Start by marking “Scrum e XP dalle trincee” as Want to Read:
Scrum e XP dalle trincee

Scrum e XP dalle trincee

Ho tradotto, con Luca Minudel, "Scrum and XP from the Trenches". Un racconto agile vissuto sul... fronte di guerra, per usare una fortunata metafora dell'autore Henrik Kniberg. È un testo che merita di essere riletto. Un messaggio molto chiaro di questo libro è che Scrum non è una ricetta e non è un insieme di 'best practices' da applicare come da manuale aspettandosi che ...more
ebook, Iralian translation, 157 pages
Published August 8th 2010 by InfoQ (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Scrum e XP dalle trincee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scrum e XP dalle trincee

Start your review of Scrum e XP dalle trincee
Kristoffer Dominic Amora
Scrum and XP from the Trenches was written as the author's testament that Scrum worked for his software development team. Here, Henrik Kniberg shares his actual war stories and shows us why Scrum is beneficial for the company and their clients.

While there are several books about Agile software development and Scrum, explaining philosophies, theories, and all about the conceptual framework, this book went down to the details on how to actually do it. The book begins with a little introduction and
Henk-Jan van der Klis
Back in 2007 Henrik Kniberg wrote Scrum and XP from the Trenches in a single weekend while feeling sick. Not that Scrum and XP practices caught him off-guard, but merely as time found at last to write down first-hand experiences. The book went viral, and Henrik Kniberg went on, consulting and coaching development teams at several companies. In 2015 it was time to revisit the first edition and update with newfound insights. Scrum and XP from the Trenches - 2nd Edition speaks of amazement how thin ...more
Chris
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There's one important lesson in this book: That our understanding of agile evolves as we practice it, because Kniberg annotates the second edition by emphasising some points and correcting quite a lot of others. The transparency and willingness to admit mistakes and point out both changed opinions and to other authors that developed better methods in the meantime was refreshing.

The short book is written as an experience report, and probably can be useful for people who never worked with an agile
Javier Quintana
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a must read for every scrum novice or mid level practitioner, which will help avoid common mistakes and give advices about the best approach to do Scrum in a daily basis since the Scrum guide is quite short and theoretical.

About the XP chapter, it's a brief poor summary of the methodology and maybe the title of the book makes you think different.

Last, clearly the author is not a professional writer and the way he writes and the vocabulary shouldn't be the reason to rate this book. I
Somayeh
good book if you are interested in agile project management
Askorbinka
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: professional
That feeling when you already practice Scrum exactly the way described in this book. Overall, it's a great real life manual on how to implement Scrum on the project.
Antonio Silva
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an easy to read book, full of examples that everyone can use on their own practice.
The book is written in a very direct format, almost like a dialog. We can feel the wins, the joy and sometimes the frustration of the author.
Most of the examples are described with great detail, however, in some cases, the author skips some steps and does not share the rationale behind the decisions made.

I will take some very interesting ideas from this book, and as an example: "Slack time between sprints"
Karschtl
Feb 23, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all: I like the style of writing. Very informal speech, feels like he's really talking to you, which in turn makes it easy + fun to read and understandable.

Secondly: The content (Henriks experience on Scrum plus tricks and recommendations how to do it) is valuable to me right now and probably anybody who is in the early (or even middle) stages of doing Scrum. But it should be read after already having some basic knowledge of Scrum and maybe even after having some practical experience wi
Costin Manda
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Wow! This book is a must read. Not only because it is short, well written and freely available online, but because it does what very few books manage to do lately: actually showing you how to practically apply the knowledge and the consequences of that. Basically, it's like a technical book with a story.

As the title suggests, Scrum and XP from the Trenches is a book about software management, moving step by step through all the requirements of the management process in a Scrum environment and sh
Udaykiran Joshi
Simple. Practical. Quick read! I'm a seasoned Agile / Scrum practitioner. So initially I felt it very basic and a bit outdated and thought may not add real value to me. However Henrik's writing style (especially those comments he added in the second edition of the book) engaged me through out and things got interesting and insightful gradually. I could really finish the entire book in one - go! (it's rather a paper, which author wrote it just over the weekend it seems.)

I liked the specific exam
Andreas Sekeris
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I keep asking for real-world applications of scrum to be able to learn from. This book provides it, communicates it in simple easy-to-read language. It reads like someone talking to you over coffee about their experiences with scrum and why they picked certain options and followed them.

I immediately lifted a couple practices from the book. One was setting sprint-goals, I hadn't wanted to do it as my team has so many projects and services to work on. Doing it though revealed the complexities of t
Tathagat Varma
Reading old books opens up an interesting window in time about the values and practices in the past. It allows us to understand the timeless values more deeply, as well as explore opportunities for improvement in line with the recent advances in tech, etc.

While Scrum and XP are over two decades old, a lot of teams still struggle with the basics. For those teams, this is a great book. On the other hand, for seasoned teams, this book is perhaps too elementary and not worth the time. In any case, i
Romans Karpelcevs
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, tech
This book would be a valuable read to anyone doing or considering doing Scrum. It isn't anything mind blowing or jaw dropping, but it also shouldn't be. This is a story of how Scrum can be adjusted and adopted. A source for thoughts and inspirations for your own version of Scrum and organising software development.

This is one of those books which anyone could have written, but no one else has, at least not so concise, clear and useful. For some reason, I enjoyed "Lean from Trenches" more, but th
Nuno
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is short but full of great examples on how Henrik best implemented scrum on his teams. It's not a "you should do this cause it's what works" kind of book but rather a "if you also have this problem then you can attempt to do the same we did and maybe you'll be successful too".

I could identify many of these situations with some I lived myself while working for many different companies that say to do agile development, particularly scrum. I only wish I had the opportunity to at least try
Sardar
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shorts
Almost everything in this book will read as "obvious" in 2020. You probably have experienced all the best practices this book has to offer. However, back in the past, these practices weren't that obvious. A good read for anyone starting a career in programming. It will help you understand why people spend time on meta-activities instead of dedicating all the time to programming.

Some advice in this book, like how to use branches in git, is definitely outdated.
Israel Pérez de Tudela
A very useful book to know how Scrum and XP is applied in a successful team. The author is a talented scrum master that has faced different situations similar to the ones that I have suffered by my own. I've reached different solutions but I have to agree with him in the way that his team works.

Very good book for any Scrum lover (with the unique exception to use man-day or any time measure to explain/apply StoryPoints)
Mariano Sinatra
Easy reading book. You must get the second edition (the directors' cut), since it has plenty annotations from the author challenging some of his own ideas and validating others on experience basis. The book is all about showing how his teams implemented Scrum and XP (mainly scrum), giving advices and in between teaching some concepts for the rookies.
Javier
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
War stories! Once you have the grasp of a methodology... you need some war stories to secure your knowledge. This is the book. Tips and tricks coming from real experience to help you to understand the theory of Scrum Framework.
Thomas Clausen
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m a fan of Henrik Kniberg’s practical and no nonsense approach. I found the Director’s Cut notes to be very informational and entertaining, but I wish that he had taken the time to write the ‘focus factor’ out of this second edition.
Dmitriy
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely useful, but after "Scrum: A Revolutionary Approach...". There are many real cases and examples.
Vatroslav Mileusnić
Very useful for someone who already knows a thing or two about Scrum and is looking to implement it in their place of work.
Murray Cumming
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tech
This seems like a pretty good introduction or refresher. It's short and practical.
Dave Weber
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great guide on how to run scrum
Julia Letsko
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice scrum manual. This book doesn’t leave you with theory on your own, it supplies you with apprehensible examples of scrum implementation in real projects. No superfluous information or details, only thoughtful tips and extremely clear structure.
Ilyes Hachani
This is a good book to get some practical insight about Scrum and XP. The book covers more of Scrum than it does XP. I think this book is great for managers, scrum masters and software developers.
Amir
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you really want to know about the real and practical experience instead of just reading theory, definitely you have to read this book.
Boyan
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A small book with a lot of examples from the real world - this is what I really appreciate, how the theory meets the practice
Vytas
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
down to earth stuff how to handle your scrum
Peter Vozhdai
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: management
Good for those who are new to Scrum. Provided personal success story.
Buddy2Blogger
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books on Scrum practices. Very concise and full of practical advice.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Essential Kanban Condensed
  • Management 3.0: Leading Agile Developers, Developing Agile Leaders
  • Agile Product Management with Scrum: Creating Products That Customers Love
  • Clean Architecture
  • Coaching Agile Teams: A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition
  • Clean Agile: Back to Basics
  • Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »