Start by marking “Metallic Red (The Royally Human Vampire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Metallic Red (The Royally Human Vampire, #1)

Metallic Red

(The Royally Human Vampire #1)

Mina Byron wants to be just like every other high school senior, but as one of the only half-human, half-vampires in existence, she’s far from normal.

After having the first eighteen years of her life dictated by whatever is best for the vampires around her, she wants to embrace her humanity.

When her uncle, the vampire King of Appalachia, agrees to send her to a private hig
Kindle Edition
Published July 15th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Metallic Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Metallic Red

Start your review of Metallic Red (The Royally Human Vampire, #1)
Sayantoni Das
Dec 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm a fan of Jennifer's writing and so when this one transcended my expectations I wasn't surprised.

Metallic Red is a chicklit, fantasy, romance, drama, and everything else that you can hope for. Starting from the title itself, the story line, the characters, and the narrative, all fall in line with perfection.

Reading Metallic Red felt like reading a webtoon where I could literally picture all the slides. It also lowkey reminded me of one of favorite webtoons Orange Marmalade. I don't know how
N.N. Light
Half-vampire/half-human Mina Byron has lived her life straddling two worlds. Raised in a protected vampire household, she wants to embrace her human half and pleads with her uncle, the Vampire King of the region, to allow her to enroll in high school. He agrees and she's elated. Adjusting to life as a high school senior takes its toll on Mina but soon she's fitting in. She has a bestie and even a blooming romance with Charlie, a popular soccer star. When Mina reads about the discovery of five bo ...more
Melissa
Aug 09, 2020 rated it liked it
A unique take on a high school vampire coming of age story, but filled with missed opportunities, unexplained or underdeveloped ideas, and abrupt and dissatisfied ending.

Well I liked the perspective of a human/vampire half-breed being torn between both sides, wanting to experience the true nature of both of her selves, but unsure how to reconcile them and be comfortable and confident as herself. Having said that, I kept getting confused about where it was going, not in a pleasant surprise, plot
Jennifer Ann Shore
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I hope everyone enjoys reading this vampire book as much as I loved writing it. :)
Tommi Powell
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
What happens if you mix a little bit of Mean Girls with a bit of Charlaine Harris and a hint of Anne Rice? You *finally* get the YA vampire book that we’ve all deserved. Yeah. I said it, and Metallic Red (2020) by Jennifer Ann Shore is a sweet reminder that traditional publishing doesn’t always get it right. (Don’t sleep on the Indies.)

Mina Byron is a rarity. She is the half-human, half-vampire niece of the vampire King of Appalachia. As his only heir, she’s led a rather isolated existence with
Kritika
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-fiction
Vampire stories are quite common especially when we are talking about the fantasy genre. But what makes each story stands out is the book’s narration and character and plot development. I think Metallic Red, was one such book which I thoroughly enjoyed from the beginning to the end.

Mina Byron the lead portrayal is stuck between two worlds. She wants to be like every other teenager, a high school senior but being a half-human and half-vampire comes with its pros and cons. Her uncle Derrick – the
Jana
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway which was really exciting!

It took me some time to figure out what I wanted to say about this book. First things first, I liked it! I was worried when I started it and I wasn’t connecting with the main character but around chapter 3 I really started enjoying it. I loved watching Mina grow into herself and figure out who she was and who she wanted to be. There is also an interesting group of characters most of whom are quite lovable (special shout out to E
Kimberly
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer Ann Shore has brightened my love of vampire novels in Metallic Red. The story that Jennifer tells is intriguing. It appeals to my sense of being an adult before you are ready.

Mina is a teenage half-vampire/half-human creature. She is well-versed in her vampire tendencies but wants to know more about her human side.

So, off to a human high school, she goes. She makes a lot of new friends and enemies. My heart grew when she became acquainted with Charlie, though. He is perfect boyfriend ma
Christine
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gifted Review Copy | I happily sucked all of the blood out of this modern-day YA vampire novel filled with feminism and entrepreneurialism. A strong world-building coming of age story, laugh over the graham cracker vs cookie debate and Olive Garden pregnancy obsession. Shore is playful, serious, and hilarious all at the same time.

Eloise and Mina are anti-Mean Girl powerhouses filled with independence and smarts. Mina would rather wear a Pant Suit than a gown to homecoming. There is *surprising*
Vedika Sheth
Apr 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Rating: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

This was a different book. I usually don’t read vampire romance though I did read Twilight. (I liked it, don’t judge me.) The story takes a bit of time to take off but the background is worth it. It explains what will be coming up and the whole story will need it to make sense. The ending is a bit sudden and I couldn’t say it was my favourite but it made me go for the second book. I didn’t expect it. It was the element of surprise in the story. It was a greatly written story.
Pamela Anderson-Bartholet
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young adults
I started reading this book as soon as it arrived and finished it in just a couple of days because I enjoyed it so much and did not want to put it down.

Particularly during this pandemic, I appreciated reading a good story that took me away from daily news. The story--which moved swiftly--primarily deals with a young woman (18 year old "Mina") who is a "misfit" and trying to understand her own world while simultaneously trying to understand a world that is completely different. She wants and stri
Yasaida Rivera
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Annee
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
The first third of this book read like a funny Twilight fanfiction (and I wouldn't be surprised if that was what it started out as) but it took a lot of unique directions and built and interesting world that I appreciated. I didn't like some of the characters, and a few of the subplots seemed a bit incomplete, but overall it was a pretty good story. ...more
Helen
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love it!!

My first book by this author. I enjoyed it, and was upset when it ended. I enjoyed the mc. And thought I knew who the "bad vampire" would be. But I was surprised. You got me on that one! I would love to read more about the "New Queen."
Danielle Marlowe
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Metallica Red was a good story, the plot was strong, so wasn't the characters, the story was written well. Mina and Charlie were made for each other. The connection between them was strong, their chemistry was sexy, they were good together.
I enjoyed this story.
Jamie
Jan 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was a fun and super quick read! I'll definitely be checking out the sequel. ...more
Victoria Rhodes
Aug 20, 2020 rated it liked it
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway. Some parts are a little confusing and hard to follow, but I loved all the characters!
Carrie
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book! Read it in less than 2 days because I couldn’t put it down. Please let there be a sequel!! I want more of these characters.
Megan L
Bianca
Britt C
Katrina
Jul 20, 2020

• Bookish and the Beast (Once Upon a Con, #3)
  • White Ivy
  • World's Worst Boyfriend: A Romantic Comedy Adventure
  • The Freshman (College Years, #1)
  • Don't Go Stealing My Heart (Showmen, #2)
  • More Than Second Chances (Aston Falls #1)
  • Callie's Choice: Choices Series Book 4
  • Sure, Pal
  • Of Course, Cutie
  • Trouble Me (Fix You, #2)
  • The Silence (Columbia River #2, Callahan & McLane, #5)
  • Heart Breaths
  • Vandal (Redwood Rebels, #3)
  • Bypass the Stars (Pathbound Enterprises Book 1)
  • The Billionaire Land Baron (The Billionaire Surprise Book 2)
  • The Sweetest Hours
  • Gilded Tears (Kovalyov Bratva #2)
  • The Once and Future Witches
Jennifer Ann Shore is the award-winning and bestselling author of several fiction books, including "Metallic Red," "The Stillness Before the Start," and "The Extended Summer of Anna and Jeremy."

In her decade of working in journalism, marketing, and book publishing, she has gained recognition for her work from companies such as Hearst and SIIA.

Be sure to visit her website (https://www.jenniferannsh

The Royally Human Vampire (2 books)
  • Yes, Your Majesty (The Royally Human Vampire, #2)