Start by marking “Perfect Stranger (The Perfect, #1)” as Want to Read:
Perfect Stranger (The Perfect, #1)

Perfect Stranger

(The Perfect #1)

Wrong choices…
Bad judgements…
Despair…
Stacey Paris is in a relationship with the arrogant Charles Montpellior. Charles is controlling, leaving Stacey no room to breathe. She needs to make some major changes in her life, but it isn’t until a familiar face from her past resurfaces that she is able to seriously re-evaluate the choices that she has made so far.

Jake Waters
Kindle Edition
Published July 2020

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Stranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Stranger

Start your review of Perfect Stranger (The Perfect, #1)
Book Fanatic
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfectly balanced mix of suspense, love and drama.

The story begins with a glimpse to the future. It's unknown just what happened but in the way it brings you to the edge it makes you want to read on find out.

Stacey is a strong woman, she wants her independence. However since moving in with her boyfriend, Charles, that small slice of freedom seems to have been stolen.

When she and Charles go to a business event she doesn't expect to stumble into the Perfect Stranger she met months ago for one pas
Shibest  Lisa
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stacy has found herself living with a man who said he loved her and wanted to support her writing career. Stacy believes him and gives up her job and moves in only to find out Charles is not what she thought he was and he expects her to be and do certain things.

Enter Jake, the handsome millionaire. He and Stacy shared a brief encounter a few years before and didn't think they would ever see each other again. Jake is the perfect mixture of strong willed without being overbearing, protective, lov
Kristen Granata
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ladies, meet your new book boyfriend: Jake Waters. He reminds me of Christian Grey without all the things I despise about Christian Grey. The story has a slow build-up until all of a sudden you're speed reading to get to the next page to find out what happens. As soon as I finished the book, I purchased the sequel so I could keep going. It had some suspense in there that added to it, and I loved it. The main character, Stacey, is funny and I loved that she wasn't a meek pushover. Her friendship ...more
Catherine
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect Stranger starts with heart-thumping suspense and ends the same way. In the middle is just the right mix of push and pull romance, a BFF relationship to be admired, characters you’ll love and a few you’ll love to hate. I tend not to prefer cliffhanger endings, but this one offers the right amount of closure with a hint of more to come. Looking forward to the next in the series!
Julia Blake
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a first for me, in that it is the first time I have ever read a book where I have disliked the hero and heroine, yet still enjoyed the book. The heroine just didn’t click with me, I thought her annoying and capable of making the most irrational and reckless decisions that had me almost shouting at the book in exasperation. As she lurched from one bad situation to another, I found myself wanting to give her a good shake and tell her to pull herself together. Maybe it’s because as an ...more
Ashlee Rose
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

I loved Stacey as soon as I read her. Alone apart from an absolute douche of a guy who treats her like dirt. I loved that she was Independant and followed her dreams. Then there’s the night where she meets her perfect stranger from six months ago where her life changes forever. I loved how Stacey and Jake started out as friends, but when reading you could tell there was sooo much more between them than just friendship. Stacey made sure she never rushed and composed herself when around
Caz May
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
I absolutely loved this book and was hooked from the very first page. The writing style is very unique and the protagonist's voice flows well and is amazing to read. The characters are a unique take on the whole billionaire alphas that have been in so many stories lately. And I instantly fell in love with Jake and his relationship with Stacey. Lydia is a great best friend and had me laughing at some of the things she comes out with but also feeling for her when things don't go to plan. I want to ...more
Nikki J Summers
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a breath of fresh air from the usual alpha holes I seem to read about lately. Jake Waters is so sweet and sexy, I was rooting for him and Stacey all the way through. Stacey is cute and feisty and a good strong heroine. I loved them both.
As well as romance and angst between these two there’s also mystery and intrigue courtesy of Caitlin. It was very much fatal attraction mixed with a love story.
I’ve already downloaded book two Perfect Memories because that cliffhanger!!!! Well I n
What a great read! I did not put this down once I started. Like holy hell! Stacey is tired of what her life has become. Her boyfriend Charles is a controlling jerk. She leaves him and starts to live her life. Jake comes into the picture and things start to look up….or do they? There’s more to Jake and Stacey could be in for more than she bargained for.

The story and characters came together nicely. The flow and pacing of the book was good. Suspense along with some sexual heat make for one of tho
Ellie Michael
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mysterious Hero

I always love a mysterious and powerful hero, and Powell’s Perfect Stranger, Jake, fits that bill. He always seems to be in the right place at the right time when it comes to Stacey, the fiery heroine of the story. The foundation of the Perfect series definitely lays the ground work of a dramatic book series with lots of twists and turns. There’s plenty of conflict and you never quite know what will happen next. For people who like Sylvia Day check out this romance.
Lacey Dailey
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m obsessed with the way this book started! Who doesn’t love a good flash forward? I was hooked immediately and spent the rest of my afternoon reading Stacey & Jake’s story. This book is a friends to lovers type book, which I love! My heart went out to Stacey, and I was practically cheering for Jake to get his girl. This book was everything. It was steamy, it was dramatic, and it was emotional! I just downloaded the next book because I MUST know how this story ends. I can’t believe it took me s ...more
Christi Whitson
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful debut novel!

I enjoyed this book and will definitely be checking out the others in the series. Jake and Stacey have great chemistry. I liked that they had to grow as people and work for the relationship they wanted. The cliffhanger ending wasn’t a huge surprise thanks to the prologue/first chapter, but that didn’t make it any less gripping to read. Overall, this was a wonderful debut novel, and I’m eagerly moving on to the next installment!
Mariela
Lindsey Powell
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Looking for romance, suspense, mystery and intrigue....... then look no further. Perfect Stranger has all of these and is available to buy on Amazon Kindle now!!

You won't be able to put it down......
Lyndsey Miller
Feb 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️4/5
Steam: 🔥 1.5/3
-------------------------------------------------------

I have read Lindsey’s later work but Perfect Strangers is one of her early works. I was excited to see where she started.

So Jake Waters is delicious, seriously yum. I loved him, he just had a confidence and coolness to him. I loved how protective he was, that is one of my favorite traits. He is great, I loved how he pursued Stacey and how he courted her. Their reactions were really sweet and enjoyable.

Stac
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
Stacey is tired of being treated poorly by her boyfriend Charles, but she doesn't know what she would do if she broke up with him. She is an author who is trying to write her first book, and he has given her the opportunity to stay at home to pursue her dream.

Jake is the guy who is constantly saving Stacey and helping her through several difficult situations.

I thought that this book was a good read, but I felt like there were a lot of unanswered questions. Jake and Stacey had a weird relations
R.f. Greenwood
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Finally i met Jake Waters!
And let me tell you he did not disappoint!
Jake and Stacey's story starts off with a flash forward which i love!
I absolutely loved Jake and Stacey together the tension between these two is off the charts.
Stacey i liked her, at the beginning i didn't know how she was going to play it i was praying she wasn't going to be a doormat but the more i read of her the stronger she became!
Jake gah that man!
I absolutely loved him!
When i got my first glimpse of him in one of Lindse
Andrea
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the intro, I was sold. I love a good flash forward and Lindsey gave it to me. I was intrigued from the jump and it never waned. It just continued to build—slow and steady. You get to know the characters, deeply. You instantly feel for Stacy and everything she has gone through. I was rooting for her by chapter two. After years of being let down by men, here comes Stacey’s perfect stranger, Jake, who is the ideal sweet-alpha book-boyfriend. They become friends but the sexual tension is palpab ...more
Claire Heaven
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the beginning Stacey is a true doormat kind'of girlfriend having moved in with her less than adoring boyfriend Charles so she could devote her time to becoming an author. Powell sets the scene for rebellion against her situation and predictably Stacey decides this life isn't for her. What follows is far from predictable. The author promises romance, suspense, mystery and intrigue and with Jake's help, delivers on all counts. ...more
Janine Caroline
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book I’ve read by this author and I must say that I like her style. The opening flash forward scene drew me in, and the story was enjoyable with interesting characters. Stacey is in a controlling relationship when she reconnects with, Jake – a stranger she once had a one-night stand with. I loved the way Stacey and Jakes relationship progressed, and the tension added by the crazy ex-partner. An engaging story with an ending that left me eager to read the next book.
QueenOfBooks88
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I knew i would really enjoy this book as have enjoyed previous by this author 😊 great story plot.. Stacey is a beautiful soul and some parts i could really relate to with this character... Jake is a hunk with a beautiful heart 😁 *swoon*
Denise Lauron
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed almost everything about this book. I had to suspend belief that a writer could completely forget about her phone and laptop for several days. Also, I was not thrilled about the ending. I had no choice but to get the next book in the series. I needed to know what happened. If you're willing to invest in the whole series, then I'd recommend this mostly romance, somewhat suspenseful mystery book. ...more
Rebecca Symonds
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book excellent read kept me on my toes
Coco.V
Apr 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/14/2019)! 🎁
Kathey Gray
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leave me hanging, I love it!

Haha, I’ve found an author like me who isn’t afraid to leave you hanging by a thread. I loved Stacey Paris’ sassiness and the dynamic between her and her best friend Lydia had me smiling. Lydia is very entertaining and I hope to see more of her in upcoming books! And of course there’s the drool worthy Mr. Waters. The love scenes will make you blush! Was not expecting the intensity towards the end! What?!? Read for love scenes, stay for the laughs.
Yana Herbosa
Thanks so much @linsdeypowellperfect for reaching out again! This book was absolutely a lovely read! Just like every romance this a cliche novel but nevertheless it was an interesting read. Many of the romantic aspects of the story was extremely cliche when it comes to the depth of the romance. But that’s the challenge for a lot of novels nowadays. It’s difficult to find a different word for love. Other than that, everything else was fine. I personally enjoyed the connection I made with Stacey. ...more
Melanie A. Smith
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good, dramatic romance

Perfect Stranger is a decidedly enjoyable read. I’m the kind of person who really likes having a struggle leading up to the romance, and this delivered in spades! With well-developed characters, steamy romance, and plenty of intrigue, this book is exactly the combination of elements that I like in a story!
Alice Walker
Jun 06, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Far too many full stops which made it hard to read.
Nita
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This started like many romance novels. A bad break up, a gorgeous guy swooping in to save the day, the works. But this couldn't be further from your classic romance novel.
Stacey Paris isn't in a great place. After finally getting the courage to leave a toxic relationship, she doesnt want anyone taking care of her. Especially handsome Jake Waters, the mysterious stranger that she had a one night stand with and ran into again when she needed him the most. However, that is exactly what ends up hap
Olivia Peters
Apr 12, 2020

• Fade to Blue (The King Brothers #2)
  • Tortured Souls (Rebels of Sandland, #2)
  • Back to Delaware
  • Tiers of Joy
  • Hidden Truths (Satan's Outlaws, #1)
  • Wrecked (Dirty Air, #3)
  • Beneath the Stands (Sugarlake #2)
  • This Cruel Love
  • The War Within (Rocke #4)
  • Repeat Offender (Souls Chapel Revenants MC, #1)
  • Worlds Apart
  • Hurt to Love
  • Part of Us (Part of Me Book 3)
  • Luck (4Clover Series, #1)
  • My Unexpected Serenity (California Billionaires #1)
  • Truth
  • Playing with Fire
  • Frequency of Attraction (All In, #3)
Mad about books.

I love to read, and I love to write.
My preferred genre is romance as I love an alpha male, but I am open to reading anything, especially if a book has been recommended to me.

My books:
Part of Me
Part of You
Part of Us
Checkmate
My books can be purchased at amazon.

Find me on Facebook:
www.facebook.com

The Perfect (4 books)
  • Perfect Memories (The Perfect, #2)
  • Perfect Disaster (The Perfect, #3)
  • Perfect Beginnings