Start by marking “Song for a Lost Kingdom: The Heart Beats in Time (Song For A Lost Kingdom #3)” as Want to Read:
Song for a Lost Kingdom: The Heart Beats in Time (Song For A Lost Kingdom #3)

Song for a Lost Kingdom: The Heart Beats in Time

(Song For A Lost Kingdom #3)

Kindle Edition
Published August 15th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Song for a Lost Kingdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Song for a Lost Kingdom

Start your review of Song for a Lost Kingdom: The Heart Beats in Time (Song For A Lost Kingdom #3)
Mick Dubois
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Both girls have woken up.
After the infamous battle of Culloden, Adeena managed to save James from the exploding ship. H remains unconscious though and his wounds are festering. On top of that, a bounty hunter posing as a surgeon tries to saw off one of his feet. Sir James Carnegie (Katherine’s brother), who’s fighting for the English king and army is ordered by the Duke of Cumberland to find both James and John Drummond so they can be executed as Jacobite traitors. The savage acts of cruelty con
Diane
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If this book was a movie, I’d have been watching it with my hands over my eyes, peeking through my fingers, afraid to see what’s coming but absolutely needing to know anyway. The tension level is incredible in places! But that's not all that this story offers. There is loyalty, love, and the persistent caring and support of people who have defined their family whether it has blood ties or not.

I like the way the author switches the point of view, mostly between the two main characters, but also
Billye Herndon
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sorry to see Adeena and Katherine’s story end!

I have to say there were directions the book took that I didn’t really like. But in the end, I was happy! This was a very good series. The characters were wonderful! It shows how love can conquer all things if given the chance.

This is my honest review. Suggest you read the series for a great read!
Alaknanda Agarwal
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Alaknanda by: Shalini G
Some things transcend time. Music is one of them. And in Song for a Lost Kingdom, it does so quite literally!

Adeena Stuart is a cellist working at a museum, when a special 18th century cello lands up at her museum for display. And miracles happen when she plays it- she’s transported back into time to become Katherine Carnegie. But as Katherine comes alive there, present day Adeena falls into a deep coma. Katherine needs saving, and it’s up to Adeena to do it. Will Adeena be up to the task, even
Shomeret
I have reviewed the first two books in the Song For A Lost Kingdom (SFLK) trilogy by Canadian author Steve Moretti. I am now reviewing an ARC of the third SFLK book which I received for free from the author.

Like the previous volumes, music and Jacobites are strong focuses in this novel. Yet the central dilemma of the plot in the third book is displacement in time. Female protagonists Adeena and Katharine are unable to return to the time periods where they belong. It will seem to the reader that
Jessica Belmont
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Song For A Lost Kingdom is definitely not a standalone. It is important to read the first two novels to really understand what is going on.

This plotline is very interesting. Our two main characters have been lost in each other’s timelines. I think the idea is really intriguing. I enjoyed the mixture of music into this entire series. It is almost a character of its own and I enjoy that.

I like this book more than the previous book. I think the answers I’ve been looking for have finally been give
Tina L
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I so love this story of Adeena and Katharine... with their love and total love with the Duncan Cello! It shows how deep ones caring and true self could go.. even through time itself! This definitely wound-up the series in so many different ways... I hate to see them go, but so enjoyed all they offered. It also makes one wonder... if you could go back in time, or forward,.. what would you love about that, or miss, lose or gain in what you desire???
This book is good as a stand alone, but I would r
Kath
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An Ending That Made Me Smile

The third book, I can hardly say anything other than what a nice ending to this series of three books. I already miss that magical Duncan cello and just know that everything turned out as it was supposed to be. A nice series and a nice book three. Love and music and time travel. Wonderful.
Marti
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book; great trilogy! There is a complex plot that becomes more believable with every page. I loved all the primary characters (except the villains, of course!) and their dialogue was appropriate whether modern or 18th century.. Two of the main characters had the same first name (James versus Sir James) which was very confusing at times but overall this is a fine read! Highly recommended.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader copy of this book.
James Johnson
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Because I am retired I can read as much as I want. But I don’t usually read entire books all in one day as was the case with Song for a Lost Kingdom book 3. After devouring the prequel and books 1 & 2 I charged into book 3 with one mission. To finish the series. I literally could not put this book down What an amazing story and concept. Steve Moretti has really created a an incredible novel. Adeena Stuart from 2019 and Katherine Carnegie from 1700s Ireland are both musicians that are somehow con ...more
Irene
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book I have read by Steven Moretti and by far it was his best. I have watched the steady development of this talented writer for many years and I think he is near the top of his trade.
Many of the characters in this book feel like friends of the family and you are sharing their trials and tribulations vicariously. The book has everything needed to make a great read; adventure, romance, excitment and suspence.

I recomment it to anyone seeking an entertaining read.
Esther Wheeler
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Timeless

The concept and final delivery of this and books I and II has been a real delight. While a fantasy, the history and fictional lives of the characters really stir emotions and learning. A great read. Am looking forward to more from Steve Moretti.
Fiona Andrew
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been entranced with this series from the very first page of the very first book. It’s stimulated my mind with patriotic thoughts of my homeland, I wanted to go back to Scotland and to visit Canada and wander the places mentioned in this series. I could see them in my minds eye as they were and as they are. I am going back to the beginning to re read this series as the tale of Adeena and Katherine deserves many reads. I am sorry the series is complete but my life has been enthralled by Te ...more
vivienne morgan
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was completely lost within this book, my absolute favourite of the 3 books. Loved them all but this one had me gripped. I felt I had been dragged into the story with them. I felt I really got to know both Adeena and Katherine so well. Wow what a great screen series this would make. All credit to the author Steve Moretti, he sure knows how to captivate and draw in his readers. Highly recommend this wonderful book
Toni Simpson
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

Loved this third book of the series. Adeena and Katherine's story continues so seamlessly and all their music duets with their messaging via their cello let one freely use their imagination and believe.
S. Daisy
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quite enjoyable read. A great end to a great series. I will miss Adeena and friends very much, though! It's sad that there will not be anymore Song for a Lost Kingdom books coming out in the future. ...more
Tam
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Clever and imaginative! Great, multi-faceted characters. Very interesting plot. Vivid descriptions. Kept me intrigued from the first page to the last. Simply a GREAT read!

*I received a complimentary ARC of this book in order to read and provide a voluntary, unbiased and honest review, should I choose to do so.
Amy
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Adeena Stuart and Katharine Carnegie have both woken up in the other's life.

You can read my full review in my Blitz post on my blog.

Book 3 was definitely what I was hoping for and delivered many 'oh my gosh' moments as I had expected. The conclusion to this series was everything it needed to be and a very satisfying end to both Adeena and Katharine's journeys.
Jennifer Willison
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 in this amazing series. The story of the girls will keep you turning pages. You wont want to stop reading until the end, and even then some!
Holly Lenz
Jun 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Teresa Kilpatrick
Nov 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
I received a free copy of this novel by Book Siren, any and all opinions and commentary are my own and in no way reflect the author, Book Siren or any other reviewers. This book is the final book in a trilogy, it involves time-travel, historical events, romance and a LOT of absurdity.

I would love to say that I like this book… or that I loved the series. To anyone who reads this review, know that I would call myself a series addict. This series might have cured me of that. Book one was great. By
Brittany
May 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received a complementary copy of this book from the author via Voracious Readers Only.

This book was cool in its concept, with music being the vehicle of magic, so to speak. I liked how the history of Scotland was brought into this book, giving the book a good anchor to both the real world and the magic realism it presented. I would say that it is very obvious that the author is male as some of the descriptions of women and their concerns in the book come off as a bit stereotypical, or perhaps
Cynthia Haveman
May 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great Historical Fiction

As a huge fan of the story and characters of Outlander ( not necessarily the time travel aspect), I was wary of reading another similar series involving time travel. But, I truly enjoyed this trilogy. The story and characters did not disappoint.
Lee Rachael
Jul 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Best Audiobook ever.
Catherine last goodbye to Adena in the Journals was unexpecting beautiful and touching. I shed a tear as I listened. Great ending.
I'm sadden the story has ended.
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great finish to a great trilogy. The plot twists kept me guessing right up to the last chapter, and the ending, in my opinion, was the perfect finale to this musical time-travelling epic!
Edward Marsh

• Shooter in the Shadows
  • The Assistant
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
  • The Murders in the Rue Morgue and Other Tales
  • The Murders in the Rue Morgue - a C. Auguste Dupin Short Story (C. Auguste Dupin #1)
  • A Christmas Carol Murder (A Dickens of a Crime #3)
  • Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger, #1)
  • You Can't Hide (Romantic Suspense, #5; Chicago, #4)
  • Act of Mercy (Sister Fidelma, #8)
  • The Silent Dolls (Detective Ellie Reeves, #1)
  • The Patient
  • The Bone Hunger (Benjamin Oris #2)
  • Across the Water
  • Silverthorn (The Riftwar Saga, #3)
  • Who's Next? (Detectives Lockhart and Green #2)
  • One Left Alive (Detective Morgan Brookes, #1)
  • Siege of Stone (Sister of Darkness: The Nicci Chronicles, #3)
  • Before He Kills Again (Detective Cassie Rowan #1)
I studied journalism at Carleton U. in the last century when it was still a 'profession', but my real education was at the radio station, CKCU-FM. The mighty 93.1.

Worked in public education in Ottawa and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it!

Ran my own software business for 20 amazing years.

Now writing historical fiction/fantasy.

Song For A Lost Kingdom (3 books)
  • Song for a Lost Kingdom: Music is Not Bound by Time (Song For A Lost Kingdom #1)
  • Song for a Lost Kingdom: Love Never Surrenders (Song For A Lost Kingdom #2)