Start by marking “Loverboy (The Company, #2)” as Want to Read:
Loverboy (The Company, #2)

Loverboy

(The Company #2)

Secrets, desires, and exquisite pie. It’s all in a day’s work at The Company.

Growing up, I was the rough guy from the wrong neighborhood who couldn’t catch a break. Posy was the pampered girl I tried to impress. But all she gave me was a single kiss before I had to skip town.
Now I’m back, and the tables are turned. Posy runs a struggling pie shop. I’m the VP of a secretive
Published December 1st 2020 by Tuxbury Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Loverboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loverboy

Start your review of Loverboy (The Company, #2)
Christy
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-audio
4 stars

I am so excited Sarina Bowen is continuing on with The Company series. After reading this one, I want even more of these books- especially Max’s story!

Gunnar is not a fan of NYC, but he’s back for a job. He is shocked that his assignment is going undercover as a barista in Posy’s Pie Shop. Posy is a girl he used to know in college. They were never truly together, but they had a ton of chemistry back in the day.

Posy needs a barista in the worst way but is hesitant about hiring Gunnar.
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
I could not be happier we’re getting more books in this series! Sarina Bowen did romantic suspense so well in book one, Moonlighter. Loverboy is a great addition to the series, though I’m still dying to get Max’s book. Here, we’ve got a hero going undercover at a bakery, owned by none other than the girl he used to have a massive crush on. Gunnar is such a charmer and I loved his second chance with Posy! The intrigue was great, the romance was swoony – it’s another hit from Sarina Bowen.

Gunnar w

LENGTH: 9 hrs and 11 mins
RATING: 5 STARS
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

I'm 100% sure that Sarina Bowen wrote this series for me. Or at least that's what my delusions say. All kidding aside, LOVERBOY is just another reason why I love this author so much. It just checks all my boxe
Syndi
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is fun. I can not help smiling and laughing while listening to the audiobook. Loverboy is a nice surprise to my slum reading lately.

Miss Bowen is not my go to author for NA romance. But after enjoying Loverboy, I think I want to read more of her books.

Loverboy is full of comedy banter and especially Gunther. He is a sexy man. Not brooding hero, but loyal, fun and sexy. He does not take himself seriously.

Overall a wonderful book to start my weekend.

4 stars
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula, shelly
Gah!! The second installment in the The Company series was just as good as the first one. I loved Gunnar and Posy right away. Their banter was fantastic and their chemistry was just as delicious. This second chance story was swoony, sexy and filled with secondary characters I can't wait to read about.

Posy and Gunnar were adorable. She was the perfect combination of sweet and sassy to his rugged protectiveness. I loved their history together and how this was their second chance. Loverboy hit all
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description

Back in New York with the guys from The Company.
This time it's Gunnar's story. We already met him in the previous book - he's boss man Max's bestie from college.
Gunnar used to live in New York. He grew up poor and worked as a barkeeper during college.
That's where he met Posy.
Fast forward one summer and after one amazing kiss he was fired and nothing ever started between them.

Now he's back in New York for his job ... working undercover - or rather trying to work - as a barista in Posy's fancy cof
Leticia (jerseygirl)
"Happiness is a different thing altogether. It’s slowing down long enough to let someone else get near you."
It's been my second Sarina Bowen book and I want to buy all her books right now! Seriously, I'm definitely not kidding! I loved everything about Loverboy, just like I'd already loved Moonlighter. And, just like Moonlighter, this book is the perfect mix between romance and an understory that focuses on The Company and what they do - it's both romantic and so thrilling at the same time.

"He’s
Carole (Carole's Random Life)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was a fantastic listen! I have realized that as soon as I learn that Sarina Bowen is releasing a new book, I want it before I even know what it is about. Once I saw that this book was a second chance romance, I was even more eager to get my hands on it. I had pretty high expectations going into this book and they were all met. Sarina Bowen once again delivered an exciting romance with characters that quickly find a place in your
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Please Be My Barista Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free-A Quick Review
Sarina Bowen brings you a man you will want in your life. Gunnar is flirty, fun, caring, and has all the security stuff to make him super hot. He is easy, yet complicated. I adored him.

Our gal was strong and determined to be her own person.
She took her relationship with her father that resembled sour lemons, dealt with a lousy marriage/ex, and made lemonade by finding her joy in creating her pie shop.

Posy and Gunnar have a p
Dora Koutsoukou
I think this book was not for me...
Sweet, cute and slow burn, it didn’t manage to thrill or captivate me.

I didn’t want to read Posy’s discussions with her hormones and I didn’t enjoy the combination of romcom and suspense. Dnf @ 50%.
Dawn
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving this series, hopefully all the guys and the brilliant Scout at The Company get their own stories!
Stacey
Another convert to the magic of java…

****4.5 Stars****

Like any Sarina Bowen fan will know, reading or listening to one of her stories has the potential to leave you with a big goofy smile on your face. I was goofy smiling all over the place. The love part of the story was sigh worthy and left me ‘ain’t love grand’ … ing. The murder, mystery, and mayhem part answered my questions but also left me wanting to know more. I don’t mind finishing a story mostly satisfied because I’m convinced we’re goi
Dec 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
***AVAILABLE NOW***

4 Pie Worthy CROWNS

I really loved the storyline of Loverboy because I love any type of suspense in a novel. As a reader, it is my kryptonite, and Sarina Bowen delivered a novel that has the charm of her books, with lovable character and sweet and steamy romance, while also having a plot line that was filled with mystery and intrigue.

Gunnar is completely adorable and charming. I loved seeing him in the coffee shop, making coffee and chatting with the customers. Not only was it
Ambriehl Khalil
Apr 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, suspense
yay i love sarina bowen
Jacob Proffitt
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy, audiobook
This is second in a series and some characters and situation carries over from the first. But not much. You could read this one first without much difficulty, I think.

Well crap. I let this review go too long before writing it up. If you read the first, you know more or less what you're getting. Or if you've read any other of Bowen's work, for that matter. Not that they're all the same or templatey or anything. Sigh.

Anyway, the romance was good, I was engaged, and I wish I remembered more. Sigh.

A
Sabrina
Jan 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Carmen Rae
Sarina Bowen is one of my top one click authors. It really doesn't matter what she writes, I have to read it and I know I'm going to love it. This series has had an interesting start, with the first one being almost a spin off from her hockey series. But more suspenseful and secretive and I've enjoyed the different style.

As far as this book goes, it's kind of weird because it feels more romantic suspense than the first one. Yet as soon as they started talking about the techy side of things it al
maggieandteddy
Before I could post my review, I just had to reread this book. I re-listened to the audio (I couldn't wait longer than 2 weeks). I still had a book hangover!
I've never reread a book in such a short period of time.
I absolutely love this book. Ms Bowen's writing is so witty and full of great characters.There's suspense, romance and some funny moments. Very funny moments. Gunnar turns on the charm so easily. Posy calls him Loverboy.
I love Gunnar and Posy & all of the supporting characters- excep
Jenn Amy
5 stars!

Loverboy, the second book in Sarina Bowen's The Company Series is an addicting story full of suspense, mystery, humor and a TON of heat. I loved this book so much and the intense, passionate characters. The story-telling is stellar and impossible to put down.

Posy Paxton owns Posy's Pie Shop and is in desperate need of a coffee barista. She is running the shop on her own and just cannot keep up any longer. Out of the blue Gunnar Scott randomly shows up in her shop asking for a job. She r
Antonella
SERIES: The Company#2 -it can be read as standalone!
GENRE: romantic suspense
TROPES: second chance romance, workplace romance
RATING: 4,5 ⭐
HOTTIE METER: 3 🌡
SONG: coffee

oooh, this was so much fun!!
there were multiple lol moments...
and all coffee talk...mmmhmmm...

Claudia Fosca Stahl
Get yourself some pie and be ready to not be able to put this gem down until you reach the end.

Loverboy is a must read, page-turner, second chance/frenemies to lovers romance with a side of danger, incendiary chemistry, and laugh-out-loud banter that will leave you breathless and craving pie desperately. And I’m especially serious about the pie.

Loverboy brings us back to the world of private cyber security, intrigue, and crazy conspiracies of The Company. It is the second book in the series, but
Brandi
Seriously, how does Sarina Bowen keep writing such amazing books?
I tried to listen to this while I was at work and couldn't keep the smile off my face (not that anyone can see it behind the mask, but that doesn't matter). Gunnar is absolutely one of my top Sarina men.
His ability to move behind the counter...and in the bedroom...are magical. And mesmerizing. And enrapturing.

I want one of my own.

Posy is sweet and kind and has that positive, up-beat attitude that makes you want to hug her and squee
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Loverboy was exactly the light diversion I needed. The co-owner of a cybersecurity agency goes undercover as a barista in a plucky heroine’s pie shop. Pie. Lattes. Mystery. Romance. Sold!

The romance between Gunnar and Posy is very sweet and while I wouldn’t have minded more spice, it was very much in keeping with the tone of the book. There's a somewhat intriguing mystery with a little suspense, but it’s nothing overly complex and I never felt like anyone was in real danger. However, I enjoyed
Jessica Alcazar
Again, Sarina blows me away with this second book in The Company.

The mystery plot was well balance with the romance journey. They were both represented really well with neither one overshadowing the other. This is a great series with a thrill factor just high enough to pique my interest (romantic suspense is normally not my jam but I don’t hate it lol).

It’s rare that I come across a Sarina book that isn’t for me, and this is not one of those times. As a matter of fact, she ticked off all kin
Susan's Reviews

Now, THAT is an arresting sight! If that gorgeous guy on the cover didn't get you all hot and bothered, then maybe you should check your pulse for signs of life!

When looking for words to describe Sarina Bowen's latest gem, LOVERBOY, these came immediately to mind: Combustion: Hot, Hot Chemistry! Yearning: Steamy Slow Burn! Tantalizing Foreplay fueled by snappy, often hilarious banter - oh, and PIE, we mustn't forget the many decadent varieties of PIE that Posy tempted Gunnar with in her upscal
ItaPixie
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Gunnar is the VP and part owner of THE COMPANY, he runs the West Coast branch. When Max calls him with a new assignment in New York he gets on the first flight to his least favourite city in the world.
As soon as he arrives he finds out he has to work undercover as a barista for Posy, a woman who stole his job as the mananger at the Paxton’s fifteen year before, in order to catch a shrewd hacker who uses her pie bakery’s wifi.
It’s useless to say that they don't have good start at working togethe

Meegz Reads
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
*4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this one. Gunner was a fun and sexy guy. His job was interesting and the reasons he came back into Posy's life, and the story behind all that, was a great mystery for the duration of the novel. Posy was a great character too. I liked their banter and their chemistry and this one just flowed really nicely.

I found this to be an easy read with likeable characters and some surprises thrown in that I didn't see coming. I liked
Maura Elizabeth
Dec 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020, romance
Loverboy is much more of a romance/thriller than Moonlighter, the first book in Sarina Bowen's new series about The Company—there's actual real danger in this one. I think I'm such a fan of the Brooklyn Bruisers/True North world that I was a little disappointed by Loverboy because it really doesn't connect much to that universe, or even reference it. I just didn't quite ... click, I guess ... with Gunnar and Posy, who didn't seem as fully fleshed-out as previous characters in Bowen books. There ...more
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s

Loverboy is the second book about The Company, but you can read it as a total stand alone. Gunnar is the classic "good time guy"-notorious flirt, hot as hell, and Posy missed her chance. But, now that she has ditched her no good husband and Gunnar is back in NYC, maybe he can clean her palate.

Gunnar works for the super secretive "Company" with Max Bayer and is called back to go undercover in Posy's new pie/coffee shop. He thinks Posy betrayed him years ago and he is still a tad bitter, but
Arielle ✨ Chelsea's Nebular Ally and Team Orion ✨
**Re-posting for release day!!**
4.5

Good lord I loved this. How does one author consistently write so many good books? By now there are so many within her universe of places/ made up sports teams/ characters that sometimes I forget that certain aspects just aren't actually real (like what do you mean Katt phones aren't readily available?!). Something about this one REALLY hit my sweet spot even more than the last few, too. Maybe it was because they talked about coffee drinks and pie so frequently
Play Book Tag: Loverboy by Sarina Bowen - 3 stars 1 7 Dec 27, 2020 10:45AM
Goodreads Librari...: Community List Help 2 34 Nov 14, 2020 11:26AM

• Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1)
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • How to Kill a Rock Star
  • The Ruthless Boys (Adamson All-Boys Academy #2)
  • The Secret Girl (Adamson All-Boys Academy #1)
  • Shipped
  • Lies
  • Without Merit
  • Wicked Billionaire (The Wicked Horse Vegas, #9)
  • The Studying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #1)
  • Blindsided (Moo U, #2)
  • The Roommate (The Shameless Series, #1)
  • Slapshot (Moo U, #3)
  • Famine (The Four Horsemen, #3)
  • A Love Letter to Whiskey
  • The Paper Swan
  • Needing Arella (Rockers' Legacy #6)
  • Holdout (Moo U, #4)
See top shelves…
sarina bowen
Sarina Bowen is the twenty-time USA Today bestselling author of three dozen books, including: the True North series, and Brooklyn Hockey. She's the co-author of Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy. She's the author of The Ivy Years series, and more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by trope

The Company (2 books)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)