Start by marking “Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop (A Beacon Bakeshop Mystery Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop (A Beacon Bakeshop Mystery Book 1)

Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop

(Beacon Bakeshop #1)

In the first of a new series, after Lindsey Bakeswell catches her celebrity chef fianc� sizzling in the arms of another woman, Lindsey leaves big city Wall Street for small town Beacon Harbor, Michigan to pursue her own passion as a pastry baker--and gets mixed up in someone's sweet taste of revenge...

More interested in kneading dough than adding it up, Lindsey's breakup i
Published February 23rd 2021

To ask other readers questions about Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop

Start your review of Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop (A Beacon Bakeshop Mystery Book 1)
Chatting About
The Beacon Bakeshop is open for business! Author Darci Hannah has assembled a fantastic group of characters in a cozy mystery filled with savvy plot twists taking place in a dreamy beach setting.

When protagonist Lindsey Bakewell purchases an old, rundown lighthouse in Beacon Harbor, MI, she has no idea it comes with a pirate ghost. Many townspeople wanted it torn down, while others wanted it preserved for its historical significance. Lindsey leaps forward with her plans to open a Bakeshop and Ca
Gloria
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I kept seeing this book pop on Goodreads and decided to read it and am glad that I did. The story includes some great, interesting and likable characters in a fun setting and murder mystery plot. After discovering her celebrity chef and fiancé with his pastry chef, Lindsey Bakewell left her successful Wall Street career behind her to pursue her dream of opening a bakeshop and café in an old lighthouse on the shores of a lake in Beacon Harbor, Michigan. Her grandparents had a bakery in a nearby c ...more
Tina
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Murder at The Beacon Bakeshop was an exciting adventure from the start. It had quirky characters. Suspenseful from beginning to end. A thrilling start. I would have never guessed who the murderer was. It was a surprise to me. A picturesque setting that I would love to visit again in the second book.

I received this book ARC from Netgalley. This was a honest review.
Nancy Baker
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This story is sure to make you hungry. Lindsey Bakewell leaves New York City and her cheating fiance to a quaint small town on Lake Michigan to open her own bakeshop. Little did she know she was going to be in more danger than she ever experienced in NYC.

A charming setting with interesting characters and a well plotted ending make this a well rounded cozy. Thanks to Kensington and NetGalley for an ARC. The opinions expressed are my own.
Lisa Morin
This is a great addition to the cozy mystery genre. Lindsay is a good character, she’s independent, loyal and her good attitude are excellent qualities in a protagonist.
With the opening of her own bakery in a lighthouse, Lindsay has everyone in the little community talking. Some residents are excited and some are livid, and someone is out for revenge.
A gruesome death casts a shadow over Lindsay’s grand opening, landing her directly at the top of the suspect list.
Refusing to give up, Lindsay and
Peggy R
After a few disappointing reads by new to me cozy mystery authors, I was hesitant to try another. Darci Hannah has been on my TBR list with her previous series, so I thought I would take a chance. I'm happy to say that I found Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop to be a delightful debut in this new series. The reasons I was drawn to this series were the culinary aspect and because it is set in my home state. I always think it is fun to read a book set in my home state, especially when the author also ...more
Kim
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am so excited to share the first book in A Beacon Bakeshop Mystery series with you! It truly was a pleasure reading Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop by Darci Hannah.

I rarely laugh at cozy mysteries and when people say in their reviews that they couldn’t stop laughing, I wonder if I really am that jaded from reading so many thrillers and horror books. While I wasn’t LOLing at Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop, I was amused by some of the dialogue and scenes, which for me is basically rolling on the fl
Maria
Feb 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
What a great start to a series - I loved this book! The setting was imaginative, the characters were strong yet quirky, and the mystery kept me guessing until the end. I also enjoyed the light paranormal aspect.

I received a copy from #NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

#MurderattheBeaconBakeshop #NetGalley
Darci Hannah
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Why did I give this book a 5 star review? Because I wrote it, and I loved writing it, and I love it even more because you amazing Goodreads reviewers are enjoying it too. Thank you for reading this first Beacon Bakeshop mystery. I promise to write more, and I promise to make them just as fun for you to read. You all deserve a 5 star review! Hugs and donuts for you all!
Lisa Morin
Dec 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Refusing to give up, Lindsay and
K.A. Davis
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
MURDER AT THE BEACON BAKESHOP is the first book in the brand new Beacon Bakeshop Mystery series by Darci Hannah. First off, I adore the location… who can resist a small-town Michigan lighthouse turned bakery and home? However, protagonist Lindsey Bakewell, newly arrived from New York, finds the lighthouse she purchased (sight unseen!) doesn’t even come close to living up to the description provided by the town’s real estate agent. The author’s humor, given the situation, captured my attention an ...more
Brenda Feinen
Feb 24, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2021-netgalley
I want to visit Beacon Harbor! A vintage lighthouse renovated, a bakeshop and a ghost? Count me in!
Lindsey leaves behind a lucrative financial job after finding her chef fiancé and his pastry chef naked on his desk. She buys a lighthouse in desperate need of a renovation with the dream of opening her own bakeshop - using the internet.
Opening day - her bestie, Kennedy, a trendsetter with thousands of followers, has inspired not only New Yorkers to attend the grand opening, but also Jeffery with
Rima Aiello
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A strong start to what promises to be a deliciously written series. Full of charming characters, a solid mystery, and a setting one can only dream about being in, this is a book the reader will not be able to put down. I cannot wait to see what else the author has in store!
Caryn - iam.caryn
Bring your appetite and your thinking cap when you dive into this story.

I pretty much wasn’t able to put this book down when I was reading it... only when the food descriptions were so heavenly that I had to stop and make myself a snack (this may have happened more times than I care to admit).

The plot and mystery were perfect for the cozy mystery genre. Likeable narrator, quaint town, suspicious about everyone else, precious pooches, a possible haunting ... wait what?! Yes! A possible haunting!
Mary Brown
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Murder At The Beacon Bakeshop
Beacon Bakeshop, Book 1
Darci Hannah
5 Stars

Synopsis:

In the first of a new series, after Lindsey Bakeswell catches her celebrity chef fiance sizzling in the arms of another woman, Lindsey leaves big city Wall Street for small town Beacon Harbor, Michigan to pursue her own passion as a pastry baker--and gets mixed up in someone's sweet taste of revenge...

More interested in kneading dough than adding it up, Lindsey's breakup inspired her to set up the shop she always wa
karen wescott
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: give-aways
Thank you for another Goodreads Giveaway! Really liked this book. More depth than a typical cozy mystery due to multiple storylines. Reminiscent of the Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Felt a bit cheated on the bad guys - not sure of the fit. Would make for good TV as well.
Bobbie Kirkland
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Through NetGalley, I received a free copy of MURDER AT THE BEACON BAKESHOP (Book 1 of the Beacon Bakeshop Mysteries) by Darci Hannah in exchange for an honest review. Lindsey Bakewell is a successful and therefore, wealthy, New York financier. On her birthday, she finds her celebrity chef fiancé in flagrante delicto with his pastry chef on a cooking surface in his restaurant. Yuck! A good bit of wine and some computer surfing later, Lindsey finds herself the owner of a lighthouse in Beacon Harbo ...more
Noreen Trotsky
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021, cozy, fiction, mystery
What a great start to a new series. A cheating fiancé, a sweet drooling dog, a BFF with a cool British accent, a hunky neighbor and a new dream career as a bakery owner in a gorgeous setting. What more can one ask for?
Well, if you are Lindsey Bakewell you can ask for a smooth opening day for her new bakery set within a lighthouse. That, unfortunately, is not going to happen for her as a certain someone dies right on her lawn after taking a bite of one Lindsey's donuts along with a sip of her cof
Lacey Harrington
This was a great start to a fun series! Lindsey and her Newfoundland Wellington are a fun pair. She leaves New York, high profile job, and cheating fiancé. On a whim and after drinking to much she bought a old light house with plans to open a bakery. Beacon Harbor was like coming to a different world from New York. Things are moving along until opening day when her past shows up to ruin her opening day. Two murders, fun characters, beautiful setting and a great ending!
#MurderattheBeaconBakeshop
Bridget
Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop is the first in Darci Hannah's new Beacon Bakeshop Mystery series following Lindsey Bakeswell and her devoted Newfoundland dog, Wellington.

In this book, I was pleased to meet Lindsey who has always dreamed of owning her own bakery. After finding her fiancé in a compromising situation, covered in icing sugar along with his tarty pastry chef, Mia, she heads off to small-town Beacon Harbor, Michigan and sets up a bakery cafe in a former lighthouse, leaving New York Cit
Missi Martin (Stockwell)
Feb 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop by Darci Hannah is the first book in her new Beacon Bakeshop Mystery series and it will capture readers attention hook, line and sinker !!

Main character Lindsey Bakewell moves from New York City to the small lakeside town of Beacon Harbor, Michigan to get as far away from her cheating ex-fiance and his tart of a girlfriend as she possibly can. She bought an abandoned, rundown lighthouse sight unseen except for pictures on the internet and works at turning it into a
Cozy Cat Reviews
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun charming cozy debut. Murder At The Beacon Bakeshop is the first book in the mystery series " Beacon Bakeshop Series". The series is set in picturesque town on the coast of Maine, Beacon Harbor. I love the description of the small coastal town and the culture of Maine.

Our protagnist is Lindsey Bakeswell ( love the name !) who is home from wall street to pursue a career baking which is her joy. She has converted a charming old lighthouse into her bakery cafe and her home. The descri
Lori Leaf
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
In short: On the day of her Bakeshop grand opening, Lindsey’s ex fiancé’s girlfriend shows up to sabotage it but then chokes on a donut and dies.

Synopsis from publisher: In the first of a new series, after Lindsey Bakeswell catches her celebrity chef fiancé sizzling in the arms of another woman, Lindsey leaves big city Wall Street for small town Beacon Harbor, Michigan to pursue her own passion as a pastry baker--and gets mixed up in someone's sweet taste of revenge.

My thoughts: I really enjoye
Fred
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Murder At The Beacon Bakeshop is the first book in the A Beacon Bakeshop Mystery series by Darci Hannah.

Lindsey Bakewell, I love her last name, having caught her fiancee, Jeffery Pank, a renowned chef, in a compromising position with his pastry chef, Mia Long, has decided to leave her high-paying job in the financial district of New York City. Googling real estate properties, Lindsey found a lighthouse and keeper’s house for sale and bought it sight unseen. When she arrives in Beacon Harbor and
Monica Zapata
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Very Entertaining!! It keeps you wanting to know more; a masterful mixture of mystery and funny anecdotes. Rich and flawless descriptions that take your mind away of everything.
QNPoohBear
DO NOT purchase this book! A key piece of the story is missing and replaced by a chunk of another author's story!

After catching her fiancé, celebrity chef Jeffery Plank with that tart of a pastry chef Mia Long, Lindsey Bakewell got a leeetttllle tipsy and bought a lighthouse in Michigan on the internet. Arriving in Michigan to find a run-down lighthouse next to the keeper's cottage she had arranged to have renovated, Lindsey almost turns and runs back to her high-powered Wall Street job. Baking
Jeanie
Feb 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
There were many things I loved in this first in a new series. Overall, the mystery itself is fabulously plotted and executed. The characters, who are well defined, are very likable, and love the setting. There were also a couple aspects a little edgier than I usually prefer.

On Lindsey’s thirty-fifth birthday, she went to her fiancé Jeffery’s trendy Manhattan restaurant and found him with his pastry chef, Mia. She broke their engagement, gave up her lucrative investment banking career, and moved
Jane
Jan 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Former Wall Street banker Lindsey Bakewell decides to move from New York to Beacon Harbor, Michigan after catching her fiancé and his pastry chef, Mia Long in the act in his office. Her ex-fiancé Jeffery Plank is a celebrity chef 👨🏻‍🍳

Lindsey has always had a passion for baking but she put that aside to pursue her career in investment banking. She bought an old lighthouse, sight unseen on the shores of Lake Michigan. Locals call it the Old Beacon Point Lighthouse. She’s only baked for pastries a
theliterateleprechaun
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The first in a new series, Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop, by Darci Hannah, is a breath of fresh air for cozy mystery lovers. Hannah’s success can be attributed to the perfect recipe; delectable humour, unique plot and fantastic characters.

Leaving her ex-fiance and his midtown New York restaurant in her rearview mirror, Lindsey Bakewell heads off for Beacon Harbour on the shores of Lake Michigan to begin a new life. Shocked to hear that her celebrity chef fiancé, Jeffrey Plank, was having an ong
Kristina
Murder at the Beacon Bakeshop by Darci Hannah is the debut of A Beacon Bakeshop Mystery series. I thought this was a delightful story. It is well-written with developed characters. The author took the time to introduce us to Lindsey Bakewell and her dog, Wellington. After catching her fiancé with his pastry chef, Lindsey is given the advice to follow her dream. Thankfully, Lindsey invested well and has a solid portfolio. It allows her to purchase a rundown lighthouse in Beacon Harbor, Michigan t ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Furbidden Fatality (A Catskills Pet Rescue Mystery #1)
  • Death Bee Comes Her (An Oregon Honeycomb Mystery, #1)
  • Long Island Iced Tina (Catering Hall Mystery #2)
  • Farm to Trouble (Farm to Table Mysteries #1)
  • Shucked Apart (A Maine Clambake Mystery #9)
  • Bait and Witch (Witch Way Librarian Cozy Mysteries Book 1)
  • A Curious Incident (Sherlock Holmes Bookshop Mystery, #6)
  • Picture Perfect Frame (Tourist Trap Mystery #12)
  • Undercover Kitty (Second Chance Cat Mystery #8)
  • A Deadly Chapter (Castle Bookshop Mystery, #3)
  • Murder in an Irish Bookshop (An Irish Village Mystery Book 7)
  • A Side of Murder (Cape Cod Foodie Mystery #1)
  • Fresh Brewed Murder (A Ground Rules Mystery #1)
  • One Poison Pie (Kitchen Witch Mysteries #1)
  • Murder With a View (House-Flipper Mystery #3)
  • Chilled to the Cone (A Bakeshop Mystery #12)
  • Ink and Shadows (Secret, Book, & Scone Society, #4)
  • Death by Chocolate Snickerdoodle (A Death by Chocolate Mystery, #4)
Cozy mystery author, Darci Hannah, is a native of the Midwest and currently lives in a small town in Michigan. Darci is a lifelong lover of the Great Lakes, a natural wonder that inspires many of her stories. When Darci isn't baking for family and friends, hiking with her furry pals, Ripley and Finn, or concocting her next cozy mystery, she can be found wandering around picturesque lakeside villag ...more

Beacon Bakeshop (2 books)
  • Murder at the Christmas Cookie Bake-Off

News & Interviews

According to some historians, the month of April is actually named after Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, by way of the Romans....