too, we don’t read much from her perspective but I enjoyed her chats with her friends and the connection she had with Teddy from the beginning.

The book is easy to read and I really enjoyed all the moments between Teddy and London. At first they tried to fight their chemistry b
Laurie Anne
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great leap into writing with this funny & adorable book. I love this Joe and LB, aka the queen of rom-com, collaboration . From the eplilogue I knew I was in for some comedy gold. Joe didn't waste anytime reeling me in with the music, movie and #romancelandia references.
Not going to lie, I loved his homage to the 'Pegasus ' and I loved the roles played by Erin, Emma & Maxine ! They really added something special to the book and the outtakes almost stole the show!!
Pop in your Airpods and
belle ☆ミ (thisbellereadstoo)
i liked that london and teddy were honest with their feelings. whether be it them realising they want this thing between them to grow more than just skin-deep or falling in love and openly talking about it. the main conflict surrounds london being teddy's employer's sister. due to a prior bad experience, teddy was afraid of jumping into a relationship when business is in the mix. however, he just couldn't resist the charming and sexy london. overall, i had fun reading london and teddy's story. t ...more

• The Bromantic Comedies: Six Short Audio Plays for Fellas
  • The Stud Next Door (Frisky Business, #3)
  • The Grumpy Prince (Rugged and Royal #2)
  • The Hookup
  • The Bookworm's Guide to Dating (The Bookworm's Guide, #1)
  • The Pact
  • Lies & Lullabies (Hush Note, #1)
  • The Rebel (Looking to Score #1)
  • The Crush
  • Headlines (Prime Time, #3)
  • Ice Hearts (Fury, #2)
  • My Brother's Roommate (Frisky Business, #2)
  • The Invitation
  • Roped Tight (Ryker Ranch #4)
  • Lessons from a One-Night Stand (The Baileys, #1)
  • Hard to Score (Play Hard, #3)
  • Falling into You (Falling Stars, #3)
  • Let it Show (Juniper Ridge, #2)
See top shelves…
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's sweet, sexy and witty. Her heroines are strong and smart and her heroes have hearts of gold and fantastic funny bones. She'd love to give you a free book today! Check out her web site to grab your free read: https://laurenblakely. ...more