Start by marking “Only One Bed (Romance Anthology Vol 1)” as Want to Read:
Only One Bed (Romance Anthology Vol 1)

Only One Bed (Romance Anthology Vol 1)

There's only one problem...there's only one bed.

Only One Bed Of A Pick Up Truck - Lucy Eden

Julian Harris is a world famous photographer who wins awards and travels the globe photographing world famous celebrities, history-making events, and things I can only dream of. He's also my older brother's best friend and the boy, excuse me, man, I've had a crush on my entire life.
Published August 5th 2020 by Violet Gaze Press

To ask other readers questions about Only One Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only One Bed

Start your review of Only One Bed (Romance Anthology Vol 1)
J. Greene
Jul 29, 2020 rated it liked it
One Bed of a PickUp Truck by Lucy Eden
Friends turn into lovers when an accident forces them to confront long-buried feelings between them.

Verdict: Sweet with a bit of humor that ends gratifyingly.

Only One Flower Bed by Rebel Carter
Old lovers let go of past hurts when a storm traps them in a greenhouse, and they're forced to confront their feelings.

Verdict: Angst filled, and passionate with a soft ending.

The Bed Hierarchy by Lauren Connolly
A man is secretly in love with his brother’s best frien
Christie
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read 6 of the 8 books in this anthology that all feature the 'only one bed' trope. Sometimes the link to the trope was a little tenuous, but its one of my favourite things regardless and I loved how diverse these stories were (multiple feature POC characters, and there is a mix of m/f, m/m and f/f).

"One Bed of a Pickup Truck" by Lucy Eden - 3.5/5
A m/f brothers best friend romance, where they get stranded in their truck on their way to a wedding. First one I read and I don't recall much so not
Kee
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
I received a free copy of this book from BookSprout. I selected this book because Lucy Eden had a story in the collection. There was no summary of any of the books, so I didn't know what to expect. Had I known, I probably wouldn't have chosen to read this collection. But since I selected the book, I thought I'd be fair to the authors.

Only One Bed Of A Pick Up Truck - Lucy Eden

The stories are all short stories that have the theme of only one bed. The first story, by Lucy Eden, was short but packe
Brenda Moser
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this anthology from Rebel Carter , author of Only One Flower Bed. It's a sweet small town second chance MM romance with strong characters with a hot and steamy chemistry. I loved reading their story as Grant pursues Remi to give their love a second chance.

It's an entertaining anthology and I enjoyed reading.

Becca
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Three specific stories stood out to me that made me have to give this a 5 star.
1. Lucy Eden. Stranded in a truck! Friend's younger sister. Sitting on face!!!
2. Rebel Carter. Perfectly written grump. PLANTS. Stranded in an effing GREEN HOUSE. I swoon.
3. Torrance Sene. I'm sorry where the fuck has she been all my life? Her story was HOT.
JenMcJ
Aug 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, ku
An 8 story anthology by mostly new to me authors. These are very, very short stories.

4.5 Stars. The Bed Hierarchy by Lauren Connolly 3/8. M/F. This author knocked this short story out of the park. Sweet, funny, relatable, sexy, funny... My favorite short, anthology story in a while. I'll be checking out the author's backlist which is the point of these things so it hits the mark.

3.5 Stars. Holding On by Ali Williams. 8/8. M/F. This one was well told and romantic but the dom/sub stuff, while mild
Emily Pennington
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This is a collection by multiple authors of 8 short stories that are built around the theme of only one bed, just enough to get the heart pumping! The blurb gives you a good recap of what each one is about if you want to pick and choose the order to read them. Or you can do it the absolute easiest way and start at page 1 – no decisions needed!

My favorite was “Only One Bed Of A Pick Up Truck” by Lucy Eden. It was short, like the others, but it was well-paced, had a good story line, laughs which
Deb O
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This is such an awesome set of books that I enjoyed reading. The story and character building were off the characters and had me reading into the late hours of the night, I couldn't put it down. Their full of emotion, drama, action, chemistry, steam, hot alpha males, and hot and steamy romances. The chemistry between the characters is amazing and the story lines were fantastic, they are a definite must read for any fan and I can't wait to read more form these author's.

I received a free copy of t
JLH
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Twin, full, Queen or King, California King or made to order (flat bed) are all different size beds have been used in this book. Multiple authors with creative minds make great short story tell fun. Binge or take your time. Vol. 1 has the good stuff so far to read.

Gwessie Tee
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow some truly spectacular shorts in this anthology, was offered the arc by the fantastic Ali and it did not disappoint, fabulous stories each in their own right very passionate indeed, I'm usually one for wanting to get to know the characters and their journeys to their happy ever afters but these stories were awesome, thank you all for writing them. ...more
Staci Mitchell
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very elaborate well written small stories gathered together in one good book written erotica well written in good taste

Kathy Mccalmon
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of romance stories by several different authors. The stories are short and enjoyable with great characters.

ReadToBreathe
Sep 14, 2020 rated it liked it
3 Stars
I only read the first two stories, I liked them but they were too short for my taste.
Toni
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Perfect for fans of the only one bed trope: obviously. What is more fun is how each author interprets the bed. Spoiler alert: not all of them are mattresses.
Marie Lipscomb
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, diverse, sexy romance

I love the Only One Bed trope, so a whole anthology dedicated to it is my catnip. I loved how each author interpreted the trope so differently, and the diverse cast of characters and relationships was wonderful to read.
Maria
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Eight short stories! Although there are eight short stories – I am only reviewing four as I had no preference to read the others. My rating is only for the ones I read and not the entire novel. I am glad that they provided a review and disclosed if they would be a M/M or F/F romance.

One Bed of a Pickup Truck – Jules and Nadirah – they heading to a Nadirah’s brother’s wedding when they swerve off the road due to a deer, so there is where they both realize that they have feelings for each other.
Kounj Muzafar
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of short stories. I'm only reviewing the stories I read and liked.

Reading the first page of One Bed if a pickup truck, by Lucy Eden, I thought it would be another boring and slow story.
But!! It turned out to be a fast-paced, soft, smoothly running story. In the first twenty pages, I understood the plot but at this point, I was expecting more twists and turns.
Well, the twist and turns I was expecting happened. For me, it was too soon, but for some reason, it flowed. It was a
Brandie Shanae Bridges
Apr 02, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I really enjoyed this book, but most importantly I loved the stories. Now this book is filled with steamy romance that I was not ready for. I knew it was going to be steamy, but good lord not that steamy!!! As I was reading this book I loved how each story was completely diverse. Within each story it talked about sexuality. Also I loved that their were bipoc authors in this book as well. Each story created its on perspective on life and what to do with it, and is what you want worth risking any ...more
Steph's Romance Book Talk

Holding On by Ali Williams 2 Stars / 2 Steam Fans

Video review
Annie
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this ARC for an honest review. I enjoyed this collection of quick stories where each couple was faced with a single bed. Either by choice or fate. Each story revolves around a couple, co-workers, childhood crush, a new relationship, two almost complete strangers and old lovers who are stuck in a situation where there's only one bed. There are MM, MF, and FF couples in the stories. But each shows happiness comes in different packages.

I received a free copy of this book via B
Renée Dahlia
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
First up, it feels super awkward to review an anthology that I'm in. I'm here to review all the other stories, and I know it's taken me ages to finally read them when this anthology was released ages ago. Yes, this is messy. Should I delete my rambling thoughts? Gah.

I loved the other stories in this anthology (obviously I like mine too - argh, writing this is so awkward). Lucy Eden's one is brilliant, Rebel Carter had me swooning, Ali's story is so poetic, and the others were excellent too.
Bev
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Romancelandia (borrowed from the publisher)
This anthology has a collection of books on the ‘only one bed’ trope, from a variety of authors. It was my first time really reading this trope, and it made for an enjoyable read. Some of them I didn’t enjoy as much as others, but there’s bound to be something for everyone amongst these short and steamy stories.
Debra Richardson
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A compelling box set of amazing, enjoyable, and compelling read-worthy romances. The amazing story-lines are consistent, interesting, engaging, fast pace, well written, and action-packed with adventures, humor, and romance. Each book is unique with characters that are likeable, well-developed, and deep. Strongly recommended!

Lisa
Jan 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a diverse group of unique stories. Each stands alone, is individual and is unconnected to the others. A couple were outside my normal reading likes, bit none were disliked. I would say my favorite is either Ryan and Mattie from Romantic Intent or Dee Dee and Julian from One pickup bed. Both are my standard reading material and quite enjoyable.

Mylene Williams
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dee and Julian have known each other most of their lives. On their way to Dee's brother's wedding, who is also Julian's best friend, the dynamics of their relationship changes due to a confession. Realisations are acknowledged and acted upon. Can Dee and Julian sustain this awakening beyond the wedding?

Ewa
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of eight short stories by multiple authors.
One theme, only one bed, different style of bed for more fun. Different couple.
If you want to pick and choose , you may also read all of them. No order is required.
They are fun, hot and entertaining to read.
Enjoy!

Melissa
Aug 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: booksprout
An anthology with a couple of short romance stories that somehow involve only one bed for the couples and how they get together.

*Only One Bed Of A Pick-Up Truck by Lucy Eden
Best friends who are on their way to a wedding but are stranded after a crash, this one packs a punch.

Ashleigh
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this collection of books - the characters, the plots, the emotion, the writing!

Each book has a storyline that grabs you right from the start keeping you engrossed and on edge throughout the whole book!

This review has been voluntarily submitted for your consideration.
Mary
Aug 15, 2020 rated it liked it
This an interesting collection of short stories that center around "only one bed". They are unique and interesting and really steamy. I liked some but some not so much. I did like the first story, it was probably one of my favorites. I was surprised to see a story about a m/m in collection. All the stories are sexy with a range of emotions in each one. ...more
Irene Ruiters
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Eight stories by different authors. The theme, one bed. These stories were short and easy to read.
There are m/f, m/m and f/f couples in these stories. My favorite story was by Lauren Connolly, The Bed Hierarchy. I really enjoyed the book. Thank you to all the authors.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and I am voluntarily leaving a review. Kylie Wylie.

• The Naughty List
  • Duke I'd Like to F...
  • His Beauty
  • Her Night With Santa
  • Barista and the Bear (Oak Fast Fated Mates #1)
  • She's A Luna (Oak Fast Fated Mates #2)
  • Office Hours
  • Harbor (Beards & Bondage, #3)
  • Hot as Hades
  • Stocking Stuffers (So Over the Holidays, #1)
  • All Things Burn
  • Crave (Clark Family Series Book 1)
  • My Dad's Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo, #3)
  • Gifting Me To His Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo, #2)
  • Seducing My Guardian (A Touch of Taboo #4)
  • Getting Schooled (The Wright Brothers, #1)
  • To Be Alone With You
  • Heart and Hand (Gold Sky #1)
Lucy Eden is the nom de plume of an romance obsessed author who writes the kind of romance she loves to read. She’s a sucker for alphas with a soft gooey center, over the top romantic gestures, strong & smart MCs, humor, love at first sight (or pretty damn close), happily ever afters & of course, steamy love scenes.

When Lucy isn’t writing, she’s busy reading—or listening to—every book she can get

News & Interviews