Start by marking “The Con Artist Dates: The Prequel Stories to The Scam List” as Want to Read:
The Con Artist Dates: The Prequel Stories to The Scam List

The Con Artist Dates: The Prequel Stories to The Scam List

Boone McReedy and Darby West are the best teen con artist team around. Too bad they’re also exes and would rather die than work together pulling scams. But in THE SCAM LIST, they’re forced to team up. Why? Because Boone’s the idiot who got conned out of $15,000 by a mystery girl putting the family business at risk of foreclosure. They’ll earn back the money, one con at a t ...more
Kindle Edition
Published May 21st 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Con Artist Dates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Con Artist Dates

Start your review of The Con Artist Dates: The Prequel Stories to The Scam List
Jen
While I will own I’m definitely biased, The Con Artist Dates was a quick, fun read and great “teaser”! It left me anxious to read The Scam List to find out what happens to Boone and Darby. I always appreciate strong female characters, especially in young adult novels and stories, and Darby is definitely that!
Sarah Boselovic
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can’t wait to read more about Boone and Darby in The Scam List!
Thurman
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent appetizer before The Scam List comes out. The characters pop and the cons keep you guessing. I can’t wait to spend time with these characters again.
Sarena
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved meeting these characters and look forward to spending more time with them in The Scam List.
Charity
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
That was cute and fun! I loved the show Sneaky Pete so I was excited to read this. It's a short story prequel to The Scam List, which I plan to read next. Only three chapters in this one, but each one is a short story on its own.

Boone and Darby came to life from the beginning and I could picture each situation they were in with perfect clarity. They are both so good at the con you never know what to believe. I quickly learned to never give up on the pair even when their plan seems to be foiled.
Ami
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a collection of three short stories that are prequels to The Scam List. The YA stories are well-written and entertaining while giving information for the novel. I enjoyed reading all three and they created the desire to discover what happens next in the lives of the two young protagonists.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this ebook from the author and this is my honest and freely given opinion.
May
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was so good to read more Boone. I wish I read this before The Scam List because it was just a really nice way to lead into the story and get a deeper sense of Darby and Boone as a couple. The writing and the humour was still impeccable as ever! Kurt Dinan has shot up into my top rankings for favourite author easily. Really really recommend.
Brian Thomas
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The characters were instantly likeable. The scams were really well-conceived and entertaining. I am definitely looking forward to The Scam List!
Rachel White
I was sent this book to review and unfortunately, I didn’t enjoy it as much as I had hoped I would. It was a decent prequel but it didn’t leave me wanting to know more about the characters therefore whilst I thought the stories were good, I’m in no hurt to pick up The Scam List.
Deana Moss

• Grown Ups
  • I'm Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness
  • A Good Marriage
  • Idle Hands
Kurt Dinan is a high school English teacher living in Cincinnati. His debut novel, DON'T GET CAUGHT, was released April of 2016, and was a Junior Library Guild selection and winner of 2017's YALSA's Teens' Top Ten Award. His latest novel, THE SCAM LIST, will be released in August of 2020. He is represented by Kerry Sparks of LGR. ...more