Start by marking “Bloody Heart (Brutal Birthright #4)” as Want to Read:
Bloody Heart (Brutal Birthright #4)

Bloody Heart

(Brutal Birthright #4)

Dante's Story: Brutal Birthright Book 4

She Cut My Heart Open…⁠

I only meant to steal a car. I didn’t know I was stealing a girl, too. Until the most gorgeous face I’d ever seen popped up in the rear-view mirror.⁠

I fell hard, fast, and forever…⁠

But she tore out my heart — left me alone and bleeding.⁠

How can I forget her, when I have to see that damned perfect face on bil
Kindle Edition
Published October 28th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Bloody Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloody Heart

Start your review of Bloody Heart (Brutal Birthright #4)
arissa
Aug 20, 2020 marked it as to-read
Ok I read the sneak peek, now I'm so ready for Dante and Simone.

***
Just found out this is Dante's book with NOT Riona.

I'll live…

***
Riona and Dante. Right?! RIGHT?!
Sammy ❤️Just Let Me Read Blog ❤️
Bloody Heart is an angst filled second chance romance that will break your heart into a million pieces before putting it back together again. Sophie Lark gives readers a highly-charged, emotionally captivating story that will grab them tightly and won't let go until the very end.

I have been looking forward to Dante's story from when we first met him in Brutal Prince. The oldest Gallo brother is dark and intense, with a brooding nature that conceals a deep hurt caused by the one person who meant
Patricia's Book Kingdom
I was never raised to fall in love like this. Without reason or choice. Only wild, intense obsession.
I never meant for this to happen.
But now that it has, there's no escaping.
I belong to Dante. And he belongs to me.

I had absolutely an amazing time reading Dante and Simone's story. Dante was always a huge mystery and his story was everything I imagined it to be.

Simone and Dante meet under rather unusual circumstances when Simone is just 18 years old. It's attraction at the first sight and it
Kate V
Dec 02, 2020 added it
DNF at 34%.

I'm not going to rate this because I didn't get halfway through it. Sophie Lark is a good writer and she writes a lot of different stories and I will pick up the next book in this series.

Unfortunately, this book just has every single plot device I don't really enjoy reading. Second chance romance, secret baby, young MCs in the beginning and then flash forward to the future. If it had had one or two, I definitely would have continued. Simone is not a likeable character and I found her
Ellen
Oct 28, 2020 rated it liked it
The trouble with expectations

The trouble with expectations are that sometimes they are met and sometimes it is more difficult to do.

I waited eagerly for Dante's story. And I loved Simone, even if I wanted her to be stronger in her youth. About half the book details the start of Dante and Simone's relationship while they were barely adults at 18 and 21. The other half their tumultuous reunion.
I didn't feel the same connection with our young MCs and their rocky path as I did when they meet again a
Courtney
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
They come from two separate worlds but are driven by love and passion. Simone comes from a strict family that rivals royalty and her future is already paved for her even though she doesn’t want it to be and Dante’s path is and always will be the family. They shouldn’t work but in a short amount of time they find passion, love, and a bond that can’t be denied. From the previous books I knew Dante’s story would be heartbreaking because he walked around taking care of others but was always brooding ...more
Nikki
Nov 23, 2020 rated it liked it
This was.. ok, I guess. It was a bit disappointing comparing it to the first three books in this series. I couldn't connect with both the characters and I didn't even like the story - sometimes I even hated it. The only good thing about this were the last few chapters, because the action there was again perfect and Sophie wrote it so well.

The connection between Simone and Dante.. I still can't see it even after finishing the series. Why do I feel like Dante is more close to Riona than to Simone
Copper78
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: secret-baby
Aly
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely my favorite book of the series so far! Dante has been an enigma for the last three books so I am ecstatic that we were able to dive into his head and see his past. Dante definitely has been through the most trauma out of the Gallos and Griffins and parts of this broke my heart. He may be a mountain of a man, but I just wanted to hug him after reading this.

The beginning of the story stars eight years ago and tells us how Dante met his soulmate and then was ripped away from her
CRlovebooks ❤️
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
My favorite ❤️
Sophie Lark
Dec 05, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
At long last, Dante's story! I know you guys were the most excited for this one. It's my longest book yet -- epic in story, timescale, heartbreak, and angst. And epically spicy too -- be warned!!! There's a scene with a belt that had me dragging Mr. Lark into my writing room. As an added bonus, you'll meet Raylan, who will return as the hero of Broken Vow.

Join the Love Lark Letter:

Brutal Birthright Series
geni.us/brutalbirthright
JenMcJ
Nov 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, ku
This author is really good at making me believe the characters love each other and writes in a way that I think they actually get to know each other, spend time together and don't just base their relationship on lust. I felt that in this one. I think the devotion on Dante's part borders on obsession but in an intense way I could buy into. I felt like the sex scenes were intense and passionate. Unfortunately, for much of the book, Dante and Simone are not together and this drags down a lot of the ...more
Illa
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it

A46134-DA-7446-40-A5-9468-6970948-C5-D35

The words use and overall review shouldn’t reflect personally on the author or any other of her series and books.

A no spoilers review

A beautiful story about Second Chances, about true love, About a love that you can’t let go of. Destiny brought them together, Destiny ripped them apart. We meet them as free lovers, hiding to steal kisses. Enjoying hiding on every corner they could find to love each other.
Nine Years Later everything wasn’t like it used to.
Dante a man who can be said was liv
K.  Ramjohn
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bloody Heart is the 4th book in the Brutal Birthright series and its Simone and Dante's story. These two were from different worlds and were complete opposites but from the time they met it was instant attraction. The story was emotional, fast paced, action packed, steamy and suspenseful. Told in dual POV, this novel will have you hooked until the end and was given to us in both the past and then 9 years later in the present. This latest addition to this series was a great read. I enjoyed it and ...more
jordane
“I love you, Simone. I have always loved you, and I will always love you. I’m never going to stop. Wherever you go, whatever you do, you have my heart in your hands.”

This was okay, but very insta-love. Their relationship wasn't really developed when they were younger and the same happened when they reconnected 9 years later. The ending was more action-packed and I enjoyed it, but I would have liked to see more scenes with Dante, Simone and Henry together because it ended very quickly.
Sara F.
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I literally could not put this book down until I finished it in the wee hours of the morning. It is amazeballs good! I am still thinking about it and Dante and Simone are some of my very favorite people-characters. What a thrilling, romantic, heartbreaking romance! I love second chances because of the angst factor but oftentimes the reason for the couple’s original break-up leaves me flat. This was so perfectly done and each character’s reasons and actions made complete sense. And I was on the e ...more
Athena D.
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 STARS

Dante and Simone’s story is a second chance romance you definitely don’t want to miss! Bloody Heart by Sophie Lark is a MUST read that will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ELITE!!!
Ivana
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I really loved this story. I admit to being angry at Simone for leaving and hiding the truth from Dante. It felt like she gave up on him. Dante seemed more consistent about his feelings throughout the book. I loved how the story wrapped up since there was no unnecesary drama with her parents or between the two of them. This series never disappoints and I'm looking forward to the next book.

I received an ARC of the book via Book Sirens.
Jessie
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first three books of the series, I thought of possible scenarios and directions this book might go in and WOW!!!! I never expected this book to be what it was. I loved this book! This is my new favorite book of Sophie’s and I love love love Dante and Simone!!

As we all know, Dante Gallo is the oldest of the Gallo siblings and known for being the proper gangster with his brooding, grunts, and massive size and height. Simone Solomon is the youngest daughter of politician and inter
Jeanne Jabour
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My new favorite, sexy, Sophie Lark novel!
I begin this review with a confession, I fell in love with Dante's character, he is my type of guy, and I may have had a little crush on him from his introduction in the first novel in this series. By the time I finished Bloody Heart, I was full-blown, all out, head-over-heels, down for the count, IN LOVE with Dante! And even though I KNOW in my heart and head that he is fictional and in no way compares to my beloved husband, I am a romantic at heart and
Julie
Dante is a Gallo, we’ve met him in the previous books. A mafia boss’s son, nothing and no one is out of bounds as far as Dante is concerned. Living fast and loving his life.
Simone is a new face, the youngest daughter of a diplomat, brought up to be a young lady, groomed to do as she was told. But Simone wants more, she wants to design, to make pretty clothes, but when her father tells her no, Simone knows she will never have the life she wants.
They meet by accident, wrong time, wrong place (or
World Of Books 65
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav, must-read, mafia
Another masterclass in writing by Sophie Lark. Brutal Birthright has been the must read Mafia series of 2020!

Bloody Heart is the 4th book in the series and I must admit Dante and Simone are my fav couple. There story completely blow me away, it wasn't what I was expecting; it drew me in kept me hooked till the end! The chemistry is explosive the suspense 5* - Well done Ms Lark!
"It's not normal, I love you....like I'd destroy anything that tried to come between us. Like I'd burn the whol
Lucy (HonestlyBookReviews) Joyeux
I've got this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

When I started reading the book, I thought I'm reading about Riona's story, but as I saw Simone's name...I realised I'm reading Dante's story and I wouldn't wait to read it even more!

The story starts with the meeting of Simone and Dante. They soon become more than just two random people. They have passion and this love for each other, but they also have two VERY different families. Something like Romeo and Juliet had. Dante's family i
Lynn
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, arcs
All I can say is WOW!

Dante is the tough as nails older Gallo brother and Simone is the daughter of a diplomat that has lived all over the world. When Dante has a deal go bad, several split second decisions bring him and Simone together in an unexpected way. They are of a different breed and come from two extremely different worlds but those worlds quickly come crashing together the moment their eyes meet. That one moment is all it takes.

Because they are of different backgrounds, their families
Pbiis314
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ANOTHER GOOD BOOK - DARN GOOD SERIES

Dante is the man, I know I said Miko was the man and he is in terms of intel and strategic thinking. But Dante was a mofo alpha! No holding back...damn dude went all in with no hesitation with his pops, her pops, or anyone that was going to put a wedge between him and his Simone. The emotions were intense, you could feel it jumping off the page. Phew...hot and scorching. Simone, didn’t know what hit her this man was the MAN, not no boy, unsure of his feelings
Lexi Cubbins
We've basically always known that Dante was a miserable grump because of the one that got away.
Well, in Bloody Heart we don't only get their HEA but the story behind their first love and heartbreak.

Simone comes from a wealthy family and lives a relatively sheltered life. It's like new doors open when a beautiful stranger steals their car. With her in the backseat. Dante is the kind of man she's never known before, a man who leads a life she can barely imagine.
Their love is powerful, but not ind
JP
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, booksirens
4.5 ⭐️
Bloody heart was a second chance romance. The writing was good. Dante and Simone had a very different kind of romance. Sometimes I felt uncomfortable about Dante’s moods. A true crime family, so to speak.
This is my 3rd book by SL and I really enjoy her stories. The s*# scenes were a little rougher than I like but I thought the story was great.

If you love romance with a HEA, then I think you’ll enjoy this.

Thanks BookSirens for this ebook, in exchange for my honest review.
Ashley Fritz
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A new auto-buy author!

Sophie is DEVASTATING. The spicy scenes are perfect - sexy and dominant with little overt violence, and the relationship building always goes beyond instant attraction. The plot always moves and the writing itself is strong and quotable. This book will break your heart, set your panties on fire, and satisfy you.
Bette Hansen
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable

This was a very enjoyable read with a nice Romeo and Juliette type romance at the center. Lots of emotion, steam, and action keeps the story moving at a nice pace. Recommended
KL
Nov 02, 2020 rated it liked it
**Possible Spoilers**

I was really looking forward to Dante’s story and overall I loved Simone and Dante.
But I guess my expectations were set too high so this book fell flat in the end, especially the storyline.
I didn’t like that so much time was spent on their relationship in the past. While I appreciate the backstory, I wish the focus was more on the present. I really liked the angst surrounding their reunion but it felt too rushed.
It is also more due to my personal preference, but I’m not a bi

• Dark Captor (Dark Syndicate, #2)
  • Ruthless Prince (Dark Syndicate, #1)
  • Unholy Union
  • Mr. D (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Daimon (Guardians of Hades Romance Series Book 6)
  • Tarnished Empire
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Wicked Liar (Dark Syndicate, #3)
  • Bloodied Hands (Bellandi Crime Syndicate, #1)
  • Legacy (Montgomery Brothers, #1)
  • Midnight Sommelier (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Angel Unseen (Unseen MC #1)
  • Lies He Told Me: A Dark Mafia Romance (Bratva Crime Syndicate Book 1)
  • El Diablo II
  • Titan (Dark Kings, #1)
  • Violent Beginnings
  • Scars He Gave Me
  • Gold Mine (Diamond, #2)
Intelligent Women & Powerful Men

Join the Love Lark Letter:

Sophie Lark is an Amazon Bestselling author who writes intense, intelligent romance, with heroines who are strong and capable, and men who will do anything to capture their hearts. She lives with her husband, two boys, and baby girl in the Rocky Mountain West.

She has a slight obsession with hiking, bodybuilding,

Brutal Birthright (6 books)
  • Brutal Prince (Brutal Birthright #1)
  • Stolen Heir (Brutal Birthright #2)
  • Savage Lover  (Brutal Birthright #3)
  • Broken Vow (Brutal Birthright, #5)
  • Heavy Crown (Brutal Birthright, #6)