Start by marking “Godless Creatures” as Want to Read:
Godless Creatures

Godless Creatures

(The Mother of All Things #2)

It has been three years since the massacre at Sablefall Farm and life has slowly returned to normal in the small North Yorkshire town of Helmsley. Mass murderer Harper Darmody remains at large, presumed dead and Elaine is now settled with her children. She secretly harbours her brother and the siblings continue to hand out their own brand of justice to those responsible fo ...more
Published July 14th 2020 by DRF Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Godless Creatures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Godless Creatures

Start your review of Godless Creatures
Dave
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. I loved this book so much. A great follow on from The Mother of all Things but you could definitely read Godless Creatures without reading the first. Although, once you've read this book, you probably want to.
The writing and layout are perfect with each chapter being one of the four main characters in sequence making it easy to follow. The story flows really well.
It's very dark and chilling at times. If it was a movie I'd tell a squeamish person not to watch it alone.
A mother (Elai
Kat
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Expect the unexpected...such clever writing!

Superb sequel to The Mother of All Things. The author cleverly takes the characters to another level as they adjust to life after the massacre at Sablefall Farm. Lenny, my favourite character, embarks on a mission to find Elaine’s sons’ killer and soon becomes embroiled in the hunt for the evil serial killer responsible. There are so many unexpected turn of events that you just don’t see coming, which makes such a refreshing change as I can usually pr
Anita Dow
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The potential for evil is buried in all of us – but is it down to nature or nurture? This gripping psychological thriller is a tense page turner packed with twists and turns. Author Blake's writing flows easily and is a pleasure to read, despite the dark and chilling plot. Continuing the story begun in 'The Mother Of All Things', Elaine and her brother Liam are adults with a shocking past and horrific shared secrets. The pair have adapted to live 'normal' lives and form relationships, whilst qui ...more
Julie Powell
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent sequel to The Mother Of All Things, which elaborates on the horrific events of the past. It was filled with the evil that humans commit, but the question of whether those decisions are inherent or created by experience is explored. I think it can be both. Though does it depend on strength of character? Can the brain be retrained?

With power comes corruption, but does that corruption cause evil? Is it the 'entitled' whose arrogance allows evil choices? Or does it begin from c
Jayne
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a killer born or made???

Jesus! What a crazy, rollercoaster ride of emotions!
You'll find this sequel book to be as disturbing, vile, evil and totally unpredictable as the first...and just as un-put-a-down-able!
Actually, it does make me wonder how sick my own mind is having enjoyed ( I don't know if that's the right word!), such a horrific depraved piece of literature.
Great writing,brilliant storyline, and fantastic characters.
A conclusion of the first book, and possibly an ending for a next bo
mark feenan
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant sequel to The mother of all things. Really enjoyed this authors work.
Moraye Potgieter
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
1. Don’t Talk
2. Don’t Scream
3. Don’t Try To Escape
The three rules that need to be followed to stay alive.

This book shows you how humans become godless creatures and how guilt can eat you alive.

We see this creation through the eyes of The Boy and the created through the eyes of a man drowning in guilt. Through those same eyes we can see how redemption is found and evil is born.

You can see how actions have consequences and how the present shapes the future.

Gabriel Blake has written an excitin
Sarah Jayne
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Having read the first one and had thoughts around how this one would go, I was surprised at the twists and turns! Great end to the story, although it would have been nice to not have a ‘hero from the monster’ for a change!
Would still recommend though, great storyline!
heila brown
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read both the books and thoughts were very good and held the imagination. I don't usually but sequels as they can go on forever but two books is managable. Well done Gabriel ...more
Lontesha Wright
Jun 08, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good follow up to The Mother of all Things. Was excited to see how it all ended and I wasn't disappointed. A bit gory, but still a good read. ...more
Yasmin Judd
Jan 23, 2021
Miss Paula J Brown
May 10, 2021
Eric
rated it did not like it
May 28, 2021
Mar 22, 2021
tracey wiles
Jun 08, 2021

• Here After
  • Left To Die (Adele Sharp #1)
  • All Good Deeds (Lucy Kendall, #1)
  • One Last Step (Tara Mills Mystery #1)
  • Dirty Little Secrets (J.J. Graves Mystery, #1)
  • Next To Disappear (The Emily Swanson Series, #1)
  • Start to Finish
  • Mimicry
  • The Century's Scribe (A Fantastic Decade, #1)
  • The Lost World (Jurassic Park #2)
  • The Resurrectionist
  • Circles of Hell
  • The Death Of Me (DI Grace Dalton, #0.5)
  • Revival
  • Endless Evil (Pruitt County Mysteries, #1)
  • Echoes of the Storm
  • A Hat Full of Sky (Discworld, #32; Tiffany Aching, #2)
  • An Unwanted Guest
My preferred genre is psychological thrillers. I love all the plotting involved in creating a story with twists, turns, and jaw-dropping moments. Some would say my writing is aimed more toward horror-thriller.
I love to read books by Stephen King, Mark Billingham, James Patterson, Dean Koontz, Jeffery Deaver, Val McDermid, Peter James, and Teresa Driscoll to mention a few.
I also love movies like

The Mother of All Things (2 books)
  • The Mother Of All Things

News & Interviews

Secrets between siblings, grandparents with grievances, parents with problems. If you're looking for serious drama, check out these new...