Start by marking “My Hair Went on Vacation” as Want to Read:
My Hair Went on Vacation

My Hair Went on Vacation

Hardcover
Published August 4th 2020

To ask other readers questions about My Hair Went on Vacation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Hair Went on Vacation

Start your review of My Hair Went on Vacation
Cover Lover Book Review
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an adorable book. My Hair Went on Vacation is an upbeat and positive story of a young girl’s explanation and acceptance of her alopecia. She accepts her condition as a way to stand out and shine and celebrates her baldness.

The colorful cover art and the full-page illustrations are adorable and enhance the story nicely.

When my kids were young, one of their classmates had alopecia. At the beginning of the school year she wore a wig, but when warmer weather came, she decided not to wear it any
Debbie Smith
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wasn’t sure what to expect when I picked up this picture book. A story about Rosie, a little girl with Alopecia. Hmmm. But folks, I was pleasantly surprised. This book is incredible.

If you read the description of My Hair Went on Vacation, by Paula Quinn and illustrated by Chirara Civati, you found that this is a little girl’s journey with alopecia.

The book is in verse, which is not usually my favorite, but it flowed and felt very child friendly. The illustrations are colorful and totally compl
BreeAnn (She Just Loves Books)
I loved this book. There are so many children dealing with things, and I think it is so important to help other children understand those diseases, situations, or other things. This story features a little girl’s story of alopecia universalis and how her family helped her feel comfortable by creating scarves out of her artwork.

I loved that this was about a real girl, Rosie. When I read a book with my children, we love to read the information at the end of the book that talks about the author and
Ibjoy1953
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

My Hair Went on Vacation is the cutest book about Rosie and her medical condition that keeps her hair from growing. I love how Rosie and her mom Paula talk about the ways Rosie deals with the condition at a young age. And they do it in the most unique way, so children and adults alike can understand and enjoy.

I have never known anyone with this condition so I am happy for the opportunity to learn more about it through this book. I adore the beautiful illustrations by Chia
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This children's book is about a beautiful little girl named Rosie who suddenly loses her hair because of the disease alopecia universalis. In rhyming verse, the author introduces us to Rosie and her journey to self-acceptance. It's a book that teaches children to love themselves as they are and to be proactive.

This is such a lovely book! And it's based on the true story of the author's daughter. The reader can't help but fall in love with this little girl whose inner joy helps her not only come
Connie Saunders
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
'I woke up one morning, quick out of bed, to find curls on my pillow instead of my head.
I felt so confused by this weird situation. My hair wasn't in its usual location!'

Children who suffer from hair loss will feel so special to have a book written especially for them. Author Paula Quinn and illustrator Chiara Civati have perfectly captured the emotions of a special little girl named Rosie who has lost her hair because of an autoimmune disease called Alopecia. The easy-to-read rhyming text and
Dawn
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I chose to read this book after receiving a free copy. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

What an inspiring story for children as well as adults! Rosie is a real person and her mom is the author, Paula Quinn. When Rosie lost all of her hair, she wasn’t fazed. She was diagnosed with alopecia, but she would tell people that her hair went on vacation. She showed others how to love yourself even if you’re a little different…especially because you’re a little different.

It’
Jody Joy
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My Hair Went on Vacation is an inspiring story about a little girl named Rosie. Rosie suffers from a medical condition that prevents her hair from growing. A lovely story about loving yourself the way you are. The illustrations go with the story impeccably. This book is for both young and old. I enjoyed reading this book, as I know others will as well. This is appropriate for ages 1-6 in my opinion, my grandson is 6 and enjoyed it as much as I did.

I would like to thank Paula & Rosie for the ARC
Connie Carpenter
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My hair went on vacation is a well written childrens book that deals with alopecia. The book shows how the young girl, Rosie, becomes proud of her baldness.
I love the message of this book - be proud of the skin that you are in. I read this book with my 9 and 7 year old and they enjoyed it. It did spark some conversation to what alopecia is, what causes it, etc.
The book is beautifully written and illustrated. It would make a great edition to school libraries.
I received a copy of this book thro
Betty
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely delightful book! Paula finds a way to help her daughter accept her hair loss and feel good about herself just the way she is. And now Rosie wants to help other children like herself all over the world. The illustrations are fun and colorful.

What a beautiful book about loving yourself the way you are. The book illustrates that not everyone looks the same, and that is something we should accept and celebrate. The author does a great job with the rhymes, and the illustrations are vibr
Jasmine
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My Hair Went on Vacation is a children's book that tackles the subject of alopecia, which is an autoimmune disease that causes hair loss. The story follows Rosie, a young girl who wakes up one morning and discovers her hair has fallen out.
Rosie decides to make up a story about her hair taking a vacation, traveling to different locations. But she soon discovers that having no hair makes her a target for other kids to whisper about and point at.
Feeling saddened by this, she turns to painting, an
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
A little girl explains her hair loss, caused by a condition known as alopecia, to others in this little picture book, told in rhyme, and illustrated in lovely colors.
Amy
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My Hair Went on Vacation is a good book for younger readers by Paula Quinn. I thought it was an inspiring story of a little girl named Rosie, who is suffering from a medical condition that keeps her from having hair. I, also, find it to be an important one to share with children. Everyone – young and old – need to understand that we are all different and need to be nicer with our words. Especially, when we do not know what another is going through. Sometimes we can all learn life lessons from a ...more
Emma M.

• Animals at the Office
  • In the Nick of Time
  • M.C. Plays Hide and Seek
  • Dear Brave Friend
  • Explore the World of Chemistry: The Ultimate Alphabet Book for Nanoscale Scientists!
  • Dragons Don't Dance Ballet
  • I Can Handle It (Mindful Mantras, #1)
  • Mia and Nattie: One Great Team!
  • This Is The Earth
  • It's Me
  • The Boy Between: A Mother and Son’s Journey From a World Gone Grey
  • Beauty Among Ruins
  • Journey To A New Earth: Penelope Panda and Kobi Koala Discover A New Earth
  • A Rush of White Wings (Out of Ireland, #2)
  • The Gold Digger (True Colors)
  • God's Unstoppable Breakthrough: When Your Mountain Doesn't Move, Go Over It!

News & Interviews