Start by marking “Graveyard Smash: Women of Horror Anthology, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Graveyard Smash: Women of Horror Anthology, Vol. 2

Graveyard Smash: Women of Horror Anthology, Vol. 2

Step through the prettiest cemetery gates you've ever seen and experience tombstone raves and widow's dances, Japanese snow-spirits, Aztec bruja and temple goddesses, vengeful ghosts, djinn and cannibals, vampire hunters, plague bearers, graverobbers, and terrors beyond reason. Read through the night as the dead rise from boneyards all around the world! ...more
Published July 15th 2020 by Kandisha Press

To ask other readers questions about Graveyard Smash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Graveyard Smash

Start your review of Graveyard Smash: Women of Horror Anthology, Vol. 2
Sadie Hartmann
3 stars!
Thank you to Kandisha Press and author, Janine Pipe for a review copy in exchange for review consideration. This anthology is recommended for #FrightGirlSummer reading!
This is a very eclectic gathering of horror stories from a wide range of talented women. Some of these authors are very familiar to me and some voices were brand-new. I'll go through the tales that captured my imagination and stood out as a little brighter than the others. As with most anthologies, not every story resonate
Cameron Chaney

For Women of Horror Month, I vlogged the hell outta this book! Graveyard Smash was a fantastic anthology featuring an entire army of awesome female authors in the horror genre, and I'm glad I decided to capture my reactions to each story as I went. You can see my full video HERE!

Thank you, Kandisha Press, for sending this book in exchange for an honest review!
Well Read Beard
Anthologies are hard to review. As a reader who takes reviewing seriously, it is overwhelming to finish a book and realize that you are facing a review that covers 22 different stories and voices. I like to think that I am a proponent of "Women Of Horror Fiction, of reading and supporting women in general. I am a better man because I read women. That's what I like about these Kandisha Press anthologies the most. What better way to support WOHF and find your path forward with authors that you wan ...more
Steve Stred
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, this is embarrassing.

You see, I kinda… accidentally… received this yesterday and kinda… accidentally… read it in one sitting.

This anthology is STACKED. Jam packed with such amazing stories, I couldn’t stop. I initially was just going to read the first two stories of Vol.2 as well as Vol. 1 which Jill kindly sent my way… but that went out the window as soon as I read the opening story ‘Holes’ by R.A. Busby.

What I liked: Look, the TOC listing alone should get you excited to dive into these a
Brennan LaFaro
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up for Amazon

Jill Girardi’s Kandisha Press is doing some cool things in 2020. They released Under Her Black Wings in January, an anthology I absolutely loved, jam-packed with horror stories by women. Assuming this anthology might be an annual thing, I was pleasantly surprised to see they were doing it again in July with Graveyard Smash, and as of this writing, Kandisha is open to subs again for volume three.

One of my favorite things about these collections are the mixture of kn
Valerie
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title of this Women of Horror Anthology Vol 2 is true to form! These horrifying stories revolve around or in the graveyard in some way! There is something for everybody here! And I have to mention I read it in one day, couldn’t put it down!

As with all anthology’s we all have our favorites! Each had their own unique, horrific, twisted storyline that kept me turning the pages! A few that made me shiver were Until There’s Nothing Left by J.A.W. McCarthy-person can bring the dead back to life,
Audra (ouija.reads)
Anthologies have to be the best way to find writers you want to explore further. I love reading them; there's just so much possibility under the cover.

What I loved about this collection was the sheer range of the stories. From the graveyard to Hades to a temple in Mexico and beyond, these stories will take you on a wildly horrific ride all across space and time. I loved the diversity of characters and tropes that the writers took on.

Here were some of my favorites:
"Holes" by R.A. Busby
This one
Jennifer Soucy
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love horror anthologies, but I can't recall ever reading one written solely by women. This was everything I hoped for and, as a huge supporter of women in horror, I'm so grateful to Kandisha Press for bringing together so many amazing authors. This anthology is exceptional and a treat for all horror fans.

Reviewing an anthology is always tricky because some stories resonate more with the reader than others. All of these stories were engaging and well-written, but some did hit me harder. Every f
Dan
Mar 20, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Based on the average of the stories which I each gave a 1-5 star rating.
Maria DeBlassie
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great anthology of women horror writers!
Earendil Star
This collection of short stories covers a variety of horror subgenres from women of diverse backgrounds.

It was a quick and fun read.
Great for Halloween, Spooky Campfire, and even bedtime.

The horrific banshee figure reminds me of a "Pontianak".
“Pontianak” is one of the most famous, scariest, and violent ghost in the Malaysian culture. Primarily, the Malays believe that it originates from a stillborn child, a woman who dies while giving birth, women who were killed by the Pontianak, or their spiri
MCWow
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Engrossing collection of disturbing, in a good way, tales. Sailed right to the end with demented pleasure, highlights appealing to my folktale obsession being Carmen Baca's THE CHILD, V. Castro's TEMPLO MAYOR (felt like I was underground too!), Sonora Taylor's THE CLOCKMAKER, Lydia Prime's SOUTH DAKOTA. Lots of graveyard-dirt layers: body snatching (REWAKE by Ellie Douglas, eek!), vampire-slaying (THE INVITATION by Janine Pipe). Dawn DeBraal's creepy THIRTY QUESTIONS hit home strangely (of cours ...more
Heather Lynn Powderly
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another solid, female-driven collection from Kandisha Press!
Jack Vessly
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading the first anthology, I thought I'd check this one out. It did not disappoint!!!

Again, the press brought together unique women's voices from around the world. I loved this antho.

Notable Authors:
Janine Pipe
Lydia Prime
Yolanda Sfetsos
Sonora Taylor

This was another antho where nearly every story is bullet proof. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

5-Stars !!!!!
Jamie Bowen
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
An anthology of horror stories, and a mix of stories from the humorous to the downright terrifying. I’m not a big fan of full-on scary horror, but this collection focuses more on creating the suspense and leaves you imagining what may or may not happen, which I think is far more scarier. My favourites were Two’s Company, Three’s a Shroud, Smash and Grab, The Invitation and The Clockmaker.
Christopher Henderson
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such an enjoyable read! Dark, spooky, and satisfying, with a wicked sense of play wriggling through the collection and popping up now and again like a cheeky, well-fed worm.

You get a lot of stories for your money, and there wasn't one I didn't like. With anthologies, however, you're always going to have personal favourites, so dipping through my scribblings and in no particular order, I'm going to mention:

'Holes' by R.A. Busby: despite the name, as solid a start to an anthology as it's
Trisha_loves_books
Another great anthology. Some good, some okay. Favs were Love You to Death and Thirty Questions.
Heather
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Graveyard Smash: Women of Horror Anthology Volume 2, but thought volume one, Under Her Black Wings, was a little bit better. Once again, I have to knock them just a little for having the foreword of an all-women-authors book be written by a guy; it gives the impression that the women can’t stand on their own and need a man to speak for them.

R.A. Busby’s “Holes” is a great tale. Kathryn has trypophobia, a fear of holes. She’s living in the middle of a pandemic, and her paranoia
Tibia
Jan 16, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5. Wasn't expecting such unique stories. Excellent and creative writing! ...more
Gabriel

Cassidy Frost ---------------> 3.0

8- Cicada Song
Michelle Renee Lane -------
Elford Alley
I picked this up right after I finished Under Her Black Wings, and damn, this did not disappoint. Even though every story follows a graveyard/cemetery theme, each is so unique and horrifying in its own way. Highly recommend!
Robin Barber
Jan 14, 2021
Suzy Michael
Aug 26, 2020
Jill Girardi
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Ksenia Murray
Jan 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
GeorgeMonck
300+ reader
Jun 15, 2021
S.D. Vassallo
Sonora Taylor
Jul 18, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: featured-in
Shawnna Deresch
Phillip Smith
Yolanda Sfetsos
Jul 19, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Beverley Lee
Jul 19, 2020
Jill Girardi
Jul 20, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Andrew Joy
is currently reading it
Jul 22, 2020
Carrie
Jul 22, 2020
The Coycaterpillar Reads
Jul 23, 2020
Catherine McCarthy
Jul 24, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
John

• Terror in the Shadows Vol. 11
  • Diabolica Britannica: A Dark Isles Horror Compendium
  • Midnight in the Pentagram
  • Halloween Season
  • Terror in the Shadows Vol. 12: Horror Short Stories Collection with Scary Ghosts, Paranormal & Supernatural Monsters
  • The Worm and His Kings
  • Recall Night
  • Campfire Macabre
  • Terror in the Shadows Vol. 10
Jill Girardi is the author of Hantu Macabre, the best-selling novel featuring punk rock paranormal detective Suzanna Sim and Tokek the toyol. The book was shortlisted for the 2019 Popular/The Star Readers’ Choice Awards. Suzanna and Tokek will also be taken to the big screen, as a full-length film based on the characters is set to start shooting in 2021, with former MMA Fighter Ann Osman starring ...more