Start by marking “Curse of Infiniti (The Infiniti Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Curse of Infiniti (The Infiniti Trilogy #1)

Curse of Infiniti

(The Infiniti Trilogy #1)

Can she collect enough fragments of her past before the nightmarish figure from her dreams catches up with her?

As she wakes up in a bedroom she doesn't recognize, Ellayne becomes increasingly aware of one thing: she has no memories-no identity-no name. Dark figures not only haunt her nightmares, but also stalk her in reality. Ellayne finds herself on the run, chased by a h
Published November 20th 2020 by Via Veritas Vita Press

To ask other readers questions about Curse of Infiniti, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curse of Infiniti

Start your review of Curse of Infiniti (The Infiniti Trilogy #1)
Lovielyn
Jun 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
I finished this book later than usual, not because its not good, but because I have a hectic schedule. I have read some books with the amnesia plot but COI gives you a whole new concept when it comes to forgetting.

The thing that I seek in a good book is the character's personality; something to make me love and/or hate them. Something that would make them truly exist in my head. And COI delivered it beautifully. Ellayne is sassy for a girl with an amnesia, Kiegan is an instant prince charming,
Luna
Jun 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
First off, Curse of Infiniti was a really great read and a beautiful start for a fantasy series. I connected to the characters more and exceeded my expectations.

World building is magnificent and every detail of how the magic works in this world was explained neatly. I did not find myself having trouble on getting through with this book because I love the writing style!

Characters were realistic and I love the teamwork of them even if they're sometimes (maybe always? Kade HAHA) bickering to each
Janine
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many times, I’m able to correctly guess what’s going on in a storyline and I’m not surprised at the reveal. Not for Curse of Infiniti. While I had some theories and ended up being right, the book kept me second guessing and wondering exactly what was going on. I enjoyed this dark fantasy as a good opener to a new series.

The story follows an amnesiac Ellayne, who’s waking up, and provides a good starting point, as we are learning the world with her, as she seems to lose her memories after a month
Carrie Larson
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review
I don't normally read a whole lot of fantasy novels. With that said, I thoroughly enjoyed reading the Curse of Infiniti. The story was very captivating and draws you in. It took me about 6 or so chapters to get into the book (which is pretty normal for me with any book), but once I did, I didn't want to put it down. The story follows a young women, Ellayne, who wakes up with no memories and must go on a quest to find out who she is,
Bella RNC
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received this book for free, in exchange for an honest review.

From the very first page of this book, I was hooked. Hetrick's ability to compose sentences and build beautiful places in her readers' heads, is incredible. I truly felt like I was there, with Ellayne, throughout the entire read. The world-building was intricate, yet not difficult to understand.

The amnesia plotline was something I've never read in a fantasy before, and really added to the suspense of whole book. The stak
Katie Laidman
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Curse of Infiniti is a well written YA fantasy following the main character as she navigates her life trying to find out who she is. Right from the beginning, I was hooked on following Ellayne and her story. One of my favorite things about Curse of Infiniti is how much I felt connected to the story. With the turn of each page, I was invested in what was going to happen next. I enjoyed that the book had a little bit of romance but it wasn’t overpowering. I have to admit I am invested in the love ...more
Madeline Backus

*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review*

Hetrick’s booked pulled me in right away. I loved the world she created, intricate yet able to be navigated without tons of effort. The characters were all well thought out and portrayed genuine emotions you could easily imagine and believe that’s how they really felt. It was a quick moving book, but I wouldn’t want any more extravagant details. It was very descriptive although sometimes the analogies with the description would take
Hannah Decker
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review*

I love reading fantasy novels, so being chosen as an ARC reader for Curse of Infiniti was right up my alley! I was delighted to discover Hetrick’s clever storytelling and ability to reveal certain important details while simultaneously keeping other aspects of the story a mystery. This unique combination kept me turning pages, constantly wondering what was going to happen next! I was blown away by several of the twists and turns Het
Ashlie
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
*I recieved this book in exchange for an honest review*

The first thing I want to say is how different this book feels from all of the other fantasy I have written. It has so much stuff and just its plot felt different.
I was immediately pulled in from the very beginning, especially at the first chapter. I kept reading to see what would happen to the Characters, what the world is like, and to just know more.
I actually cared a lot of the characters and wanting to see where the end up by the end. El
Sydney Fowler
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
* I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review*

Fantasy novels have always been a favorite for me, and this one was no exception. From the very first chapter, I was incredibly invested in Ellayne’s story, and the mystery of her identity. I did not want to put the book down, and was disappointed when it came to an end and I realized I had to wait to find out what happened next. While the plot was predictable at times, the amnesia bit was new, refreshing, and intriguing, and there
Sarah Blase
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review*

I was so excited to get my hands on this and dive back into some YA Fantasy!

The beginning of Ellayne's story instantly hooked me. I was flipping through the pages at light speed to find out more about her memory loss, and what secrets she was hiding.

Hetrick expertly navigates a story that could easily resort to cliches. The pacing is excellent, and really kept me invested throughout.

There are plenty of twists and turns to ke
Ashley Nimmo
*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review*

Adult fantasy has always been one of my favorite genres of literature and I've read numerous adult fantasy novels ranging from the Harry Potter series to the Percy Jackson series. I've enjoyed the adventurous story lines being woven with the intricate character development that Hetrick creates with her novel. It's a fantastic novel that had me rapidly turning the pages to see what was going to happen to Ellayne next. Hetrick does an
Hannah Maben
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
**I received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review

This was a fun, light read, especially if you are into YA fantasy. I have to admit, it was difficult for me to connect with the main character some, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the book overall.

I thought the story line was interesting, and while there was predictable parts, I was pleasantly surprised with how Hetrick tied the ending together. The description of the setting, and the characters was great. Moreover, I w
Katharina
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Curse of Infinity is the first book in the Infinity Trilogy by Rachel Hetrick. It's about Ellayne who lost her compete memory and is hunted down by a dark archer. On her way to find herself she meets Kiegan and Kade,who help her discover the source of her amnesia. Now they have to find a way to prevent her next memory loss.

Curse of Infinity is a super suspenseful fantasy novel, which got me from the first page. The world is beautifully detailed and the characters are complex and interesting. I a
Ashlie
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
DISCLAIMER: I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review

I’ve always been one for fantasy novels and adventure books. As a writer myself, it’s something I enjoy dabbling in. Rachel did a wonderful job capturing the attention of the reader straight from the beginning and led them on a journey that had you questioning what could happen next? It definitely kept you hooked on certain characters as well.

Now that I have finished the book, I can’t wait for the next one, I highly recom
Rhoni Goslin
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is so amazing! If you love reading a good fantasy novel and a good mystery, this is the book for you. I kept wanting to read more to find out the next clue as to what was really going on. The characters were great and had good development and the fascinating plot had me staying up WAY too late because I didn't want to put it down. If you enjoy John Flanagan's or Shannon Messenger's books, you will LOVE Rachel Hetrick!

I received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
Micah
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*

I don’t tend to read YA Fantasy Fiction, but I enjoyed reading The Curse of Infiniti. Though written for a younger audience (pre-teens and teens), this book had an intriguing plot that engaged readers from the beginning. The character development and suspense kept me intrigued until the very last page. I’d recommend this book for any young readers who enjoy fantasy (or for adults who want a fun read). I look forward to seeing
Hannah
Oct 04, 2020 rated it liked it
This book had a great mixture of mystery and fantasy, and I came to love the characters as the story progressed. If you’ve read the Throne of Glass, you’ll probably enjoy this book. My biggest critique of it was that I found the ending predictable, which was a disappointment to me. Despite that, I enjoyed it enough that I’m excited to read the next book and see how the story progresses.

Shayna J
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review*

This YA fantasy novel was a fun, light read which is full of magic and mystery. The author did a good job of creating this fantasy world and allowed her reader’s mind to envision the different scenes. Although some of the conversations between the characters were a little choppy and didn’t flow that well, the storyline was great! Overall, I really enjoyed this read!!
Kailey Greenwood
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for honest review.

I absolutely adored this novel. The prologue had me second guessing everyone that came into our main characters life. The pacing is quick and Rachel's writing makes it easy to get sucked into this strange world.

Only one thing felt a little rushed, which is the only reason this isn't a full 5 stars.

I don't want to give away too much, so I will just say, if you are a fan of YA fantasy with a slight romance subplot, you will enjoy this book.
Erin
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing

*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review*

Curse of Infiniti is a captivating book. I was pulled into the story, and could not put it down until I knew what happened. While at times the plot was a little predictable, I still enjoyed the suspenseful moments and revelations throughout the book.
I would recommend this YA novel, and I look forward to reading more of Hetrick’s works when they come out!
Chaannttt
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Catelyn
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review

What a magical story. Even as an adult, I love reading YA fiction for the escape from reality it provides. Rachel’s writing does just that. It’s so easy to get swept up in the story. You can’t help but imagine yourself as Ellayne..lost in a world you’re seeking to understand. A little bit of magic, humor, and just the right amount of love all rolled into one. I can’t wait to read the next book in the Infiniti trilogy!
Sonali Camacho
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was lucky to get to read this book early, such a fun read with an intriguing story line! Loved trying to puzzle out the ending. I would recommend this book particularly for teens and pre-teens (but you can never be too old for fun fantasy!). Excited for the next book!

Stephanie I
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I very much enjoyed this book. Ms. Hetrick has created a fascinating world with rich and dynamic characters who readers can instantly connect with. The story is compelling, well paced and delightfully detailed. Like all good books, I’m sad I finished it and can’t wait for the next!

Kaitlin
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
That ending, can't wait for the next one. This book is perfect for those who love young adult fantasy with a strong female lead, interesting but not overly world building and plenty of action. For me personally it started a bit slow but I was soon hooked.

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Delaney
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review*

Something that I often hate about starting a new book is how some books can start a bit slow. That was not the case with Curse of Infiniti. This book will draw you in from the very first page. I'll be excited to see what occurs in the rest of the trilogy.
Ashley Froberg
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this and couldn’t put it down! I really got sucked into the world and attached to the characters. This debut novel draws you in and keeps you guessing as to what’s going to happen next. The main character makes you feel for her struggle to understand this world. I definitely recommend picking this up. (Disclaimer, I received this book for free in exchange for a review)
Emily
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book to escape reality and enjoy a fantastical adventure.
Athena (OneReadingNurse)
May 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Will post full review tomorrow as I am part of a blog tour!

5 starred the book by default because if I can't put it down and find it compulsively readable, it deserves it!
Goodreads Librari...: Ebook and release date missing 2 13 Oct 30, 2020 09:17PM

• When You're Back (Rosemary Beach, #11)
  • Twisted Perfection (Rosemary Beach, #5; Perfection, #1)
  • Never Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #2; Too Far, #2)
  • Bad for You (Sea Breeze, #7)
  • One More Chance (Rosemary Beach, #8; Chance, #2)
  • Until Friday Night (The Field Party, #1)
  • Did I Mention I Need You? (DIMILY, #2)
  • Did I Mention I Love You? (DIMILY, #1)
  • Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4)
  • Fallen Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #1; Too Far, #1)
  • Forever Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #3; Too Far, #3)
  • Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2)
  • Did I Mention I Miss You? (DIMILY, #3)
  • Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
  • Simple Perfection (Rosemary Beach, #6; Perfection, #2)
  • When I'm Gone (Rosemary Beach, #10)
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist (The Friend Zone, #2)
When the world went nuts at the beginning of 2020, the pandemic led to the closing of the school I was employed at overseas. It was then I decided the time had come for me to fulfill my childhood dream of becoming a published author. I have been writing for almost all of my life (some of my first memories are of creating stories).

With the inspiration of many incredible authors on Youtube, I have