Start by marking “Llama Drama: A two-woman, 5,500-mile cycling adventure through South America (Anna's Adventures Book 3)” as Want to Read:

Kindle Edition
Published July 21st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Llama Drama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Llama Drama

Start your review of Llama Drama: A two-woman, 5,500-mile cycling adventure through South America (Anna's Adventures Book 3)
Vicki Rowe
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic read by Girlguiding’s inspirational ambassador Anna McNuff!
Hannah
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing adventure story.
Couldn't put this book down. Just one more chapter before bed...... 4 chapters later 😂
Birgit Hanusch
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous and entertaining read from the Adventure Queen. A great and inspirational holiday read that made we want to pack my bike and book a flight.

Having read Anna’s previous two books it’s difficult to find a favourite - they are equally honest and relatable, but this one differs in that it’s an adventure of two friends rather than a solo outing. The development and strengthening of the friendship between Anna and Faye and the ups and downs, joyful moments and challenges that come wit
Helena Pilih
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Surprised at how thoroughly I enjoyed this. It was funny (unlike any other travelogue I've read) and I found it wasn't just about the landscapes in South America but more about the deepening friendship between Faye and Anna who've undertaken this long cycle. So many times the writing was so vivid that I felt like I was there with them (or I wanted to be). It's got me excited to plan my own (micro!!) cycling adventure!
Charlie F
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great adventure with a story that is a real testament to friendship. Anna is both funny and very open about her epic journey with Faye through South America. She covers not just the highs and lows of the mountains they cycle, but the ups and downs of their friendship as they put themselves and their bikes through their paces. Good fun and great storytelling.
Nancy Jones
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love Anna! She knows how to share the struggles of fun of adventure travel.
Kristine ONeill
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! What a great adventure to vicariously ride along the Andes with Anna and Faye.
Simon Bateman
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had already read Anna's previous two books and loved her humble honesty, telling the story of each adventure from behind her own eyes, and this one didn't disappoint.

You can't chose a favourite, each adventure and corresponding book is refreshingly different.

I had followed Anna and Faye on their journey via their Twitter feed "live", so I was really excited to get a pre-release copy sent to me. The book itself lived up to the hype I had already created in my mind, having looked back at their s
Amy
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a fab book, recounting Anna and her friend Faye's cycling adventures along the Andes. It's not overly technical, so I think would be of interest to armchair travellers as well as people who may be inspired to do something similar themselves. Anna writes beautifully about her experiences, from the high moments (literal highs and well as happiness highs) to the bad and everything in between. In particular she reflects on her friendship with Faye, what it's like to spend six months with som ...more
tammy
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Along for the ride

Anna McNuff takes us along on another adventure with her! As with her two books before this one, she makes you feel as if you are truly along on the journey. I was as sad for the journey to end as she was at the end!
Rachael Cutler howie
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and find Anna so inspirational. She writes in such a way that you feel like you are along for the journey. Couldn't put it down!
Emma Curry
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is quite simply, inspirational.
It is written in such a wonderful way that it feels as if you are part of Anna's adventure too, experiencing the highs and lows (although, thankfully not literally!) seeing the beauty of the changing landscape and the ever deepening friendship. I couldn't put it down.
Katrina Henderson
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Anna shares the reality of this epic mission in a relatable and easy to read way, and you can't help but feel like you are part of the adventure. Hugely inspirational... highly recommend!
Maria Esparraguera
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tracy Stanley
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bumpety bumpety roads, steep hills, sudden storms and dogs of an uncertain temperament are challenges faced by all adventure cyclists. Anna and her friend Faye faced these challenges and more with grit and humour as they cycled through South America.

Not only do we experience the countryside from the comfort of our reading perch, we are also present for McNuff’s authentic internal machinations, providing wonderful insights. I also loved the descriptions of the small things she took joy in on the
Gill
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have literally just finished reading Llama Drama. The last few chapters I read slowly, just like any adventure I didn't want it to end. As Anna and Faye cycled the last few miles I could feel the emotions felt when any adventure comes to an end. This is another amazing ,honest ,fun read from Anna Mcnuff a gifted writer , speaker , adventurer and soon to be mum. Anna is a beautiful human being and you will not regret adventuring with her through any of her books. This is a must read. Especially ...more
Lorenzo Preve
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bike
This is another awesome book by Anna McNuff. She takes us from the heights of La Paz, all the way to the southern tip of America in Usuahia, riding through the changing landscape of the Andes. In this trip, through Bolivia, Chile and Argentina, Anna helps us to think about friendship, love, loneliness, distance, immensity, effort, pain, adventure, fear and joy. The book is written in a very plain and easy-going style that is a pleasure to read. I was happy to see Anna and Faye finishing their tr ...more
Lesley Wright
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Have been dying to read this since I heard extracts from Anna' Bedtime Adventure Stories during lockdown and it didn't disappoint. What I think everyone loves about Anna is her enthusiasm for life and everything she does and the HONESTY! She doesn't gloss over those little pesky thoughts which attack us and even teaches us how to deal with them. Just thinking of some of the things that she and Faye had to deal with in this book and why they actually WANTED to cycle over all those mountains...... ...more
Sandy Jimson
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Have just finished Llhama Drama , I feel as if I have travelled through South America with Anna & Faye , what they both put themselves through is mindboggling, what a great team they are , 100% support & respect for each other .
Have now read all Anna's books but this was my favourite, the scenery in my mind was stunning, I could almost feel the pain they suffered , their love for each other special.
Anna is a great writer, honest, funny , I feel there was so much more to this adventure , I wante
Mette Arleth
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I first discovered Anna McNuff on Instagram while she and Faye Shepherd were on this eic cycling adventure, and every time there was an update from Anna it was a delight. I almost cried when they reached the end of the journey, and I have been waiting so impatiently to see this particular book. Having read Anna's two other books in the meantime didnt set my expectations any lower.
And I have not been dissappointed <3 Inspiring, funny and honest. Love it!
Ginette Pilkington
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait to read another book from Anna McNuff - and it did not dissappoint.
A brlliantly written and brutally honest account of two journeys. The first , was the physical journey, the scenery and the events, people and places. And then there was the journey of two individuals with a common goal, learning to live with and for each other during a six month long adventure that was not all fun, but at times was gruelling and scary.
Highly recommended
Peter Wallace
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent adventure from Anna McNuff. I listened to this as an audiobook and love Anna’s enthusiasm and cheerfulness throughout. It’s my third book I’ve listened to from Anna and they are all excellent, fun to listen to, lots of laughs. Anna’s experiences on the saddle w Faye are heart warming, and exploring their relationship along the way is fascinating. Can’t recommend Anna’s books enough and looking forward to the next one!
Trine
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this one even better than The Pants of perspective, despite that one being a clear favorite in the adventure genre. McNuff writes really witty and funny, and the contrast between her and Faye's handling of conflicts to the other adventure duos I've read about (all male...) is noticeable (to the better).
I would love to welcome her in my home, should she come running, biking or anything else 😊♥️.
Aleisha Keating
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another impressive read from British adventurer Anna McNuff!

With brutal honesty, Anna takes us on her physical and emotional rollercoaster of a cycling journey through the Andes, accompanied by her friend Faye. Through her optimistic and adventure seeking eyes, we are privy to experiencing Anna's fears, challenges, moments of joy, rage, exhaustion and elation.

An inspiring book, relevant to anyone who is seeking to live more adventurously in any aspect of their lives.
Anna
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful adventure through South America with Anna and Faye! Beautiful descriptions of incredibly varied landscapes interspersed with hilarious anecdotes and frank accounts of real challenges encountered. The perfect book to read during lockdown to remind myself of the thrill of adventures in far flung places. Refreshingly real and inspiringly honest, this book was an absolute joy to read from start to finish and I can’t wait to read more from Anna McNuff in future!
Carol Rode
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Last book

This trip of hers was a lot harder than the others from book one and two. They seemed to have more problems and they both took it head on. I could never do anything like that. They are bright and super strong. Hope they keep it up as long as they can. This is life's enjoyment.
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, biography, chick-lit
The third book of Anna McNuffs adventures is as amazing, funny and witty as her first two. This time she and her friend Faye teamed up to cycle through south America. Her narrative style is vivid and colorful and it helped to form a clear picture in the mind of the reader.
I can't stop recommending this book :)
Rachel Hodson
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another superb read from McNuff. Having devoured her previous two adventure books earlier this year, I was so pleased to see the release of this one. This time Anna isn't travelling alone, she's got a friend along for the ride.

Refreshingly honest about the strains of cycling the Andes, funny and once again, making me want to go on an adventure of my own.
Elaine
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Yes; i realised early on that i would never be able to do something as enormous as this (or even a tiny bit) ; I kept on thinking i would like to see some pictures and more detailed maps but then found pictures on a website after i finished the book (info to be found at the end of the book).
Its an easy read for a slow reader like me (essential).
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audiobook version of this book and loved getting to hear Anna talk about her adventures with Faye. I enjoyed her humor and honesty, and I liked that she didn't skim over the tough bits – the arguments, the stomach troubles, the injuries, the language barrier, and scorpion bites. ;)

• Adventureman - Anyone Can Be a Superhero
  • On Roads That Echo: A bicycle journey through Asia and Africa
  • My Midsummer Morning: Rediscovering a Life of Adventure
  • My French Platter: A Journey to a Dream Life in France
  • Tuk-Tuk for Two
  • Diary of a Young Naturalist
  • Faithful Place (Dublin Murder Squad #3)
  • North To Alaska: The True Story of An epic, 16,000-mile cycle journey the length of the Americas
  • Bucket To Greece Volume 8: A Comical Living Abroad Adventure
  • Marina
  • The Thing About Clare
  • The Silence of the Girls
  • The Bass Rock
  • Iceland Serow Saga: Big Adventures on a Small Motorbike
  • Lost in Europe: A Hitchhiking Adventure
  • False Value (Rivers of London, #8)
  • Humanimal: How Homo Sapiens Became Nature’s Most Paradoxical Creature—A New Evolutionary History
  • Running Kind: Because running doesn't have to hurt