Start by marking “Ricochet (Bear Claw Creek Crime Lab, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ricochet (Bear Claw Creek Crime Lab, #1)

Ricochet (Bear Claw Creek Crime Lab #1)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  108 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Time was Running Out...

Bear Claw Creek's young girls were disappearing and forensics expert Alissa Wyatt was in way over her head. Now her only choice was to partner with Detective Tucker McDermott - the very same man she'd sworn to keep her distance from.

But suddenly, the tables turned. Alissa became a madman's next target - and her only hope to stay alive lay within the

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Intrigue #893, Bear Claw Creek Crime Lab #1, 250 pages
Published January 2006 by Harlequin Intrigue

To ask other readers questions about Ricochet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ricochet

Kinga
Dec 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: random
This woman amazes me. A psychopath is trying to kill her at least four times a day and all she can think of is sex?

If the world around you is about to explode, so that you have to hide yourself and your partner in a fireproof cabinet to survive, you think: ‘God, I don’t want to die’ and not ‘Damn, he’s got great abs.’ No wonder she is a bad policewoman, not only couldn’t she catch the killer, but she also needed constant saving.

Luckily Detective Tucker McDermott developed some bizarre obsession
Leslie
Awesome Story . . . Truly going into my very favorites list!!!

A tale of two people that met months earlier in a bar. . . Instant attraction until her badge falls off the dash while they were "getting to know one another".

She was a crime scene investigator - He a cop.

She has to prove herself to a group of cops that are mad that their "old school" crime scene investigator retired.

He didn't stay in one place too long, always felt the itch, just as he did when he applied and was leaving for a new
Kay
Feb 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: print
4 Stars! ~ Three teenage girls are missing; each kidnapped a week apart. Leads are few until a note arrives for Detective Tucker McDermott saying that the first girl is in Bear Claw Canyon. Being partnered with Tucker is the last thing Alissa Wyatt wants but she realizes it’s the Chief’s way to bring his department together as a team. Tucker and Alissa make a good partnership except for that sizzling sexual awareness. And then the madman makes Alissa a target and Tucker finds himself protecting ...more
Christy
Bear Claw Creek's crime lab just got an update and none of the officers are liking Alissa Wyatt and her best friends. The Chief of police is trying to get the others to work together, but it is like pulling teeth. They are trying to find three young women who have gone missing.

Alissa just wants to fit in at Bear Claw Creek, but she's about to give up. She's not having a good time at all and to make matters worse she's still trying to put the night at the club with Detective Tucker McDermott beh
April Ring
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ricochet wasn't as good as the first book (Internal Affairs) I read in this series. The author seemed to still be figuring out her locale. However, I like it - just a hair less than I.A.

I'll definitely continue reading the books in this series. They are offered through my library. Not sure if I'd pay to buy the next one on iTunes though. It would have to be under 5 bucks for me to think its worth it.

Pros: Interesting story line. Good use of crime scene back drop. The three main female characte
Adria
Apr 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Okay read, could have been better. Mild spoilers ahead: Alissa made me want to scream several times. She was all about following protocol, until playing by the rules could get her killed. Then she makes an exception to doing things by the book...and (surprise!) it almost gets her killed. *sigh*. She needed to be saved several times. For being a tough cookie, without a rescue from her studly partner, she would have been toast a few times over. I get angry about damsel in distress plot lines and a ...more
Jamie
Oct 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I love Jessica Andersen's writing. It is detailed, very descriptive, and there's always a turn that you don't see coming. Tucker is not perfect. What person is? And Alissa is strong, not some come & save me type of female. I can't wait to read this whole series. Even the sub characters are interesting.
Stephanie Garza
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always an excellent read

I love bccpd I remember when this came out several years back and loving it then. Great series. Tension and adrenaline pumping, page turning and a fast easy read loved the characters. Now I need to reread book two!!! ;)
Marian
Jul 29, 2012
Irena Vojinovic
Jun 24, 2015
Min
rated it did not like it
Nov 01, 2011
Apr 22, 2013
Bookgeek
Feb 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Phantom Lover (43 Light Street, #25)
  • Guardian Angel (Colby Agency, #30)
  • Bodyguard/Husband
  • Kansas City's Bravest
  • Wanted Woman (Cascades Concealed #3)
  • A Man Like Morgan Kane (The Protectors, #8)
  • Scene of the Crime: Bachelor Moon
  • The Spy Who Saved Christmas (SDDU, #10)
  • The Lost Girls of Johnson's Bayou
  • Gage (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #5)
  • Under the Gun
Jessica S. Andersen is an American writer of mystery and medical romances. She obtained a PhD in Genetics, but when she finally settles on a single career, she will have been many things: a doctor of molecular genetics, a patent agent, a freelance editor, a professional horse trainer and riding coach, a fiance and the proud owner of a pair of corgis. But if you ask her who she is, Jessica will say ...more
More about Jessica Andersen...

Bear Claw Creek Crime Lab (9 books)
  • At Close Range (Bear Claw Creek Crime Lab, #2)
  • Rapid Fire (Bear Claw Creek Crime Lab, #3)
  • Manhunt in the Wild West (Bear Claw Creek Crime Lab, #4)
  • Mountain Investigation (Bear Claw Creek Crime Lab, #5)
  • Internal Affairs (Bear Claw Creek Crime Lab, #6)
  • Bear Claw Conspiracy (Bear Claw Creek Crime Lab, #7)
  • Bear Claw Bodyguard (Bear Claw Creek Crime Lab, #8)
  • Bear Claw Lawman (Bear Claw Creek Crime Lab, #9)