Start by marking “Thief of Hearts” as Want to Read:
Thief of Hearts

Thief of Hearts (Tavistock Family #2)

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  1,676 Ratings  ·  111 Reviews
He was a gentleman. . .

In tuxedo and bow tie, Jordan Tavistock was the unlikeliest burglar. But when a chum asked him to steal back some X-rated love letters from her ex-lover's estate, he had no choice but to oblige. He never expected to get caught... by another thief.

She was a wanted Woman...

Despite her protests, Diana Lamb was too sleek to be anything but a cat burglar.
Paperback, Harlequin Intrigue #328
Published June 1995 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Thief of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thief of Hearts

Paige  Bookdragon
I get back what I've said in my review of In Their Footsteps. This is my least favorite Gerritsen book. I struggled to finish this one.
Rosabelle Purnama
Sep 15, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one except those who's a fan of historical romance because this feels like it
Hmmm what can i say about this book... That i regret spending any money to buy this book even though it's on sale and that I hope Gerritsen's Rizzoli and Isles series are nothing like this. Because if it is, i might as well donate them all.

The reason i bought this book was because i heard good things about the rizzoli and isles series, so when i saw this book in the 3 for 2 bargain bins at Borders, I bought three of Gerritsen's earlier books. but this is nothing like the mystery-thriller type of
Izabella (pagesfullofstars)
This book was recommended to me by the librarian, when I said that I want to expand my reading and try genres that I normally don't read from (in this case it was crime). Sadly, to me it read more like a romance novel with a crime/mystery subplot and having seen how popular Tess Gerritsen's novels are, I was quite disappointed by the time I finished.

It's not a bad book, on the contrary it was a very easy read and I flew through it very quickly. It just isn't my taste and I found it quite predict
Siobhan
Stolen, also known as Thief of Hearts, is the second Tavistock book and whilst it’s an improvement upon the first book I do consider it to be one of Tess Gerritsen’s weakest reads. In fact, I consider the two Tavistock books to be my least favourite Gerritsen reads. Neither were as strong as other books by the author, and such a thing saddened me, as I’d hoped I would really enjoy them.

Stolen was much closer to being a four star read, making it a massive improvement upon the first one. Whilst in
Ubiquitousbastard
Extremely predictable plot, a female protagonist that made me want to bash my head into a wall and a completely unbelievable romance. I'm trying to think back to when I read the first book and if it was this bad, since I remember liking it. But then again I was fifteen, so maybe these books are more suited for teenagers.
In favor of this book, it isn't too long and it's easy to read. If I had brain damage, I might have enjoyed it more.
Angie
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
2.5 stars...

One of Tess' earlier works... I've read many of her early books and still found them enjoyable. This one just fell flat for me. Couldn't get into the characters and found their attraction pretty unbelievable. I never "felt" it. Maybe the fact that I just read her newest book and loved it made the sub par stuff glaringly obvious in this one.
Wayne
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Tess Gerritsen's Rizzoli Isles series is one of my favorites. Unfortunately this isn't of the same standard. Nice escapist read on holiday but pretty predictable.
Brenda
Mar 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Jordan Tavistock found himself in the unenviable position of first time burgler, he didn’t expect to be caught. But caught he was, and not by the inhabitants of the house, no, by another burgler! Clea Rice had burgled before, she had spent time in prison for past misdeeds, but she didn’t expect to have her plans thwarted by a bumbling, noisy amateur. As they escaped the house together, Clea without what she came for and Jordan with what he came for, he didn’t realize his aristocratic life h ...more
Bev
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tess wrote this in 1995, BEFORE she started writing suspense novels. This is classified "Romantic suspense" others are....From Wikipedia...
Call After Midnight (1987)
Under the Knife (1990)
Never Say Die (1992)
Whistleblower (1992)
Presumed Guilty (1993)
Peggy Sue Got Murdered (1994) re-released as Girl Missing
In Their Footsteps (1994)
Thief of Hearts (1995) re-released as Stolen
Keeper of the Bride (1996)

In that genre, I really liked this book. But compared to Rizzoli and Isles, very different, and not
Marianne
Apr 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
The Thief of Hearts is Tess Gerritsen’s 10th stand-alone novel. Jordan Tavistock, doing a favour for a friend, encounters a very attractive female thief whilst himself trying to steal some letters from a local wealthy playboy’s bedroom. Soon, Jordan chances upon Clea Rice again, and after a narrow escape from an exploding car, their destinies seem to become irrevocably entwined. While Clea thinks Jordan would be safer leaving her to fend for herself, Jordan isn’t about to let that happen. Lots o ...more
  • The Dragon and the Stars
  • La décima sinfonía
  • The Cheater (Lily Forrester, #3)
  • Pernikahan Impian (Marriage Wanted)
  • Bayou Bodyguard
  • Family Passions
  • Their Wedding Day - Hari Perkawinan Mereka
  • Widows (Dolly Rawlins, #1)
  • In the Blink of an Eye (The Taylor Clan, #3)
  • Pelajaran Cinta [Lesson To Learn]
  • No Ordinary Man
  • Bodyguard/Husband
  • Smokin' Six-Shooter (Whitehorse, Montana: The Corbetts #4)
  • The Gemini Factor
  • Last Spy Standing (SDDU, #11)
  • You Belong to Me (Romantic Suspense, #12; Baltimore, #1)
  • Catspaw (Blackheart #1)
  • Heatwave
Internationally bestselling author Tess Gerritsen took an unusual route to a writing career. A graduate of Stanford University, Tess went on to medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, where she was awarded her M.D.

While on maternity leave from her work as a physician, she began to write fiction. In 1987, her first novel was published. Call After Midnight, a romantic thriller
More about Tess Gerritsen...

Tavistock Family (2 books)
  • In Their Footsteps (Tavistock Family, #1)