Start by marking “On The Rebound (Steinbeck U, #1)” as Want to Read:
On The Rebound (Steinbeck U, #1)

On The Rebound

(Steinbeck U #1)

From the author of the bestselling Rixon Raiders, comes a brand new college sports romance

They say your first love leaves a mark.

For Calliope James it didn't only leave a mark, it tore out her heart and left it bleeding on the ground.

He was her best friend.

Her first kiss.

Her everything.

Until one day, he wasn't.

Zachary Messiah will never forget the girl with eyes the color
Published December 11th 2020

To ask other readers questions about On The Rebound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On The Rebound

Start your review of On The Rebound (Steinbeck U, #1)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
2e0pm6g
a3
MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

'ON THE REBOUND' Is a full length college sports romance novel by L.A. Cotton. Told in dual perspectives. Get ready to meet our hero Zach and our heroine Calli.

This was everything I was hoping for and more, all the stars, all the angst, all the feels! These are the types of books I chase, where my emotions get all scrambled up and I go from feeling the highest high to the lowest low, this was such
Wendys Wycked Words

Wow... I really needed this !!

I was hoping this one would push all the right buttons and I am so glad that it did. I don't know what it is about ya books, especially with a "sports" setting, that makes me devour them. Must be that I am trying to relive my youth :P

We've also got a "second chance love" trope going on right here. You see, Calliope and Zachery used to be the best of friends, and after some growing up together, they became so much more than that. That is until something happens that
Beeg Panda
SPOILERY

readers love this kinda thing
authors will not write this trope if people didn't buy it or sign up to review it

then there are readers like me who don't enjoy Romances driven by ONLY misunderstandings, lack of communication and evasion
there are some tropes I can read over and over again but not where the ONLY cause of conflict are misunderstandings, lack of communication and evasion
it doesn't add a sense of mystery to my reading experience
I don't find it entertaining
it’s not intri
Dora Koutsoukou
I am proud of myself that I managed to read 60% of the book. After that I dnf it.

The characters were lacking of depth and were not that likeable. Too much push and pull, Callie was pathetic, Zach was an arsehole and they had a lot of baggage that it was suffocating.
Trying to find out why Zach broke up with Callie, became tiring and exhausting!
I was so fed up that I didn’t even read any more as to get the answer of their breakup!
No, thank you!
Angie
I was fourteen the first time I’d fallen in love with Zachary Messiah. A naïve girl with nothing but stars in her eyes and love in her heart.
I wasn’t that girl anymore.

Misunderstandings, missed chances, and miscommunication abound... 4.5 stars!

I discovered LA Cotton earlier this year through her Verona Legacy series, and she has quickly become one of my go-to authors when I want an angsty and emotional read. And even though I love angst, I feel ON THE REBOUND let the angst carry on a little
♡tanaz♡
4.5 stars for Zach and his "sweet pea" Calliope!

THIS BOOK WAS EVERYTHING!!!

Childhood friends turned lovers turned scorned exes? CHECK.
Asshole athletes? CHECK.
Heartbreak and angst? DOUBLE CHECK.
So much sexual tension that it made my goddamn ovaries burst? TRIPLE CHECK.

"Calliope James was woven into my soul. A dark stain that no matter what I did, who I fucked, I couldn’t get rid of.”

This follows the story of Zach, who we got a glimpse of in the last book of the Wicked Bay series. Zach first met
Mahima
Jan 13, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** 3.5 stars ***
So it took me way too long to finish it (ughh...exams).
But when I'm done with it. Let me put some facts here.

Things I liked :
◾Hero Heroine had their problems. It seemed too relatable and real. No doubt some points/twists were repeated and already heard of in one book or another but atleast the situations seemed very real.

◾The writing style of the author is good. I think I'm reading this author for the first time but the way of expression is good.

◾The story/plot was cathcy. It w
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

“On the Rebound” is a standalone by the author L.A. Cotton. Told in dual perspectives , get ready to meet Zach and Calli!!

I still remember the first time I read a prologue or bonus scene of this book in the Halloween Anthology. I went absolutely nuts to get my hands on this masterpiece!! I marked it there and then on my calendar , and added it to my TBR!! The amount of anticipation I had for this one was immeasurable!

Zach and Calli were ever
nikita
this wasn't bad but could be better. coming straight to what bothered me
1. the reason why they hated each other. it was stupid because they could have clarified this but oh well
2. the hero in the beginning, idk I didn't connect with his character and his want to fuck his brother's girlfriend.
3. victoria, a very predictable character.
honestly, it could have done much better because the element of angst in this book was good. had very promising potential.
Meredith Wilson
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
On The Rebound is the first book in L.A. Cotton's new college sports romance series, Steinbeck U. Told in dual perspectives, this is Calliope James and Zach Messiah's story. A story that is jam packed with all of the feels. It's intense, angsty, passionate, juicy, addictive and heart-wrenching. I simply could not get enough of these characters that consumed me heart and soul.

Back in high school, Zach meant the world to Calli. He was her best friend, her first kiss, her first love, her first ever
Dali
With On the Rebound, L.A. Cotton has composed an angsty, sexy and heartfelt story about love and second chances.

When Calliope James decided to go to Steinbeck University to honor her deceased mother’s wishes, the last person she expected to run into was her ex-best friend. The first guy she ever kissed, the only guy she’d ever loved and had tried so hard to forget.

In the years since Calli betrayed him, Zach Messiah has erected a harsh and cold barrier around him. Because of a family tra
The Magical World of Reading
Every time I read a book by an author who is new to me I try to keep my expectations low so that the thrill is greater. And L. A Cotton has managed to leave me breathless this time. Her writing high jacked my thoughts from the very beginning, giving me everything I love in a book and more. Surely, I’ve read lots of amazing YA angsty romance, but this one here left me gasping for air and on the edge of my seat till the end, lifting this genre to a whole new level.
Trying to survive and start a new
Sentranced Jem
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was really enjoying it OH-SO-MUCH until the end.
That 'reason' for the hate kinda made me go "really?! that's it! All this for THAT?!"
Danielle's
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hate to love you. Rebound was heated and of angsty. It was everything I expected from a LA Cotton novel. The freebie Halloween sequel is worth reading before this.

Zach hates everything. The basketball team is the gift he didn’t want. The step in lifestyle wasn’t where he expected to be. The girls he used to love wasn’t out of his mind.

Cali is used to secrets. They are wants made her strong. When she arrives at college she doesn’t expect the secrets to run so deep. Her ex, Zach is king of the
Keri Loves Books
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There Is No Rainbow Without The Rain
An emotionally charged and deliciously seductive sports romance! And the angst!!! His hold on her never waned. You’re going to love and hate him in equal measure. Young love that turned to hate, but in the end their connection could not be denied. Hold onto your heart, it’s going to get taken on a roller coaster ride of emotion.

Zach is angry. He has so many reasons for it, but it’s slowly destroying him. He’s just transferred in to SU to take over and lead the
Snow
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh my...I0m on a roll here...
*sigh* and *sigh, again*

Anyhow, I expected something different to tell you the truth...
This was the most awkward book I have ever encountered LOL

Damn, first of all, the time span is weird, like the characters fisr hooked up when she was 15 and he was 17, so...gah, and everything went downhill from there....a lot of things happened, loss, grief, resentment, anger, and "misunderstanding"...

after that, we jump into the "three years after", they are in college, she's 18,
niteskycs
just read the free prequel on ibooks and sports romance with exes angst and a dark edge? i’m sold!
Jessica Alcazar
Okay, so I've read the book, I have thoughts, but they are not all that positive so I have to think!
Standby for full review!
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4,5 "BHS (Basketball Haters Society)" stars***

AVAILABLE NOW

"Love wasn't real. It was a lie people told themselves to feel better. Love didn't make a person strong, it made them weak. It made them vulnerable. If you weren't careful, love had the power to ruin you."

I have read so many genres by L. A. Cotton and seriously, this woman excels in each one of them, but for a reason, I love her sports romances the most!!!
This was a very beautiful story, full of pain, heartache, friendship, an
Bec
I have read a few of this authors books. Mostly sports high school college romances. I think I’ve outgrown them especially high school. It’s become a little uncomfortable since my kids became high schoolers 🤪

This one is a second chance romance which I’ve read a lot of. Not involving secret kids though so there’s that. These guys were best friends, shared firsts, understood each other etc but all of a sudden Zach treats her badly and they’re not friends anymore. She battles on being left by her d
Rachel K
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
*•.¸✽ Damjana ✽¸.•*
2.5 STARS

When I was looking for my next read I chose this book because of:
⇨ enemy to lovers
⇨ second chance
⇨ college sports romance

But here are some things you need to know if you plan to read this book:

✔ Up to 45% I loved this book, it was everything I mentioned above. Very fast paced with right angst increasing.

✘ After 45% everything went south. H and h were wallowing in endless misery, this was caused by author repeating same facts thousand times through the story. Thousand times same th
Athena D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS

Holy smokes was this book beyond amazing. I love enemies to lovers stories, then throw in a second chance romance and you've got PERFECTION!!! Zach and Calli's book is filled to the brim with so much of... EVERYTHING! You'll get it all to the extreme—the love, the hate, the ups, the downs and so much more! I am eagerly anticipating the rest of the Steinbeck U series! I could not put this book down. On The Rebound by L.A. Cotton is an EPIC read that will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-
Anna Valsa
Dec 19, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To much high school drama. And they weren't in high school.
I wish I dnf it!
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars

This was one of my most anticipated books for December ever since I read the Halloween prequel novella, Trick or Treat. I had been dying to read these two's story since then and omg was it worth the wait.

Zach and Calli's story was an angst-filled one. Their second chance romance was filled with some pretty explosive moments, their chemistry was out of this world and the hate/love they had for each other just made it that much more amazing. It made the story so entertaining but
Larissa Rye
Dec 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
4-1/2 Stars!

Sometimes boys can be so very dumb & vindictive. Zach was the bad boy you love to hate. He was so angry & I couldn’t understand why. He definitely had the right to be so angry & feel trapped.

I spent most of this book trying to put the pieces together. I kept wanting scream communication is key everything Zach & Callie were anywhere close together. It all makes sense in the end though.

Callie, god she was so freaking strong. She didn’t deserve to be treated like she was by so many pe
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Review to Come
Alexa
Dec 09, 2020 rated it did not like it

Review : On The Rebound by LA Cotton

⭐️ : DNF

This is my first DNF of December, and it wasn’t all bad. I read to 75% and honestly couldn’t get through it anymore. I really loved LA Cotton’s Rixon Raiders series, so when I heard she was writing another series I was stoked! This book is a second chance romance with an ex.

I like the overall idea of the story, Calli is going to college with her brother who hates her and realizes her ex who is a basketball star transferred to the same school. They h
Anne Milne
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author has only gone and done it again, she made me fall for the broken bad boy. Zach personifies everything I love, the irresistible broken bad boy from the past who's angry at the world especially Calliope even though she has no idea why. Sweet Calli broken after a tragedy and let down by the ones who are supposed to be there for her. I loved all the angst, you have Zach fighting expectations and obligations and Calli fighting memories and mean girls and both of them fighting their feeling ...more
Flor ❁
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Campus Player
  • Tough Sh*t (Rejects Paradise #1)
  • Victory at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #5)
  • Cocky F*ck (Rejects Paradise #2)
  • The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football, #1)
  • Devil's Pass (The Harlequin Crew #0.5)
  • Heart Stopper (Rebels of Rushmore, #1)
  • Reign (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High, #3)
  • Never His Girl (Kings of Cypress Prep, #2)
  • The Not-Outcast
  • Beyond the Roses
  • Una Historia de Ayer
  • All In
  • Kiss To Forget (Blairwood University, #2)
  • Hate Me
  • Left For Wild
  • The Other Side of Blue (The Other Side of Us, #1)
Angsty. Edgy. Addictive Romance

Author of over thirty mature young adult and new adult novels, LA COTTON is happiest writing the kind of books she loves to read: addictive stories full of teenage angst, tension, twists and turns.

Home is a small town in the middle of England where she currently juggles being a full-time writer with being a mother/referee to two little people. In her spare time (and