Jump to ratings and reviews

By the Bay #6

Decidedly with Luck

Masquerade ball rule #1: what happens at the ball doesn’t always stay at the ball.

Oops.

A chance encounter with a masked stranger at a charity ball led to an incredible kiss and a night of hot sex. The kiss was my goal for that night, a baby step forward after my husband’s death a year ago. The hot sex? Not so much.

You know what else hadn’t been my goal?

To be knocked up by a man whose identity is a mystery to me.

So now I’m preparing for my impending motherhood and planning a fundraiser to provide books for foster kids.

The latter is where hot hockey player Logan Mathews comes in...

****
The last time I saw Kiera Ashdown was the night of the Jingle Balls masquerade ball. She’d wanted her first time with a man after her husband’s death to be with a stranger.

After my NHL team trades me to San Francisco, where my daughter and ex-wife live, I’m determined to be a better father and not repeat past mistakes. My hockey career and my daughter come first.

The last thing I expect to discover is that Kiera is my seven-year-old daughter’s teacher. The last thing I expect to learn is that she’s pregnant with my dead best friend’s child.

And the last thing I want to admit is that I was the one who made love to Kiera—several times—the night of the ball.

Because if she ever found out that I’d lied to her, I could lose her friendship. I could lose so much more...

Decidedly with Luck is a standalone romance. All the books in the series can be read in any order.

ebook

Published January 28, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Stina Lindenblatt

33 books783 followers
Born in Brighton England, USA Today bestselling author Stina Lindenblatt has lived in a number of countries, including England, the US, Finland, and Canada. This would explain her mixed up accent. She has a kinesiology degree and a MSc in sports biological sciences. In addition to writing fiction, she loves photography, and currently lives in Calgary, Canada, with her husband and three kids.

To receive an email when Stina releases a new book or has pre-orders available, sign up for her newsletter over at https://stinalindenblattauthor.com/ne...!

Stina can be found on her website: https://stinalindenblattauthor.com

VISIT ME ON INSTAGRAM

VISIT ME ON FACEBOOK

VISIT MY AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

Join me in my Facebook group Stina’s Sweethearts for hot guys, fun times, and exclusive giveaways. Just click on the image below to visit me there.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
11 (4%)
1 star
4 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 122 reviews
Profile Image for Lisa (A Life Bound By Books).
1,107 reviews748 followers
December 29, 2020
4 Stars!!! Stina has done it again!!! I think I say this with each of her books, but third ones a new favourite of mine!!! These two characters - Kiera and Logan - are just,... I loved them!

There’s loads here with these two together and apart. And I can’t say much so I don’t give anything away, but,... yeah. Loved it SO MUCH!

During this one my emotions were all over the place. There were swoony moments. There were moments that make your heart hurt a little. So many emotions all over the place.

As always with Stinas books, they’re well written and the story just flows off the page. Honestly this one was hard to put down! I read it all in almost one sitting. I couldn’t get enough of this story and the journey these two went on.

This was without a doubt one of my favourites of hers. And while each book can be read as a stand alone - and you won’t be lost - there are little bits here and there that if you start at the beginning you’ll have a more rounded reading experience. Plus each book in this series focuses on a different couple, within the same world. Which, having read the previous books it’s always nice getting to see those couples and where they are in their lives again.

Highly recommend! Can’t wait to see what she writes next.

***I received a free ARC copy of this title for my honest review.

(Writing this at 4am. Might be edited at a later time. So please forgive me for any typos)
Profile Image for Stina Lindenblatt.
Author 33 books783 followers
Read
February 25, 2021
The steamy, laugh-out-loud romantic comedy DECIDEDLY WITH LUCK releases January 28, 2021 on all vendors. It will also be available in audiobook (read by Tim Paige and Isabelle Ruther).

It's the perfect winter read if you enjoy surprise baby romances, masquerade balls, sexy hockey players, second chance romances, and friends-to-lover romances.

Pre-order the novel now: https://books2read.com/DecidedlywithLuck

Or follow me on Bookbub to get a release day alert >> http://bit.ly/BookbubStinaL

Except:

Kiera

How did I feel Project Kissing Under the Mistletoe was going?

I thought it was going well. But what did I know?

Flirting and reading the signs had never been my superpower.

Not even close.

But as far as I could tell, Grayson seemed interested. I was positive that before we’d been interrupted, he was leaning in to kiss me.

Or maybe that was wishful thinking.

But if he had kissed me on the dance floor, would it have counted when it came to my goal for the night? It wasn’t as if there was mistletoe hanging where we’d been standing.

I surveyed the crowded ballroom but couldn’t find a single sprig of the plant anywhere.

That was okay. As an elementary schoolteacher, you learned to be flexible.

A kiss was still a kiss. The lack of mistletoe didn’t change that.

Through the etched glass of the double French doors, I caught a glimpse of the mountains. Moonlight reflected softly off the white snow.

For some unknown reason, the mountains beckoned to me the way a rich, creamy brownie beckoned to a chocoholic.

Read the first chapter >> https://bit.ly/DWL-chapter1
Profile Image for Carmen Rae.
1,421 reviews164 followers
February 4, 2021
So, honestly I can't remember a single thing about any of the previous books in this series. Except that I enjoyed them. So when I saw the sign up for this one I was all over it.

Then I read the blurb and I was even more excited. A whoops baby with a stranger, who isn't a stranger. I was dying to watch it all unfold. And every time I though I knew what was going to happen next I was thrown another curve I didn't see coming.

And I'll admit I had moments where I was wondering how something like that happened. But then in the next sentence I completely understood it.

Logan and Kiera had a lot of communication issues. And normally that has me wanting to throw my kindle but in this case I got it. They both kind of backed themselves and inadvertently each other into corners that weren't easy to get out of.

In the end everything played out in a way that was easy to read. And I was really happy with the ending. Despite their initial stupidity they both acted maturely and didn't do anything rash or stupid. Which I think helped me deal with their communication difficulties. That and they both owned their stupid without finger pointing.

Hopefully we get Eli's mystery wedding date story next because that's a book I'm dying to read. Kisses
Profile Image for Simply Love Book Reviews.
6,893 reviews820 followers
February 1, 2021
My 2021 reading hadn’t started off on a high note, with several mediocre reads and a couple of DNF reads and then I picked up Decidedly with Luck by Stina Lindenblatt and it was the breath of fresh air I needed. This book has several romance tropes going on including a one night stand with consequences, a secret baby AND secret daddy (yep, it’s kind of a thing in this book), and reunited friends to lovers all giving it these delicious twists and turns and making it a delight to read.

Kiera and Grayson (aka Logan) meet at a masquerade ball, but Logan knows exactly who Kiera is, the girl he had a crush on in college and his old friend’s widow. Kiera has decided she’s through mourning and wants a one night stand with a stranger and she picks Grayson not knowing he’s her college study partner/friend and her late husband’s friend. She insists they keep their masks on and she enjoys every moment of their time together but she lives in San Francisco and he lives in Chicago and she decides it was just a delicious memory to carry with her, until he is traded and into her in a place he never expects and finds out she’s expecting.

This was a very full and busy story, but throughout it Kiera and Logan form a friendship that becomes more, but Kiera is carrying a big secret with her, one she’s afraid is going to bring her entire life crashing down around her.

I loved that Logan was able to be in his young daughter’s life more and it was clear he was a good dad to Livi. That’s not to say he didn’t make mistakes in the past, but he’s working to be better. I enjoyed the relationship he had with his ex-wife and her new husband, it was clear they all put raising Livi first.

Kiera…she was a bit of a trip and she made a lot of mistakes in this book that hurt a lot of people. It wasn’t malicious, she was overwhelmed with the news of her pregnancy, she worried about what everyone would think, she had pregnancy hormones flowing through her and she was a mess. I liked her a lot, I think she was a good person and she was excited about being a mom, but her house of cards came tumbling down big time around her.

Logan and Kiera had chemistry in spades and the fact that they’d liked each other in college but her late husband Stephen made the first move and they did fall in love, but their feelings resurfaced and Logan was excited to be around during her pregnancy and help keep her happy in all ways. I think they were good for one another.

Decidedly With Luck was a breath of fresh air, the writing was crisp, the plot was full of twists and turns but not filled with angst, and the characters were flawed but easy to like. I found it impossible to put this book down and I loved every minute of it.

Review copy provided for a voluntary review.
Profile Image for Mandy Grepares.
53 reviews1 follower
January 22, 2021
****I received an ARC from the author for my honest review

Where do I even begin. There were so many different emotions that I felt when reading Kiera and Logan's story. I felt joy, happiness, hope, and even fear.

There was joy and happiness everywhere throughout the book. Livi was adorable and always brought a lot of light to everyone she came in contact with. There was even joy when Kiera found out about "Love Bug." I think she was ready for that step in her life, even of this is when fear comes in. She was afraid of how people would react if they knew she got pregnant from a "one night stand." She was scared of how Grayson, aka Logan, would react. When the truth finally came out I felt pure elation! I was ready for the happily ever after I knew was coming as soon as Kiera and Logan admitted their love for each other. I loved this book and highly recommend to everyone who adores a second chance at love romance.
Profile Image for Ilaria 🌸.
580 reviews35 followers
January 10, 2021
Kiera and Logan story is nice and cute
Kiera meets Logan at a masquerade ball for a non profit org and they are masquerade they know each other from college times and liked each other but life decided different paths for them now but first big hole in tre plot she do not recognise him ... meh
Kiera is widowed and Logan is divorced
They sleep together and she gets pregnant andddd she do not tell him meh again
Besides these two big holes in the plot
Who behaves likes this ?
This is nice and well written
Decidedly with Luck by Stina Lindenblatt. #DecidedlywithLuck #NetGalley
[NetGalley URL
Profile Image for Cali Gal’s.
1,056 reviews137 followers
January 27, 2021
I was excited to read this book. I love surprise pregnancy books. It definitely lived up to that troupe which made my heart happy. This story is character rich which is something else that I love. I have not read this author before but I assume with all the side characters there are some other storylines in what I am guessing is a series. Hmmm. I might see more books in my future. Haha.

Ugh ok what didn’t work for me about this book. This heroine, Kiera drives me nuts. Yikes how do I talk about this without giving the story away?! Eek. My heart breaks for her in the beginning. To lose your husband. So sad. Having said that, she has to be one of the most immature, selfish, and cruel people. What she does to her former in-laws has my blood boiling. She is a liar and it is all to save her own reputation. *Cue eye roll* It was stupid too because in today’s world, no one cares.

Our dude, Logan is nummy and I like him a little more though he is playing games a bit himself. I REALLY like who he is as a dad and ex-husband. He is trying to make up for his miss steps, being a better man. He also is trying to not set himself up for failure.

So this book isn’t horrible but it triggered a couple of my pet peeves. Yes it suspends some believability but stranger things could and have happened. It is a romance book after all. Lol.

So yeah my experience reading this story was a bit all over the place. I went back and forth with this book. This story is a bit of a miss for me. Let me know what you think?!

Happy Reading Everyone!
Profile Image for patrick Lorelli.
3,012 reviews25 followers
February 4, 2021
I received this Arc for an honest review.
This story or at least the first part of it was in a book titled “Jingle Balls”, in that one you have hockey player Logan Matthews checking in to the lodge where his grandmothers’ ball is being held and sees Kiera Ashdown. She was married to his best friend who passed away a year ago, but they knew each other in college, had classes together yet he was too scared to ask her out and when he introduced her to his best friend everything was over.
Now hoping for a chance, they dance and talk, she wants to be with him only though with masks left on. When he wakes in the morning she is gone. He goes back to Chicago only to find out a little while later he is traded to San Francisco. Where his daughter lives and where Kiera is as well. He is surprised when he finds out that Kiera is his daughter’s teacher. Then they begin to work together on a fundraiser for books for foster children
Kiera ends up pregnant but the different stories she comes up with keeps this story going for you know at some point it will all explode and when the dust settles where will everyone land. He still has not told her he was the man behind the mask as well so can they find themselves back to each other or will all of this wacky story by the end of a friendship and what could have been more? Read this wonderful story and see what happens. A good book with really good characters. I received this book from Netgalley.com I gave it 5 stars. Follow us at www.1rad-readerreviews.com
Profile Image for Amy [Book Addict Reviews].
1,994 reviews149 followers
January 25, 2021
Stina Lindenblatt is a new to me author and after starting this book I immediately picked up the rest of the series! While this book is number 6 it can be read as a complete standalone.

Kiera and Logan met in college, they were friends and Logan was also best friends with Kiera’s deceased husband. The have a complicated history together, however, one night completely changed it all for them.

I loved Kiera and Logan’s relationship. I love that he was there for her and that he was supportive. However, at times they both frustrated me beyond belief because they were both keeping pretty big things from each other and I just wanted them to get it out there and move on. These two had loads of chemistry, though.

This story takes you on a journey. You feel for Kiera after learning she is a widow and is finally taking the step to move on after losing her husband, you’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll swoon and you’ll fall in love with the story. The moment I started reading I couldn’t put it down!

If you’re looking for a surprise baby, friends to lovers, hockey romance this is one to check out!
Profile Image for Julie Booklover.
940 reviews20 followers
January 7, 2021
By the Bay series book six, and it did not disappoint. As with all the books in this series, we have hockey and strong women. I enjoyed Kiera’s independence, a recent widow, school teacher, and philanthropist at heart. Logan has known Kiera since college and was her former husband's roommate. The setup for their reconnection is perfect. Now, if they can manage to get past all the snowballing white lies, they might get their happily ever after. The charm and sass of Logan's ex-wife and daughter are wonderful in this story. Will they find love a second time?

Thank you to NetGalley and the Author for the advanced copy for my voluntary review.
Profile Image for Trace.
45 reviews1 follower
Read
December 29, 2020
Just finished this wonderful second chance romances. Keira and Logan are wonderful and witty and incredible couple.
A mixture of his ex wife and daughter is wonderful.
Hearing about of couples we have gotten to know and love was wonderful.

Truly a couple that was meant to be together. Had some heartbreaking moments but
as usual Stina bring us our happy ending.

Highly recommended. Can't wait to for Eli's book
Profile Image for Irene.
1,845 reviews120 followers
4 stars

Decidedly with Luck by Stina Lindenblatt is a heartwarming read and I really enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the storyline, it's well written, sweet, romantic and entertaining from start to end.
And I loved watching Kiera and Grayson get their second chance at love.

Overall, Decidedly with Luck one of those reads once you start you don't want to put down.

*Thank you to the publisher via Netgalley for the advance copy.*
Profile Image for Jessica.
2,737 reviews20 followers
January 2, 2021
4.5 Stars
I greatly enjoyed this one! It’s about two people getting a second chance at love AND an accidental pregnancy. Did I mention Logan is also a single father, has a great relationship with his ex-wife and her hubby and he’s a NHL player???
That’s a lot of goodness packed into one story.
I should also mention she doesn’t know who the father of her baby is...
What?!?!
That’s right. Kiera doesn’t know Logan is the father of her baby.
Have I captured your attention now?
One-click this one!
Profile Image for Susan McClintock.
718 reviews12 followers
January 10, 2021
This is the 6th book in the By the Bay series, but can be read as a stand-alone. It has been a little over a years since Keira Ashwood’s husband died. She attends a masked ball and is determined to move on and kiss a stranger. She runs into “Grayson Matthews,” a handsome masked stranger. One kiss leads to more. Grayson, is Logan Grayson Matthews, Kiera’s late husband’s best friend. While Keira has no idea that “Grayson” is Logan, Logan does recognize Keira, and agrees to keep his mask on during their late night activities. Of course, three months later, Keira is pregnant and doesn’t know what to do. Instead of fessing up to an indiscretion, she lies and says that she was inseminated by her late husband’s deposit. Logan is a pro Hockey player and was traded to San Francisco and is surprised when his daughter’s teacher is Keira. I’ve read two of the prior books in this series and really enjoyed them, this one not so much. What kept me from enjoying this book was Keira. While I understand her embarrassment at the situation she was in, her constant lying had the potential to hurt so many people. Then, when she had the opportunity to come clean, she would chicken out. There were so many times I wanted to throttle Keira. If you want to be frustrated by a character’s inability to accept responsibility for their actions like an adult, this book is for you. If not, then read the other books in the series, you will enjoy them. I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley for my honest opinion.
Profile Image for Kodie Mackay.
961 reviews55 followers
January 25, 2021
Oh this was just the freaking sweetest.

Decidedly with Luck is one of those full circle, good feels romance that makes your heart happy.
This is my first Stina read but definitely won't be my last.

Kiera is trying to somehow move forward with her life after loosing her husband a year before. There was no drama or bad marriage either. She loved Stephen and he was a dotting husband to her which makes moving forward and actually living a whole lot harder for her. To give herself a push in the right direction she attends a masked ball with the intentions of getting a mysterious kiss from the perfect stranger and she most definitely meets that in Grayson. Let's just say she got more than she bargained for.

Fast forward a few weeks and she unexpectedly runs into her husbands best friend Logan when he attends the school she works at and she actually teaches his daughter Livi. Coincidence?.. I think not. Funny thing about Logan and Kiera is they actually used to be very good friends themselves and had more than friendship feelings for each other, unbeknownst to eachother years ago.

Does she dream about the masked perfect stranger or does she let whatever magic is brewing between her and Logan grow into something special?.

I loved this book. Kiera really doesn't have it easy at all between dealing with her grief and trying to figure out her life with all its sudden drastic changes. She at times was frustrating but also super relatable as character. She made questionable choices in fear and panic sure but she was honest about them and remorseful of the pain it caused. She was sweet and a little lost but she found her way and I really enjoyed watching her grow into her character.

Logan is a yummy hero. He has this super alpha side that lights a fire in your gut but he was also just super sweet. I loved that he was very honest about what he wanted and the mistakes he's made. I adored his relationship with his ex wife and the accountability they both took for their parts in their marriage ending. I loved that there was no animosity and their focus was completely on Livi. With one exception the man really was pretty perfect.

This story does have some real juicy drama but not the kind you'd expect. It's not super angsty or anything like that but there is some real oh shit moments that add some spice to the story for sure. I love the flow of the story and how Kiera's eventful journey unfolds. The characters are super relatable and very likeable as a whole which made for a great read and a very interesting story. I laughed, I swooned and I shed a little tear at the sheer sweetness of it. It really is that that come full circle kind of love that makes your heart happy.

I wish I'd read the others in this series first because I love knowing who all the characters are and what their stories are but that's me just being super anal about reading a series in order. It doesn't effect this book whatsoever which I was glad of.

Profile Image for Jess (ireadergosum) Reviews.
678 reviews20 followers
January 29, 2021
3.5 stars. When I first read this synopsis, I knew I was picking up this book.

↦ Mysterious tryst
↦ Accidental pregnancy
↦ Best friend's widow
↦ Hockey romance

Seriously, it’s like everything I could want in one book, so I obviously signed up to review it. I really loved Logan’s relationship with his ex-wife and her new husband. It was very healthy, and even though we all know it doesn’t always work out like that, it felt realistic. And it was refreshing to not have the ex-wife be a villain in the story. I also really liked that when Logan was very dedicated to Keira the whole time, even when he's confused on what they could have together. The friendships were wonderful as well! The women weren't catty and everyone was kind and supportive. Keira's friends supported her even when they may not have agreed with her choices. The story was not about people coming in between the two characters, it was really about the characters growth while handling really difficult situations they were found themselves in. Did they always handle it in a good way? Definitely not. I have to be honest and say that Keira was not my favorite heroin, which led me to have a lot of mixed feelings about this book. I know that sometimes we lie in situations where we’re trying to avoid disastrous outcomes, and I think that’s also a plot device that’s used in a lot of romances, but I felt like in this one it went a little too far. I think this is part of the reason why I thought the book was a little too long. Some of the lies could’ve been cut out or Keira could have come clean a little sooner in the story. That being said, it’s more of a personal preference, so while I kind of disliked Keira, I had a feeling that I would be happy at the end of the book. I am glad I kept reading, because I think the way the relationships developed was entertaining and I did like the ending. Thank you to Wildfire Marketing Solutions for the eARC in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog).
4,913 reviews153 followers
February 2, 2021

Universal

Kiera's evening with a passionate masked stranger has resulted in...yep, a positive pregnancy test, and she has no idea how to find her baby's father. So what does she do when her late husband's best friend appears in her classroom and is one of her student's father? The man to whom she had always cared about but had lost contact with? Will Kiera ever forgive Logan when she finds out the identity he had hidden from her?

I loved Decidedly with Luck. Logan and Kiera are just both such sweethearts and had that easy familiarity that old friends have, with that spark, that chemistry that you're lucky to have with your significant other. Serious chemistry, wonderful characters, hockey. What more could you ask for in a romance?

ARC via Wildfire Marketing Solutions for an honest review.

Review / Release Blitz: Live Through Books Blog.

Blog | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
1,896 reviews38 followers
January 30, 2021
Okay, so widow Keira decides at a masquerade ball to have a one-night stand as the first step in getting over her late husband. And she has no clue that her masked stranger is actually said dead husband’s best friend from college, ‘cuz they were both wearing masks, she hadn’t seen him in years, and his grandmother calls him by his middle name. When she finds out she’s pregnant three months later, Keira also finds out that her dead husband’s best friend’s daughter is one of her students. And Keira and Landon start a friends with benefits fling, even though they have liked each other since college, but neither ‘fesses up.

Okay... I was skeptical about how this would play out, but it worked. I really enjoyed this story. I loved how Logan and Keira reconnected and rebuilt their friendship, how he was there for her as a support system during her pregnancy, and how they dealt with both her late husbands and his friendly relationship with his ex-wife. I hated that Keira lied to her in-laws about the paternity, but it all worked out in the end. I thought these characters had great chemistry, and the details of the story were different than other accidental baby books I’ve read in the past.

This is the first book I’ve read by Stina Lindenblatt, and I definitely will be keeping an eye out for more books from her! Decidedly With Luck is part of her Decidedly With series, but is a true standalone. There are appearances by other couples who are friends with Logan and Keira, and those storylines are referenced enough for context without taking away from the H/h here.

I received an advanced copy and voluntarily left a review.
Profile Image for Nicole.
3,338 reviews42 followers
4.5 Stars
I love this author and it's a single dad romance sign me up. Then throw in Logan is a hockey player, yes please!! I gobbled this book right up. The characters has me sucked into the story. I loved Logan and Kiera. They have a history that just added another layer to the story. It feels like fate and Stephen are working some magic for these two. Logan's little girl is so adorable. Even the secondary characters are fantastic. I enjoyed Logan and Kiera's story, but I also enjoyed the friendships Kiera forms. It made me want to be part of the group. It's a mixture of different personalities, but one where everyone has each other's backs. This book starts with a masquerade ball and secrets that turns into something quite beautiful.
Profile Image for Cheryl.
1,351 reviews8 followers
January 28, 2021
I really enjoyed this book, my first in the Decidedly series but not my last. While I definitely think Keira needed to be a bit more mature in the way she handled the surprise pregnancy situation, I could help but like her and cheer for her. Logan was so great, as well. I loved the scenes with not only his little girl but his ex as well. Who says every past relationship need to filled with animosity?
While part of a series, Decidedly With Luck can certainly be read on its own, as I did. Ms. Lindenblatt’s characters were engaging and the pace of the book kept me interested from start to finish. I wholeheartedly recommend this read!
Profile Image for Christine.
1,530 reviews
December 26, 2020
Amazing second chance at love. Logan is one sexy man. Kiera is one sexy loving compassionate woman. They have a past. Kiera has some baggage. They make for one compassionate feisty couple. Love there connection and chemistry. Could not wait to see where they would go. Loved the ending can’t wait to read more from this amazing author.
54 reviews4 followers
December 27, 2020
I received an ARC of this book and it knocked my socks off! It was a book I had a hard time putting down (probably not the best book to try to read over the holidays).

This story is a continuation of the short story from the Jingle Balls Ball about Kiera and Grayson. They have a one night stand with an unexpected outcome which is just the beginning! There are so many twists and turns on the way to Kiera’s happily ever after.

A great second chance at love which I guarantee you won’t regret reading!
Profile Image for Jo-Ann Forrest.
2,318 reviews11 followers
December 27, 2020
Kiera is widow.and after one year of morning,she is ready to.move forward with her life. She goes to the Jingle Bells masquerade ball, where she meets Grayson. Grayson is there with his grandmother and the moment he sees Kiera he is smitten. After one night of unbridled passion , she walks away with the memory of an amazing passionate night. What's next for Kiera? Who is Grayson? No spoilers and this is a must read sensuous passionate story of love lost and new one found. I volunteered to review this story.
648 reviews1 follower
December 23, 2020
I recover an ARC from the author and this story didn't disappoint. A funny, entertaining, heart warming story about a first time second chance romance. When they were in college they never admitted their feelings for each other both got married and lived their lives, until fate and a masquerade ball brings them back into each other's lives. Well written, funny, sexy and sweet another hit for Stina. Loved it!!
Profile Image for Taz.
1,315 reviews43 followers
January 8, 2021
Logan has had a crush on Kiera since he met her in college, finding her again makes so much better. What was suppose to be a night of Kiera getting her groove back leads to a series of lies that take over her life. Kiera is overwhelmed discovering she is pregnant and it spirals out of control, Logan steps in to help right the course. This is a great second chance of love that Lidenblatt brings together in such an unique and fun way. Loved seeing past characters from the series in their current live.
Profile Image for Susa.
345 reviews
Liar, liar!
Hilarious story of how Kiera and Logan get to their happily ever after.
I had such a good time reading this book, it’s excellent entertainment with lots of depth and a healthy dose of life’s lesson learned.
Once started I could not put this book down, I can warmly recommend it!

I received the ARC to leave an honest review.
3,464 reviews
January 20, 2021
It's a cute story that had potential but the h decisions made it hard to like her, not that the H hadn't done anything wrong ( there's no cheating).
Keira is a widow trying to move on, Logan "Grayson" was her late husband's BFF. They both attend a masquerade but whilst he recognizes her he's a stranger to her.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book received from the publisher via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Profile Image for Anna Reads Here.
859 reviews174 followers
For those who like:
» A steamy start to a steamy book
» Hockey players!
» Gigglesnort moments
» Surprise pregnancy!
» Friends to lovers
» A second chance romance
» Single dad with a precocious kid

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ | Steam: 🔥🔥🔥

Review: I loved how quirky and funny this book was, but also had a lot of heart! Stina Lindenblatt is a new to me author, but I enjoyed this one enough that I’m going to put her on my list of authors to check out throughout the course of the year. And of course, as the sixth book in the series, you’re definitely going to be wishing you read the first 5 books. BUT, all that said, this book totally works as a standalone and I’m glad for that.

Decidedly With Luck follows Kiera and Logan through a romance that is both low on angst and high on feels. A year after losing her husband, Kiera has decided that she wants to try and move on. She’s not looking for a relationship, but she wants a little fun and she wants to find someone she doesn't know to have said fun with. So she ends up at a Christmas party with her sister and what do you know, it’s a masquerade. The perfect place to find someone to move on with and oh boy, does she! She meets Grayson and they spend a wild night together in one of the cottages and Kiera insists that they keep their masks on so they don’t connect on anything beyond the sex.

“A one-night stand. A forbidden romance with my best friend’s wife.”

Fast forward to three months later and Kiera is pregnant. She’s caught off guard and she decides to lie to everyone, because hello, who is Grayson and how can she tell her family that she got knocked up by a masked stranger at a Christmas party? Introducing Logan - divorced, single dad, hockey player who is also insanely hot and charming, duh - he’s had feelings for Kiera since they were in college together, but when his best friend laid eyes on her, Logan stepped aside. And now all these years later, seeing Kiera again has made him feel all those things all over again. And the crazy part? Remember Grayson, yeah, that’s Logan. And he remembers the night he shared with Kiera in vivid detail.

While there’s a lot of chaos and confusion and lying to not hurt feelings, I really enjoyed watching Kiera and Logan take a chance on each other. Kiera not only happens to be the widow of Logan’s late best friend, but also his daughter’s class teacher. And the more they interact with each other, the harder it becomes for them to avoid each other. Thanks to their history and their already existing hot chemistry, nobody is surprised when they take a chance at the relationship. But it’s definitely entertaining to watch, because Kiera is stressing about the pregnancy and the lies she’s telling everyone and Logan is trying to balance being a hockey player and a single father and controlling himself around Kiera.

So I had a few issues with the story..

All that aside, Kiera and Logan were perfect together. Very hot and steamy and so much fun. I really liked how Logan’s ex-wife is written, because instead of being a bitter and a bitchy woman, she’s wholesome. Sure, she’s got a new husband and all that, but she could still be really aggressive towards Kiera, and she’s not. Of course Logan’s daughter loved Kiera right at the start and that doesn’t change.

In this second chance, accidental pregnancy romance, you’ll find lots to be entertained by. I truly enjoyed all the scenes Kiera has with Logan, but also the scenes with her friends. I loved watching her make new friends and fit into a world she was never part of when her husband was alive. I also did enjoy the two main characters, despite the issues I had with the choices they made in life.

Thanks to Stina Lindenblatt and Wildfire Marketing Solutions for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Find more of my reviews on anna reads here
Profile Image for Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog.
2,289 reviews115 followers
January 27, 2021
2.5 stars. Unfortunately, this was not a great read for me. Decidedly with Luck is book six in the By the Bay series and is Kiera and Logan's book. Kiera met Logan in college and had a crush on him, but soon afterwards met his friend, Stephen, who pursued her hard. They fell in love and got married, with Logan being the best man. But Kiera is left a widow when Stephen passes away. After a few years, Kiera is ready to begin dating, or at least getting herself some. She attends a masquerade ball where she has a one night stand with a mysterious guy named Grayson. Only Logan knows that he is the one she slept with and he lied about his name. Kiera turns up pregnant a few weeks later. Then things get super messy when she lies about who the father is to everyone. Still, Logan supports her as a friend and they add in benefits to their friendship. But he has issues from his previous relationship, because as a professional hockey player, he was too focused on his job and not his marriage or child. What will happen when Logan (and Kiera) find out her baby is actually his?

I am a sucker for a surprise pregnancy book, but I did not like the way this story played out at all. I didn't really love Kiera or Logan. Logan was too laid back and just didn't seem to like Kiera enough to actually be in a relationship with her, until he found out she was having his baby. Kiera lied to everyone she knew for like 80% of the book. She hated disappointing people and feels embarrassed that she got pregnant from a one night stand. So she lies to everyone for the majority of the book, including her dead spouse's parents, her own parents and all of her friends, including Logan, who unbeknownst to her is actually her baby's father! She tells them that she and her husband had planned on doing fertility treatments when he died, and that she went ahead and was artificially inseminated. She lets her ex-parent in laws think they are about to have a grandchild and even finds out the gender for them, when she didn't really want to find out. Logan, for his part, knew they had slept together and never told her, or planned on telling her. So Kiera thinks her baby's biological father is a one night stand named Greyson (Logan's middle name) and she can't find him, even though she barely looked for him. The whole thing was a giant mess, all because she was a doormat who couldn't speak up.

Even without all the lies and miscommunications, the couple lacked chemistry all around. At 70% percent, she's still just a friend in the Logan's mind, even though they were sleeping together. At 90%, we're told they have an incredible three months of falling in love that we do not get to see on page. There was way too much telling and not showing. We never see any love grow between them. Also there were entirely too many uses of the word "horny" and all it's variations, which is just not sexy.

Overall, it was a shame that this book turned out the way it did. I wish that the lies and miscommunications did not last the entire book, so that we could have seen the couple falling in love. I have read a few others from this series and enjoyed them, but this was one just not good for me.

*arc provided via Netgalley for an honest review*
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 122 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.