Start by marking “A Granite Springs Christmas (Granite Springs #6)” as Want to Read:
A Granite Springs Christmas (Granite Springs #6)

A Granite Springs Christmas

(Granite Springs #6)

A return to Granite Springs. A family Christmas. A time for love and joy…or is it?

A year after a devastating bushfire destroyed Magda Duncan’s home, she returns to Granite Springs determined to resume her life and organise a wonderful family Christmas. But the elation of her homecoming quickly turns to disappointment as she discovers not everyone is in tune with her plans.
Published October 28th 2020 by Cala Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Granite Springs Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Granite Springs Christmas

Start your review of A Granite Springs Christmas (Granite Springs #6)
Brenda
Magda had returned home one year after the bushfire had destroyed her home, after staying with both her sons and their families, Kenny in Adelaide, and Scott in the US, while her house was rebuilt. She had missed Granite Springs and her old friend George and was glad to be back in town where all her friends were.

As time moved forward and Christmas loomed, Magda and George – both in their seventies – slowly realized they were more than good friends. But when a shock from George’s past threatened
Kathleen
* FRESH OF THE PRESS!!
A GRANITE SPRINGS CHRISTMAS by Maggie Christensen!

I love the beautiful cover on A Granite Springs Christmas by talented author Maggie Christensen. Like all novels in A Granite Springs series, this novella is set in the fictional country town of Granite Springs, New South Wales, Australia. The characters are real people I would love to have as friends, and when I read these books it is like "catching up" with old friends along with making new ones.
I enjoyed reading this he
Helen
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Who doesn’t love a good Christmas story? Set in one of my favourite towns this one sees Magda Duncan find love with her best friend George Turnbull, who would have thought that when you reach the age of seventy that life could bring such smiles, I did very much enjoy this one.

Magda is now back home in a new house after the devastating fires last Christmas, will a new home make for a new life, Magda is restarting her massage business and busy planning a Christmas with her two sons and their famil
Sharon
Apr 30, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to follow.
Anne
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Yes, another Christmas book – but a very different setting, and not a flake of snow in sight. There’s something rather lovely about experiencing Christmas in another country – but although the traditions might differ a little and the sun might be shining rather more, the family issues that often mark the season are the same the world over.

If you’ve read the other books in the series, you’ll already know Magda a little – we’ve come across her walking her dogs, Jo and Fran have visited her for hea
Craig / Phil
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it

A sweet welcoming mature age love story set in the town of Granite Springs and with the addition of friendly familiar faces this is one Christmas everyone is invited to.
Magda Duncan has returned to Granite Springs after a fierce fire burned her home to the ground.
She is looking forward to a family Christmas in her new home and continue her life in the small town but things don’t always go to plan.
George Turnbull has always felt a connection to Magda, he has been close to the clan and Magda’s hus
Nancy
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Granite Springs Christmas is another installment in the Granite Springs series by Maggie Christensen. The book begins with Madga returning home to find her house had burned down. She had lived in the home with her dogs after her husband passed away and her sons had grown up and moved away. She goes to live with her sons for the next year while her house is rebuilt. She returns to her new home which is new, but also built for her. She now as a spa room to further expand her masseuse business. H ...more
Kathy
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Magda and George are a wonderful older couple. He was her late husband's best friend, but has always loved her. After the horrible tragedy of the bush fire that destroyed her home, she's back to reclaim her life and see her best friend George once again. Can he now say the words that will change their relationship? Will their friends from previous books in the Granite Springs series give them the little nudge they both need?

I loved their story full of love, friendship and family, and the unexpec
Lesley
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
I enjoyed meeting up with all the people in Granite Springs again in Maggie Christensen's latest novel , the main character in this book is Magda who lost her husband Bill a while ago . Since then she has been well supported by her friend George who is delighted to have her back in the community after a year away with her family following the fire which destroyed her home . A retired solicitor George kept a close watch on the rebuilding of her new home in her absence and plans to spend Christmas ...more
Lena West
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've just finished reading 'A Granite Springs Christmas' by the wonderful Maggie Christensen. With the empathy, wisdom and humour for which she is renowned, Maggie has given us another heart-warming story of family, friendship and love. I particularly enjoyed the sensitive handling of George and Magda's transition from best friends since their youth to lovers. It's a beautiful reminder to all of us who are not as young as we once were that we should not be afraid to reach out and claim love, tha ...more
Janine
Dec 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
A lovely Christmas novella which continues the Granite Springs story this time with Magda who returns to Granite Springs after her home was destroyed by bushfires 12 months earlier. It has been rebuilt and along with that she must rebuild her life and her massage business.

George has been a friend for years and has now retired and really likes Magda but as their romance blossoms a long lost secret is revealed which threatens their chance at long term romance.

This was a great little Christmas stor
Janet Graham
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming Family Christmas
This Christmas story is part of the Granite Springs Series. As in other episodes, another mature couple finds lasting love. And, as in other episodes, the road is not always smooth. Like the others, this book can stand alone but it does share characters with the rest of the series and they all occur in Granite Springs. All of the books in this series are clean with no open door sex and are very heartwarming. True love can happen at any age. And, it can happen more th
Linda
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Family, friends and senior romance for a warm Christmas in Oz🌏

I love this Granite Springs series of romances for the over 50 crowd. Leads Magda and George are in their seventies, with a close friendship that goes back decades. Events and some friendly advice conspire to drive the couple to consider leaving the friend zone for closer companionship. Christensen's story gives a realistic but positive take on the pleasures and possibilities that lie in store for active seniors in this day and age. I
Meg Martin
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another delightful cozy story by Maggie Christensen. Magda's home had been destroyed by fire and rebuilt. Her return home was exciting and she was anxious to do everything right. George was just as ready to reveal his love for her. He was her late husband's best friend and had helped Magda and her sons after she lost her husband and he has remained in a platonic relationship with her. However, Christmas is approaching giving her the perfect chance to stall with any answers. Family, friends and l ...more
Mrs R.A. Strange
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this continuation of the fictional Granite Springs. Maggie Christensen continues to provide books with empathy and humour. This one is another. It tells the story of Magda and George both in their 70s who have been best friends for years and suddenly find love. The story centres round their transition from friends to lovers and the inclusion of family from both sides in time for a wonderful Christmas.

This is yet another book that looks at usual people and their lives which makes the story
Mommysmoose
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love in your 70's ?? Of course and Maggie makes it just as real and special as young love. I loved this book. It was sweet and romantic. Magda and George have been friends for years. Now it's finally their turn to have the love and companionship that they have waited a lifetime for. With christmas coming bringing family together, there is lots to be excited about. But, George is shocked to find out that he has a long lost family that he knew nothing about. With more family to love, George and Ma ...more
Ellen Gardner
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another slice of life from Granite Springs, although this is part of a series it's also a stand alone story as they all are. This is the story of Magda who is a very interesting character that loves crystals and is the local masseuse and sometimes the local fortune teller. The characters are beautifully written and come to life in my imagination. If you like clean modern romance for the mature generation then this is for you. ...more
Carolyn Shelley
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maggie Christensen brings you into her books and makes you feel every bit a full participant in the story. Her characters are normal folk moving through life with the same issues many of us face. Growing older with friends is often a beautiful replacement for distant family. Visit Magda and George and share a cuppa.
Karen
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Real Page Turner

Maggie did it again! It was great to learn more about Magda since she has been in other books. I had a hard time putting this book down to do my housekeeping. Loved it !

Anne Ogger
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Story

I enjoyed reading about Magda and George in this book. Unlocked that they were going to spend the rest of their lives together. George's New family and Magda's granddaughter all.got along so well and had a wonderful Christmas togerher.

Trish
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Granite Springs Christmas

It was so nice to revisit Granite Springs and spend Christmas with George and Magda. I really enjoy this series and this book makes a lovely addition to the collection.
Ruth
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You can’t help falling in love with Granite Springs, Magda, George, their friends and families. Maggie once again has written a mature romance you won’t be able to put down.
Julia Reynolds
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review

Great read easy, beautiful story of love and friendship, how each can intertwine and be forever, enjoyed how was written
Michelle
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad Magda has finally gotten her own story. She has always been willing to help those around her. She deserves her own HEA, even if she thinks she doesn't need it!

Granite Springs feels like a second home to me now after reading so many books in the series. Each story allows me to check in on the characters and see how they are doing. I love it.
Marjorie Cooper
robyn herrriott
Jan 11, 2021
Nov 26, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Pepperina Grove (Tullagulla Book 3)
  • A Tullagulla Christmas
  • Cherry (Pentecost Island Book 6)
  • All Of You: Emma will do whatever it takes to protect her daughter. Even throw away a chance at love. (The Holbrook Series Book 2)
  • Time Will Tell
  • Odessa (Pentecost Island Book 7)
  • Settle The Score (Off The Field #2)
  • Sienna (Pentecost Island Book 8)
  • Return To The Outback
  • Iron House Station: A father's love runs deep...
  • Something to Talk About
  • The Final Siren (Off The Field #1)
  • Snowy Mountains Daughter
  • Emma (Lyrebird Lake #4)
  • The Stockman's Daughter
  • Something to Hide
  • A Letter for Rosie
  • Montana (Lyrebird Lake #1)
After a career in education, Maggie Christensen began writing contemporary women’s fiction portraying mature women facing life-changing situations. Her travels inspire her writing, be it her frequent visits to family in Oregon, USA or her home on Queensland’s beautiful Sunshine Coast. Maggie writes of mature heroines coming to terms with changes in their lives and the heroes worthy of them.
From he

Granite Springs (9 books)
  • The Life She Deserves (Granite Springs #1)
  • The Life She Chooses (Granite Springs #2)
  • The Life She Wants (Granite Springs #3)
  • The Life She Finds (Granite Springs #4)
  • The Life She Imagines (Granite Springs #5)
  • The Life She Creates (Granite Springs #7)
  • The Life She Regrets (Granite Springs #8)
  • The Life She Dreams (Granite Springs #9)

News & Interviews