Start by marking “The Mermaids Melt at Dawn: A Collection of Kindred Yarns” as Want to Read:
The Mermaids Melt at Dawn: A Collection of Kindred Yarns

The Mermaids Melt at Dawn: A Collection of Kindred Yarns

Faraway, on the edge of a sapphire sea, there’s a fabled island where Cajun folklore meets Greek mythology, where the bayou meets the sea, and where humans meet mermaids.

On the surface, The Mermaids Melt at Dawn appears innocent enough, but the swamp hags and sea witches of old remind us that appearances can be deceiving. Filled with fascinating characters, a touch of roma
Published July 19th 2020 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about The Mermaids Melt at Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mermaids Melt at Dawn

Start your review of The Mermaids Melt at Dawn: A Collection of Kindred Yarns
Tatiana
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thank you so much to the author for sending me a copy of her book!

What captivated me was the cover. I am attracted to beautiful covers, it is usually my way of telling if I want to read the book or not. The Mermaids Melt at Dawn was just as beautiful as the cover foretold and I was so glad I got to experience this story.

Soleil's writing is beautiful. It is clear that she is a storyteller at heart. One for a love of mythical creatures, the supernatural, and mythology! The book is told through the
Dianne
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Almost dreamlike in its presentation, THE MERMAIDS MELT AT DAWN is a dark fairy tale that has all of the atmosphere of the supernatural mysteries of the swamplands as legends of merfolk come to life. From warring mermaid sisters to the determination of a young Cajun man and his fascination with a mystical island, Barbiche, where it was said the mermaids sang their victims into their clutches.

Heavily peppered with the dialogue of the region, I found myself pulled out of the story to understand wh
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
This fairy tale is for adult eyes only.

Rok’s character development was handled marvelously. There were times when I shook my head at the ways he described the mistakes he’d made in life. He had a knack for talking his way around them without addressing the matter head on, especially when it came to his unwillingness to take full responsibility for his choices. I was as fascinated by this slippery part of his personality as I would have been exasperated by it in real life. Having such an importan
Kat
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Deep in the bayou, Rok is a rowdy Cajun boy who was raised on the stories of the mermaids of Barbiche Island, who hold their own terrible stories.

While dragons will always be my favorite mythological creature, mermaids come in at a very close second. From beautiful and sweet to ugly and terrible, the stories about them kind of run the gamut. As soon as I saw the title of this one, I couldn't resist. Add in mythology and folklore and Poseidon and I was hooked. I was actually antsy to start The Me
Rose Auburn
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Mermaids Melt at Dawn is a collection of nine connected stories which twist, straddle and blur fantasy genres. We met Rok Lejeune, a runaway Cajun raised on folklore and Bajou magic who undertakes the perilous journey to Barbiche Island in order to meet with the fabled ‘coquillage’ mermaids. Once on Barbiche Island, the legends of the merfolk take centre-stage in a mythological telling of suffering, revenge and the ageless, infinite struggle for love, acceptance and survival.

The Mermaids Me
Paige Green
Feb 23, 2021 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: I received this ebook from the author. Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Book: The Mermaids Melt at Dawn: A Collection of Kindred Yarns

Author: Grendolyn Peach Soleil

Book Series: Standalone

Rating: 3/5

Recommended For...: mermaid lovers, fantasy, historical fiction

Publication Date: July 19, 2020

Genre: Fantasy

Recommended Age: 18+ (romance, slight violence)

Publisher: Indie Published

Pages: 75

Synopsis: Faraway, on the edge of a sapphire sea, there’s a fabled island where Cajun folklore meets
Book Reviewer
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Mermaids Melt at Dawn is a modern-day fairy-tale written by Grendolyn Peach Soleil. This book weaves an intricate tale that follows many intriguing characters. It starts with the story of one little boy named Rok, who grew up with his grandparents. His grandmother is rumored to be a sea witch. Rok hears about a fantastical story from his grandfather about the island of Barbiche, also known as the land of the mermaids. The story then changes from different points of view to follow mermaids an ...more
Jennifer Rose
Mar 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Grendolyn Peach Soleil thank you so very much for the opportunity to read this book!!

First, can we just take a moment to admire the the book cover. This is absolutely STUNNING! Also, can we take a moment to admire Grendolyn's writing also? This is where we are taking our moment.............

Okay, now that we have taken our moment. WOW, this book may be a short one but it was amazing. One that I am buying and putting on my shelf because I definitely want to read it again!

Rok, who is a cajun boy, g
Hailey Dawn (page_pixie)
Mar 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Holy mother of fairy tales, this book captivated me in every way. The stories were soul deep, based in roots of Cajun folklore and Greek mythology. Rok was such an interesting character and narrator. The stories in his life stood perfectly fine on their own, but wove a beautiful connected tale all the same. I found myself wanting more by the time I finished.

I could feel the atmosphere, and hear the voices. The writing is absolutely magical. Lyrical and mystical.

If you're looking for a quick read
Audrey
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
How to describe a book so rich in imagery? The Mermaids Melt at Dawn is a descriptive story about a rowdy Cajun man on a hunt to understand and tame the wild monsters that plague his family history. It weaves soft and beautiful French undertones with bold and brash bayou flavor. On top of that, a strong mythical and Cretan story comes to life and grabs the reader, pulling them down into the deep, dark, fantastically terrifying ocean from which the mermaids swim.
Luna
May 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Mermaids Melt at Dawn is a unique and captivating read for me. It was a peefect escape read if you want to enter something more into the depths of tales.

Rok's view of life was something really inspiring when it comes to being determined to reach a goal in some point. The world building was described neatly and I love how it made my reading experience of this book into something more mystical.
Ruth Job Salamanca
Mar 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thank you so much to the author and Feather and Dove Tours for the ebook 😊

I really loved the flow of the story and me at a trancelike state from the beginning up to the very last page 🤩 It’s a quick read that you’d just gobble up and just make you yearn to read more 🥰 I won’t be opposed to reading more than a few pages for sure!
Ally Marshall
Apr 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
A fun, quick read! Filled with Greek mythology, tales about mermaids and grim fates for almost everyone involved - this dark fairytale was a fun adventure that I really enjoyed!

Thanks Grendolyn for sending me on a copy, I am very grateful! :)
Jessica
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful beautiful beautiful. One of my top books I've read this year. ...more
Lianne Anta
Mar 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was such a beautifully unique group of short fairytales that all interlink. The writing was poetic and just enthralling. I loved how the Gods of Olympus were included and how the writing Flowed perfectly from story to story. I loved learning about the mermaids and their human interactions.

Really well done and very enjoyable
Amit Kumar
Aug 24, 2020
Lili shhh
Sep 17, 2020
Grendolyn Soleil
Sep 19, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ode Ray
kris
Mar 22, 2021
Lisa Rauls
Mar 22, 2021

• Gild (The Plated Prisoner, #1)
  • Learn My Lesson (Wicked Villains, #2)
  • A Trial of Sorcerers (A Trial of Sorcerers, #1)
  • Desperate Measures (Wicked Villains, #1)
  • Power of Eternity (Druid Duo Book 1)
  • Ares (Contemporary Mythos, #3)
  • Shadow Crusade (Primordials of Shadowthorn #1)
  • Tarnished Empire (Dark Shores, #0.5)
  • Snapshots
  • Come Fill Up My Cup
  • I'll Remember April
  • The Bone Shard Daughter (The Drowning Empire, #1)
  • The Secret Angels (Darya Nandkarni's Misadventures #2)
  • Section Roads
  • Spoiler Alert (Spoiler Alert, #1)
  • Newton's Cradle
  • In the Country Dark
  • A WEE HISTORY OF MINE
Grendolyn Soleil is the award-winning author of The Mermaids Melt at Dawn and The Chronicles of Granny Witch. She is a member of the The Independent Author Network. Soleil was born in the Appalachian Mountains on a full moon. She is an old soul, a mermaid whisperer, and a folk magic fiend. Soleil has a sweet tooth for chai tea and fairy tales. She loves poetry and sunsets, all things vintage, tale ...more