Start by marking “'Nother Sip of Gin” as Want to Read:
'Nother Sip of Gin

'Nother Sip of Gin

(Sinners #7)

For Crossroads Gin rock stars Miki, Damien, Rafe, and Forest, life is a Möbius strip of music, mayhem, and murder. Through it all, the sweet, hot moments between tours with lovers, friends, and family keep them sane, healthy, and happy.

This Sinners collection features short stories spanning the entire series, from before the first note to after the lights go out.

['Nother
Published August 18th 2020 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about 'Nother Sip of Gin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 'Nother Sip of Gin

Start your review of 'Nother Sip of Gin
Diane Dannenfeldt
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this collection of shorts from everything to the first meeting between Miki & Kane to the final curtain 5 years in the future for these two. Along the way we see all the boys and their significant others. I loved the story told from Dude's POV, I had forgotten all about that one. These shorts take place along side the books in this series so I wouldn't just read this one on it's own. You really need to pick up the series & read from book 1 & if you haven't yet, why not?? I'm so g ...more
Heather Burke
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book was like wrapping myself up in an old, familiar,
favourite quilt....warm, cosy, and oh so comforting. Coming back to these beloved characters was so wonderful and Rhys Ford once again captured their essence perfectly, expanding on their stories and infusing some fresh life into familiar scenes. I especially loved the occasional narration by Dude and the unique perspective that provided. This collection of random stories is a must for any Sinner’s Gin fan and I would highly r
Adam
‘Nother Sip of Gin brings together the numerous short stories that have interspersed the Sinners series. While most of the shorts in this collection have been released or posted online previously, there are also some new additions.

Whether old or new, each of these shorts encapsulates what makes this series so great - family, friendship, perseverance, and unconditional love. And some irreverent snark to top it off.

And perhaps unsurprisingly, these are also all reasons for why the Sinners series i
Ulysses Dietz
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
REVIEWED BY ULYSSES DIETZ
MEMBER OF THE PARANORMAL ROMANCE GUILD REVIEW TEAM

Well, well, well, this is Rhys Ford with all the bloody bits left out. Kinda nice, actually.

Twenty-three short pieces follow the chronology of the narrative arc of the Sinners Gin
series, offering a weird birds-eye view of the long-term collision of the obliterated rock
band Sinners Gin and the indomitable Irish-American Morgan clan of San Francisco. I’d
put an asterisk (*) by this rating because it only counts if you’ve rea
Meep
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
It's ...ok.

I love the Morgans. Started the series so cynical but they became a favourite comfort read, a bundle of action, attitude, survival and cure all love and family to fall back on, on rainy days. Some of the extras are great and pack plenty feeling in a few pages. But, I think this is either one for people who need complete sets, or someone newly discovering the series who hasn't read them previously. Most of the stories are available free which I knew before buying. It includes all the '
Chris
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rhys Ford is one of the few authors I know who truly understands that her characters are more than just words on a page to readers. Her writing crafts fully dimensional people who find their place in our hearts so that when the slice of their lives we’re reading is over, we miss them and want to periodically check in to see how they’re doing. For years, Rhys has written short stories about the Sinners Gin crew and posted them on her website and now, with ‘Nother Sip Of Gin, they are collected in ...more
Kat
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG, more Sinners Gin. I feel like I won the lottery. I firmly believe you can never have too much of a good thing. You need to have a prior understanding of these characters so if you have not had the pleasant experience of meeting Damien, Miki, Forest and Rafe you will want to read the series first. If you desire to dive in as a Gin newbie, I can almost guarantee you will go back and binge on the previous stories.
I loved how the chapters intertwined the past and future and the best segments h
Pauline
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
An interesting peek into the lives of the main characters of the Sinner's Gin series. I enjoyed learning about everyday events which have happened to the Morgan Clan and their rock star partners. I wasn't keen on the section told from Dude the dog's point of view but enjoyed the rest. It was interesting to see the Morgans anad Finnigans introducing their partners to their homeland of Ireland. We learn more about what makes them tick and we see more about the influence Donal and Brigid have on th ...more
EQUUS
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm absolutely delighted that I got to revisit some of my favorite characters in MM fiction. These precious little insights kept me up all night and to have them all in one place is an added bonus. It's all there - emotion, love, humor, soul, family found /chosen, angst... You name it. If you're a fan of this series you know what I'm talking about and if you're new to it you should absolutely start with book one.
I'll be rereading the whole series very soon (and kiss goodbye my well deserved sle
Melissa
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have read dozens of Rhys Ford books and I still come to a point in every book where I am just blown away by how beautiful the writing is. I loved this book. It was beautiful little glimpses into the lives of characters that I love like they are real people. I was like reconnecting with old friends. It made me laugh, and smile, and tear up. If you love the Sinner’s Gin series you will love this book. Bravo.

I received an ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Carol Sipe
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great collection of short stories about the guys from The Sinners series. The stories weave around all of the books from the series, of erring different perspectives and glimpses into the guys’ lives. Even from Dude’s perspective!
I would recommend reading the series before reading this collection, to avoid spoilers.
Alicia
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 - I'd read several of the pieces in other places. It's definitely one for the completists - it doesn't really add anything to the stories, or provide much of a check-in on later happening but they are sweet, low-angst snippets. And it really could have done with a final proof-read: getting a Morgan offspring's name wrong is a pretty big thing to miss.
Edga
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like Meeting Old Friends 😊

Just what I needed. Seeing the boys together again, and happy. Wonderful ending, finishing where it began, with Kane and Sinjun...Just perfect. Once again Ms Ford's writing hits the spot. A must read if you've followed the series. Wonderful 😍
Justjeanette
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All the short stories

I love having all of the short stories for the Sinners Gin series in the one place.
These are beautiful, heartwarming, insightful little views I to the world of Sinners Gin.
The moments.
The peices of joy.
Yi1ian
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m a huge fan of these vignettes. I was laughing out loud for some and others pulled at my heart.
Tyra Berger
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
ARC Copy
Marlene
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Reading Reality

This collection is lagniappe for lovers of the Sinners series. It’s a little gift that we had no reason to expect, but are oh so happy to receive. And it’s absolutely yummy from beginning to end.

Some are even brand new, which makes it an even bigger present. The stories are certainly new to me and I’m thrilled to have them all together. Of course, new and old, they are all great stories.

This is a collection of little slices of life of the members of Crossro
Colette
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a fun read with short stories and vignettes that fall before and between Rhys' other books in the series. Unlike many others, I don't think I have read any of these stories before.

It would be helpful to have read at least the first book or two of the series before diving into these tales, but I don't think reading the whole series is required to enjoy them. My favorite was the story with the dog Dude as the narrator, it was were clever and humorous to see Miki and Kane from Dude's persp
Lisa
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Full-on fan service, and I am here for it. These were lovely, sweet bits and bobs from all of the couples, including one of Donal and Brigit. My only quibble is that the bits from Dude's perspective went on too long, but I'm not a pet person so I definitely wan't the target audience.
*Edited to add: I wasn't aware that many of these stories were available online for free, so they were all new to me. I'm a new reader for this author (discovered within the last 6 months) but I've binged on several
Erica Fisher
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
‘Nother Sip of Gin by Rhys Ford was a great collection of stories looking in on Miki & Kane, Damien & Sionn, Connor & Forest, Rafe & Quinn. Some were ones we have read on blog tours and some are new. I really loved checking in on the Boys and what their lives have shaped into since we last saw them. It is definitely a must read when rereading the Sinners Series.
Heather♥
Aug 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
The previously released snippets and short stories all combined here allowed us to do a little reminiscing of some great moments with the boys and their loved ones. But the new material gave us even more heart warming memories to fondly remember and bring closure to one of my favorite series. Thank you Rhys.
April Rock
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good, especially Dude's point of view.

Love reading about the couple's from sinners gin. All the stories were good, but I'm favoring the dogs stories, wise beyond his humans, with a smirking sense of humour. Love the morgans, and there whole clan . It was great to visit the crew again.
Tj
Sep 06, 2020 rated it liked it
A bit disappointing. I really liked this series, but this not so much. It was sort of like chopped salad. Bits and pieces that never made it into the books or snipers that I had read for free. I usually buy Rhys’ books, but to be honest I am glad it was a library borrow and not something I bought.
Andrea
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wish I was good with words but I'm not. Just imagine being surrounded by those people you love most in the world but haven't seen for a while and that's what this book is to me. I loved it. Every single word of it. And then I loved every single word of each of the books which I promptly reread for the 6th time!
Staphysagria
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
sweet little side-stories taking me back to one of my all-time favourite series, practically one sip at a time. It is so nice to meet those guys again and discover the cross-references to other series. Makes you wish this could go on and on....
Dawn
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance
That was absolutely amazing. Are you reading some of the short stories, and getting to enjoy new ones was awesome! I really enjoyed seeing where the guys are now and what they’ve been up to. Thank you!
TJ
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Reading this is like coming home.
This series is still one of my favorites and it was so good to come back and see vignettes of their lives.
It absolutely had to be read after the series however. 1 day read, couldn’t put it down.
Now back to rereading them all :)
Yvonne
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An anthology of little treats, some I’ve read before and some new.
Indira Rivera
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This kind of settles them in my mind better.
Becky
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have missed these guys so much!! Reading these stories makes me want to do a re-read of the series!! Thanks Rhys!
The Backlot Gay B...: 'Nother Sip of Gin, by Rhys Ford 2 5 Sep 06, 2020 06:31AM

• In a Fix (Torus Intercession #2)
  • Stacking the Deck (The Kings: Wild Cards, #1)
  • Spooky Business (The Spectral Files, #3)
  • On the Wings of War (Soulbound #5)
  • The Fantastic Fluke
  • His Prince (House of Maedoc, #2)
  • All Kidding Aside (Magical Mates #1)
  • Mr. Perfect (Sinister in Savannah, #2)
  • How to Hack a Hacker (Unholy Trifecta, #3)
  • After Felix (Close Proximity, #3)
  • Embracing Winter (Lords of Discord, #4)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • Bad, Dad, and Dangerous
  • Wolfsbane (Werewolves of Boston #1)
  • A Friend in the Dark (An Auden & O'Callaghan Mystery, #1)
  • Wild Warrior (Weavers Circle #2)
  • Safe Heart (Search & Rescue, #3)
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
Rhys Ford is an award-winning author with several long-running LGBT+ mystery, thriller, paranormal, and urban fantasy series and was a 2016 LAMBDA finalist with her novel, Murder and Mayhem. She is published by Dreamspinner Press and DSP Publications.

She’s also quite skeptical about bios without a dash of something personal and really, who doesn’t mention their cats, dog and cars in a bio? She sha

Sinners (7 books)
  • Sinner's Gin (Sinners, #1)
  • Whiskey and Wry (Sinners, #2)
  • Tequila Mockingbird (Sinners #3)
  • Sloe Ride (Sinners, #4)
  • Absinthe of Malice (Sinners, #5)
  • Sin and Tonic (Sinners, #6)