Start by marking “Embracing Winter (Lords of Discord, #4)” as Want to Read:
Embracing Winter (Lords of Discord, #4)

Embracing Winter

(Lords of Discord #4)

Winter Varik believes in only one thing—protecting his family.

Even from himself.

For nearly 200 years, he’s kept a dangerous secret from his brothers.

But Winter might have found his salvation in the form of a sexy witch named Fox.

Too bad this same witch was named in a prophecy foretelling the destruction of the Variks.

In a race to uncover the truth behind the prophecy and t
Published August 28th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Embracing Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Embracing Winter

Start your review of Embracing Winter (Lords of Discord, #4)
Wendy
Wow..best out of the series for me!! Absolutely loved these two and Fox had me in stitches!! Now I will try to patiently wait for my favorite to find his hea... Aiden ❤️ I fell in love with him in the very first book and I can't wait to see who his prince will be !!
Cadiva
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
All the stars and then some more stars!

Well, that's how you wrap up a series, not only with a wonderful action packed romance for the youngest of the Varik brothers, but with a conclusion to the series long narrative which has been putting them in danger from the off.

I loved everything about this book, it hit all the right notes I'd expect from a paranormal romance and especially one from the pen of such a talented writer.

Winter Varik's secret absolutely fascinated me, this most reclusive membe
haletostilinski
Oh I simply adored this fourth installment. It was wonderful.

Now, I didn't read the third book in this series because it was poly and that's not my thing, but I found that I didn't miss too much by skipping it, so if you are also someone who skipped the third because of it being MMM, then you are not to worry, it's still fairly easily to follow this without having read the third (Reading the first two, though, is at least something you should do before reading this one.)

In this fourth and almo
Rachel Emily
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm a bit sad that this is the last Varik brother to find his mate, since that means this main series is coming to an end. I loved Winter's story, and I think that he found himself the perfect partner in Fox.

Winter is known as the boogeyman Varik, the one who does the dirty work for the family and is never seen or caught. It's made for a lonely existence, and has also put quite the burden on the youngest brother, to protect the family.

Fox is a young witch who doesn't have much access to his sk
Deborah
Sep 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75*

Winter “Angel of Death” Varik has always been the most enigmatic of the brothers. His life hasn’t been easy. His priority has always been his family. As they face their greatest challenge. Winter faces his future.

Fox is the brightness to Winters shadows.

Winter has been my favourite brother. I love that he finally gets his turn at love. Fox turns out to be just what he needs.

Now I’m just waiting for Aiden’s book.
Lyndy Ann ♫
I have LOVED this series, I cannot get enough of the Varik brothers and their mates, I am sad that their adventures are over with.

As with all the previous books in the Lords of Discord series, I loved Embracing Winter and FINALLY discovering Winter’s secrets.

Winter is the mysterious Varik always there in the shadows and now we know how he does this and what his power truly is.

I loved every second spent with Winter and Fox, Fox is so cute, and I loved his first meeting with the brothers especiall
Tammy
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazing-books
I couldn’t wait for Winters book and I wasn’t disappointed! 🤗
Claudia
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Definitely the best one in the series so far. Winter is such a great character and Fox fits him perfectly.
Loved these two together. And loved that we see all the others as well.

Can't wait to get Aidans story. I really hope it will be as good with a lot of the family in it
Mirjam
“ ‘Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown’ ”

This is book four in the series about the Varik Brothers and tells the story of Winter, the mysterious youngest, Wee One, brother.
The war with The Ministry has reached it's peak and it's time to end it all. When there is a prophecy floating around about the demise of the Variks Winter goes to investigate.
It is at the enemy's place where he meets Fox, the kidnapped witch who supposedly casts the prophecy, and
ML
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This book was a magical journey into Winter’s life. What makes him who he is? He was definitely the most mysterious person of the Varik clan. It was fab to finally get his back story.

Fox was an absolute delight! Loved him.
Chemistry between Winter and Fox was scorching hot. It took Winter a bit to thaw and recognize his true feelings for Fox.
All the Winter puns!
Made me giggle 🤭 a lot! So good!!
Loved their story and HEA. Will make you smile big!

We get a conclusion to all the story
Misty M
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The one I was waiting on!!!!

And it did not disappoint. Combine everything you might have loved about the first three books, and a dash of extra oompf, and you'll have this book.

Poor Winter takes brooding to a whole other level, I'm so glad to finally get his HEA. Fox did put me off a little in the beginning, because he was just so pushy, but I warmed to him quickly. Now I'm really upset that there's only one more book to go, because I really want to see what his potential is, and how he might t
Emily Hernandez
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Winter and Fox melted my heart, made me laugh like a maniac, and took my breath away with their fiery chemistry.

It seems so fitting that Winter, the most mysterious Varik brother, is the one to finish this series off with a bang. I am floored, breathless, and overwhelmed with emotions after devouring this epic novel. I'm still in denial about it all being over--I'm definitely not ready to say goodbye to this family I've become so attached to, but what a spectacular way to go.

Jocelynn was so ca
Jennifer Reilley
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let’s just start with this series BLOWS me away. LOL. I just can’t get enough and when it comes to an end, my heart is going to hurt. I never want to let hem go.

Witches, and vampires, and werewolves are some of my favorite things This book is a huge five stars plus for me. I can’t yell loudly enough anytime I think of the Variks that I love them and want in their clan.

Winter is the youngest of the Variks and the deadliest. He has been a big mystery from book one and in this book we see all of h
Michelle Slagan
BRILLIANT

Phew.....Where to start?  I'll start by saying I am a HUGE Paranormal Romance junkie and Vampires are my absolute favorite.

Embracing Winter is the 4th book in the series but if you haven't started the series yet you should start at book 1 as the overall ARC starts with book 1 and ends with this one.

Winter has been a mystery since the beginning of and I was so happy we finally got to see him in action.  His story was sexy, sweet, intriguing and heart pounding.  The little twist and
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Sep 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was nervous about this one. Winter seems to be the most intriguing of the brothers and after the last one I just wasn't sure what we would get.

This was good. I love that Winter got a witch and I love the gift that came with that love of a witch. Learning why he was the way he was, who he was and what he did was a little heartbreaking. Seeing him young and happy was very welcome.

I feel like there was a lot of time spent not really doing anything and that kind of bugged me a little. Even when th
Vicki
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-pnr
In this fourth instalment of the series, Winter finds his happiness in the form of Fox, a sassy, fun and flirty witch who’s an integral piece of the prophecy.
A well written, perfectly paced plot line with two wonderful main characters and of course, a cast of interesting side characters featuring the members of the Varik clan.
Winter and Fox have buckets of chemistry which leads to plenty of flirty and steamy moments interspersed with beautifully tender scenes which show a previously unseen sid
Kurandera
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well worth the wait

What an excellent continuation in the "Lords of Discord" series....I'm not a big fan of paranormal story lines, but when written by Jocelynn Drake, I couldn't resist...patiently waiting for Aiden's story...I'll say it again Jocelynn Drake has serious word wizardry talent...
Cindy
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Vampire clan

I believe that there's something in this series for everyone! It's been a wild ride, lots of hiccups and curve balls thrown in for good measure. The last story will be about King Adain. Due out in October to wrap up the series.
Go ahead and give this series a go. I promise you'll enjoy it, and who knows? Even love it as much as I did!
Natalie panda eyes
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
As much as I liked Winter and Fox, favourites are still Bel and his wolves. There was no subtlety with this romance and it was great. I liked the Winter puns and just seeing him thaw in general. Favourite part was the end. Looking forward to the last book.
Zane Kage
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5
Gah! This series. I don't want it to EVER end. I could read about the Variks forever.....

Love Winter and Fox and everything about this series.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
LauraSt
Perfection

There are no words for me to explain the greatness that Jocelyn Drake is. Her books and universes are wonderful and filled with adventure and romance, intrigue and happiness. It’s lithely everything you want to see in a series. Winter’s story is finally here, and Miss Drake did not disappoint, our dark angel of death finally finds his soul mate, Fox is everything Winter needs, and Winter is exactly what Fox craves.
Although we still have Aiden’s book, this book was the culmination of
Jacqueleen ♡
We've come a long way from the first Lords of Discord book by Jocelynn Drake. First Marcus found love. Then Rafe. Then Bel fell in love with two men. Now it was finally Winter's turn. His was the story I looked forward to the most. He was the youngest brother, but he was also the most mysterious. I had so many questions, especially about what his actual gift was. There had been plenty of speculation throughout the previous 3 books, but nothing concrete. I will say my guess was far from spot on. ...more
Stellaria
5 stars!

Absolutely loved this one! The best book in the series so far!

Winter, the youngest brother of the four, was a real enigma to me. He was hiding a secret and in his book, we finally understood what the secret was!

There was a prophecy saying there was a witch who will destroy the Varik family. That certain witch, an adorable red-haired guy named Fox was chained in Damon's fortress, and Winter has a mission to steal him from Damon. After seeing him, Winter is confused about his involvement
Amanda
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh I love love love LOVE this one! This book is pure excellence!! I have been craving Winter Varik’s story since the very beginning. He’s been so mysterious and we don’t know much about him up until now, and this novel not only reveals everything I’ve been dying to know but made me absolutely love him. And Fox!! Fox is such a refreshing and fun character, with a great personality. They may have a bit of a rocky start, but if there is anyone who can weave a tale with so much action and romance ...more
kathleen
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What happens when a prophecy brings an untrained witch and a deadly vampire together? Magic! Jocelynn Drake has outdone herself with this final installment of the Lords of Discord series. I have been captivated by this series from the first book and have eagerly been waiting for Winter's story.

I was not disappointed. Winter is the protector of the family and has kept himself emotionally distant in order to accomplish what he needs to keep his family safe. When Fox bursts into his life Winter is
Angie Juarez
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Winter and Fox 💕💕

I have loved this series since book one. And Winter was always such a mystery. I knew his story was going to be good but it was not what I expected... it was even BETTER. We got to see Winter in a whole new light, the emotional, pain filled side. He was suffering and so alone. But in comes a fiery witch that soothes his soul and fills his heart with hope and love. Fox had his own pain but Winter's love and acceptance helps him recognize his own worth. They are so adorable togeth
Pam
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic series finale......or is it ?

Jocelynn Drake certainly knows how to write a gripping love story. I felt as if I was swooning on occasion reading this. Such a sweet sweet novel of Winters life and ultimately his relationship with the funny and adorable cutie, Fox. Poor Winter has had such a terrible dark secret throughout his life, but now finally he has lightness, laughter love and happiness. Well written, engaging from start to finish, just amazing. The supporting cast are characters w
Ellen
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Finally Winter gets his story. For me he was the least known and the most mysterious. He always seemed to walk within a cloud of sadness, and I'm very pleased that he got his happy ending. I think that he was my favorite of the brothers just because of his sad solitary loneliness even when surrounded by family.

I went into this book without reading the blurb, so I had no idea what was going to happen (I had read the previous books in the series so I knew that it would be good).

Fox is a good match
Tracy Perry
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW... What A Fantastic Book! I Loved It So Much!!!It was a great read full of suspense, hurt, secrets, magic & steam, gah, just so dang good! I cried a lot reading this though, my heart went out to all the Variks, Winter especially. Fox, I loved him the little flirt, lol. He was never afraid of the Vamps and always spoke up, go Fox the little spitfire. He was perfect for Winter. I love all the Varik’s and their mates, so sad when the series is over....I hope Zelda kept helping him with his magi ...more
Shannon
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This last book in the Lords of Discord series was a fantastic end, fitting for these brothers.
I admit I wasn’t sure about the youngest Varik. He was so cold and detached in the previous books.
But Fox’s caring and sweet ways totally opened up Winter and showed us exactly what he was hiding.

With Drake’s humour evident, you are drawn into the fight for the family and it’s pretty good. I love how Drake phrases things in a way that is picturesque. You can see exactly how the Variks squabble becaus
« previous 1 3 next »

• Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • The Soldati General (Soldati Hearts, #3)
  • Mr. Perfect (Sinister in Savannah, #2)
  • Rueberry Orchard (Beyond the Realm: Remember #1)
  • In a Fix (Torus Intercession #2)
  • The Hitman's Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot (The Hitman's Guide #3)
  • Basil (The Brinnswick Chronicles #3)
  • How to Hack a Hacker (Unholy Trifecta, #3)
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
  • How to Lure a Hunter (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #3)
  • Stacking the Deck (The Kings: Wild Cards, #1)
  • The Enchanter's New Kids (The Ellwood Chronicles #5)
  • The Soldati Prince (Soldati Hearts, #1)
  • The Foxling Soldati (Soldati Hearts, #2)
  • On the Wings of War (Soulbound #5)
  • Spooky Business (The Spectral Files, #3)
  • The Curse of Redwood (Ivy Grove, #2)
  • Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
New York Times Bestselling author Jocelynn Drake loves a good story, whether she is reading it or writing one of her own. Over the years, her stories have allowed her to explore space, talk to dragons, dodge bullets with assassins, hang with vampires, and fall in love again and again.

This former Kentucky girl has moved up, down, and across the U.S. with her husband. Recently, they’ve settled near

Lords of Discord (5 books)
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
  • Saving Rafe (Lords of Discord #2)
  • Waking Bel (Lords of Discord, #3)
  • Healing Aiden (Lords of Discord #5)

News & Interviews