Start by marking “Until the Last Breath” as Want to Read:
Until the Last Breath

Until the Last Breath

Perfect for fans of Jojo Moyes and John Green, Until the Last Breath is a heartbreakingly romantic novel about a young woman torn about memories from her past, while trying to cling to hope and love during the present...

Years ago, I fell in love with a man named Maximilian Grant - tall, smooth talking, handsome as hell Maximilian Grant.
He was my everything -- a man who co
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 294 pages
Published September 10th 2020 by Shanora Williams

To ask other readers questions about Until the Last Breath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Until the Last Breath

Start your review of Until the Last Breath
Kat Valentine
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love hurts

This was a awesome read about one woman and the two loves of her life. First their was max the charming ladies man who every woman dreams of being with who is the first to bring passion,love and pain all rolled into one into her life. They had a great chemistry and with many highs,but it also came with lows and when shannon needed him most Max was too consumed with the loss of his parents to be their for her.So a decision had to be made and what seemed like a love of a life time was th
Korrie’s Korner
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I’m a sobbing mess!! This is Shanora’s finest that I’ve read. She just keeps getting better, and I love seeing that in an author.

Is there such thing as beautiful heartbreak? This book definitely fits the bill. I cried in this one like I did in Me Before You by JoJo Moyes. Damn my heart hurts.

I haven’t read many stories that have dual love stories going on with no cheating or ménage. Let that sink in. The way this was written was perfection and is a true testament of just how complex the human h
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If there was a book that fit into the cateogary of - "Dreading turning the page cause I can sorta guess how it ends"....it'd be this one.
But this is NOT how it ends!!
Shanora pulls the rabbit out of the hat and turns the story on its head and the tears that were streaming endlessly throughout the story suddenly become a deluge. I didn't know who I was crying for cause all three characters who'd become my own were in misery and I was breathlessly suffocating with them.

description

The entire book had me holdi
Anne OK
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
Different – definitely!
Rolls right on by those comfort zones and assuredly leaves a lasting impression – but I’m not completely sure of defining mine yet. It wasn’t anywhere near what I envisioned.

With an end date not far in the future, three main characters Shannon, the wife who I just couldn't ever fully understand, John, the husband who is maybe a bit controlling and strait-laced, and Max, Shannon's first love and a wealthy playboy who hasn't ever quite grown up -- all playing maddening game
Keri Loves Books
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A love story that will leave a lasting impression. This one is going to hurt a little, but it’s worth the pain.

They fell in love, but he wasn’t her forever. That would come later. They would remain a part of each other’s lives as friends. He would fulfill his promise so that she could get her dream come true.

Shannon’s life has never been easy. Abandoned by their mother, she raised her sister. She worked hard to provide and that’s how she met Max. He was a bartender at her job. He was the playboy
Lilith
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THE REVIEW FOR THE BOOK UNTIL THE LAST BREATH BY SHANORA WILLIAMS.

*ARC PROVIDED IN EXCHANGE FOR HONEST OPINION*
GENRE:CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE.
AUTHOR:SHANORA WILLIAMS.
TYPE: STANDALONE.
POV:SINGLE POV...FIRST PERSON...
MY RATING: 5 STARS.

Shannon has been living her life to the best with her newly wedded husband John when a fatal disease disrupts her whole life. When medical science loses her hope, Only a miracle can save her.
Accepting her fate, she tries to live her whole life in the few last momen
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

Web-Photo-EditorAlways and forever,” he whispered.
“Until the last breath,” I murmured."

Ok.
Let me gather those tissues for you , because if you decide to read this book (you will , because it is absolutely perfect) , then you are going to need them. The tears… omg!! I was absolutely sobbing by the end of this book! After reading the blurb of the story, I thought this was going to play in a certain way , but let me warn you, this author has some g
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 5 "Live Your Dreams" Stars ⭐️
Until the Last Breath by Shanora Williams is one of those novels that can’t be explain, but need to be experienced. This story is so beautiful, yet heartbreaking. Sad, yet hopeful. It was my second time reading this book that was previously title Infinity and I still got the same overflow of feels from this new improved version!

I’m a reader that gets easily overpowered by the emotions of my reads. Until the Last Breath had my throat so raw from the agony deliv
hala
Sep 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Oh boy, what a ride that was. I have a love/hate relationship with this one. I didn’t hate it but I didn’t love it either.

I was 2% in when I figured the whole thing out and I was furious. I’ve read almost all of Shanora’s books, because she always delivers my fave trope, age-gap romance, on a high luxurious perfection. So she's one of my favorites. After all, she brought me one of the absolute best, Quinton Cane. 🖤

Giving this book three stars because I felt like this one had potential, a very gr
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„I’m a firm believer that everyone who comes into your life is there for a reason.”

It's no secret that I love Shanora Williams' books. There is not a single story in her collection that I didn’t like, but Until The Last Breath is so unlike anything this author has written. This book is so unique, so heartbreaking and touching. It's one of these stories you don't just read- you experience it with your whole being and let it consume you. I finished it 2 days ago and I still can't control the r
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
MY HEART IS IN MY THROAT!

SHANORA!! Why did you do me like this! Okay, let me at least try to pull myself together long enough to write this review. **takes deep breath**  but also **snot bubbles pop out of left nostril**

I feel like this is such a departure from Shanora's other stories and it really shows her gifts as a phenomenal writer because I couldn't put it down! Shannon and Max's story is so compelling and had me in its grips. John and Shannon's love seemed to move mountains and be the st
Maereads
Sep 10, 2020 rated it did not like it
Emotional cheating alert , this book make me fucking uncomfortable I felt so sorry for her husband who loved her so much . Ughhh
MJ
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I first read this book as Infinity and never was I more excited that Shanora Williams decided to republish it as Until the Last Breath. And I'm here to say that it is even better than I remembered. A different kind of love story, Shannon Hales shows us her life with her beloved husband John in the present as she reminisces about her past with Max. A woman who is literally biding her time as her illness robs her lungs of the ability to breathe. But Shannon is not here to garner pity nor is she fu ...more
Marta Bo
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rain outside my window.... Rain inside my soul. It is raining people... It is raining so. damn. hard. I just can't even You guys...

I don't even know what to write now. Until Last Breath should be named Until Last Tear Will Fall Down. I'm drowning. I'm falling. I want to catch my breath again. I fall in love with Shakes. I'm obsessed with Max.... and Johnny oh Johnny I wanna hug You the hardest I can.

Until Last Breath is perfect, just in a way like Shanora Williams only could created the book.
T
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
When I read the synopsis for this one I was intrigued, and I did something I rarely do – I purchased a physical copy of a book by an unknown-to-me author. Yeah, bad move on my part.

I’m all for a good tearjerker now and then but in order to make your readers cry, you have to make them care. You have to give them characters worth crying over. And these were not those characters. Main character Shannon was, well… awful. I suppose having a terminal illness was supposed to automatically make her symp
Virginia
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Until the Last Breath made me cry. And I never cry over books. Not only is it beautifully written, it’s a beautiful story. These characters made me FEEL. The story is emotional and took my breath away. Grab some tissues and get ready to dive into this book you won’t forget.

An arc was provided for an honest review.
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have sooooo much to say, but I'm so completely speechless.

Shanora has always been an author where I would push myself out of comfort zones when it comes to reading certain tropes in romance. When I learned about this one, I was kind of at ease because I thought this book would be one where it wouldn't challenge what I normally don't want to read about.

I was so wrong, plus hello, that would not be the Shanora we love and adore. She would not make this story easy for us, but she would make it m
ChayCharita
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully heartbreaking story uniquely written by one of my favorite authors!
I’m still reeling from the emotions that I experienced with this book.

Everyone comes into our loves for a reason. Some leave pain and heartbreak others bring grace and undeniable peace and love. This story was so meaningful and poignant leaving an indelible mark on my life.

After finishing this story I was left introspective (as I usually am) after reading a story by Shanora Williams. But this story was different in
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon

Shannon had a shitty childhood. She supposed she may have been waiting for life to get better. Then she met gorgeous Max at one of her jobs. In fact, he saved that job and soon after they fell fast and hard. Alas, they weren't meant to be. Because Max was not her soulmate. No, that title goes to her now beloved husband, John. It's John who pieces her back together, is there for her at her worst, and who will be there long after she's gone, which, won't be long now according to
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
I still can't get over how emotional this book left me!!

From the title itself you know that this is not going to be a light read and somewhere along the way you will need the tissues to wipe away the snot and tears.

This is Shanora's best to date!

I won't get too much into the story because I don't want to give anything away. This one sure is a hard one to review without giving any spoilers away.

But from the moment I started reading I knew right off the bat that I would be torn and having to deci
Christina ( The MasqueReader )
Extraordinary! Heart-wrenching! Inspirational!

WOW!! Max!! Shannon!! John!! My heart!!! Shanora Williams just completely obliterated every preconceived notion that I had about this book and left me in complete awe of these characters, their journey and the lessons that they could teach each of us about life.

Some people like stories that are light and don’t dive too deep into our minds and hearts, I am the opposite...I need the ones that tells a story of how someone not just fell in love but I n
Laura Lee
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book without reading the Blurb, reviews or comments...this is how you should also dive into this beautiful, tearful story.

Page turning experience that at times I was asking myself, do I want to turn the page? I'm so happy I did. This story took me on an unforgettable journey.

Just when a person has given in to the cards that were dealt, doesn't mean its time to fold. As with what this author gave us in this story. You've got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them, kn
Shiva Shayegh
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh, no one is ready for this one. I wasn’t ready for it. I received an ARC and from the first page I was sucked into it. At the first chapter I knew Shanora was going to put us through the ringer.. and did she ever. Shannon’s story is raw, tragic and absolutely painful. But all those raw, tragic and painful moments, create a beautiful story you don’t want to miss out on. This book will reside in your heart, soul and memory for years to come.
Myen
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-books
Phhhffmmm, I am such a blabbering mess right now! Talking about your true love and beautiful stories.
Shannon Shakers, she know what is going to happen.. The title had spoken with such a heavy plot and painful. The love stories were so heartbreaking and unselfish. The things you do for the ones you love. My goodness, I cried so much..
EducatedBookFreak
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy WOW!! Shanora Williams has a TOP HIT in her hands!! I loved every minute of this and couldn’t put it down!! I would highly recommend this book for any romance lovers!! Get the tissues ready!!

So this love story is one that will captivate you from the beginning. The many parts of this relationship and story will leave your mouth hanging and swollen eyes!! It. Was. Amazing!!
Mallak Benabid
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best emotional book I've read. I cried my eyes out 😭😭😭 ...more
LaToya (Readingbythebayou)
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was intense. I felt a myriad of emotions while reading this beautiful story. This isn't what I normally expect from this author but she delivered a flawless emotional, heartbreaking story with all the feels. From the beginning I was a nervous wrecked dreading the end and what would happen. I don't want to give any spoilers so I'm gonna say I loved this book and all of the characters. A heart wrenching beautifully written story. ...more
Lynna
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing, heartfelt, soul searching, heart wrenching book. I read this book when it was first published as Infinity. I forgot how amazing it was.

I absolutely love everyone one of Shanora Williams books and she has not let me down (I don’t think she ever will).

It isn’t your traditional love story or HEA. If you’re expecting rainbows and roses this book isn’t for you but if you want love and life in every form, the good to the ugly, then read this. It’s truly a journey that I absolute
Lynda Garcia
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
Disappointed

I so did not like this girl,hi know she was dying from an incurable disease.... I know she had a hard life....but to be so unfair to someone who plugged her from despair and give her a better life albeit it was a very unfortunate situation with the disease.... She kept being obsessed with Max who treated her as one of his bed warmers....made her get rid of her unborn child... Left her in shambles and broken.... Here comes John...who gives her everything... Pieces her back together an
Kierra
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow ..... all I can say is wow.

Iam not sure how to put my review in words just yet haha was not expecting to feel the way that I do, but I guess this book really puts life in the prespective of you never know what life has to offer or what the future will hold.

Go in blind or prepare yourself but either way it is a book you must read!!

This book is amazing and definitely a tear jerker.

➡𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐞𝐬. ⬅

This book was beautifully wri
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Cabin
  • When We Met  (Moments in Boston, #2)
  • Kiss My Cupcake
  • Hot & Sticky (Sunset Bay, #1)
  • Drowning in Stars
  • Fearless (The Salvation Society)
  • Out of Love
  • A Bridge Between Us
  • Pawn (The Pawn Duet, #2)
  • When the Stars Fall (Lost Stars #1)
  • The Wreckage of Us
  • The One That Got Away
  • Tell Me When It's Over
  • Not What I Expected
  • Stories of September
  • The What If Guy (The Guys Who Got Away, #3)
  • Beyond the Roses
  • Cross the Line
Shanora Williams is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty romance and diverse suspense novels.
She currently lives in Charlotte, North Carolina and is the mother of three amazing boys, has a fiercely devoted and supportive husband, and is a sister to eleven.
When she isn’t writing, she’s spending time with her family, binge reading, or running marathons on TV streaming ser