Start by marking “The Hunting” as Want to Read:

Money can't buy everything
But it can buy revenge

Can a doctor take lives instead of saving them?

British doctor Raj Patel puts his own life on the line to treat the injured in war-torn Syria. His medical skills help casualties survive against all the odds. But Raj needs to rely on a completely different set of skills when he is taken hostage in a dangerous case of mistaken
Expected publication: May 18th 2021 by Hodder Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about The Hunting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hunting

Start your review of The Hunting
Nick Brett
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am very grateful to the author and publishers for an advance copy of this marvellous book.

Stephen Leather has been knocking them out of the park for over 30 years with astonishing consistency. He started off with one-off thrillers and it’s easy to forget this was his starting point as we have since been gifted the Spider Shepherd and Jack Nightingale series.
So this is a one off novel and, trust me, at 265 pages, you will probably devour this in a single sitting.
The headline story would be “big
Stephen Robert Collins
I often think that Leather does not like Muslims a lot of his more recent books have been against the 'loony' side of the world of Muslims who spoil it for real peaceful Muslims.
This about the bad side, the big game hunter who thinks killing elephants is justified who gets a horrible poetic justice and then goes insane for revenge.
The cover stinks. If you enjoy a good chase book that reads like a Predator movie you love this.
David Dalton
Feb 21, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written revenge thriller!

Was looking forward to this thriller for a long time. Well worth it. Revenge truly is a dish best served cold. I enjoyed the characters and their motives. A stand alone novel. I am a Stephen Leather fan and this thriller should bring him many new ones.
Unseen Library
Feb 28, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of The Hunting from Hachette Australia to review.

Bestselling thriller author Stephen Leather comes up with another wild and intense novel in The Hunting, a fun and very entertaining read about some terrorists who find themselves going up against a very different sort of opponent.

Billionaire Jon van der Sandt is a talented big-game hunter, having tracked and killed some of the world’s most deadly and ferocious animals across all the continents. However, when his family is murder
Big Bertha
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2021
In the dead of night a team of ex-Special Forces soldiers hired by a private contractor attack an ISIS training facility in the Aleppo Province of Syria, their mission to capture eight Jihadi terrorists, men known to have killed innocent tourists staying at a luxury beach resort in Northern Cyprus. Amongst the many dead and injured was the wife and children of US billionaire and big game-hunter Jon Van der Sandt, he doesn't want justice, he wants revenge and he'll pay whatever it costs to be the ...more
Fred Foster
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Stephen Ferguson
Paul Rodgers
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stephen Leather is probably the only author that I have to read as soon as his book comes out. His storytelling is fantastic and it is always none stop action from the 1st page to the last. The hunting does not disappoint, Very much a page turner, Just gutted I finished it in two days. Highly recommend:)
Alan Pearson
Feb 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
John Ellis
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The Hunting
Another masterpiece from Stephen Leather.
A slight departure from his previous books but just as exciting.
I am always impressed by the research done into the detail of his stories,precise descriptions of the weaponry and even the flora and fauna.

I eagerly await the next Spider Shepherd story.

ting
Andrew Slack
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fast paced highly enthusiastic read

Another excellent stand alone novel from Stephen Leather. this writer is in a class of his.own when it comes to engaging the reader time.and time again.
Helen Perkovic
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Classic example of wrong place wrong time!

Another beauty from Stephen Leather. Fast- moving action-packed tale of mistaken identity and revenge. Buy this book you won't regret it!
D J Prendergast
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent read

An excellent read, from the Wilbur Smith style hunting scenes at the beginning to the stylish story that follows but no spoilers just read it. At least as good as hard landing the first Spider Shepherd book.
ron harris
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cracking read

Stephen Leather does it again with another cracking read in “The Hunting “
After a Billionaire’s family is wiped out by terrorists he sets about taking revenge, however one of the terrorists appears to be not what he seems!!!!
All action , first class , read it !!!
John Walshe
Stephen Leather was a wonderful writer but the last two books including The Hunting doesn't have the excitment of the old days. Certainly not "I can't wait to turn the next page". Really quite boring. ...more
John Priest
3.5 stars. Good but not as good as lot of Stephen Lesther’s books I felt.
Linda Ashby
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Hunting

As usual Stephen Leather writes a book that is full of action, different from.his norm. It is a book.with a twist
Phil Altimas
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stephen-leather
We have a big game hunter and we have a bunch of terrorists
when the terrorists get on the wrong side of the Hunter all hell lets loose.
loved the story
loved the pace

DIane Dutton
Feb 19, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

I've always looked forward to a new stephen leather coming out, so my own fault for not realizing what this is about, read a couple of chapters will not be reading anymore.
Richard Mulholland
Great fun. Love that Leather is doing standalone books again.
Sittingduck
Really pushing the boundaries of belief. Just enough action that I didn't quit a bunch of times.
Lots of stereotyping.
Feb 08, 2021
Klaus Nieft
Feb 08, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Zero 22 (Danny Black, #8)
  • Prodigal Son (Orphan X, #6)
  • Hard Vengeance (Jon Reznick, #9)
  • Kill A Stranger
  • Ronin (John Milton #18)
  • Dark Moon
  • The Finder: A Novel
  • The Left-Handed Booksellers of London
  • Flashpoint (Cam Fraser, #1)
  • I Dare You (Kate Blakemore #1)
  • Run and Hide (Eva Driscoll #1)
  • Tom Clancy Code of Honor (Jack Ryan Universe Book 28)
  • The Trauma Pool
  • The 13th Witch (The King's Watch, #1)
  • The Madagaskar Plan
  • The Trouble with Peace (The Age of Madness, #2)
  • The Last Hour: Relentless, brutal, brilliant. 24 hours in Ancient Rome
  • Cinnamon (Shooting Stars, #1)
Stephen Leather was a journalist for more than ten years on newspapers such as The Times, the Daily Mail and the South China Morning Post in Hong Kong. His bestsellers have been translated into more than ten languages. He has also written for television shows such as London's Burning, The Knock and the BBC's Murder in Mind series. For much of 2011 his self-published eBooks - including The Bestsell ...more