Start by marking “Song for a Cowboy (Kings of Country, #2)” as Want to Read:
Song for a Cowboy (Kings of Country, #2)

Song for a Cowboy

(Kings of Country #2)

Country star Emmy Lou King is singing the blues…

Emmy Lou King’s whole family is legendary in country music. When she lands the opportunity to sing the American Football League anthem and serve on one of the AFL’s anti-drug charities, she’s sure she can handle working with Brock Watson even though she’s barely recovered from their breakup—and she’s never loved anyone else.

B
Published January 26th 2021 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Song for a Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Song for a Cowboy

Start your review of Song for a Cowboy (Kings of Country, #2)
Toni
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
If you've read Jace, the first book in the Kings of Country series, you already know how complicated living in King family is. Krystal King and Jace do appear in this book too, but mostly it is about Emmy Lou, Krystal's twin, and her first and only love Brock Watson. Song for a Cowboy can be easily read as a standalone.

Emmy Lou has always be the sweet one, the little ray of sunshine in her family. She is the one who wears the lightest and brightest colours and will smile her way through the King
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Song for a a Cowboy by Sasha Summers
2nd book in the Kings of Country series. Contemporary romance. Can be read as a stand-alone but the sister does appear in a lot of this story so if spoilers bother you, you’d want to read Jace first. You don’t even have to like country music. But it wouldn’t hurt. Original music included in this book and the prior.

This book is Emmy Lou and Brock’s story. Sweet and sappy and so good.
Emmy Lou is a singer with millions of fans. She used to being in the spotligh
Crystal Pinson
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book two in the Kings of Country series. I do not suggest reading it as a stand-alone because you’d miss out on so much important background information. While this is Emmy Lou and Brock’s story it is closely entwined with the King Family’s story which begins in Jace. Plus, you’ll appreciate the cuteness that is Krystal and Jace after reading their story!!! The family drama is a focal point, but humor between the siblings lightens things up the right amount throughout.

I was excited for m
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
Dec 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

***I received a free copy from the publisher via Netgalley and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!***

2.5★

When I saw this book on Netgalley I knew I had to get it and that I would love it. I mean how can I not it has everything I love...  Country-Star, football player, second chances and more. I was hyped to start it and even made sure I was not burned out on contemporary.

When I started it, I was soon to discover that I wasn’t sure if I would like. It had way too much angst, drama an

Robin Loves Reading
It is not difficult to love the King family, well, most of them anyway. We met them in the first book of the series, Jace, where daughter Krystal fell in love. Now we have Emmy Lou's story. Her story is quite touching because she fell in love with professional football player Brock Watson years ago and they had a difficult breakup. This breakup caused more pain than either of them realized.

But, more about the King family. They are the country's heart when it comes to a family band. Their fame is
Maria
Dec 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review
Star-crossed lovers, torn apart by misunderstandings, lack of communication and a close relative’s lies, meet again under the limelight in “Song for a Cowboy”, by Sasha Summers (Sourcebooks Casablanca).
Brock and Emmy Lou are relatable characters, young people who are decent and selfless. Their sweet and deep connection, the tenderness and immense pain between them during the separation are compelling dimensions of the story; and yet th
Talie
Jan 26, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2021-jan
Thanks to Sourcebooks Casa for the digital arc of this title.

One sentence review: Cute second chance romance between a football player and country singer if you can get past the blindspot the heroine has for what a witch her mother is.

Song for a Cowboy by Sasha Summers is book two of the series. I really enjoyed the first book in this series Jace. This one I enjoyed but not quite as much. The book is a solid love story about two high school sweethearts whose relationship broke up prematurely (pu
Lynn Brooks
Jan 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
A family filled with secrets, success and drama galore! With book two in her Kings of Country series Sasha Summers delights her readers with the second King sibling's story in SONG FOR A COWBOY and it's guaranteed to nab your attention quickly. I'm looking forward to more in the series!

Emmy Lou is a sweetheart. Sometimes too much of one ... mainly when it comes to her manipulative Mamma who she let's get away with just about anything.

Brock was easy to like and learning the details of their histo
Allyson
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Sasha Summers has done it again with the King books!
Emmy Lou is on the phone with her twin sister Krystal in the pouring rain, when she is almost hit by a truck. Then she realizes the driver is Brock, the one who broke her heart 6 years ago, neither say anything.
Now Emmy Lou is involved in a big charity, she will soon find out Brock plays a large roll in it also. They will be forced to face the past and the present.

The book is non-stop, with twists, turns, and love.
Nelle Nazario
4.5 stars!! Football, Country Music and second chance romance!! How can you go wrong? Brock and Emmy Lou were highschool sweethearts. He got drafted at 18 into the NFL and disappeared from her life. Now they are thrown back into each other's orbit as she sings the National anthem and they start to work for the same charity.

I love how Sasha's stories have a lot of grit and just enough angst to keep you pulling for the characters. These two are the quintessential star-crossed lovers and the chemi
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

The Kings of Country series continues with the second title, Song for a Cowboy, and a second chance for two people still in love with each other to get another chance to get love right this time – but it’s not going to be easy, and they’re going to have to work hard to find their way to their happy ending this time around.

I adored Brock and Emmy Lou’s romance, and while you “could” read this one as a standalone, I’d still suggest starting with Jace to get the full dyn
Sapphyria
Song for a Cowboy enthralled me, intrigued me, and kept me wanting more. Emmy Lou King is just one component of the King family dynasty. She has the chance to do a solo gig to support one of the AFL's anti-drug charity. Unfortunately, the gig involves working with her ex-boyfriend, Brock Watson, a football player for the Houston Roughnecks. His abrupt end to their relationship six years ago left her broken, still broken, and she's sure seeing him won't be an issue.

Emmy Lou King is the one who go
Downward dog
If you are like me and you love reading second chance romance stories, you will be captivated by this slow burn story involving a good looking football player and a sweet country singer.

I loved everything about this feel good, emotional story. Brock and Emmy were madly in love as teenagers, but they broke up over a misunderstanding. They are brought back together when they both volunteer for the same charity.

Brock and Emmy are so easy to like, but their story broke my heart and I wanted them to
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Emma Lou King has found fame and fortune in the country music world, and has everything she could ever want...well almost. The one thing she is missing is love, and that can only come from the boy that stole her heart years ago in high school. But Brock is also the boy who broke her heart when he walked away from her, citing it was for the best. But was it?

When their jobs bring them back into one another lives again it's evident there is a lot of unresolved feelings there as well as love too...
Jade aka MrsTosh
Jan 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thank you NetGalley, the publisher and author for giving me a free ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I haven't read anything by the author previously, and this is the second book in the series so I get the feeling I have missed out on what happened between Emmy Lou and Brock previously. Having said that is is quite obvious that her controlling mother has something to do with it. Whilst it may be great to have the background, the author still managed to recap on what went so wrong
patrick Lorelli
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I received this arc from Source Books for an honest review:
The second book in the King music family story. Here you have Emmy Lou and Brock with a second chance at romance. This though is not one of those easy fast falls back into love and relationship stories. No. each still has issues with the other one, each believes that the other one broke up with them, and though they have chemistry when they are together it does not go smoothly. Just when you think maybe everything will work out for them
gabreadsbooks
Jan 25, 2021 rated it liked it
This is the second book in a series, and while I was able to understand what was going on, I would recommend starting from the beginning.
This is a second chance romance packed with angst and family drama. Y'all know I love me some angst but a lot of it here was based on not communicating. These two don't talk about the past or what went wrong with them but are so enamored with the other that they just let bygones be bygones?
description

Sure....... let's go with that. After the 50% mark it just became frus
Melinda
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
~~top 10 recommended~~

Okay have to say since reading Jace by this author, Sasha Summers I have been anxiously waiting for Emmy Lou's story. Talk about music to the heart every time Emmy Lou sang it was like surreal seeing it come to life and capturing Brock again. There is a deep connection between them, one that not even her meddling mother cannot break even though she tries real hard to separate them. We see what they used to be like as friends and almost lovers then what they have become putt
Julie
Dec 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This Series introduced me to this Author; what a find. Her books have a storytelling feel and just flow. Once I start reading, it is hard to stop.
Emmy is the darling of Country Music; she loves all her fans. Brock is the face of football due to his talented career. A charity puts them together again after six years apart; we join the story here. Brock has not had it easy these last six years, as his father’s health declines, as well as a couple of significant injuries that have led to some bad
Cat
Dec 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Song for a Cowboy (a bit oddly named as Brock is more football icon than anything) is a solid romance about the aforementioned football star and Emmy Lou, a famous and much beloved county music star. Their history actually started and ended in high school; their romance abruptly ended (mostly due to someone's shenanigans). They are thrown back together several years later when they are both part of a charity campaign.

This story is the second of a series (the first about Emmy's twin sister and Ja
Desiree Bowser
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was a new to me author & I’m happy I took a chance at reading her new cowboy romance! I’m such a lover of cowboy romances! This one was a second chance between Emmy Lou & Brock. They were former high school sweethearts.

Brock is our NFL gruff hero. He’s been through a lot since he’s left Emmy Lou. A chance encounter at a charity bring these two back together, along with feelings they once had!

Emmy Lou is a country star and has 2 other siblings! These two have some serious chemistry, which
Diane McConnell
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Getting another chance with your high school love!

Emmy Lou King and Brock Watson had dated in high school that ended after they graduated with a little help from her mother. Both of them had moved on, Emmy Lou became part of the band Three Kings with her brother and twin sister and Brock almost lost his professional football career with a serious drug issue that almost ended his football career until he got clean. But when they signed to help with the same anti-drug charity, they found out their
Viper Spaulding
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So glad to be back with the Kings!

I'm a huge country music fan, so this story checks all my boxes. I love how sweet and compassionate Emmy is, even when she has to deal with Brock - the man who broke her heart.

Brock is equally heartbroken by Emmy's rejection of him, and his life during the years they were separated was anything but easy. Still, his honor remained and he was a wonderful partner for Emmy.

I adored the family dynamics between the siblings and their father, and I am absolutely loving
Karen Roma
Jan 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
Song for a Cowboy is the second book in Sasha Summers Kings of Country and definitely not meant to be read as a standalone. While this story revolves around Brock and Emmy-Lou, the foundation of the series is set in book one Jace, and you should absolutely start there to truly appreciate the family dynamics, characters such as Jace and Krystal and the wonderful banter between the siblings that adds moments of light-hearted humour. These are both thoroughly engaging stories, and you won’t regret ...more
Janilyn Kocher
Dec 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Song for a Cowboy oozes tension and synergy between Emmy Lou and Brock. Misunderstandings, lack of communication and pride have kept the two apart. Its the second in the series and I wouldn’t recommend reading it as a stand alone since there was a lot of backstory to glean and I did get lost a few times. I thought Emmy was a bit weak. She’s almost 30 years old and still taking orders from her mother. Mommie Dearest would give Joan Crawford a run for her money. In fact, why did Any of the adults ...more
Margie
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Song for a Cowboy by Sasha Summers is the second book in her Kings of Country series. This story is a real winner. Emmy Lou King and Brock Watson were together in their teens. When Brock got a chance to play pro football he took it. Emmy Lou is one-third of the Three Kings, country music stars, along with her twin sister Krystal and brother Travis. Due to nefarious circumstances Emmy Lou and Brock were parted. Six years later they meet again and their second chance story is quite well done. Ms. ...more
InkSlinger PR
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing

InkSlinger PR is excited to be working with Sasha Summers on the release events for SONG FOR A COWBOY, the second title in the Kings of Country series!
You can sign up for the release events here: http://bit.ly/3i0Ugn6
Melena Torretta
Jan 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
Brock and Emmy Lou's story was a wonderful read. I really like Sasha Summers writing style and the character development and romance she created. This is the second book of her's I have read and she is one of my new favorite authors!

Thank you to the author for providing an ARC for an honest review.
Vikki Vaught
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Thanks go to the publisher and Net-Galley for the complimentary copy of Song for a Cowboy by Sasha Summers. I voluntarily agreed to read and review this book prior to publication. My opinions are my own, and no one has influenced them.

Song for a Cowboy is a light-hearted western romance with endearing characters and an emotionally charged plot. The pacing pulled me in from the first page and kept me entranced until the last. Ms. Summers has really done her research of the music industry!

Emmy Lou
Michelle Cable
Aug 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Received a digital copy from Edelweiss.

• Ancient Enforcer (Ancients Rising #3)
  • Mr Right Across the Street
  • The Lions of Fifth Avenue
  • Thick as Thieves
  • The Law of Innocence (Mickey Haller, #7; Harry Bosch Universe #34)
  • Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)
  • Hopeless Romantic (When in Rome #2)
  • Kissing Lessons
  • Playing With Trouble
  • Trusting Skylar (Silverstone #1)
  • Kit (Chicago Blaze, #8)
  • Love Warrior
  • The Case of the Missing Marquess (Enola Holmes, #1)
  • A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)
  • Murder on Cold Street (Lady Sherlock, #5)
  • The Mistletoe Trap (Heart in the Game, #2)
  • A Princess for Christmas
  • Unplugged
USA Today Bestselling Author Sasha Summers grew up surrounded by books. Her passions have always been storytelling, romance and travel--passions she uses when writing. Sasha continues to fall a little in love with each hero she writes. From easy-on-the-eyes cowboy, sexy alpha-male werewolves, to heroes of truly mythic proportions, she believes that everyone should have their happy ending--in ficti ...more

Kings of Country (2 books)
  • Jace (Kings of Country, #1)