Start by marking “The Anti-Boyfriend” as Want to Read:
The Anti-Boyfriend

The Anti-Boyfriend

From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward, comes a new standalone novel.

At first, my neighbor Deacon frustrated me.

Sure, he was great-looking and friendly.

But our walls were thin, and on occasion, he’d bring women to his place and keep me awake while he “entertained” them.

As a single mother to an infant, I didn’t appreciate it.

So, finally it was my turn.

Whe
Published August 31st 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Anti-Boyfriend, please sign up.
Amanda I happened to read these two titles (Roomhate and The Anti-Boyfriend) back-to-back, and I did not feel they were the same or redundant. They were both…moreI happened to read these two titles (Roomhate and The Anti-Boyfriend) back-to-back, and I did not feel they were the same or redundant. They were both great reads.(less)

Start your review of The Anti-Boyfriend
Rebeka
Jul 20, 2020 rated it did not like it
Vi Keeland
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautiful book with so much heart! I'm not sure who fell harder for Deacon...me or the heroine! It might just be my new favorite from Penelope! ...more
Elizabeth
Jul 20, 2020 marked it as nope-nope-nope
If I had a penny for every plot that involves a heroine hearing the hero have amazing sex next door while she is a virgin or celibate I would be a millionaire. This plot has been done to death. Time to retire it and move on! Jeez

Also is there some romantic fantasy i dont know of where women want to hear or see the man they love or will love having sex with other women? It to me does not belong in the romance genre.
Dawn
Aug 31, 2020 rated it did not like it
This one is a definite return. There is an understanding in the premise that he heroine has heard the “hero” with other women, yes. But the implication is that he met her and changed. He doesn’t. He moves his bed and still regularly screws other women throughout the book. He continues to date (and sleep with) other women after he and the heroine are together. He gets into a new (real) relationship with another woman, after basically telling the heroine that he didn’t want to be in a relationship ...more
Penelope Ward
Aug 30, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
★ ★SALE ENDING NOW★ ★

Going, Going, Gone! I'm about to change the price of THE ANTI-BOYFRIEND very soon from $3.99 to $4.99. The book will NOT be on sale again and will NOT be going into Kindle Unlimited. So, if you were planning to buy it, it's at the lowest price it will ever be RIGHT NOW. Have you read it? An emotional, single-mom, man-next-door, friends-to-lovers romance! A STANDALONE!
Amazon US ➜ https://amzn.to/32IqJra
UK ➜ https://amzn.to/3lBeoho
CA ➜ https://amzn.to/3lyC2ek
AU ➜ https://amzn.
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Jul 20, 2020 marked it as author-i-won-t-read
oh look...PW writing another manwhore Hero and the heroine getting to experience his "dalliances"

so original :-\
Nova B
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
When you’ve read enough books by this author. You realize there is always a pattern she follows. So it gets tiring cause like I already know what’s going to happen.
I think I need a break now.

What gets me its always the guy sob stories. Never the heroine. He’s always got some past that he can’t get over.
Honestly I read this for little Sunny but she couldn’t save this book. It was ruined by a almost thirty year old man child.
Penelope change it up. And stop embarrassing your heroine.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
AMAZON https://www.amazon.com/Anti-Boyfriend...

5 STARS

I fall in love with the story from the beginning, it was caotivating and fast paced!Penelope delivers a fun,heartwarming,sweet and sexy story!One of the best things in this one is the connection and banter between the main characters!!

I loved Deacon, Carys and Sunny. They have some really intense and sweet moments.Also there are some super hot mommnets.I loved their connection, they were flirty,funny and sweet.

I devour it, so good!I highly
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description

Hm. Not really sure what to say.
I always have my problems with Pen & Vi books.
There's always some weird thing that I hate. Like cancer, surprise baby, crazy ex.
And there was a little bit of that in here. But what I didn't like this time was the talking. They were talking soo much. Way too much and long and weird for twenty-somethings. I felt like reading a business letter between a lawyer and an english professor. Young people don't talk like that to each other!
And then nothing really happens.
Jen
I devoured this book in one day!! There was something special about this story of a single mother and her super sexy neighbor! One of the things that really touched me about Carys’s daughter; Sunny was the fact she was Down syndrome... I was pleasantly surprised that the author wrote her character to be Downs... and quite honestly it took this story to another level for me! Deacon’s interactions with the angelic Sunny were so heartwarming that I just couldn’t put this book down!

I loved everythin
Nas
Sep 03, 2020 rated it did not like it
i think it's time for me to stop reading this author's books because what THE FUCK WAS THAT ...more
✨ Lucy ✨
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"One : you can't prove yourself with words, only actions.

Two: you can't choose who you love "

I literally don't know how to express in words what I felt reading this book.

I'm still riding the wave of emotions that comes with this story .

I loved it . LOVED IT.

I think i finished it in just one sitting . It was inevitable , there was no way of putting it down.

Like always Penelope Ward created a new masterpiece .

I've always been sceptic about single parents kind of books , but with this one I
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

E846F744_8044_4629_83B1_14DDDF087414

Carys Kincaid is a 24 yr. old single woman living in New York. She's a single mother of a baby girl, and still adjusting to her new schedule when her neighbor Deacon annoys her with his loud socializing. Between his active single life and her daughters crying, she needs sleep. She's shocked when she learns he's apparently a baby whisperer. As her daughter warms up to the gorgeous bachelor, they form a friendship. Soon she's crushing hard on her hot neighbor,
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 03, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Carys Kincaid was a new mother desperate for a good night's sleep. Unfortunately, her neighbor Deacon Mathers had different ideas with his active extracurricular activities. What started as “neighborly talk” turned into a budding friendship, but fear might stop them from going any further.

I liked both Deacon and Carys and how their pasts connected them. It’s amusing how he inserted himself into her life. And I loved S
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*I Just Couldn't Continue*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

No rating due to DNF
I got to 30% (chapter 8) into the book and I just gave up. I felt no connection to the characters, nor between the characters. There was nothing special about either character - they were too kind for my taste. There was nothing sexy about Deacon Mathers (29), who design interactive games for a company based out of Asia. There was nothing that drew me to him - and you all know the male character is the most important part of the b
Zita
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
Did I enjoy it? Yes. Filled all of my expectations? No.
They remind me of Damien and Chelsea from another Pen book but frankly, this was so rush and I couldn't truly connect with the characters or their motives.
Once It was "decent", otherwise I won't re-read this anytime soon.

Upd: They just pissing me off every time when I think about them so yea, one-star minus.
Wendy'sThoughts
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Penelope Ward Fans, Romance
4 The Whisper Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free-It's Live!!!
Penelope Ward's The Anti-Boyfriend is the type of book that will take you by the hand and show you things and people can change...and for the better.
It has, Carys, a newly single mom with the cutest six-month baby girl who is testing this young mom's ability to manage. As much as she loves this wonder, outside elements are causing some sleepless nights.

The cause for this disturbance her neighbor who seems to have extremely noisy partners. The
Auntee
This book was sweet, it had some real heat, and I can't deny it--it made me cry at times. That lets me know that I was invested in the outcome between Carys and Deacon (not to mention little Sunny), which is a sign of a good read for me. This book had lots of details ( that I crave) which helps to make a good story. Did I know why Deacon was so adamant about not wanting children in his life? Yeah, I figured that out almost immediately when he revealed some of his backstory to Carys. Was I surpri ...more
Dali
I couldn’t put it down, it had allll the feels! Penelope Ward delivers a late summer read that shines with its cute, sexy and emotional journey.

Plot: Former ballerina and now single mom, Carys Kincaid had had it up to the wazoo with her neighbor’s late night shenanigans. Even though he didn’t disturb her daughter’s sleep, he certainly kept Carys up with his wall banging. Until the tables turned and it was six month old Sunny’s wails that brought Deacon to Carys’ door.

It turned out that not on
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

You know you can't go wrong by reading a Penelope Ward book and while this is a good love story, it could've been so much better.

Deacon and Carys meet because they are neighbors and she's finally reached the end of her rope listening to his nightly sexcapades. Deacon was only too accommodating in toning things down and I really liked that about him.

In fact, knowing that Caryis was a single parent, he bent over backwards to help her out and be a true friend. Naturally, this throws them to
NAT.orious reads ☾
3.5 STARS ★★★✬✩
This book is for you if… you want to continue your ride on the train of effortless and easy romance novels.

Overall.
If you take a look at my most recent reads you'll come to discover a(n) (un)healthy portion of romance novels. I have streaks where I want to read nothing but steamy, swoon-worthy romance novels and periods I can't bear them for the life of me. I think I'm about to transition from one to the other as I've noticed to be just a tad annoyed with them lately.

May
The Avid Reader
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Before I say anything else let me praise the sheer hotness that the cover of this book is. It's just so gooooood!!!!!

With that said, I really enjoyed reading the book and that comes as no surprise to me because I don't remember not liking a Penelope Ward book.

Though the plot was a bit cliche, it was well-written. I would rather read a book with a well-written, cliche plot than a poorly- written, unique plot. The execution makes all the difference, in my opinion.

The hero was so likable and I cou
Sep 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 Monkey Ball CROWNS

The Anti-Boyfriend by Penelope Ward is a solid read - good plot, likable characters, solid story-line.

Overall, I enjoyed the characters and their relationships. Their meet cute was great, and Deacon actions make him immediately likable. He has the playboy with the kind heart, although the playboy aspect is in short supply.

Caris is also very likable. She is a good mom, and I love that she always has her best interest at heart.

The story was go
Mizz Latte
Will never read this book.

Read someone elses review and this book has a doormat heroine and a manwhore hero.

Heroine remains celibate throughout. Hero has constant sex (that she can hear) throughout the book even after he has been intimate with the heroine.

NO ONE ENJOYS WITNESSING/HEARING THEIR LOVED ONE HAVE SEX!!!!

Seriously...this author AND readers who enjoy this type of "romance" are pathetic and need to understand the concept that a STRONG female can be in a relationship with a LOYAL NON-MAN
Andrea Fleury
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Decan and carys

Decan lived in an apartment in NY. His next door neighbor had a baby. One day the baby wouldn't stop crying so he went over and knocked on their door. He said hi I'm Decan can I help you. He walked over and picked the baby up and she stopped crying. He fell in love. He refused to get close to anyone because of his past. He was afraid. Cars had a very sad past as well.
Gabriela P.R
Jul 31, 2020 rated it did not like it
Michal
Sep 28, 2020 rated it did not like it
I usually like PW very much but this one? So many bad reviews..

He was her neighbor so the book started with him bangs another woman, loudly, and the heroine can feel the vibration of the fuckery on the wall near her head where her bed is.

GOOD start.

Later we will find he's still fucking other women all along the book.

Not to mention the long slow burn and the heroine's celibacy.

A cheater manwhore hero with no morals whatsoever, with rooted relationship complex, zero sensitivity to the heroine and
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly, missy
It didn't take long for this book to grab me by the heart.

Between the quick, fun, and flirty connection that sparked between Carys and Deacon, to the adorably sweet connection between Sunny and Deacon - my heart was just gone. Penelope Ward managed to strike a balance between scorchingly sexy and eloquently emotional that just made this story an utterly addicting joy to read.

There were some twists and turns along the way, and some of the transitions felt a little jarring to me. Some of the twis
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Like all of Penelope Ward’s book, this one pulled me in with such an easy and fun writing style, a simmering flirtation turning into something more, and such vivid, likeable characters that I wanted to know better.

The way Carys struggled as a new mother, feeling detached from the rest of the world, was so spot on, and the small triumphs she had, even being able to put down a sleeping baby without waking her, were so relatable.
As her next door neighbor and new baby-whisperer, Deacon was adorably

• Happily Letter After
  • Unholy Union
  • The Invitation
  • Fool Me Once (Bright Young Things, #1)
  • The Jezebel (Rivers Wilde #3)
  • Sweet and Wild (Winchester Wild, #1)
  • Bully King (Kings of High Court College, #1)
  • The Rivals
  • Heartbreak You  (Heartbreak Duet, #2)
  • It's Our Secret
  • Southern Seducer (North Carolina Highlands, #1)
  • Penthouse Prince
  • Diamond in the Rough (Diamond, #1)
  • Lead Me Back
  • Flirting with 40
  • Catch Me When I Fall (Falling Stars #2)
  • Heartbreak Me (Heartbreak Duet, #1)
  • The Devil's Crown: Part 1
Penelope Ward is a New York Times, USA Today and #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling author.

She grew up in Boston with five older brothers and spent most of her twenties as a television news anchor before switching to a more family-friendly career.

Penelope lives for reading books in the new adult genre, coffee and hanging out with her friends and family on weekends.

She is the proud mother of a beau