Start by marking “Emmanuel's Book: A Manual for Living Comfortably in the Cosmos” as Want to Read:
Emmanuel's Book: A Manual for Living Comfortably in the Cosmos

Emmanuel's Book: A Manual for Living Comfortably in the Cosmos

Here is the revealing underground classic, a work  that stands beside the "Seth" books as a  delightful and invaluable guide to our inner  spirit and our outer world. Emmanuel speaks to us  through Pat Rodegast and shares his wisdom and  insights on all aspects of life. Beautifully written and  illustrated, Emmanuel's Book I  is to be treasured, enjoyed and passed on to a  ...more
Published February 1st 1987 by Bantam (first published November 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Emmanuel's Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emmanuel's Book

Nicole
Jan 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
No matter who or what you believe Emmanuel is, it's irrelevant. You don't need to have a certain religion to understand or appreciate it, and Emmanuel doesn't say anything to offend any religion. In fact, Emmanuel's Book affirms all the truths that other religions state, but without the dogma, politics or prejudice. This book is my bible, the one I keep on my nightstand and can always count on to give me peace, guidance and confidence.
Donella
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Emmanuel, the eternally optimistic spirit channeled by Pat Rodegast, who debuts in this now-classic metaphysical title, Emmanuel's Book, makes his purpose clear: To remind humanity of what they truly are. And while this book will undoubtedly appeal to lovers of the metaphysical with little effort, I dare say it's not without its charms for even the more skeptical among us.

The message of Emmanuel is akin to that of all the popular religious philosophies of the world: Human beings are here to love
Sue
Apr 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
one of my favorites - I refer to it quite often - lots of underlining - it IS a manual for living!
Polina
Mar 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: available
An excellent interpretation of the view of the world based on universal Oneness, undying soul and eternal safety.
Gaye
Jul 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
I'm almost done--and have enjoyed it. I'm not sure what I believe about channeled personalities--and really, I guess it doesn't matter. What I have found is that there are some lovely and encouraging insights in the book--which is just what I need right now, and it's beside the point "where" they came from!
Chak
Mar 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Chak by: Tom Link
I absolutely loved this book when I read it more than 25 years ago. As I said about Illusions by Richard Bach, this book was very useful during a time in my life when I was looking for answers and didn't know where to start.
Maja Antolić
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You should put this somewhere at hand, when you need an answer,flip it to a random page and there it is..Wonderful!!
Ilie Ruby
Jul 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone looking for something
Recommended to Ilie by: Found it in a used bookstore
This is, indeed, the manual for living comfortably in the cosmos. Hands down, one of the best and most timeless of its genre.
Chesterfield Books
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm not hot into reincarnation or Ram Dass or traditional religion, but a friend gave me this little and very readable book of reflections when I was very ill. It honestly made me feel safe and sound in the universe. I think anyone facing their own frailty would find this book a warm comforter in the coldness that can be life. Some of my favorite quotes: "Your mind cannot possible understand God. Your heart already knows." A prayer for all: "Rest yourself in the reality of God's eternal and ever ...more
Justin
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I usually dislike channeled books, I also love Ram Dass (who wrote the intro) so I am biased in both directions on this one. I found Emmanuel's voice to be similar to Rammy D's and I loved that aspect. On the other hand, I didn't feel myself as charged up/motivated by Emmanuel as I did in Be Here Now or Gristle for the mill.

I didn't find the channeling thing too important here (where it usually is a major turn off).
I am not sure if it was truly channeled but it doesn't seem important as the con
Sabine
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm always currently reading this.
Hari
Dec 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book
Veronica
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites. An inspired work
Brandon Ward
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This is such a beautiful and eloquently written book. The format feels as if you are reading poetry. The warmth and wisdom just pours out. I can only read a few passages before setting the book down and meditating on what was just read. I read A LOT of books too. This rarely happens. It's always the most impactful and powerful books that are like this.

It feels as if the words are loaded with energy that hits deep within your soul. It speaks directly to your heart and spirit. Reminds us to
Jinan
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t claim that I understood everything, but a lot stuck true. Emannuel’s revelations are beyond anything that was ever taught to me, but it is in line with a lot of what I often feel is the truth. “For those who have forgotten”, as he says.
As for the style of the book, it is poetic and easy to read. In many ways, it reminded me of Gibran’s The Prophet.
Renée DeMarco
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book found me when I was 22 working far from home. It was so different yet right. Many years later I still have all the Emmanuel Books, yellowed and torn, underlined. My first adventure into channeling and truth seeking. Bless Pat for bringing me Emmanuel and to Mary for putting the book in my hands.
Nicolás Medina
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Al fin y al cabo, tampoco se está tan mal aquí. ¿No habéis venido a ver la hermosura y la fealdad, el amor y el odio, la luz y la oscuridad? No intentéis escapar. Vuestro cometido es transformalo, no evitarlo.
Deborah Royce
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have found this book inspirational for many, many years
Christopher
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very good book in the Seth tradition. Provides a great deal of comfort.
Connor Dunham
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reads like a poetry book. Whether or not you believe in spirits, Emmanuel's advice will feel like things you already know, but expressed beautifully.
Fabian
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Absolutely wonderful insight into unity.
Ann M
Nov 28, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Simple but clear.
Sylvia
Nov 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: metaphysical
Delightful, light weighted; insights are given to questions asked in the form of short paragraphs, or a few sentences…
Ken Wiltsee

• They Walked with Jesus: Past Life Experiences with Christ
  • The Psychic Pathway: A Workbook for Reawakening the Voice of Your Soul
  • Cosmos, Chaos and the World to Come: The Ancient Roots of Apocalyptic Faith
  • Animal Talk: Interspecies Telepathic Communication
  • Messages from Michael (Messages from Michael, #1)
  • Dianetics: The Evolution of a Science
  • Plotinus, or the Simplicity of Vision
  • Healing Through the Akashic Records: Using the Power of Your Sacred Wounds to Discover Your Soul's Perfection
  • What about Love?: Reminders for Being Loving