Start by marking “Why Are You Here? (Love Kills #1)” as Want to Read:
Why Are You Here? (Love Kills #1)

Why Are You Here?

(Love Kills #1)

A party in the Hollywood Hills.
A perfectly timed smoke break.
A chance encounter.

From the moment I laid eyes on Judah Colt, I knew I was screwed.
He was a whirlwind of emotions, a disastrous tornado of need, while I was only searching for a taste of reckless abandon and a chance to let go.
What I got was almost more than I could handle.
In the blink of an eye, I was no longer
Published July 13th 2020

Start your review of Why Are You Here? (Love Kills #1)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540 wayh

'WHY ARE YOU HERE' is the first, full length romance book in new to me author 'Brianna Jean's' series. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives. This is Judah's and Phoenix's story.

Absolutely nothing could've prepared me for this book, emotionally or physically, at the end of it I was completely drained and felt like I'd lived a thousand lives, this book in all it's ugliness undid me. I fell at this authors feet, feeling everything she'd poured into this book, these two characters were beyond broke
ApoorvaReads
4.75 stars ⭐️

“For the first time in ten years, I wanted to dream. I wanted to set a goal and achieve it. I wanted to…love. Or learn to love. Or get ready for love, or whatever the fuck—I just wanted peace.
I wanted to feel safe from my own mind.”

Gonna be totally real and honest and say that this isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. The characters are flawed, they keep stuff to themselves because no one gets them, they make mistakes,they do drugs, try to forget about their own shit by using booze but thi
Carla Bulian
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4,5. This book has a lot of deep thoughts, the characters are broken and I am really depressed right now!
But this story is amazing.
For me it’s worth the reading!
Dee Garcia
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing

There's nothing anyone could have told me about this book that would have mentally prepared me for the rollercoaster it really is, not even Brianna herself. I went into this thinking I had it on lock, that I could hang and everything would be okay. Yeah, no. I wasn't even 50% in and I'd already sobbed like a lunatic once. By the end, I was a wreck. This is your warning if you haven't received one as of yet. SUIT UP, friends, 'cause it's one helluva ride.

On the surface, Why Are You Here seems li
Nikki (Deeply Bookish)
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
tw // drugs, mention of suicide, mention of abuse

Why are you here? was so intense to read yet I couldn’t put it down and read it almost in one sitting. It was my first book by Brianna and I’m so happy that I decided to give it a try. And after reading this I must say that she is such a great author!

Judah and Phoenix are both broken and went through the most difficult moments of their lives. But when two broken souls like them meet each other it often brings something good to their miserable live
*My Little Book Nook*
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Why Are You Here by Brianna Jean got me right in my feelings. I ran the gamut of emotions while reading this book, and it contains some of my favorite story elements: a strong heroine, a soul-deep emotional connection between the main characters, intriguing and dynamic secondary characters, and an empowering female friendship. It’s a fresh new take on the rockstar/celebrity romance trope, and I LOVE it.

First, know that WAYH is a monster of a book (like a 130k-ish word monster), but it doesn’t fe
Zoe (zoe.s.a)
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“From one fucked soul to another, steel yourself. This industry is ruthless.”

THE FUCKING GOOSEBUMPS YO.
^that was one of the edits I sent to @brianna when I beta read this book. I know you may sit there and think that because I beta read this book that my review is going to be bias, but if you’ve been following me long enough you know I’m always brutally honest.
I can honestly say this book gutted me and left me feeling emotionally spent. I want to be honest with that because this isn’t a soft,
sílvia
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
this was such a rollercoaster 😟 I'm the one in need of therapy now ...more
Tees_BookCave
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WHY ARE YOU HERE? By Brianna Jean is Book One in the Love Kills Series.

This author Brianna Jean is a new to me author, she literally popped up at a time that I needed her book, from the moment I laid eyes on this cover and then this blurb. I was completely undone, I was SOLD.

I am going to start off with saying that with this book you need to go in blind. Do not read reviews because they won't do this book justice. You need to experience everything this book has to offer and let me tell you now t
Vik
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A book hasn't had me feeling so many things all at once in a really long time. This was INSANE. Everything about it was painful in the best way possible. ...more
sadhika ˊˎ-
OH YEAH, this book was about a relationship that's toxic as hell but with a dash of everything to make me adore it. like this reminded me of Lily and Lo but so much more codependent.

🎤rapper!H and tattoo artist!h
🎤fan before meeting
🎤very codependent relationship
🎤damaged, reborn heroine. damaged hero
🎤rich mcs

so yes, this book basically had a ton of tropes i love mixed into one. okay, okay, i have a ton to say about this so here's the plot:

⇢plot Phoenix "Nix" Royal (h) left LA after graduatin
Neelakshi
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: asshole-heroes
Every now and then you come through a book that just hits too close to reality. This is that book. Not something that everyone can kinda get into. READ THE TRIGGER WARNINGS BEFORE YOU START THIS PEOPLE.

This books screams emotions. Grief, lust, love, friendship,anger, numbness, happy, it has it's own fair share of cheeky naughty moments and a whole lot of fighting just to BE THERE.

This is not the kind of love we usually read about. It is not about the love that is based on soft kisses and cuddle
BLuvsBooks
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Because, Baby Bird, I’m crazier than you are. We’re a match made in hell.”

This is a messy and emotional love story. It is toxic with broken people both wanting and needing love. I loved the build of Phoenix and Judah relationship. It was slow burn but also chaotic.

“Phoenix, enough with the pressure, enough with caging yourself in, just…live with me. Be with me. Fall for me. Let me fall for you, messily and too hard.”

A unique New adult emotionally real romance.
That cliffhanger! Need the next n
Sam - s.rae.reads
“Because, Baby Bird, I’m crazier than you are. We’re a match made in hell.”

This review is going to just be a stream of consciousness because I just finished this book and my head is all kinds of fucked up but I need to write a review while its all fresh. If suicide and mental illness are triggering for you please don't read this review.

As soon as Brianna started teasing this book a few months ago, I knew I was going to like it, but what I didn't expect was how deeply this book would touch me. T
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

Why are you here is a standalone contemporary romance novel. Told in dual perspectives , this is Judah and Phoenix's story.

This was the first book that I have read of this author and I am absolutely in love with how she twisted words to give such a raw emotional love story. Let me tell you , this is not at all a simple love story. There were tons of triggers and my heart hurt so much for what both the characters went through.

Judah and Phoen
Katie Salt
Shelves: five-star-read
’There, in the middle of the crowd, I saw the truth in his eyes as he bared his soul to me without even realising it.’

WOW. I mean, this book left me literally speechless. I had no words and I’ve had to wait a few days to write my review as I just didn’t know how to convey how I was feeling in written words that would make sense. I am also aware that these words won’t be enough to convey my love for this book.

Phoenix and Judah are messed up. They’re both struggling mentally with life and have un
carína
This book is depressing as fuck and ngl had me sweating my palm throughout. My emotions are all over the place just like Judah and Phoenix depiction and dynamic.
_bookaddictt
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“𝘓𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘴𝘢𝘥 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨, 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘭 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯’𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘪𝘵—𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘧 𝘐 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩”

how do i even start this review? ok so. WOW.
Why Are You Here by Brianna Jean is the first book in the Love Kills trilogy and let me tell ya you’re not ready for it. I wasn’t ready for it. This world. These characters. EVERYTHING about this story was purely amazing. It had all the elements you could want in a rockstar/celebrity romance. A
Sum🪐
Dec 01, 2020 rated it really liked it

I have been putting off reading this book since it came out, wanting to wait for book 2 because I knew this book contained a lot of triggers for me. Depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts. Those are things I struggle with a lot & if you do, be advised that this contains lots of toxic coping skills and talk of suicide. I knew Judah & Phoenix were going to be the death of me & could feel that they were going to be so intense & boyyy is intense an understatement. I wish I hadn’t waited so long to r
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
My guard was slipping, little by little. I felt myself sliding into too comfortable, too fast when we'd barely survived a whole six hours together, but despite the shitty moments we has... I never felt so fucking alive.

This book was absolutely gut wrenching. There were so many times that this book literally took my breath away.
Author stripped the souls of the main characters bare, crafting a vision of nothing but pure, primal and intense emotions. Watching them falling in love melted my heart.
jess.
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I woke up this morning and all I could think about was Judah fucking Colt. Yeah, this book took me on a ride. I don’t think I can put into words what I felt reading WAYH and I have to commend Brianna for writing something that feels so raw, so honestly real, even in the midst of a fictional world.

Judah and Phoenix are two broken people, trying to find light in the dark. Their relationship is toxic— but at the same time it’s so, so beautiful?!! Like I said, I can’t put this into words, because T
Rose
Jul 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I honestly don’t know how to write my feelings.

This book was a hard read for me.

I tend to lean on blissful happiness. I’m the first to admit while I have trials, they are nothing like that these characters face.

There were moments that I questioned if they should even be together.

I’m mentally exhausted reading. I felt like I was going through life as these characters.

All this aside, it is written beautifully tragically.

Love isn’t easy.
Love isn’t perfect.
Love sometimes isn’t the best thing.
Lov
Taylor
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Anyone that knows me knows how MUCH I LOVE/OBSESS OVER MGK. And the fact that he was Brianna’s muse I immediate to read this. And thank the fucking Devil I did. This book will PULL at you. It’ll pull your mind, body, and fucking soul. The MC’s are battling demons that neither of them want to admit to each other. These demons EAT at them which causes them to EAT at their relationship. Facing the odds this couple makes it. But will they make it? That’s the cliffhanger. I was ENTHRALLED at this boo ...more
Amara
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
MF- twin flames, music/artist, tons of emotion damage

This book crawled into my brain, twisted my emotions to the point where I was had a huge smile on my face one minute and on the verge of tears the next, and then broke me with that ending. Judah and Phoenix -- their chemistry is undeniable, but has the potential to be tragically toxic.

I need to go process, look to see when the next book is out, and find a book hangover cure. FML. 😂

Definitely recommend.
Lizs.book.nook ||Elizabeth||
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m just...broken. Brianna Jean has ripped my heart and soul to shreds with this book. One of the things I love so much about this story from Brianna Jean is that it’s raw, unfiltered, vulnerable. She shakes you to your core with the cold hard truth. Why Are Your Here (WAYH) was the epitome of just that. Judah and Phoenix are two broken souls lost in the anxiety, depression, and anger of their own minds.

They’re toxic together and lash out, but they also find this deep, emotional and physical co
Mandy’s Book Reviews
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow ! This love story is raw intense emotional and brutal and I wasn’t prepared for the feelings it invoked in me . This book captivated me right from the start hook line and sinker and I didn’t put it down till it ended Judah and Phoenix were so toxic together but you couldn’t help but root for them ! Go in blind and make sure you have lots of tissue and get ready for one helluva ride ! This is Brianna Jean at her finest and I can’t wait to see where she takes us on this roller coaster of a rom ...more
Sav
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a complete and utter emotional rollercoaster these two crazy ass beans put me through but dear lord I was here for every second of their craziness, I absolutely can’t wait for more from Phoenix and Judah! 😍
_dreamsofdarkness
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
need the 2nd book asap before I go crazy
Megan
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Because I heard every word"

My first time reading Brianna Jean and what better choice than to start with an intense, emotional book. Angst is one of my favourites. My brain is totally overwhelmed but I could not put it down.

Brianna has created one of the most intense, emotionally raw books that I have ever had the pleasure of reading. The characters, Judah and Phoenix, bare their entire lives and mental states. We see the amazing, the good, the bad and the ugly and I am here for it all. Every
Sammie Bee
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A love that won’t give you butterflies but rather bees

Every so often you read a book that just hits a little bit too close to home, one that is just so damn relatable that it leaves a mark on your soul. Why Are You Here is one of those books for me. These characters are so real and raw and are just trauma personified.

This book won’t be for everyone, I know that for a fact. It bleeds emotions through the pages, pain, joy, lust, hurt, anger, numbness, grief, love, hate and a hell of a lot of des
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Change Cover 4 27 May 28, 2020 04:08AM

• Black Clouds of Cotton
  • Opium Skies
  • The Devil's Advocate (Devil's Playground, #2)
  • Ecstasy
  • Heroin Stained Hearts
  • Poison Laced Truths (In Vein, #4)
  • Sweet Obsession (Ruthless Games, #1)
  • Reverie (Stonewood Brothers #2)
  • Never Me
  • Boy of Ruin (Unsainted #4)
  • Ominous (Ecstasy, #2)
  • The Cruelest Chaos (Unsainted, #3)
  • Charlie (Rydeville Elite #4)
  • Him (Him, #1)
  • Just Drop Out (Hannaford Prep, #1)
  • Pray for Scars (Unsainted, #2)
  • Pedal to the Metal (The 'Cuda Confessions #3)
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High, #1)
See top shelves…
Brianna Jean is a book loving, donut eating, vodka drinking, kind of human. Born and raised in Buffalo, NY, she thinks pizza and chicken wings are a food group and the Buffalo Bills are a way of life (even if they lose).

She has a daughter named Harley, two fur babies, and an incredibly supportive other half. She writes modern dark romance, set in both fantasy and contemporary worlds, and lives ev

Love Kills (2 books)
  • You Said You Wouldn't! (Love Kills, #2)

News & Interviews

“I’d kill for your ass, end my life to save yours. But I think you’ll kill me first, Little Bird.” 1 likes
“No, she was the kind of insane you kept close, beat the fuck out of other people for touching. She felt like the type of madness that deserved to be protected.” 0 likes