Start by marking “Trick Me Twice” as Want to Read:
Trick Me Twice

Trick Me Twice

Keep my head down and make it through my final year of school without attracting any attention. That was my plan.
The thing about plans? They change.
One day, I was an invisible loner, the next, my name was on everyone’s lips.
Why?
I caught the attention of the wrong person.
I tricked Carter Blackthorne, the king of Alstone High.
He found out.
And now?
Now, he’s making me pay.

It’s
Published October 22nd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Trick Me Twice, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Trick Me Twice
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Stand-alone Bully Romance with ties to The Four series!

The following ratings are out of 5:
Romance: ❤️💙💜💛💚
Heat/Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Story/Plot: 📕📗📘📔📙
World building: 🌎🌏🌍🌎
Character development: 👤👤👤👤

The setting: Alstone High School.

The Hero(s): Carter Blackthorne – Football player and self proclaimed King of the school along with his friends Kian and Xavier. Carter is an alpha male with all the arrogant, dominant and possessive traits that make a great bully. Though he is insecure at times, especially when
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
TMT
'TRICK ME TWICE' Is a full length bully romance standalone novel by new to me author 'Becca Steele' Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

I blame it all on the cover, one look and then I was off to Amazon one clicking!! So I'm glad it turned out to be a winner for me!! As soon as I started I was hooked, such a unique, unputdownable read, I loved how this book unfolded, I loved these two together, the invisible mouse and the king of the school.

Throw in the three hot boys the angst and the halloween
Crystal Bell
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Four Trickery Stars

To say I was captivated by this book is an understatement. Once I was in, I was in deep, and I couldn’t stop reading until the end. I always see some kind of breadcrumbs as who or what something may happen. But Becca Steele's sideswiped me on this one. I am still in shock and absolutely love it. It’s that time of the year for Halloween games and trickery, and there is trickery indeed. If you like High school Bully Romance this is a must-read for you.

Carter Blackthorn, foot
Arena♡
3.5 ⭐️'s

apparently high school bully romances are the only things that appeal to me in a slump! i really enjoyed this one, it was like all bully romances, nothing special.

i hated how he hurt her at times but thats kinda the point of being a bully romance so yeah...🤷🏻‍♀️

also, it was really stupid of me to think that this was like The Four series by her, cause i loved that one! 🤡

anyway, since i'm still in the slump, any bully romance rec's ya'll??
ABookLover73
FIVE TRICK STARS for Raine and Carter 💙🖤💙🖤!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Becca won me over with her series "The Four" so I had high expectations from this book.

I have to admit that I was surprised when I realized that the characters from the previous series appear in this book which is a big plus.

Becca's writing style is simple and interesting so reading this book was a real pleasure.

"Trick Me Twice" is a dark bully high school romance with enemies to lovers trope.

Raine is a female character who has learned to always
Na
Oct 17, 2020 rated it liked it

Trick Me Twice was my first book by Becca Steele and will definitely not be my last. I can't wait to read more of her stories.

First I was sold to this book, seeing the cover for the first time, then the blurb sealed the deal. The blurb is super promising and I was really looking forward to reading it. However, I think my expectations got quite ahead of me. Therefore I was a little disappointed when the story didn't fully live up to it. But that's quite the thing with expectations, isn't
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

Web-Photo-Editor Are you willing to pay the price? Trick him once, but don’t trick him twice."

“Trick Me Twice” was a standalone by the best selling author Becca Steele. Told in dual perspectives , this book was one hell of a High School bully romance!

Carter Balckthorne never really liked Raine. She was the mousy neighbour next door and was the perfect child his parents wanted. Everything he did was compared to her and he couldn’t hate her more
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***5 "Little Trickster!!!" stars***

AVAILABLE NOW

"You can run, but you can't hide."

It's not a secret that I'm a huge fan of bully romances... Combine with that Becca Steele and you will have a rocky, magnificent result...
For once again, we dove on the Alstone world, but this time on high school in contrary of the college that was set the FOUR series and for once again, Becca managed to stole the show and make me swoon over these characters and their story!!!

"Two halves, so different,
SCBookAddict
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved Every Bit of This Story!

This story is freaking brilliant! From the tormenting, to the cat and mouse games, to the incredible chemistry, to the suspense, there was never a dull moment. I was hooked from the very beginning!

These Alstone High characters gives the Alstone College characters a run for their money.

Carter and Raine are as opposite as they come but they have some of the best chemistry I've read!

Carter is the king of Alstone High, captain of the football team. (Soccer - I'm Ameri
M
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This cover did me in!

So did Carter Blackthorne! Even with the push and pull. Even with the crap things he did or said. I still wanted him to get the girl in the end.

Raine was strong and didn't give in to him. She made him work for her heart. Even though she may have tricked him on Fright Night, in the end he loved his little trickster. She was never plain to him. She was everything.

I also loved the additional characters from Becca Steele's The Four series.
Megan
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Little trickster, where are you going in such a hurry?"

I'll admit, I was a little curious to see what direction Becca would go in after The Four and my curiosity rewarded me brilliantly.

Raine is an easily relatable character, and I found her very easy to connect with. Carter is the alpha male who is just to die for...this author is a legend for creating these drool-worthy male characters and I find myself obsessing over every one of them. Yes...including Cassius.

I idolise this authors creati
queen_of_the_books_18
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Give me all your tears, baby.

Trick Me Twice is an all new standalone from Becca Steele set in Alstone High School.

Watch your back, little trickster.

Becca Steele bought very real problems to the forefront in Trick Me Twice because Raine suffers with anxiety. She is so real with how she deals with situations and I loved that! This didn’t make her weak in any way though, I hate a weak heroine, it just made her deal with situations differently and it was refreshing to read.

Are you willing to pay
it.sgottabethebooks
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t get enough of Carter and Raine’s book. The push and pull between the two had me turning the pages faster than I can read. I loved seeing the growth in Raine’s character. And Carter was just melt my panties off sexy. But the cherry on the sundae was seeing Cassius. Be still my freaking heart. 😍 TMT is a sexy, thrilling, knock both characters in the head type of read. I was enamoured and sacrificed sleep to finish this amazing story by Becca Steele. This is a book hangover, epic, give m ...more
sam
Oct 26, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance-read
Can I just start by saying: I didn’t like this book. At all. Its like the characters were having a contest to see who could be more annoying. The romance was trash, I didn’t like the writing and obviously the characters did nothing but piss me off. As much as I love a good bully romance, this is just not it. It basically screams cliché wattpad content. I’m pretty sure you can find better ones on wattpad. Do not recommend. Pick something else up and save your time.
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
5 Trickster Stars⭐
A High school Bully Romance with Steam, Intrigue, Danger, Friendships, Love, and Beautiful HEA❤.

DEVOURED this in 7hrs.

ARC Received for a Honest Review.
I found Becca's books due to Kian+Preston's short Story in ‘Love at First Fright’ anthology, They're here too AND Of course I wanted more! But, I totally fell in love with The characters in this book, especially Carter+Raine *Swoon+HOT!*. This book has ties to ‘The Four’ trilogy (R's bestie is Cass's little sis-Lena) & we see the
PP's Bookshelf
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you are obsessed with high school bully romance, Trick Me Twice by Becca Steele is for you! It has everything that I love about this trope. Bad boy. Good girl. And their twisted love story.

Carter is the captain of his school soccer team and along with his friends, he rules the school. And Raine just makes him angry. He just cannot stand this little, perfect, shy and nerdy girl who is also his neighbour. Then on Halloween, he finds out this girl has a devilish side too. Now Raine wants to run
Laura G/ _page.turner
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Becca Steele knows her way around creating alpha males and resilient females, yeah? After loving and obsessing over Caiden and Winter, my grabby hands were in full effect wanting to see what she came up with next.

I love Carter. Love him! He’s intense and commanding, the King of AHS. Carter is wickedly charming, but definitely holds danger in his hands. Raine though, YES. As much as I love Carter, I love this girl even more. She’s so relatable, so easy to connect with. I loved watching her grow
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
This was such a unique bully romance. I adore the genre and this book clicked all my boxes.
I absolutely ADORED Raine. She was a heroine I could relate to and I really loved her strentgh and character development.
Carter was a hard egg to crack but I really loved their push and pull relationship
The writing was captivating and I was hooked from the first chapter. I recommend it.
Lager Lefse Book Blog
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
FULL REVIEW BELOW!!! One word, AMAZING!!!

I will not be ‘Tricked’ by Becca Steele. After writing drool-worthy, flaming hot, domineering alphas in her previous series, The Four, I was curious to see what the characters would be like in TMT. Well, if drool-worthy alphas are your thing, (and it should be), you would be extremely happy to hear, that Ms. Steele, delivered!
Carter Blackthorne is a delicious concoction of charming, intense, wicked, untouchable, and downright god-worthy in his appearance
Sierra
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
" Are you willing to pay the price? Trick him once, but don't trick him twice"
This book was one of my favorites of 2020! It has darkness, laughter, romance, suspense, and love perfectly balanced to make a perfect story!

Oh Carter, how I love thee. Carter was a great character from the start (hello, the neck grab *swoon*). And I knew he was going to have hella walls put up that our girl would have to break through. Would tricking him be the biggest mistake of Raine's life? Or the greatest?

Ra
Victoria Weston
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Every single time that this author writes a book it totally grips me. I love her style of writing and how the words on the page really pull you in. This book is a real enemies to lovers, bully romance read that I loved.

This book is about Carter and Raine and the journey that they both go on.
Carter is a football player and most defiantly the king of the school and there is no doubt about it. He is a a total alpha male and everyone does what he says without question.
Raine is a girl that is havi
Caitlyn Childress (wickedlittlebooknerd)
Five trickster stars ⭐️!

Becca Steele created an absolutely addictive, intense, page turning read with Trick Me Twice! You want this book in your life, I couldn’t put this book down even if I tried. This author is vastly becoming one of my favorites to read from.

Carter and Raine are two of my favorite characters I’ve read in awhile! Carter is an alpha male in every way and boy is he wickedly delicious, he will become your next book boyfriend and that’s a fact ! He’s intense and dominant and such
Storiesandcoffee
"Are you willing to pay the price? Trick him once, but don’t trick him twice."

description
Siobhan (Bookish Vibes)
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Trick Me Twice is a high school bully/enemies to lovers romance full of angst, drama and suspense.

Raine's goal in life is to make it through high school without drawing any attention to herself then escaping to a college across the country. Unfortunately Carter, the king of Alstone High, has other ideas. And after Raine unintentionally tricks Carter, the gloves are off. These two have so much chemistry, it's only a matter of time before hate turns to love but Carter sure doesn't make it easy.

One
TJ ☾
DNF @ 24%

When did I know I was gonna hate this book? Page 1

I owned this school. I was untouchable. Sauntering down the hallways at Alstone High with my group of friends, aware of the envious looks thrown our way, even the teachers fawning over us.

I'm just reading like oh... 🥱 it's gonna be one of those

description

This girl was beyond pathetic but I think that was the point so whatever, I won't rag on her too hard. Once the real bullying started I couldn't handle another eye roll so I skimmed the sex sce
Rumi
***5 LITTLE TRICKSTER STARS***

Becca Steele has just reminded me why I love to read high school bully romances. The love-hate, the hate-love, the push and pull, the teenage angst… I was in high school bully heaven!

Meet Carter Blackthorne: Captain of the football team. One of the three kings of Alstone High. Cold, ruthless, and unattainable to a fault… until he sets his eyes on a certain little trickster, that is.

Meet Raine Laurent: Costume designer for the drama club. Unpopular, plain, and the de
jess
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
— arc kindly provide in an exchange for an honest review —

Trick me Twice is Becca Steele’s recent stand-alone and I enjoyed reading it so much. I really loved the two main characters and the way they carried the story.

Carter Blackthorne had a good character development in the way that he was able to acknowledge the feelings he had within himself. It was nice to read the way he thought and how he felt towards the people around him.

I absolutely loved Raine Laurent! Her character development was o
AmberReader# Books&BubbleBaths
Trick Me Twice by Becca Steele was a flipping good read and a half!!

4.5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💫

Trick Me Twice by Becca Steele was a flipping good read and a half!!

Becca Steele had me at the brink of insanity with this duo, Carter and Raine.

Carter was an alphahole of epic proportions, but he was very delicious😂❤️I love me my possessive, jealous, dominant men& Carter was all of that. He was also a big bully &Raines tormentor..

I really liked Raine, she was very conservative and closed off her heart to people,
Dani (books and blankets)
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I completely devoured this book.... This is a Bully Enemies-to-lovers romance that will leave you wanting more.

I loved Raine and Carter... even when he was being a arrogant mean a******. I was still hopeful and rooting for them. The words that came out of his mouth!! He can make you cry and turn you on at the same time.... And that means he's the perfect "I can fix him" book bf. 😍😁

Dark with a few twists and turns... Toxic with a dash of angst and a handful of steam..
(sighs) my kind of read, for
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Golden Boys (Kings of Cypress Prep, #1)
  • Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Pretty Little Savage (Sick Boys #1)
  • Never His Girl (Kings of Cypress Prep, #2)
  • Striker (Redwood Rebels #1)
  • Daddy's Angel
  • Shallow River
  • Stone Cold Queen (Sick Boys, #2)
  • Corrupt My Mind (North Haven University #1)
  • Unholy Union
  • Stories of September
  • Savage Kingdom (Sekten, #1)
  • Bully King
  • The Reaper (Dark Verse, #2)
  • Unholy Intent (Unholy Union Duet #2)
  • Tame Him (Rebels At Sterling Prep, #2)
  • Aggro
  • Taunt Her (Rebels At Sterling Prep #1)
Becca Steele is a contemporary romance author from the south of England, where she lives with her husband, two kids, and a whole horde of characters that reside inside her head.

When she's not writing, you can find her reading or watching Netflix, usually with a glass of wine in hand. Failing that, she'll be online hunting for memes, or wasting time making her 500th Spotify playlist.

Stalker links
ht

News & Interviews

“This girl. I was gone for her. Why had I ignored how perfect she was for me? Yeah, she did like my sadistic side. I knew how me restraining her when we fucked turned her on, and just how hard she came when I was gripping her throat. After everything that had happened with Dylan, I’d been hesitant to do anything that might trigger her, but she…I wasn’t really sure I understood, but she said that she felt safe with me and trusted me. And I’d never do anything to break that trust.” 4 likes
“She looked so happy. Anyone could see how genuine her smile was. They looked like a proper couple, staring into each other’s eyes with the sunset behind them. I sucked in a harsh breath. It hurt to see her happiness and know that it was caused by another man.” 1 likes